fleurdylart

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
FLEURDYLEURSE ART / bee47 art​
Art (please see my latest post)

-Litwick

-Noibat

-Rotom

-Random Background

-Skitty

-Pikachu

-Poliwag

-Qwilfish

Teddiursa

-Surskit

-Foongus

-Slowpoke

-Silcoon

-Charmander

-Seedot

-Unown

-Castform

-Cherubi

-Chinchou

-Treecko

-Ditto (lol)

-Drifloon

-Gengar and Gastly

-Goomy

-Gulpin

-Victini

-Zubat

-Wigglytuff, Jigglypuff, and Igglypuff

-Chansey

-Dugtrio

-Amoonguss

Last edited:
lol drawing with a mouse is crazy
I like the zubat but you should probably get a tablet if you wanna go big time artist badge
unless you don't want to go big time artist badge

edit: drawing with a mouse is a-ok

Last edited:

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
hey good start c: im by no means amazing, but i have a few suggestions since i also use mouse!! for one, if you're drawing with mouse. paint isn't worth it unless you're doing super skinny lines. there's online drawing programs you can use to get smoother less shaky lines, as well as paint tool sai (there's a free version you can get *somehow* online so you could look into that - you can do lineart where you can basically get pretty smooth lines there). You don't need a tablet really, it just is all a matter of how you present it. There's some amazing stuff here with just mouse (albeit rare) and I know from using mouse, that a program where you can do line art is super helpful. It's hard to get stuff straight yeah, but with like a tool where you can easily edit your lines is pretty helpful early on, since chances are if you haven't been practicing for years you can't really get like angles positioning etc good early on. But with a tool to edit you can kinda get there :3 For example like, if you google it, you can find free programs where you can get much straighter lines like this: http://i.imgur.com/lDLBeAM.png (yeah I did Drifloon early on too, and not using paint really helps with mouse).

anyways in regards to like colour and stuff, it's a lot better if you don't use paint fill for it because it's kinda... messy looking. You really want to use something which you can alter the uh... how to explain it, alter the difference between the two colours better so you can fill in the spots and it looks less messy. Instead of using thick lines to start off on, thin lines can be cool to experiment on because you can get the pencil effect, easily erasable without it looking too messy, and you can trace over neatly after. When you get better brushes you can start using thicker lines but since it's on paint that isn't really gonna happen. You should also avoid backgrounds at first when you're starting out because while they can be cool, they're not gonna look that natural and praciticing the actual central point of the image is pretty much better for you. You can also probably get a better perspective of how things are meant to look in regards to shapes, how to put an arm etc if you pretty much draw the exact thing early on, and slowly start to alter it to give it personality! Also don't be afraid to try drawing with pencil too (and upload it) because pencil drawings can be really cool if mouse doesn't turn out to be your forte.

glad you've gotten an interest in art keep posting your progress! :3

I'm not such a new member here, and recently decided to start drawing.
However, my artwork is done with only a mouse and nothing else.
Art :

Ditto (lol)

-Drifloon

-Gengar and Gastly

-Goomy

-Gulpin

-Victini

-Zubat

-Wigglytuff, Jigglypuff, and Igglypuff

-Chansey

To-do list:
-Meditite
-Murkrow
-Slowpoke
-Amoonguss
n_n
I really like Victini, Zubat and Chansey. Good job!

fleurdyleurse

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
skylight I have actually done pencil art before and I might upload it. I use Photoshop, not Paint, although I don't think that's what you mean. I've only started using it for 4 days so I'm not very familiar with it.
I'll try your suggestions!
Xlstevo thanks!

Also, new art is up!

Last edited:
o dear litwick is missing an eye
amoonguss's eyes are lookin good
oh and the lines on litwick are really smooth, did you swap to a different program/tool for it?

fleurdyleurse

o dear litwick is missing an eye
amoonguss's eyes are lookin good
oh and the lines on litwick are really smooth, did you swap to a different program/tool for it?
lol ikr trollfreak gave litwick only one eye.
Yes, I used Paint Tool Sai and probably will be using it mainly. I'll still use Photoshop for stuff like text.
Treecko is up!

skylight

a sky full of lighters ☆
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
kk gonna feedback recent two!

so litwick, yeah you've got the basic shape down, its just... wonky. the positioning is also a little off, you want to make it as realistic as possible, with that in mind an arm shouldnt really stick out from its head, and if you had it more to the side the image would look more balanced. as for the top half in gneral it looks like its just sort of placed there (the white head that is). if you had the lines different sizes (like in the actual litwick image) it'd look less rectangular and less flowing. at this stage i'd say it's best to try your hand as much at the official art than anything else really rather than experiment with shapes you're unfamiliar with. the grey looks kinda odd and i suck at shading but yeah it shouldn't cover the whole area.

treecko also loooks a little wonky. while you've definitely got some sort of depth, the wonkiness doesn't really make it look that realistic. you want to edit your lines. if you right click you can edit so like the legs are neater, and so on. your feet are both at two different angles, you want something that seems kinda lifelike - like you can visualise it moving that way. if you tried walking that way its...probably not possible. :c same for hands, look at other pokemon with similar body shapes and see how their hands are done, and try from there and experiment (though sticking to trying to slightly imitate official artwork would likely help at this point). also even colouring is nice too. another trick you could try is to draw in pencil, get the rough outlines worked out, then do line art over the top on another layer so you have less to correct. :3

keep at it tho, you're improving :)

fleurdyleurse

kk gonna feedback recent two!

so litwick, yeah you've got the basic shape down, its just... wonky. the positioning is also a little off, you want to make it as realistic as possible, with that in mind an arm shouldnt really stick out from its head, and if you had it more to the side the image would look more balanced. as for the top half in gneral it looks like its just sort of placed there (the white head that is). if you had the lines different sizes (like in the actual litwick image) it'd look less rectangular and less flowing. at this stage i'd say it's best to try your hand as much at the official art than anything else really rather than experiment with shapes you're unfamiliar with. the grey looks kinda odd and i suck at shading but yeah it shouldn't cover the whole area.

treecko also loooks a little wonky. while you've definitely got some sort of depth, the wonkiness doesn't really make it look that realistic. you want to edit your lines. if you right click you can edit so like the legs are neater, and so on. your feet are both at two different angles, you want something that seems kinda lifelike - like you can visualise it moving that way. if you tried walking that way its...probably not possible. :c same for hands, look at other pokemon with similar body shapes and see how their hands are done, and try from there and experiment (though sticking to trying to slightly imitate official artwork would likely help at this point). also even colouring is nice too. another trick you could try is to draw in pencil, get the rough outlines worked out, then do line art over the top on another layer so you have less to correct. :3

keep at it tho, you're improving :)
I'll redo treecko tmr/today but i'm quite busy today
it's hard to colour evenly on paint tool sai.
Thanks!
also did noibat

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

Presenting: 15 minute artworks!
15 minute artworks

the first of them: Surskit

foongus and surskit look alright, your shading is getting much better now and their anatomy doesn't look completely wonky anymore. I guess just practice more and you'll develop your own style overtime

fleurdyleurse

lol i posted the wrong slowpoke

i also did charmander and silcoon, both of which were done in 15~ mins

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)