Flareon (Full Revamp) +

ugh i need to start checking this shit, i just finished a revamp of flareon.

My set comments are pretty different but with the same idea however the actual set varies for me and i would like to suggest you change it to:

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Fire Fang
move 2: Superpower
move 3: Bite
move 4: Return / Quick Attack
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

This is a set that me and olie (mostly olie) made, just trying to find the best cb set for flareon

So instead of bite slashed with QA, slash return with QA. Bite is absolutely vital to take out ghost-types such as Drifblim or Banette as well as beating grumpig, hypno, solrock, lunatone, ect. Returns coverage is pretty bad actually, with access to Superpower + Fire Fang + Bite now. It still has a spot, just not a big one.

You might also want to mention Iron Tail can lower defenses but should generally be avoided because tbh it looks like a decent move.

To comment on the mixed Attacker set:

KD24 and I came up with an EV spread of our own:
32 HP / 104 ATK / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 108 Spe

HP EVs for a Life orb number, 104 Atk deals on Average 64% to max Def/HP Walrein and Dewgong, who is then finished off by a HP grass afterwards. 108 Speed EVs will outrun everything from 0 Speed Blastoise on down, including Nidoqueen, Claydol, Dewgong, Solrock, Lunatone, Lanturn and Cloyster. Fire Blast nets a guaranteed OHKO against max HP / max SpD Steelix.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
I thought so too until I did a damage calculation, which came out as 88.83% - 104.57%, 28.21% chance of a OHKO, 100% with Stealth Rock, hence I assume he meant with Stealth Rock in play against Clefable, which in my opinion could be reworded to "Superpower allows Flareon to always OHKO Ninetales when factoring in Stealth Rock, as well as allowing Flareon to do a minimum of 88% to Bold 252/152 Clefable. "
Stealth Rock doesn't hurt Clefable because of Magic Guard though.

Stealth Rock doesn't hurt Clefable because of Magic Guard though.
That's the point I was making...it shouldn't say "OHKOes Clefable with Stealth Rock", due to Stealth Rock barely ever hitting it, hence it was changed to "does a minimum of 88%".

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Magcargo and Camerupt are also good at taking Flareon's attacks, but won't enjoy Toxic.
How does Magcargo counter Flareon? For one thing, he rarely packs a move that can touch Flareon (just under 40% of Magcargo used HP Rock last month but even that only deals 27% on average to Calm Flareon). Flareon on the other hand can hit him with Toxic, pass a Wish to a team-mate or blast him with Superpower. Magcargo kinda counters the Specs set but tbh, Flareon counters Magcargo if anything.

How does Magcargo counter Flareon? For one thing, he rarely packs a move that can touch Flareon (just under 40% of Magcargo used HP Rock last month but even that only deals 27% on average to Calm Flareon). Flareon on the other hand can hit him with Toxic, pass a Wish to a team-mate or blast him with Superpower. Magcargo kinda counters the Specs set but tbh, Flareon counters Magcargo if anything.
Ok then, Removed :)

To comment on the mixed Attacker set:

KD24 and I came up with an EV spread of our own:
32 HP / 104 ATK / 252 SpA / 12 SpD / 108 Spe

HP EVs for a Life orb number, 104 Atk deals on Average 64% to max Def/HP Walrein and Dewgong, who is then finished off by a HP grass afterwards. 108 Speed EVs will outrun everything from 0 Speed Blastoise on down, including Nidoqueen, Claydol, Dewgong, Solrock, Lunatone, Lanturn and Cloyster. Fire Blast nets a guaranteed OHKO against max HP / max SpD Steelix.
Umm...I cant remember ever fighting a Dewgong or Walrein =/

I can't see the point of adding 8 more HP [or 3 more SpD =/ if that 12 is spare why not put it into Attack?].

The speed seems justified. From what Ive seen as long as I outrun Claydol thats all that seems to matter. I usually switch Flareon out a lot.

I want to keep the 192 Attack if it 2HKOs Hypno and Grumpig.

Final spread: 192 Atk / 208 SpA / 108 Spe

Final Stats with HP Grass: 271 / 378 / 139 / 277 / 256 / 193

Happy?

ugh i need to start checking this shit, i just finished a revamp of flareon.

