Metagame Flipped

It's worth noting that Goodra also has a strong STAB move in Outrage (shame its best non-locking physical STAB is Breaking Swipe). I would also use a Focus Sash, or Sturdy + something that isn't a Life Orb, on Steelix, just because I imagine it would be hard to set up with 30 HP and middling speed.
I forgot the STAB, but in case it Steelix I think it could force the opponent to switch and then use autotomize.
Sheer Force and life orb, I imagine, could be a brilliant tank and wall breaker

There's two mons that I think could possibly be put for unban status: (although it will need major review)

Marshadow:

This one has its good statline get changed into a specially defensive one of 125/90/90/80/125/90. Marshadow looses a lot from becoming slower and bulkier, namely being more prone to taking attacks. However, this stat line happens to be a good one to use Bulk Up sets with, but a lack of recovery seems to migate this a bit, considering it doesn't have room for Bulk Up, dual STAB, and RestTalk. Double Dance is a possibility too with Agility + Bulk Up, but overall Marshadow seems to have gotten worse.

Lunala:
Lunala gets completely screwed by having the lowest stat be in special attack, with a 97/107/137/89/111/137 stat line. While it becomes faster and had more overall bulk, It's physical movepool is trash. (it's just dual-STAB, (not even good dual-STAB. just Shadow Claw and Psycho Cut) Acrobatics, and Normal moves) This leaves it to rely on supportive movesets, (its support movepool, while containing Roost, is only modest) and although Shadow Shield makes it really thick, Most Dark-types appear to be able to screw it over. Lunala's typing brings two quad-weaknesses that could eat into that bulk, but perhaps it will be a bit too much for the metagame otherwise?
While on the subject, I think Melmetal (34/65/80/143/143/135) could be unbanned, moreso if the two above are as well. While it does have some the best offensive Special Stats in the game thanks to blazing speed and high attack, it has a poor Special movepool consisting of only Flash Cannon, Ice Beam, Solar Beam, Thunderbolt + some other Electric-type attacks, and Normal-type attacks, along with a useless ability in Iron Fist. Its lacking Physical bulk and small amount of useful status moves make it pretty predictable. You could maybe try Iron Defense + Body Press but I doubt it's worthwhile. My only issues are its insane Special attacking stats, and it might be uncompetitive with Thunder Wave + Double Iron Bash looking like a formidable ParaFlinch combo since so few Pokemon are able to outspeed it unboosted.
I'd be concerned about Lunala, Marshadow, and Melmetal, especially Lunala.

Either Lunala or Melmetal would be the second-fastest viable pokemon in the tier after Snorlax (third-fastest if you consider Drifblim viable). Lunala could easily leverage that speed to be a fast supporting pokemon or cleaner/revenge killer in addition to its classic if degraded defensive sets. Consider that a SpA of 89 is subpar but far from unusable. Equipped with Choice Specs, Lunala could excel at picking off weakened threats and frail attackers, and unlike Snorlax or Lapras, it can Trick the Specs away to cripple a defensive pokemon. Lunala could also outspeed every unboosted sweeper and cripple them with Thunder Wave or Will-o-Wisp. Meanwhile, its 97/137/113 defenses plus Shadow Shield could make defensive sets very hard to crack by anything without Ghost or Dark attacks. With these defenses, it could pull off the aforementioned supporting tricks in addition to Defog, Toxic, Roar, and Trick Room+Teleport. Then there are the Calm Mind and Cosmic power sets. I agree with shnowshner that this diversity makes it far too threatening.

As DrPumpkinz stated in regards to Melmetal, BoltBeam is as good as it gets if you only have two coverage moves. With Flash Cannon, BoltBeam, and the SteelBeam nuke, a Choice Specs set will be simply deadly. I may be convinced to unban Melmetal however, on account of two things: 1) Specs may be its only viable set, making it predictable, and 2) the large number of physically-frail glass cannons may make priority rampant in the meta, which Melmetal hates. Even so, Melmetal is resistant to Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, Quick Attack, and Sylveon's Quick Attack, and the Tyrogue evolutions are the only viable users of Mach Punch. A predictable pokemon can still be ban worthy if it is almost impossible to prepare for.

I think Marshadow would be possible if it wasn't for Spectral Thief. The way to break past a special wall is send in a physical set-up sweeper, which would only backfire here. Otherwise, I agree the Bulk Up set would be threatening but manageable.

I'd be open to holding suspects on Melmetal or Marshadow when the meta becomes playable, but I don't think I'd unban them to start unless I see evidence of some solid counters.

