Done Fix single turn actions bleeding into the next turn

Lets say you make it so that when a pokemon is switched in it gets the effect of the move protect. If the pokemon is brought in as a response to a pokemon being fainted then the move, visually anyway, carries on into the next turn.

Can we either:
A) make the move actually end with the end of the turn
B) show that mons come in at the beginning of next turn to more accurately reflect the code?

(If you say this is a bug that needs to be posted as an issue on the repo, i agree with you but they closed it saying i needed to post it here).

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Note: The reason I considered this a feature request rather than a bug is because no in-game ability or item has a visible effect that ends one turn after switch-in.

This isn't a bug, but rather a feature request for custom OM items.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Anyway, if you want to fix this, it would probably look at ending turnstatuses at `|upkeep|` (which happens before end-of-turn switches) rather than at turn change (which happens after).

I would disagree with it being a feature over a bug but at this point it is difference of opinions. It obvious isn't something that normally shows up though.

I just whish i knew where in the code you guys handled that. Then i could fix it myself.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
I just told you, move the turnstatus clearing from |turn| to |upkeep|.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
Honestly, that code needs a refactor, anyway. I'll just do it myself.

The biggest problem is I have not had a chance to read through the entire code base myself. It takes time and especially since you find weather conditions in the statuses file instead of the field, I can't trust the names to be any indication of where I find stuff. I haven't even gotten around to the client repository and I am rather surprised the upkeep is handled there instead of the server. Working full time and taking classes for my job makes it a slow process due to a lack of free time. Thank you for pointing out where it is. Shouldn't be a hard fix.

Last edited:

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
Creator of PS
The client and server both have to support the upkeep step. The server has to compute what happens, and the client needs to be able to show what happens on the screen.

Anyway, in case it was unclear, I already fixed it myself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)