Flygon (QC 1/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
252 Atk Life Orb Flygon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Bronzong: 159-187 (47 - 55.3%) -- 13.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Life Orb Flygon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Bronzong: 114-135 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- 22.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

4 SpA Life Orb Flygon Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Bronzong: 151-179 (44.6 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 Atk Life Orb Flygon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Bronzong: 117-138 (3

Barely helpful against PhyDef Bronzong, you will just never 2HKO it

Ok, discussion over. No Fire Blast. Sorry, not worth it imo.

EDIT: OMG NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! My 100th post! But it's awesome too! Yay! :D

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me being super-biased and all, but I really don't see the need for all of those Defense EVs on a Defog set. I mean, Flygon has such a good typing to actually take on Nidoking head-on, so why not give Flygon the ability to outspeed it and OHKO it with EQ while still being able to check Victini and all Scarf variants of Darmanitan? Here's the set I had in mind...

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 104 Def / 136 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Speed EVs outpace Timid Nidoking. 16 Attack to OHKO Nidoking 75% of the time after Rocks. Max HP and the rest in Defense to check Victini and Scarf Darmanitan nicely. Remember, Victini loses Speed and Defense after V-create, so you only need to take one, not two, to beat it down with EQ.

Offensive:
16 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 272-324 (89.4 - 106.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
16 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 330-390 (96.7 - 114.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
16 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 356-420 (101.4 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Flygon: 118-140 (32.4 - 38.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Flygon: 199-235 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Flygon: 143-168 (39.2 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Flygon: 130-153 (35.7 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Flygon: 195-230 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I feel like you should mention how great it is as a momentum grabber. SR resist, Immune to spikes, t-spikes & sticky web allow it to switch in and not worry about ANY hazards, access to U-turn and powerful stabs with amazing coverage allows it to threaten many Pokemon and pivot out

Maybe it's just me being super-biased and all, but I really don't see the need for all of those Defense EVs on a Defog set. I mean, Flygon has such a good typing to actually take on Nidoking head-on, so why not give Flygon the ability to outspeed it and OHKO it with EQ while still being able to check Victini and all Scarf variants of Darmanitan? Here's the set I had in mind...

Flygon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 104 Def / 136 Spe
Nature: Jolly
- Defog
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Speed EVs outpace Timid Nidoking. 16 Attack to OHKO Nidoking 75% of the time after Rocks. Max HP and the rest in Defense to check Victini and Scarf Darmanitan nicely. Remember, Victini loses Speed and Defense after V-create, so you only need to take one, not two, to beat it down with EQ.

Offensive:
16 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Nidoking: 272-324 (89.4 - 106.5%) -- 75% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
16 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. -1 0 HP / 0 Def Victini: 330-390 (96.7 - 114.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
16 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 356-420 (101.4 - 119.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Defensive:
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Flygon: 118-140 (32.4 - 38.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Sheer Force Nidoking Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Flygon: 199-235 (54.6 - 64.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Flygon: 143-168 (39.2 - 46.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Flygon: 130-153 (35.7 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Flygon: 195-230 (53.5 - 63.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

I think that's a great idea, and I'll implement it ASAP. Currently in school so I can't now. ;-;

I feel like you should mention how great it is as a momentum grabber. SR resist, Immune to spikes, t-spikes & sticky web allow it to switch in and not worry about ANY hazards, access to U-turn and powerful stabs with amazing coverage allows it to threaten many Pokemon and pivot out

I believe I've touched on everything here except for T-Wave, but I could go into more detail. :)

shouldn't even mention stone edge outside OO tbh. dragon claw is infinitely more useful. even fire punch is more useful.

scarf should be: outrage / earthquake / u-turn / defog | fire blast
band: outrage / earthquake / u-turn / dragon claw | fire punch with defog in set details.

in that order. i feel very strongly about this, btw, i won't approve this unless the sets look exactly like this.

I don't work at your pace sorry.

I'll give this a more thorough check tomorrow morning i can't do it today.

• Speed EVs to outspeed Timid Nidoking, who usually OHKOs with Ice Beam otherwise, and Atk EVs allow an OHKO back with EQ 75% of the time after rocks.
You haven't listed any atk ev's on that particular set, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to say there.

• Speed EVs to outspeed Timid Nidoking, who usually OHKOs with Ice Beam otherwise, and Atk EVs allow an OHKO back with EQ 75% of the time after rocks.
You haven't listed any atk ev's on that particular set, so I'm not really sure what you're trying to say there.

Thanks for catching that, fixed

Elaborate more on team options and usage tips, once you have done that call me back and i can hopefully give you a QC approval.

Last edited:
  • 4x Weakness to the common Ice type
  • Weak to Ice Shard

You can combine those 2 points and say something about it's base stats not being amazing.