Now, people have mentioned some mons I'm excited about:
:hydreigon:
Hydreigon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
- U-turn
- Toxic

Stats: 98/90/125/90/105/92

immaculate typing and resistances, roost, u-turn, decent offensive pressure and overall super fucking bulky. i have no idea how the meta for this will turn out to be though but i can't imagine smth with those stats + that typing and movepool be bad
Yes! Hydreigon looks phenomenal. In addition to the moves you mentioned, it can Defog away hazards, phaze setup sweepers with Roar/Dragon Tail, Taunt opposing walls, and even possibly run a defensive Nasty Plot set.

Furthermore, I believe it may be one of the few reliable counters to Swift Swim Mantine, whose speed, power, and good coverage make it difficult to wall for most other pokemon. Mantine's main attacks will likely be Liquidation + Earthquake. Hydreigon is immune to the latter, and is resistant to the former:
252 Atk Life Orb Mantine Liquidation vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hydreigon in Rain: 88-105 (22 - 26.2%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Hydreigon takes neutral damage from all of Mantine's numerous physical coverage options, so it is only 4KO'd by Gunk Shot, Mantine's strongest option. Mantine doesn't have good physical flying STAB, but may run uninvested Hurricane, or occasionally, an itemless Acrobatics. Hydreigon can withstand all of these.
252 Atk Life Orb Mantine Gunk Shot vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hydreigon: 110-131 (27.5 - 32.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Life Orb Mantine Hurricane vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 110-133 (27.5 - 33.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mantine Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Hydreigon: 118-139 (29.5 - 34.7%) -- 10.4% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Even if Mantine tries to run Ice Beam specifically to target Hydreigon, it will require extreme SpA investment to have a shot at breaking Hydra, at which point Mantine's attack or speed will be greatly neutered.
0 SpA Life Orb Mantine Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 122-146 (30.5 - 36.5%) -- 53.4% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Mantine Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hydreigon: 164-195 (41 - 48.7%) -- 11.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
In return, Hydreigon cleanly 2HKOs Mantine with Dark Pulse.
0 SpA Hydreigon Dark Pulse vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mantine: 160-190 (56.7 - 67.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Several people mentioned Sylveon, and for good reason. There aren't very many good Steel types in this format, and both Cobalion and Duralodon are neutral to Fairy moves, so I actually really like the three-attack mono fairy set, of which I agree with K.O.bold256 that Facade > Body Slam and Heal Bell are best. A two-attack screensetter could also be good. Also, while Dig is terrible, it may be an option in case the game ends with a 1-on-1 versus a Poison type.

Steelix, Avalugg, and Goodra all look terrifying. Along with Mantine, they are the ones who I am most concerned about being banworthy. I think
Scarf Sheer Force is best for Steelix. Avalugg will be great with a Scarf too but I actually think 95 speed is fast enough that Specs will be its best set. Sap Sipper Goodra will smash with either Band or Life Orb.

Persian-Alola
115/65/75/60/60/65
decent
Possibly even better than decent, largely because it is saved by STAB Foul Play. Persian-A is the closest I have found to a Goodra counter thus far.
252+ Atk Choice Band Goodra Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Fur Coat Persian-Alola: 156-184 (35.9 - 42.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252+ Atk Persian-Alola Foul Play vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Goodra: 175-207 (57.9 - 68.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
The problem is that it has no recovery, and since it is outsped by Goodra, Persian-A can only get off one hit if it switches in on an Outrage, or you'll have to find a way to get it in unscathed. Of course, Band Goodra Outrage is an extreme example. Persian-A will certainly be a block to many other attackers.

That Ninjask Final Gambit set is interesting. It's so different from its special stalling set with HeavyDutyBoots and Toxic-Roost-U-turn-Defog/Protect. Adds an element of surprise to an otherwise passive mon.

Mandibuzz (F) @ Choice Band
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Brave Bird
- Bone Rush
- U-turn
- Knock Off
Stats: 80/95/55/105/65/110
I hadn't noticed that Mandibuzz could be an effective Band user. Fast Nasty Plot will probably be its best set, but the ability to surprise its usual counters is really neat.

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
As DrPumpkinz stated in regards to Melmetal, BoltBeam is as good as it gets if you only have two coverage moves. With Flash Cannon, BoltBeam, and the SteelBeam nuke, a Choice Specs set will be simply deadly. I may be convinced to unban Melmetal however, on account of two things: 1) Specs may be its only viable set, making it predictable, and 2) the large number of physically-frail glass cannons may make priority rampant in the meta, which Melmetal hates. Even so, Melmetal is resistant to Ice Shard, Bullet Punch, Quick Attack, and Sylveon's Quick Attack, and the Tyrogue evolutions are the only viable users of Mach Punch. A predictable pokemon can still be ban worthy if it is almost impossible to prepare for.
I've been thinking about this as well. When I said Mel had poor coverage and movepool for its stats, I was referring to it being predictable and exploitable. Choice sets especially. Toxic of course presents problems with defensive counterplay and TBH I think that's what might set it over the edge, because otherwise Rotom-Heat is a near-perfect counter.

