First RMT

Well, this is my first RMT but not my first team. I have been testing this on Shoddy and it looks good. I do have a couple of weaknesses that I am having trouble covering. Here is the team at a glance:

This was originally going to be a SS team, but I don't think it matters now.
(M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Standard DD set. Sets up Sandstorm, which is basically what my team revolves around.
@ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Roost
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Roar

This is more of a defensive minded set. TBolt and HP Ice have great coverage and Roost helps with HP loss.
(M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 52 HP/204 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Dragon Pulse
- Explosion

Heatran provides the team with Special Attack. It's a basic Choice Specs set, only I'm using Timid for the extra Speed. I'm not sure about the EV's though and I thought they may change with the Timid Nature.
(M) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Yet another standard set. It's obviously dangerous in Sandstorm and I haven't had much of a problem setting up. Great for finishing off teams.
@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/152 Atk/8 Def/96 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Gyro Ball
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis
- Earthquake

Standard set.
@ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 240 HP/56 Atk/76 Def/136 Spd
Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Wish
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Light Screen

Provides Wish support for the team as well as Special Defense in Light Screen.

I wont post a threat list now, but if someone needs one, I'll put one up.

Jirachi wants SR to put up in her time. Use the ipl zapdos which uses roost and roar to spread around TS and SR. Tar wants Stone Edge since you have all these other guys Earthquaking.

Seems pretty balanced at a glance but I guess testing it would help the most

Ugh, I just refreshed my page, after I had a post for this rmt.

Simply, you have a lot of EQ weaknesses, and maybe 1 too many steels. Choiced Pokemon, and waters are going to give you problems. And Zapdos is your only hope really. It just looks like more things are against this team, than for.

At least you have Tyranitar and Garchomp combo.

Ability: Sand Veil is your happy place.

Could Vaporeon work over Jirachi? It would help with my water weakness as well as my Earthquake weakness.

I was also thinking about Stealth Rock Skarmory over Forretress.

I think a magnezone could wreck your team. It could switch in on forretress, use magnet rise, put up a substitute, then kill forretress with thunerbolt. HP ice for garchomp, tbolt could hurt heatran and jirachi.

Sorry if I don't really know what you could do about magnezone, but I'm just pointing it out. Forretress could use shed shell.

I think a magnezone could wreck your team. It could switch in on forretress, use magnet rise, put up a substitute, then kill forretress with thunerbolt. HP ice for garchomp, tbolt could hurt heatran and jirachi.

Sorry if I don't really know what you could do about magnezone, but I'm just pointing it out. Forretress could use shed shell.
? How can Magnezone kill Heatran, Garchomp, Jirachi, Zapdos and Tyranitar without breaking its Sub and dying? And how can it avoid getting Roared out?

EDIT: I realized Garchomp has a Yache Berry.

? How can Magnezone kill Heatran, Garchomp, Jirachi, Zapdos and Tyranitar without breaking its Sub and dying? And how can it avoid getting Roared out?

EDIT: I realized Garchomp has a Yache Berry.
When I posted, garchomp had salac berry so AOSDUHASLDU
But magnezone could kill forretress and at least take a big chunk of hp out of the next switch in b/c they have to break the sub or roar. BTW, I didn't say it would sweep the entire team. It would just kill forretress and damage the next switch in a lot with its massive special attack. DURRRRRR

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Crunch/Stone Edge is terrible coverage on a DDTar. It leaves you exposed against most Steels and Fighting types, most notably Lucario who 4x resists both your moves. In order to remedy this, and solve your Magnezone problem, it would be best to work in Earthquake over Taunt or one of your attacking moves. If you opt for the latter, you should know that StoneEdge/Earthquake is walled by Bronzong, Claydol, Breloom, Torterra and Flygon whereas Crunch/Earthquake would leave you exposed against Skarmory, Breloom (again), Heracross and Honchkrow (heh). Either way, you're walled by significantly less Pokemon that the SE/Crunch combo. If you opt to drop Taunt, then it might be worth slapping on a Life Orb and just going all-out.

You're also >massively< Garchomp weak, as he can easily OHKO Tyranitar, Forry, Jirachi, Heatran and Garchomp without even using Swords Dance. Bronzong could fit in nicely over Forry or Jirachi but then you'll be losing your Spinner/Wisher. However, it's preferable to getting brained everytime Garchomp shows up (i.e every single match).

Crunch/Stone Edge is terrible coverage on a DDTar. It leaves you exposed against most Steels and Fighting types, most notably Lucario who 4x resists both your moves. In order to remedy this, and solve your Magnezone problem, it would be best to work in Earthquake over Taunt or one of your attacking moves. If you opt for the latter, you should know that StoneEdge/Earthquake is walled by Bronzong, Claydol, Breloom, Torterra and Flygon whereas Crunch/Earthquake would leave you exposed against Skarmory, Breloom (again), Heracross and Honchkrow (heh). Either way, you're walled by significantly less Pokemon that the SE/Crunch combo. If you opt to drop Taunt, then it might be worth slapping on a Life Orb and just going all-out.

You're also >massively< Garchomp weak, as he can easily OHKO Tyranitar, Forry, Jirachi, Heatran and Garchomp without even using Swords Dance. Bronzong could fit in nicely over Forry or Jirachi but then you'll be losing your Spinner/Wisher. However, it's preferable to getting brained everytime Garchomp shows up (i.e every single match).
I think I'll replace Forretress with Bronzong. Spikes/SR/TS haven't been much of a problem.

I went ahead and added Earthquake over Taunt, but I'm going to keep leftovers.

I think I'll replace Forretress with Bronzong. Spikes/SR/TS haven't been much of a problem.

I went ahead and added Earthquake over Taunt, but I'm going to keep leftovers.
If the lack of a Rapid Spinner is really minor to you, then I would change forry to a bronzong, since your team also seems to have a huge mixpert weakness ;/.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
The Mantyke said:
then I would change forry to a bronzong,
I gotta admit, I found it a bit odd that you suggested that immediately after quoting him saying "I think I'll replace Forretress with Bronzong."

Bronzong does seem like a better fit; SR is a decent replacement for Toxic Spikes and he brings much needed sleep support to the team too. One thing to be aware of here though, is that you're now slightly more Weavile weak...that little dude can cause you a lot of grief if he packs a Choice Band. It shouldn't be a problem if you get the rocks out early and keep Jirachi healthy, but you will have slightly more trouble than you did prior to Forretress' departure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)