Also set details of the defensive set still mentions 104 Defense

DH5hUKHAevd6EzqqGPQM_Vv5AAzDBsWswHt6q8MY4XYfLVtCtaomcCf5sxNlagmt0qGFN13KHQOZTlT5-BSsXDOZFbtJ2x8A3XwksZ2_alL0Sw2RvOcGqvHPonsVWVcSRA
Flygon
Vq-DEkW7yw3xm-u9hUMyDrk0CesuPWqJPe2I_qe4u_rmFayC5ZUZCjOCSE74Ax3POmTlkFeovOLSLewhqsNPtFHLdTdC2QyYYpijS0DPWtijaSf_3gCy9Ldky8M3hwApzw

Overview
########

Pros:
  • Access to the infamous EdgeQuake combo and U-Turn
  • Good lead/revenge killer
  • Access to Defog
  • Levitate gives it immunity to most hazards and to the ever present Ground type
  • A somewhat decent Victini counter
  • Combining a typing that resists Stealth Rock and an ability that applies an immunity to all types of spikes and Sticky Web, as well as Defog's buff made it the perfect Anti Hazard Pokemon
Cons:
  • 4x Weakness to the common Ice type, especially to Ice Shard
  • CB/CS sets somewhat predictable
  • Weak to Ice Shard

Choice Band
########
name: Choice Band
move 1: Outrage/Dragon Claw
move 2: U-Turn
move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Fire Punch/Dragon Claw
ability: Levitate
item: Choice Band
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

Moves
========

• Outrage allows Flygon to fire off powerful STAB attacks at its opponents, inflicting more damage than Dragon Claw.
  • Earthquake is a powerful, highly accurate STAB attack that can be used to hit the bulky Steel types of the tier, such as M-Aggron.
  • Fire Punch hits Ice types that hurt Flygon otherwise, and is more dependable than Stone Edge.
  • U-Turn gains/maintains momentum, can be used to scout for specific moves or sets on opposing pokemon, and allows easy switches into pokes better suited for the situation.
  • Dragon Claw gives a spammable Dragon STAB attack that you can switch out of, unlike Outrage.

Set Details
========

• 252 Atk for max power.
  • 252 Speed to maximize Flygon's speed.
  • Jolly for more speed.
  • Band for extra power.
  • Defog can also be used instead of Fire Punch, for an emergency field clearance.
Some calcs for good measure:
252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Filter Mega Aggron: 162-190 (47 - 55.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-1 252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Arcanine: 360-426 (93.7 - 110.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Choice Band Flygon Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Metagross: 356-422 (97.8 - 115.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Usage Tips
========

• A fast, powerful Band user
  • Late-game sweeper, and a decent revenge killer

Team Options
========

• Steel types, to cover Fairy and Ice weaknesses
  • Pokemon with Volt Switch (M-Ampharos, Rotom-H, etc.), to create a VoltTurn-esque core.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Outrage
move 2: Earthquake
move 3: U-Turn
move 4: Fire Blast/Defog
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant/Hasty

Moves
========

• Outrage allows Flygon to fire off powerful STAB attacks at its opponents, inflicting more damage than Dragon Claw.
  • Earthquake is a powerful, highly accurate STAB attack that can be used to hit the bulky Steel types of the tier, such as M-Aggron.
  • Fire Blast helps deal with physically defensive or levitating Steel types.
  • U-Turn gains/maintains momentum, can be used to scout for specific moves or sets on opposing pokemon, and allows easy switches into pokes better suited for the situation.
  • Defog is a good move to use in a pinch, a quick way to clear the field before biting the bullet.
Set Details
========

• Meant to scout out the opponent’s moves, while revenge killing wounded pokes.
  • Max speed and attack EV’s for the most speed and attack, respectively, and 4 SpD for it's special weaknesses.
  • Adamant nature for more power lost by not running Band, or Hasty to outspeed Scarfed Hydreigon.
More calcs:
252 Atk Flygon Dragon Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Noivern: 264-312 (84.8 - 100.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Flygon Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Hydreigon: 356-422 (109.5 - 129.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cloyster: 82-97 (33.8 - 40%) -- 32.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Flygon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Darmanitan: 440-522 (125.3 - 148.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
*Remember, it's supposed to outspeed and revenge kill. ;)*
Usage Tips
========

• One of the best scarfers in the tier, powerful and diverse.
  • Functions as a revenge killer and a scarfer in general.