252+ SpA Choice Specs Melmetal Steel Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Heat: 143-169 (45.6 - 53.9%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO
That's with ZERO investment towards defenses on a 86/105/63 Pokemon, and you had to lose about half your HP to even get there. Specially defensive sets sit on this thing for days. Hyper Beam chunks it but then you've committed to using Hyper Beam, and Toxic creates an obvious problem for Rotom.

A lot of Fire-types match-up against Melmetal pretty well actually. Arcanine and my experimental AV Centiskorch both seem like strong checks. Unfortunately, only Fire types seem to do well. I looked at other Steel resists and the only ones I liked were Zeraora, which has great stats and typing to take it on but is weak to Toxic, and Jirachi, which doesn't have to worry about Toxic but isn't nearly as bulky as Zeraora is. Offensive checks are even harder to come by. Snorlax can outspeed and destroys it with physical coverage, but it's the only thing legal that actually accomplishes this. Hitmontop has a very powerful Technician-boosted Mach Punch capable of getting a KO when invested. If Melmetal is not Scarf then there's plenty of other Scarfers which can beat its 405 Speed Tier, like Dracovish. Most cannot switch-in on it safely, and if it is Scarf then you're only option to outspeed it is Priority, Snorlax, and the borderline unviable Driblim.

Definitely a centralizing force, and depending on where the Metagames goes Melmetal could absolutely be too powerful.

That Ninjask Final Gambit set is interesting. It's so different from its special stalling set with HeavyDutyBoots and Toxic-Roost-U-turn-Defog/Protect. Adds an element of surprise to an otherwise passive mon.

I hadn't noticed that Mandibuzz could be an effective Band user. Fast Nasty Plot will probably be its best set, but the ability to surprise its usual counters is really neat.
Thanks for appreciating my meme sets. Funnily enough, Mandibuzz is fast Honchkrow while Honchkrow is fast Mandibuzz. Both have great movepools to fulfill the other's role as well. Too bad we only have the one. Specially-offensive was enticing but I really hate Flying-type Special Attackers since you almost always have to use the weak and inaccurate Air Slash or the very inaccurate Hurricane. I felt that the combination of a powerful Brave Birds, U-Turns, and Knock Offs were well worth forgoing Nasty Plot's potential.

Now, the pure Bug-typing might kill this in practice, but on paper, I need to point out Accelgor: 145 / 60 / 100 / 40 / 70 / 80. That's Giratina-O levels of physical bulk, and Giratina-O doesn't have reliable recovery, hazards or pivoting.

Accelgor @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD or 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Def
Impish / Careful Nature
- Knock Off / Toxic / Encore
- U-Turn
- Spikes / Toxic Spikes
- Recover

Holy shit, snailbro might actually be able to use that support movepool of his now. Maybe.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Coding shouldn't be terribly difficult since it's primarily switching Base Stats around. More of a matter of when somebody decides to do it rather than if someone can.

That being said, there are a few hurdles I think need to be figured out. There's a couple in-battle form changes that modify stats, which could present problems. The bigger issue, however, is Speed. Eiscue, Darmanitan, and Wishiwashi all have different forms with different Speed stats. Speed, however, is turned into HP. How exactly do we want this to work? Power Construct Zygarde has its HP change mid-battle as a result of the form change, so that mechanic should carry over. But, unlike Zygarde, these three Pokemon can revert back to their original form. Dynamax features both gaining and losing HP when the effect begins and ends respectively, but the Base Stat isn't changed: HP is simply changed through a percentage. Maybe this isn't a terribly complicated situation, but it's something to consider.

post-edit: make sure to read the OP to understand game mechanics. I think that's the right approach, it's easier to code and I don't see any of those three impacting play too much so no real issue worrying about it further.

Last edited:
I'd love to have it up and running soon but we're essentially waiting for a volunteer coder. If anyone offers their time and expertise to program the meta, that would be amazing, but otherwise, we might have to wait until Flipped becomes OMOTM or Leader's Choice.

I mentioned form changes in the OP--basically, the pokemon will always retain the original HP of the base form (so when Darmanitan-G enters Zen mode, its SpD will change from 140 to 160 but it will retain its HP of 95). This mirrors the stat-changing scenario of Mega Evolutions, which is essentially an item-induced form change, and more analogous to form changes in Flipped than PC Zygarde or Dynamax.