My set comments are pretty different but with the same idea however the actual set varies for me and i would like to suggest you change it to:

[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Fire Fang
move 2: Superpower
move 3: Bite
move 4: Return / Quick Attack
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

This is a set that me and olie (mostly olie) made, just trying to find the best cb set for flareon

So instead of bite slashed with QA, slash return with QA. Bite is absolutely vital to take out ghost-types such as Drifblim or Banette as well as beating grumpig, hypno, solrock, lunatone, ect. Returns coverage is pretty bad actually, with access to Superpower + Fire Fang + Bite now. It still has a spot, just not a big one.

You might also want to mention Iron Tail can lower defenses but should generally be avoided because tbh it looks like a decent move.
I too think Bite is a very good option. I guess I'll emphasise it and swap return. I may get rid of Qatk.

Thanks to all =)

EDIT: Has all been put into the first post :)

Maximum Attack Life Orb Earthquake from Altaria to the Mix Flareon: 121.03% - 142.44%. Altaria can outspeed and OHKO the same Flareon, making this part of the Set Comments a tad redundant.

"Hidden Power Ice is Flareon's best option against Altaria, but Flareon can only revenge kill Altaria before it has the opportunity to Dragon Dance."

Minor nitpick, but I think that the BP set should be above the Choice Band set, I don't think that either of the Choice sets are "great" and I think the Baton Pass set has more going for it because of the low Base Power of his Physical STAB attack on the Choice band set.

EDIT: Actually you're right the passables are pretty shitty. Ignore this post =/ sorry

I don't. The CB set packs a lot of power. Baton pass sets are ruined by Flareon's mediocre speed and crappy passables. Now Flareon has Superpower I see more potential in the CB Sets.

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Uh, except Superpower did nothing to fix the problems of the CB set in the first place (low power STAB and no coverage), so... why do you "see more potential" and want to rank sets not based on battling experience?

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Since you've changed the EVs for the Mixed Attacker set, you'll need to rewrite the second paragraph of the Set Comments as it is now all irrelevant. It mentions the things that you outspeed with 168 Spe, even though the EVs listed are only 108 Spe. You could always go up to 124 Spe too in order to outrun the likes of 0 Speed Meganium and Phione.

Also, Flareon's new sprite is one of the best sprites in Pokemon history imo!

Uh, except Superpower did nothing to fix the problems of the CB set in the first place (low power STAB and no coverage), so... why do you "see more potential" and want to rank sets not based on battling experience?
I've battled with them all...Hence I see potential in the CB set...

Try paying attention =/

Superpower allows Flareon to actually hurt rock/steels now. Before they walled return, FFang, Qattack and Bite to no end. Superpower has also stopped ninetales from getting in a free switch, being OHKOed by superpower. It's usually my choice when I first send out flareon.

I'm pretty sure it's YOU who hasn't used these sets before.

If I want a UU Sub passer or curse passer I'll use Leafeon > Flareon any day.

@Lee: Ok, thanks :)

cim

happiness is such hard work
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
"I see potential" whatever.

Ninetales is easily 2HKOed by Return so I don't get why you're saing that's some sort of "free switch" as it can barely attack any more with Life Orb. Even if it's faster HP Rock won't be doing that much to 110 Special Defense.

Probopass is the only common Rock / Steel, he was one of a multitude of Pokémon that walled you, now he's not.

I'm not saying Superpower was a bad thing but his other sets are still way better.

"I see potential" whatever.

Ninetales is easily 2HKOed by Return so I don't get why you're saing that's some sort of "free switch" as it can barely attack any more with Life Orb. Even if it's faster HP Rock won't be doing that much to 110 Special Defense.

Because ninetales is faster, gets Flash Fire boosts from fire type moves and learns Hypnosis.

Probopass is the only common Rock / Steel, he was one of a multitude of Pokémon that walled you, now he's not.

I still see aggrons every now and again

I'm not saying Superpower was a bad thing but his other sets are still way better.

Use a Baton Pass set. It's mediocre at best.

Caelum

qibz official stalker
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
108 Speed EVs hits 198 Speed which will allow Flareon to outrun most of its usual counters, allowing you to pass a Substitute before you get attacked.
That's pretty vague, I have no idea what I'm outrunning. Please be more specific (this is in the Curse-BP set if you didn't know)

That was wrong for a start ._.

I've bumped it to 211. This puts flareon ahead of base 55s , and those who go for 210 speed to beat swift swimmers. I'll do that for the Choice sets too, I tend to find flareon a bit too slow usually. =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)