Metagame Fortemons

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
I hope you all have been enjoying the Fortemon's reboot. Your council has been keeping an eye on the meta, and with that in mind we've recently held a vote... Here are the results:

:SV/Houndstone: :SV/Dudunsparce:
Houndstone is banned from Fortemons, and Flinch moves are restricted from the Item slot!
ponchlakekaensoulkennukemchrome8duckyTotal
HoundstoneBANBANBANBANBAN5-0
Flinch in ItemBANBANBANBANBAN5-0

Houndstone:
Houndstone's ban is self-explanatory. Last Respects in the Item slot means that all of your attacks can boost to absurd levels depending on how many Pokemon you've lost. This could allow you to sweep late game with a 290 BP Shadow Sneak, which could effectively allow you to reverse 6-0 most team comps. I feel like this question is going to come up a lot, so I'm going to answer it now. "Why did you ban Houndstone instead of Last Respects?" is what I imagine some of you are asking. The reason for that is Houndstone is the sole abuser of Last Respects at the moment. We'd rather ban the one Pokemon that actually makes use of it rather then the move altogether. Pokemon Home will bring Basculegion, who also learns Last Respect. In the event that Basculegion is problematic in a similar fashion, we will instead look towards tiering action for Last Respects. At which point, Houndstone could come off the banlist.

Flinch:
Flinch in the Item slot is effectively a stronger version of King's Rock, which is already banned in a lot of metas for its inherent annoyance and arguably uncompetitiveness. In Fortemons, you can stack Flinch in the Item slot and moveslot to further increase your odds of getting one. That combined with Serene Grace meant that some Pokemon could guarantee a Flinch upon hit. That is textbook uncompetitive, and therefore we've elected to restrict Pokemon from holding Flinch moves in Fortemons. Serene Grace is still on the council's radar for potential abuse beyond spamming for Flinches.

Also, we've unbanned flat HP and HP% moves from the move slot. They are still restricted in the Item slot, but we would like to see how they pan out in the moveslot. If we find them to be too powerful, we will simply re-ban it.

tagging Kris to implement

Last edited:
:ss/Blissey:
Blissey (F) @ Blizzard
Ability: Serene Grace
Tera Type: Normal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Ice Beam
- Soft-Boiled
- Stealth Rock
- Flamethrower

Hehehe Serene Grace freezy. Real question though, I'm aware Aerial Ace n such don't pass their accuracy- would Blizzard pass it's inability to miss in Snow (and on top of that, Heavy Slam and Minimize)? Or is that counted as the same thing?

ponchlake

Hello all, your Fortemons council recently held another vote... Here are the results:

:SV/Scizor: :SV/Chi Yu:
Fury Cutter and Flame Charge are restricted from the Item slot!
Fury CutterBANBANBANBANBAN5-0
Flame ChargeBANBANBANBANBAN5-0
TrailblazeAbstainBANAbstainAbstainAbstain1-0-4

Fury Cutter:
Fury Cutter allowed you to scale your attacks to insane BP too easily. When paired with priority, it became far too overwhelming too quickly. It also happened to be available to some of the best offensive Pokemon in Fortemons as well i.e. Scizor, Gallade, Iron Valiant (even Floatzel). It felt very unhealthy in the current meta, which is why we've decided to restrict Pokemon from holding it.

Flame Charge:
Flame Charge has wide distribution across Fire types, and similarly to Fury Cutter, it allowed Pokemon to boost a stat (speed in this instance) too easily. Pokemon like Iron Moth or Skeledirge could boost their Speed and Special Attack stats simultaneously with Fiery Dance or Torch Song respectively. Flame Charge's worst offender was Chi Yu, who could throw off powerful attacks without hopes of being outsped and revenge killed ouside of priority. Like Fury Cutter, it made offensive Pokemon who had access to it too difficult to deal with, and it has been restricted from being held.

Trailblaze:
Trailblaze remains unbanned for now. We have not seen enough of it to make any judgement on its powerlevel. We will still keep an eye on it, and if the meta develops to a point where Trailblaze is too powerful, we will hold another vote.

Also, we've unbanned multi-hit moves from the move-slot. They are still restricted in the Item slot, but we would like to see how they pan out in the moveslot. If we find them to be too powerful, we will look at them on a case by case basis. Or alternatively, we may look at what moves could be enabling them to be broken.