Last edited:
Double-posting to announce that I just created a Discord server for Flipped, so if any of you prefer to bounce ideas around before posting them in the forum, here's your place. https://discord.gg/YwV7j8w
P.S. I'm new to Discord so please let me know if I made a mistake with the link or the server.

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
I decided to make a preliminary list of important Speed Tiers following our early discussion of threats. Hopefully this adds a lot of insight towards how Flipped will play out, and what sorts of things could be troublesome from a balance perspective.
  • Base 70 (193, 262 Max, 393 @ +1, 524 @ +2)
    • Tons of Pokemon here. Torkoal, and Duraludon are the biggest names, and there's a couple honorable mentions like Inteleon.
      • Below this point, any Base Speed ending in 5 or 0 is something to consider because a lot of Pokemon fall within those categories. Base 70 was the first with a Pokemon that really stood out to me, that being Shell Smash Torkoal.
  • Base 75 (273 Max, 409 @ +1, 546 @ +2)
    • Steelix is the most prominent member, but this is also includes Kommo-o.
  • Base 80 (194, 284 Max, 426 @ +1, 568 @ +2)
    • Accelgor primarily, but Base 80 also contains some other potentially viable Pokemon like weather-abusers Ludicolo and Venusaur. Seeing as Accelgor will probably be a leading defensive/utility Pokemon, knowing it's min Speed could be useful for slower offensive Pokemon.
      • Beating a Base 80 @ +2 also means you outpace Shell Smash Blastoise, the fastest of them.
  • Base 85 (295 Max, 442 @ +1, 590 @ +2)
    • Togekiss, Mantine, Diggersby, and Noivern if it ends up being anything good.
  • Base 91 (309 Max, 463 @ +1, 618 @ +2)
    • Swords of Justice speed tier. Base 90 contains the four Galar Fossils, Goodra, Arcanine, and a few others within and just below, but simplying speed-creeping them by 1 point means you tie with Cobalion and Virizion, two powerful bulky Fighting types that look like metagame staples. May as well hit two birds with one stone.
  • Base 95 (317 Max, 475 @ +1, 634 @ +2)
    • Avalugg and Sylveon, along with Milotic, Umbreon, and all the Silvally forms.
  • Base 100 (328 Max, 492 @ +1 , 656 @ +2)
    • Another pretty crowded tier, like in the base game. Obviously you have the three Base 100 Mythicals. Tyranitar might be good in this Metagame, if not just for Sand Stream since Hippowdon is a lot worse now; the same can be said for Centiskorch being potentially viable.
  • Base 110 (350 Max, 525 @ +1, 700 @ +2)
    • Coalossal, Mandibuzz, and the fringe-viable Mamoswine. Coalossal also outspeeds everything in existence if it manages a Steam Engine boost.
  • Base 115 (361 Max, 541 @ +1, 722 @ +2)
    • Literally just Rhyperior at the moment.
  • Base 120 (372 Max)
    • This is a recent development after I noticed how promising Throh is. It's one of the stronger Physical Fighting-types left, and it's extremely fast. Guts makes up for the otherwise low 85 Attack Stat. There's a couple other things I'd like to mention about Throh later on, but for now, just know it's our fastest Fighting-type and a dangerous Guts user.
      • I didn't mention the +1 or +2 because Throh is likely going to run Flame Orb 100% of the time, and it can't reliably boost speed at all outside of Scarf or Endure + Salac Berry. Yes, it's an option, but an awful one.
  • Base 160 (460, 690 @ +1)
    • Snorlax, the fastest unboosted viable Pokemon in the tier. (I tried Wailord but even Choice Specs 150 BP Water Spout in Rain fails to KO 0 HP/0 SpD Mew 100% of the time. Not worth the trouble.) This one especially looks like the Speed tier you want to beat - if you even can.
      • There's a couple Pokemon between Throh and Snorlax, like Kyurem, Lapras, Drifblim, Vaporeon, and even Munchlax, but most of these seem to lean towards defensive play or I simply don't see as terribly viable.
As time goes on, this is likely to be outdated based on what the most prominent Pokemon end up being. DLC is also going to throw things for a loop. Still, there's a couple takeaways we can make from looking at speed tiers.
  1. Unsurprisingly, Snorlax is going to be a force to be reckoned with, but it's so much more than that. At 160, Max Speed Snorlax manages to beat out every Scarfer at Base 90 and below, meaning none of the Dracos/Arctos can outpace it at the current time. Base 91s can outpace non-Scarf Lax, however, and I already established 91 as an important Base Speed. Furthermore, Scarf Snorlax is the only relevant way to outspeed anything above Base 74 but below 108 @ +2, such as Blastoise and Steelix. Beyond that, you have to rely on other means of Speed Control.
  2. Scarf Steelix is only naturally outsped starting with Drifblim. +2 requires a Scarfer at Base 117 or more.
  3. The amount of fast, super frail Pokemon shown could indicate a heavy emphasis on Priority users.
  4. Of everything I mentioned, I think the most important speed stat is going to be 463. Cobalion, Verizion, Keldeo, and maybe Terrakion all look solid, and they reach 463 at +1. This speed-creeps non-scarf Snorlax and all scarfers at Base 90, the tier where the Dracos/Arctos lie. You actually need just 248 EVs in Speed and a boosting Nature to beat them, but I'm not sure what else you'd even do with that extra 4 EVs.
  5. At a glance, the most crowded tier is Base 70. Anything @ +2 here, like Torkoal, can be beaten by a Base 110 @ +1.