Team Options
========

• Steel types, to help cover the Ice and Fairy weaknesses.
  • Pokemon with Volt Switch (M-Ampharos, Rotom-H, etc.), to create a VoltTurn-esque core.
Defensive Defog (Thanks to Kushalos for the set)
########
name: Defog
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Toxic/Dragon Claw
move 3: Defog
move 4: Roost
item: Leftovers
evs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 Spe
nature: Impish

Moves
========

• Earthquake is Flygon's main STAB, powerful and accurate, and can hit Poison and Steel types that aren't affected by Toxic.
  • Toxic can be used to wear down the opponent, while Dragon Claw can be used to have an alternate STAB, and to hit Flying types, and U-Turn can provide a quick escape while dealing some damage.
  • Defog gets rid of hazards, screens, the usual.
  • Roost gives Flygon instant recovery, which helps with the battering that Flygon is bound to endure.

Set Details
========
  • Max HP and 104 Def let Flygon effectively check Victini and ScarfDarm effectively.
  • Speed EVs to outspeed Timid Nidoking, who usually OHKOs with Ice Beam otherwise, and can OHKO back with EQ 75% of the time after rocks.
  • Jolly nature outspeeds Timid Nidoking with some Speed EVs.
Usage Tips
========

• Use for hazard removal and stalling.
  • Physically defensive, great counter to Fire types, especially Victini and Scarf Darmanitan.
    252 Atk Victini V-create vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Flygon: 103-122 (28.3 - 33.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO
    252 Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Darmanitan Flare Blitz vs. 248 HP / 236+ Def Flygon: 148-174 (40.7 - 47.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Team Options
========
  • Specially defensive pokemon like Florges are good defensive partners to Flygon.
  • Pokemon with Rock moves can hit Flying types that Defog Flygon with Toxic can't.
Other Options
########
  • Dragon Claw > Outrage, for a spammable Dragon move that you can switch out from, unlike Outrage.
  • Hone Claws may be used on a LO set with Outrage/Dragon Claw, Earthquake, and Stone Edge, but I haven't tried this yet.
  • You can also run a mixed offensive set, with Draco Meteor, Earthquake, Fire Blast and Stone Edge with a LO. I'm not crazy, I swear! don't listen to my therapist! (Only remove this if you are adding my set.)
  • On the mixed offensive set, Giga Drain is a decent offensive recovery and hits Krookidile, Vaporeon and Swampert, but it doesn't do much else.
  • Stone Edge is a decent move, but outclassed by Flygon's fire moves in general.
  • Despite the low accuracy, Iron Tail can be used to hit Fairy types.
If any of the above sets are proven to be effective, I will add them in detail to this post. :)

Checks & Counters
########

• Everything Ice-related (Shard, Beam, etc.) will fuck you UP.
  • Physically defensive Florges and Bronzong.
  • Prankster users can shut down Flygon's support set, and even then, cause Flygon trouble.
Any other set that you feel I have missed will be greatly appreciated, thanks! :D
Remove in strikethrough, add in bold.
Also, here is my set:
Name: Mixgon
Move 1: Earthquake
Move 2: Draco Meteor/Fire Blast
Move 3: U-Turn/Fire Punch
Move 4: Fire Punch/Dragon Claw
Item: Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Speed/4 Spec. Attack
Nature: Naive/Hasty

Moves
========
  • Earthquake is an excellent STAB
  • Draco Meteor allows Flygon to break through physical walls like Slowbro
  • Fire Blast can hit Metagross for good special coverage, and break through physically defensive ice types, as well as physically defensive Trevenant
  • U-Turn allows Flygon to switch while dealing damage
  • Fire Punch takes care of specially defensive ice types, and is excellent if you lack Fire Blast, as well as hit specially defensive Trevenant
  • Dragon Claw is a spammable STAB if you lack Draco Meteor.
Set Details
========
  • Meant to break through most walls
  • A pretty unpredictable set
  • Hasty or Naive for extra speed
  • Draco Meteor is a good STAB, and while Flygon has only 80 base Special attack, it can take advantage of it and break through Pokemon with high physical defense but lowers user's special attack, which Flygon is fine with
Damage Calcs:
252 Atk Life Orb Flygon Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Trevenant: 224-265 (59.8 - 70.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
4 SpA Life Orb Flygon Draco Meteor vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kingdra: 320-377 (109.5 - 129.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Flygon Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Toxicroak: 507-595 (164.6 - 193.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Usage Tips
========
  • A good, unpredictable set
  • Life orb to boost both of the attack's power
Team Options
========
  • Rotom-Heat or M-Ampharos for the Volturn if Flygon has U-Turn
  • Specially Defensive Florges to take special hits
  • Physically Defensive Donphan or Forretress

Read back through these suggestions and actually implement all the ones suggested by QC members such as the defensive set EVs. And listen to me since I don't have the ability to revoke this analysis from you so if you want to keep it i advise you listen to what koko/Ernesto suggested.

Read back through these suggestions and actually implement all the ones suggested by QC members such as the defensive set EVs. And listen to me since I don't have the ability to revoke this analysis from you so if you want to keep it i advise you listen to what koko/Ernesto suggested.

Oh I'm very sorry, I completely forgot! I'll go fix it straight away!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back