@Leftovers
Relaxed
252 HP \4 Atk \ 252 Def

Moves:
~Stealth Rock
~Ice Beam
~Earthquake
~Roar

I don't know what to say about this so here goes. I wanted a lead that would set up SR while staying alive. I tried with Aero, but he was too fragile for me. I already had an Azelf on my team, so that would be useless. So I searched for Swampert and found out that he was in OU (thank god), and that he had cool defenses. OHKO'ing any Aeros out there with Ice Beam even if they'd Taunted me, hitting for neutral damage and denting some Pokemon along the way, made him a prime candidate for my lead.Roar is for scouting the enemy's team and prevent then from setting up on me. EQ is for STAB and coverage. Ice Beam and EQ make nearly perfect coverage.

Synergy:
Grass moves go to: Metagross, Latias, Gengar
------------------
Special Sweeper:
@Leftovers
Timid
4 Def \252 Spd \252 Sp.Atk

Moves:
~Substitute
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Thunderbolt

Azelf was unreliable, although it was effective as a sweeper, it usually died from BP. Its the same here with Gengar, only I can set up a Substitute and prevent them from inflicting me with status shit. Actually, this is from the substitute set, only T-bolt over Hypnosis for OHKO'ing Gyara . Leftovers to recover from Substitute damage, and cover up the HP it loses from Sanstorm.

Synergy:
Psychic moves go to: Latias, Empoleon, Metagross.
Ghost moves go to: Empoleon.
--------------------
Stall Breaker:
@Life Orb
Jolly
252 HP \36 Def \220 Spd

Moves:
~Taunt
~Earthquake
~Roost
~Toxic

This was here because I wanted something that could make child's play out of Empoleon's weaknesses. And it doesn't make them child's play, it makes them look like toddler's play. Takes Electric and Ground attacks and makes them look like nothing, resists Fighting and Bug to an extent. As pointed out by jc104, I didn't have enough power to break a Stall team. I tested his suggested changes, and they turned out to be quite effective. Toxic and Taunt to out speed and inflict status, EQ for coverage and STAB.

Synergy:
Ice moves go to: Metagross, Empoleon.
Water moves go to: Empoleon, Latias.
--------------------
Heart of the team:
@Leftovers
Adamant
252 HP \252 Atk \4 Spd

Moves:
~Swords Dance
~Drill Peck
~Avalanche
~Aqua Jet

Ah, Empoleon. Named after an emperor, and what an emperor you are. You are a wall to your city, you resist many attacks and ask for more, and you can put a DD Mence to shame with one an Avalanche.Also suggested by jc104, I changed this to a more offensive penguin. I can set up SD safely 'cause they change to Blissey thinking that I'm running a special set. Then I can proceed to OHKO Blissey and the rest of the team. Along with Latias, I can inflict PRZ on the team by T-Wave, and switch in to Empoleon, since it can be out speeded by Mence and Gyara after one DD.

Synergy:
Electric moves go to: Gliscor, Swampert, Latias.
Fighting moves go to: Gliscor, Latias, Gengar.
Ground moves go to: Gliscor, Latias, Gengar.
--------------------
Supporting the team is:
@Leftovers
Timid
252 HP \252 Spd \ 4 Spd

Moves:
~Wish
~Reflect
~Thunder Wave
~Dragon Pulse

Covers Empoleon's weak spots alongside Gliscor and supporting the team along the way. Reflect can soften the beating I get from physical sweepers (I'm looking at you, Gyara!), and Thunder Wave can stop sweepers in their tracks. Wish is for support also.

Synergy:
Dragon moves go to: Empoleon, Metagross.
Ice moves go to: Empoleon, Metagross.
Ghost moves go to: Empoleon.
Bug moves go to: Gliscor, Empoleon.
--------------------
Physical Sweeper:
@Leftovers
Impish
252 HP \244 Def \12 Spd

Moves:
~Meteor Mash
~Explosion
~Earthquake
~Pursuit

I got this to add to the awesome synergy my team already has. With another Steel Pokemon in my team, that makes it a bit more vulnerable to EQ. But I got 3 Pokemon to deal with that. Meteor Mash is for STAB, EQ for Lukes, Pursuit for OHKO'ing Rotom, Explosion when I'm losing the battle.