Was looking through mons with recovery to find some interesting new defensive mons. Accelgor, Kyurem, and Hydreigon were already mentioned, so here is the other stuff I found. They all also happen to know Defog, so that's nice.

124 / 70 / 95 / 60 / 55 / 60
Pros: Sticky Web, U-turn, Stun Spore, Aromatherapy

114 / 55 / 77 / 55 / 57 / 67
Pros: Probably the bulkiest Unaware user in this meta (don't feel like doing the Clef calcs but it has 60 HP), Thunder Wave, U-turn, Knock Off

100 / 85 / 109 / 78 / 84 / 78
Pros: Retains some offensive presence, Will-O-Wisp, Roar / Dragon Tail,

70 / 100 / 100 / 75 / 107 / 78
Pros: Can run Leftovers without getting screwed by Stealth Rock, retains some offensive presence, Haze, Knock Off, U-turn, Spirit Shackle

100 / 80 / 80 / 80 / 100 / 80
Pros: Can run Leftovers without getting screwed by Stealth Rock, retains some offensive presence, U-turn, Dragon Tail

Since the beginning it's been clear that a defining feature of this metagame is the large number of frail but powerful sweepers. There's been some discussion about priority as a counter to these pokemon, but I wanted to get some actual data to show what we're dealing with. I approached this by looking at the most powerful user of each priority attack, as directed to the following pokemon: :Avalugg::Steelix::Torkoal::Coalossal::Rhyperior::Hippowdon::Snorlax:
60/116/126/74/74/80
Assuming a bulky attacker spread with Adamant Nature & Leftovers, due to the the average speed and good defense.
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 126-148 (63.9 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 216-254 (107.4 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal in Sun: 74-90 (40.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 324-384 (161.1 - 191%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 432-508 (195.4 - 229.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 324-381 (146.6 - 172.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 182-216 (77.4 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 94-112 (46.7 - 55.7%) -- 77.3% chance to 2HKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 3/7
80/115/120/95/50/85
Assuming a Timid nature with Heavy Duty Boots. Keep the accuracy issue in mind.
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 226-267 (114.7 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 96-113 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 137-162 (75.6 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coalossal: 72-85 (35.8 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 96-113 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 164-193 (69.7 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 170-200 (84.5 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 1/7
70/110/35/95/95/50
Assuming an Adamant bulky attacker with Leftovers/Assault Vest, since a 50 base speed isn't worth investing in.
Note that Hitmontop also gets Fake Out to break Sturdy/Sash and provide extra damage.

252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 362-428 (183.7 - 217.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 308-366 (153.2 - 182%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 109-130 (60.2 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 230-272 (114.4 - 135.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 308-366 (139.3 - 165.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 231-274 (104.5 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 130-154 (55.3 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 246-290 (122.3 - 144.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 5/7
65/130/60/110/65/95
Assuming Timid. Very frail, so I probably should have calc'd it with a Life Orb.
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 216-255 (109.6 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 184-217 (91.5 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 130-154 (71.8 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 138-163 (68.6 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 184-217 (83.2 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 157-186 (66.8 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 162-192 (80.5 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 1/7, possible 2/7

EDIT: Assuming Life Orb
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 281-331 (142.6 - 168%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 239-282 (118.9 - 140.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 169-200 (93.3 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coalossal: 179-212 (89 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 239-282 (108.1 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 204-242 (86.8 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 211-250 (104.9 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 4/7, possible 7/7
60/130/110/65/65/95
Assuming Timid with Leftovers/Light Clay
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 148-175 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 63-75 (31.3 - 37.3%) -- 84.9% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 45-53 (24.8 - 29.2%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 47-56 (23.3 - 27.8%) -- 81.9% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 127-150 (57.4 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 108-127 (45.9 - 54%) -- 49.2% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 111-132 (55.2 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 0/7

