Flygon (QC 1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Put the Choice Scarf set first and put Defog over Fire Blast on it.
Fixed, thanks. :)

Small nitpick - I think you should probably change the calcs in the usage tips of the defensive defog set, as the evs on the set dont match what is in the calcs shown.
Oh, those are from the old EVs, I'll fix those later because the calculator's blocked at school. :( Thanks for pointing that out though! :3

watashi

is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
World Defender
you didn't even fix what limitless told you to even though you said you did ?_?

mixgon should be using 60 atk / 252 satk / 196 spe with draco meteor / earthquake / fire blast / roost | u-turn to outspeed +spe base 80's and actually hurt things with draco meteor which is the main point of that set

you don't need calcs for every set so remove them from the defensive defog and scarf sets. they're not that bulky or powerful so there's no point showcasing calcs. also for the record you have different calcs for the defensive set than the listed spread

jolly over adamant on the scarf set. i would remove hasty as well since if you're using fire blast the only realistic reason would be for forry since bronzong is uncommon and probably isn't even 2hkoed

slowbro, swampert, and suicune should be mentioned as checks since they're bulky enough to take multiple hits but generally don't enjoy draco meteor or cb outrage

Last edited:
you didn't even fix what limitless told you to even though you said you did ?_?

mixgon should be using 60 atk / 252 satk / 196 spe with draco meteor / earthquake / fire blast / roost | u-turn to outspeed +spe base 80's and actually hurt things with draco meteor which is the main point of that set

you don't need calcs for every set so remove them from the defensive defog and scarf sets. they're not that bulky or powerful so there's no point showcasing calcs. also for the record you have different calcs for the defensive set than the listed spread

jolly over adamant on the scarf set. i would remove hasty as well since if you're using fire blast the only realistic reason would be for forry since bronzong is uncommon and probably isn't even 2hkoed

slowbro, swampert, and suicune should be mentioned as checks since they're bulky enough to take multiple hits but generally don't enjoy draco meteor or cb outrage
My bad, sorry. Just drove up to Canada for the summer, been pretty busy. I'll fix those straight away

^Wow, must've had a bad day that day. :/

Anyway, this thread is way old. I need QC in here to breathe life into it, please come.

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
Other Options and Checks & Counters should be at the very bottom of the analysis. Also, most of your calcs show Pokemon that wouldn't stay in on Flygon. It would probably be better to show calcs of Pokemon that would switch into Flygon, probably bulky Pokemon like Slowbro and Florges. I get that Earthquake OHKOs Toxicroak.

Other Options and Checks & Counters should be at the very bottom of the analysis. Also, most of your calcs show Pokemon that wouldn't stay in on Flygon. It would probably be better to show calcs of Pokemon that would switch into Flygon, probably bulky Pokemon like Slowbro and Florges. I get that Earthquake OHKOs Toxicroak.
Couldn't agree more, I'll change it ASAP. Thanks for coming dude! :)

Ok I want to say a few things about this analysis, even though I'm not QC.

Overview:

- Remove the point about it being a good lead, because it's not really. The closest thing to a good lead would be Scarf Flygon, but again dedicated leads don't really exist, and even if they did, this isn't one.
- Only the defensive set counters Victini, and even then Glaciate exists (uncommon, but it's not the worst option on Mixtini) and CB can still do massive damage to Flygon

This post by Meru explains how Defog is Flygons biggest niche in UU, so I think it should be the first set.

Defog:

- Toxic should be mentioned on this set in moves, but I don't think it has the space for it on the set itself.

Band:

- You need to mention what Jolly let it outspeed and what Band lets it do. Give specific examples of what it can now outspeed and KO.
- IIRC calcs shouldn't really be in the analysis, and these calcs are pretty irrelevant.
- Usage tips needs to be expanded. Talk about removing immunities to it's STABs, or when to lock yourself into Outrage, or how you should go for U-turn early game.

Scarf:

- This is a minor GP thing, but put spaces between the slashes
- Put Hasty first, because the way you have it you act like Jolly should be run with Fire Blast and Hasty with Defog, which is wrong of course. Speaking of which, with the new drops I think Naive is better than Hasty.
- Again on that note, don't hype Fire Blast, it's weak and bad to be locked into coming off an uninvested 80 SpAtk.
- Make a set details mention of moving 4 SpAtk EVs to Defense when using Defog as well.
- I don't think you understand Usage Tips. We know it's an ok but outclassed revenge killer. Usage Tips is about when to switch in or what move to go for when, not "you don't lose much by running a Scarf"
- Just in general, expand Team Options.

Other Options:

- Put the mixed set here. (see below)
- Iron Tail is pretty bad, and it doesn't "counter Fairy types" any more than it helps out Hydreigon

Check and Counters:

- A lot of things can be added, you even completely neglected revenge killers.

I would remove the mixed set entirely as it is now outclassed by a lot more Pokemon, especially the drops.

Also, you forgot to move Other Options and Checks and Counters to the bottom where it should be.

I know this seems like a lot, but I hope I helped.

I have updated the thread with every change that has been requested. :)

Now, it'd be nice if QC members would come and examine the revamped analysis. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)