Flat Battle / Random Battle Discussion

Hey does Nintendo put any safeguards in effect for illegal pokemon? A Togekiss just took a Hydro Pump from a Specs Drizzletoad with yellow HP to spare. I'm pretty out of touch with 5th Gen (work has me traveling too much to sit down and play for more than MAYBE a week) but I think it should have OHKOd or at least brought it down to like 1HP or something.

Hey does Nintendo put any safeguards in effect for illegal pokemon? A Togekiss just took a Hydro Pump from a Specs Drizzletoad with yellow HP to spare. I'm pretty out of touch with 5th Gen (work has me traveling too much to sit down and play for more than MAYBE a week) but I think it should have OHKOd or at least brought it down to like 1HP or something.
The server will catch you if you try to use pokemon with impossible stats. And it's not like Togekiss can't take hits.

Okay, it's like I said I'm pretty out of touch with the game these days, just expected a little bit more I guess.

anyone ever play someone with 2000+ wins? if so what was there team like
A person's team depends on their mood and playstyle, not by their wins. Since they already have 5 stars, I'm sure most people would just mess around with things like Pachirisu. However, standard boring GBU teams work just like standard OU, except for the occasional gimmick or surprise (HP-Ice Ferrothorn, for example).

What Virizion says is true, people do tend to go towards gimmicks sometimes after they've achieved a gigantic wincount, but then some of them belong to that echelon of obsession where they will use whatever will net them the most wins the quickest, and play nonstop to get more and more. To answer your question Mr. Fuji, of the latter group of people with giant wincounts, I tend to see a lot of rain and hail teams (In doubles, but there's a good chance it's true in Singles too).

What Virizion says is true, people do tend to go towards gimmicks sometimes after they've achieved a gigantic wincount, but then some of them belong to that echelon of obsession where they will use whatever will net them the most wins the quickest, and play nonstop to get more and more. To answer your question Mr. Fuji, of the latter group of people with giant wincounts, I tend to see a lot of rain and hail teams (In doubles, but there's a good chance it's true in Singles too).
I don't have thousands of wins, but I know that Hail is very effective in Free Singles. I've only lost once in about 20 battles with this team, which I believe proves its viability (as a whole) to me. I probably won't go into sets, but the Pokémon I use are: SB Sharpedo, Analytic P-2, Metagross, Raikou, Abomasnow and Beartic. Raikou has potential to be my most valuable team member as it has Weather Ball, +2 priority, and Aura Sphere, but I'm reluctant to use him often due to counters that my opponents sometimes have.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)