Assuming Timid with Choice Band
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 222-262 (112.6 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 94-111 (46.7 - 55.2%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Torkoal: 67-80 (37 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 71-84 (35.3 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 189-223 (85.5 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 160-190 (68 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 166-196 (82.5 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ice Shard: Ninetales-Alola and Mr. Rime both have attack stats of 100. Ninetales-A has an awful physical movepool (Ice Shard is its best physical STAB attack), making it a poor candidate for maxing out attack EVs (though it has good HP to make it a defensive Aurora Veil setter). Mr. Rime has some potential as an offensive Rapid Spinner, but I didn't think its stats were quite good enough to warrant running the calcs (at least at this time).
Shadow Sneak: There is a strong abuser in Dusknoir, with 135 base Atk and STAB, but with 45/65/100 defenses and 45 speed, I don't know if it's viable outside of priority abuse and maybe Trick Room. Gardevoir and Gallade both have 115 Atk, but with no STAB this SS is weaker than all the above options that I calculated.
Bullet Punch: The strongest user is Hitmontop, who already has the superior Mach Punch. Machamp could see some BP use though.
First Impression: Golisopod is worse than usual, and with the next strongest users (Sirfetch'd and Flygon) sitting at 82 and 80 Atk with no STAB, I didn't think doing the calcs was worth it.
Vaccuum Wave: Even if there was a good user, it's inferior to Mach Punch since all the glass cannons are weaker on the physical side.

There are several takeaways from this
  • Frail as these glass cannons are, most of them can only be OHKO'd by specific unboosted priority moves, though they all take sizable damage
    • Hippowdon and Torkoal can't be OHKO'd by any unboosted priority (though the latter will most likely take significant damage setting up Shell Smash, unless it sets up on something like Accelgor)
    • Opponents who are serious about destroying glass cannons with priority should boost their damage output with a Life Orb or Choice Band (see Umbreon)
  • Primarina, Umbreon, and especially Hitmontop will each probably have a niche in the meta
  • Maintaining good health, and in many cases, Sturdy/Focus Sash, is paramount for the glass cannon before attempting a sweep
  • As such, winning with a glass cannon may hinge on keeping their side of the field clear of hazards
    • Several glass cannons may choose to reduce this pressure by running Heavy-Duty Boots, though this is at the expense of a Choice item, Life Orb, or Focus Sash, something that some of them cannot afford
  • For this reason, I wouldn't be surprised to see Magic Bounce Espeon becoming a common pairing with glass cannons
    • If this becomes frequent enough, the otherwise unviable Mold Breaker Excadrill may even see some play to guarantee Stealth Rocks

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Since the beginning it's been clear that a defining feature of this metagame is the large number of frail but powerful sweepers. There's been some discussion about priority as a counter to these pokemon, but I wanted to get some actual data to show what we're dealing with. I approached this by looking at the most powerful user of each priority attack, as directed to the following pokemon: :Avalugg::Steelix::Torkoal::Coalossal::Rhyperior::Hippowdon::Snorlax:
60/116/126/74/74/80
Assuming a bulky attacker spread with Adamant Nature & Leftovers, due to the the average speed and good defense.
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 126-148 (63.9 - 75.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 216-254 (107.4 - 126.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal in Sun: 74-90 (40.8 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 324-384 (161.1 - 191%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 432-508 (195.4 - 229.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 324-381 (146.6 - 172.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 182-216 (77.4 - 91.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Primarina Aqua Jet vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 94-112 (46.7 - 55.7%) -- 77.3% chance to 2HKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 3/7
80/115/120/95/50/85
Assuming a Timid nature with Heavy Duty Boots. Keep the accuracy issue in mind.
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 226-267 (114.7 - 135.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 96-113 (47.7 - 56.2%) -- 85.9% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 137-162 (75.6 - 89.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coalossal: 72-85 (35.8 - 42.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 96-113 (43.4 - 51.1%) -- 6.6% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 164-193 (69.7 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Hustle Togekiss Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 170-200 (84.5 - 99.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 1/7
70/110/35/95/95/50
Assuming an Adamant bulky attacker with Leftovers/Assault Vest, since a 50 base speed isn't worth investing in.
Note that Hitmontop also gets Fake Out to break Sturdy/Sash and provide extra damage.