Synergy:
Ground moves go to: Gliscor, Latias, Gengar.
Fire moves go to: Swampert, Latias.
--------------------

So that's my team! Hope you liked it, please don't be merciful with the criticism; I need it. Any suggestions would be welcome as well.
Changes are in Red.

Run roar on ur Lead Swamp to scout, also surf is somewhat pointless.
I would also run a mix ape in place of Azlef, your team has great support for it and also so many scartars running around these days it would be smart to shy away from azlef a bit. Hmms also a very werid latias set, id suggest the CM latias set in its place will dent alot of teams more then that toxic set will. I hope my adivce helped

Jolly>Adamant on Gliscor so you don't get OHKOed by Jolly Lucario's Ice Punch, it can outspeed you. You can predict a switch and SD, or just go for the EQ OHKO. It also outspeeds Electivire which is also a plus. Your latias is quite awkward. It has Wish, which means you should go with a bulky spread. Switch Thunderbolt with Reflect, and Toxic with Thunder Wave, which means you can cripple sweepers such as DD Tar, and scarfers such as ScarfTar which is dominating the metagame. Though, the Jolly over Adamant nature is purely preference, but you have Metagross which counters Luke nicely, so its not much of a biggie.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi.

Latias should not be running Wish without protect, as any move that 3HKOs can beat you this way. Protect also has the advantage of scouting for choiced moves, which is particularly of note against Tyranitar and Scizor. You should either replace Twave with Protect or Wish with Recover.

Your Swampert should, as mentioned above, run Roar over Surf. Roar provides an effective means of ridding your team of various setup sweepers and baton passers. Ice beam/EQ also already gives near-perfect coverage, so I wouldn't worry about losing surf.

In today's metagame, I am afraid that both Azelf and Gliscor make poor sweepers. Azelf is very vulnerable to priority moves such as Scizor's Bullet punch, and will also be outrun and OHKOed by a variety of choice scarf pokemon, including Tyranitar, Rotom, and Latias. It is also walled by Blissey and Latias. Gliscor is really not fast enough to be a good sweeper. It is outrun by everything with base 100 speed and above, as well as all choice scarf Pokemon, and has a fairly poor special defence stat. It also lacks the power to break through walls lke Swampert, Hippowdon and Skarmory, who can easily phaze you away or kill you with an ice attack. I would suggest you change Gliscor to the stallbreaker set, with 252hp 36def 220spe, Jolly, Sand Veil and EQ/Taunt/Toxic/Roost. This completely destroys stall teams, preventing them from healing and opening them up for your sweepers. At the moment your team really lacks the power and durability to beat a well-made stall team. Since you still want a physical sweeper, change Metagross to an Agility set. This would be much more effective for late-game sweeping, possessing fantastic speed, power and bulk. If you want to keep a similar set, try putting pursuit on there over Ice punch to trap stuff like Scarf Rotom and Latias, giving it a little more utility beyond straightforward attacking.

As for Azelf, in terms of a like-for-like change, a Gengar would be good as you said. If you do opt for Gengar I would suggest that you run a Substitute set, as this way you can ease prediction, as well as avoid being trapped by Scizor and Tyranitar is the way that Azelf is. It will also help protect you from nasty status moves.

I am not really sure, I am afraid, how much your Empoleon set is adding to the team. The tactic with Yawn really requires considerable entry hazard support to work effectively, which you do not have. Nor will Empoleon be particularly powerful or get past walls. If you really want to use Empoleon, you could try replacing it with a more offensive set, or even try the lead set, which I find to be much more effective than Swampert.

Good luck.

So after seeing your Empoleon and running one myself I think there's a better moveset :P.

Since Empoleon has access to EQ why don't you run EQ-Avalance-Aqua Jet-SD?
First of Avalanche ruins Mence, Celebi, and Gliscor if he tries to switch in although Aqua Jet handles him nicely. EQ Owns Jirachi and deals moderate damage against Scizor. Idk but I will be testing this set as it seems to work pretty well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)