252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 362-428 (183.7 - 217.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 308-366 (153.2 - 182%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 109-130 (60.2 - 71.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 230-272 (114.4 - 135.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 308-366 (139.3 - 165.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Solid Rock Rhyperior: 231-274 (104.5 - 123.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 130-154 (55.3 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Technician Hitmontop Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 246-290 (122.3 - 144.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 5/7
65/130/60/110/65/95
Assuming Timid. Very frail, so I probably should have calc'd it with a Life Orb.
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 216-255 (109.6 - 129.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 184-217 (91.5 - 107.9%) -- 50% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 130-154 (71.8 - 85%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 138-163 (68.6 - 81%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 184-217 (83.2 - 98.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 157-186 (66.8 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 162-192 (80.5 - 95.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

EDIT: Assuming Life Orb
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 281-331 (142.6 - 168%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 239-282 (118.9 - 140.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 169-200 (93.3 - 110.4%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Coalossal: 179-212 (89 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 239-282 (108.1 - 127.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 204-242 (86.8 - 102.9%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Umbreon Sucker Punch vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 211-250 (104.9 - 124.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 4/7, possible 7/7
60/130/110/65/65/95
Assuming Timid with Leftovers/Light Clay
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 148-175 (75.1 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 63-75 (31.3 - 37.3%) -- 84.9% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Torkoal: 45-53 (24.8 - 29.2%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 47-56 (23.3 - 27.8%) -- 81.9% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 127-150 (57.4 - 67.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 108-127 (45.9 - 54%) -- 49.2% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 111-132 (55.2 - 65.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
One-Shot Kill Rate: 0/7

Assuming Timid with Choice Band
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Avalugg: 222-262 (112.6 - 132.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Steelix: 94-111 (46.7 - 55.2%) -- 75% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Torkoal: 67-80 (37 - 44.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Coalossal: 71-84 (35.3 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rhyperior: 189-223 (85.5 - 100.9%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 160-190 (68 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Choice Band Pixilate Sylveon Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Snorlax: 166-196 (82.5 - 97.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Ice Shard: Ninetales-Alola and Mr. Rime both have attack stats of 100. Ninetales-A has an awful physical movepool (Ice Shard is its best physical STAB attack), making it a poor candidate for maxing out attack EVs (though it has good HP to make it a defensive Aurora Veil setter). Mr. Rime has some potential as an offensive Rapid Spinner, but I didn't think its stats were quite good enough to warrant running the calcs (at least at this time).
Shadow Sneak: There is a strong abuser in Dusknoir, with 135 base Atk and STAB, but with 45/65/100 defenses and 45 speed, I don't know if it's viable outside of priority abuse and maybe Trick Room. Gardevoir and Gallade both have 115 Atk, but with no STAB this SS is weaker than all the above options that I calculated.
Bullet Punch: The strongest user is Hitmontop, who already has the superior Mach Punch. Machamp could see some BP use though.
First Impression: Golisopod is worse than usual, and with the next strongest users (Sirfetch'd and Flygon) sitting at 82 and 80 Atk with no STAB, I didn't think doing the calcs was worth it.
Vaccuum Wave: Even if there was a good user, it's inferior to Mach Punch since all the glass cannons are weaker on the physical side.

There are several takeaways from this
  • Frail as these glass cannons are, most of them can only be OHKO'd by specific unboosted priority moves, though they all take sizable damage
    • Hippowdon and Torkoal can't be OHKO'd by any unboosted priority (though the latter will most likely take significant damage setting up Shell Smash, unless it sets up on something like Accelgor)
    • Opponents who are serious about destroying glass cannons with priority should boost their damage output with a Life Orb or Choice Band (see Umbreon)
  • Primarina, Umbreon, and especially Hitmontop will each probably have a niche in the meta
  • Maintaining good health, and in many cases, Sturdy/Focus Sash, is paramount for the glass cannon before attempting a sweep
  • As such, winning with a glass cannon may hinge on keeping their side of the field clear of hazards
    • Several glass cannons may choose to reduce this pressure by running Heavy-Duty Boots, though this is at the expense of a Choice item, Life Orb, or Focus Sash, something that some of them cannot afford
  • For this reason, I wouldn't be surprised to see Magic Bounce Espeon becoming a common pairing with glass cannons
    • If this becomes frequent enough, the otherwise unviable Mold Breaker Excadrill may even see some play to guarantee Stealth Rocks
Yeah Dusknoir has some pretty nice priority, but it is now the time I unfortunately have to bring up Mimikyu

96 / 105 / 50 / 80 / 90 / 55
Better Attack stat than before and greatly improved Special Defense, but beyond that, you're slow and physically frail. Disguise is a busted ability however, so we can use to that to safely get up a Swords Dance.

Hippowdon was the bulkiest of the 8 you mentioned (not counting resistances/weaknesses)
+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Mimikyu Shadow Sneak vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Hippowdon: 220-259 (93.6 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

Keep Hazards up and this is pretty dang strong. That being said, it does nothing to Lax, so I don't see it being nearly as good as the other priority users you mentioned. Thankfully it's also a fantastic Trick Room setter and abuser due to low Speed + Disguise, so Mimikyu looks to be one of our best anti-Offense measures available.

If I had to single any priority user out as the strongest, I'd say Hitmontop. Technician with Fake Out -> Mach Punch/Bullet Punch is incredibly strong for dealing with Sturdy, Sash, and generally ensuring a KO on more Pokemon. It also packs Rapid Spin for extra utility in situations where priority isn't as helpful and can run Sucker Punch/Brutal Swing (90-BP with Tech) for Ghost-types.

Priority control is likely going to be important for these teams and Indeedee's Psychic Surge is an answer to everything mentioned bar Togekiss. Pairing it with a HO team designed to abuse these sweepers we've discussed seems very powerful.

Hello everyone. This is to announce that I am seeking a metagame co-leader, or if there is enough interest, a council, to lead the Flipped metagame. Please PM me if you are interested. (btw, we came in third for votes this month--hopefully we can get Leader's Choice if we can expand the leadership).

I am pleased to announce that SBPC will be joining me as co-leader of Flipped. Thanks and welcome, SBPC.

We are happy for others to join us to form a leadership council. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks to the OM Leadership team for selecting Flipped as LC. The meta will become playable shortly, and I am excited to see how it develops. Prepare some teams and get ready to start testing stuff out!

Ransei

Garde Mystik
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi, there's been a few specific questions I've seen plenty of users ask since yesterday and I recommend having them added to the OP in some fashion.

Q: Do these flipped stats affect how EVs are placed?
A: No. EVs should be applied to each stat as normal. A max speed Snorlax would still have max EVs in its speed stat.

Q: How do items work in this format?
A: Because only the base stats of each Pokemon are flipped, items remain unaffected and function as normal.

a good idea for this would be a PS command to show flipped stats
Just use !dt [pokemon] while in a Flipped battle and it’ll show the updated stats.

Here are two sets to chew on:

Kyurem @ Heavy-Duty Boots/Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Freeze-Dry
- Body Press
- Roost
- Toxic

Necrozma @ Leftovers
Ability: Prism Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonlight/Morning Sun
- Psyshock/Photon Geyser
- Thunder Wave/Toxic

Kyurem is ridiculously bulky at 90/130/130 defenses, and has an amazing base Speed of 125, with a powerful Body Press and Freeze-Dry for coverage. Amazing blanket check to physical attackers.

Necrozma also extremely bulky at 79/127/107, so bulky that Sturdy Steelix can’t 2HKO it. things can’t touch it, so it can often set up SR for free. Psyshock hits stuff like Rhyperior and Snorlax really hard, dealing significant damage to both, even without investment.

Last edited:
Ok, so hear me out on this one

B A N D E D S H U C K L E

Shuckle @ Choice Band
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Gyro Ball
- Knock Off

I genuinely think that this mon could be an actual threat. 280 base atk. 280 base atk! It's basically power trick shuckle with the ability to run a band. The extremely low 20 base hp (lowest of any fully evolved mon after shedinja) gives it the lowest speed stat going, so shuckle will be incredible under trick room. It's access to sturdy gives it a way to not be ohkoed by any priority, which it would otherwise be due to its incredibly shit defences(lol). special sets are also an option due to 280 spa, but i think its physical movepool is slightly nicer. Anyway, be warned, don't fuckle with shuckle.

SBPC

stranded on an island
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
The council would like to welcome shnowshner to flipped council! We are happy to have his assistance in further tiering decisions.

In other news..
The Flipped Council has decided to ban Psychic Surge and Psychic Terrain from the metagame.

Psychic Terrain allows multiple insanely fast threats such as Snorlax, Rhyperior, and Shell Smash Cloyster to be immune to priority, which is a key element in stopping them from flattening the metagame with their already great sweeping potenial. The council believes that removing one of the best elements to checking these monsters via terrain is unhealthy, and pushes most offensive pokemon over the edge.

Tagging The Immortal to implement this

Last edited:

shnowshner

You've Gotta Try
is a Pre-Contributor
Really glad to be a part of the team.

On that note, we've been discussing a couple Pokemon we feel are currently or could become problematic for the Flipped metagame. Rather than immediately force discussion on a few Pokemon within the first day of activity, I (and the rest of the council) would much appreciate your thoughts on what's potentially unhealthy. It would seriously help the three of us get a better feel for how things have developed and what the community wants.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)