:sv/annihilape:
Annihilape @ Rage Fist
Ability: Inner Focus
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Beat Up
- Bulk Up
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

With multi-hit moves unbanned i present the most gimmicky thing you'll ever see, when you get rid of all of the special attackers it sits on passive mons and kills (don't use this unless you want a painful time trying to make it work)

FLAPPLE @ GRAV APPLE
Ability: Hustle
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
-Bullet Seed
-U-Turn
-Aerial Ace
-Outrage

So stall? what is that shit?

:ss/cloyster:
Cloyster @ icebeam
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
40% chance to freeze with Icicle Spear or Rock Blast. Have fun!

Seriously though, if this thing gets off a Shell Smash then all counterplay goes out the window. It outspeeds and if you don’t die immediately then there’s a 40% chance it just goes “RNG go brrrr hehe” and freezes you and then your counterplay is no longer counterplay.

:ss/maushold:
Maushold @ grassknot
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Normal/Dark
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Bullet Seed
- Beat Up
- Tidy Up

:ss/Weavile:
Weavile @ Low Kick/Reversal
Ability: Pressure
Tera Type: Dark
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Beat Up
- Swords Dance
- Ice Shard
- Fury Swipes?

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1779423941 (Maushold power)
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1779427871 (Weavile power)

252 Atk Tera Normal Maushold Population Bomb (10 hits) (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garganacl: 550-650 (136.1 - 160.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Last edited:
:ss/cloyster:
Cloyster @ icebeam
Ability: Skill Link
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Shell Smash
- Waterfall
40% chance to freeze with Icicle Spear or Rock Blast. Have fun!

Seriously though, if this thing gets off a Shell Smash then all counterplay goes out the window. It outspeeds and if you don’t die immediately then there’s a 40% chance it just goes “RNG go brrrr hehe” and freezes you and then your counterplay is no longer counterplay.
Honestly Cloyster has so many options here it's not even funny. Chilling Water turns you into an absurd physical wall, especially with Tera; Body Slam gives you an 84% chance to paralyze; I refuse to do the math on Razor Shell but it's probably real silly. I mean, 50% of the time Razor Shell gives you four hits against a -1 defense mon, and 25% of the time it gives you three hits against a -2.

Some more silly stuff to do with multi-hit moves:
:ss/breloom:
Breloom @ Venoshock
Tera Type: Fighting/Grass
Jolly Nature
- Toxic/Spore
- Bullet Seed
- Mach Punch
- Substitute/Bulk Up/Pounce/idk
With Venoshock, Mach Punch becomes an 80bp move against poisoned opponents, and Bullet Seed becomes 50bp. I'm not sure if Venoshock Mach Punch stacks with Technician, but if it does, it winds up at 120bp. Bullet Seed should stack either way though, and it becomes kind of a monster: at a minimum you're doing two 75bp hits, with the potential to go as high as 5 hits for a combined 375bp. With a little tspikes support this thing goes nuts.
:ss/heracross:
Heracross @ Struggle Bug
Ability: Guts
Tera Type: Steel/Dark/Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pin Missile
- Rock Blast
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
With Struggle Bug in its item slot, Heracross becomes the world's weirdest special tank, promising to completely shut down any special attacker that it outspeeds. Hatterene, Gholdengo, and Armarogue all cry in the face of this funny little bug. The EVs and set are surely not optimal, but I think the extra bulk is good if you're using Heracross for this purpose. Even if you only get a -2, Gholdengo's Make It Rain is still doing less than 50% to a max HP Hera. RestTalk is actually pretty reasonable here, since you have a 2 in 3 chance of picking a good move. Of course you have lots of coverage options to run instead of (or in addition to) RestTalk though. Trailblaze looks really good too: if your opponent switches to a special attacker while you blaze, they get -1 SpA and you hit 442 speed, making it very likely that you dump another 2-5 SpA drops on them before they can get a hit in. And speaking of Trailblaze...

Heracross @ Trailblaze
Ability: Moxie
Tera Type: Bug
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Pin Missile
- Coverage
- Coverage 2
You're obviously hitting diminishing returns with +5 speed, but this still looks to have huge snowball potential. Not much else to say about it.
:sv/meowscarada:
Meowscarada @ Chilling Water
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Play Rough
- U-turn
- Spikes/Sucker Punch
Meowscarada can pretty much just beat physical attackers that it outspeeds, which is to say, almost all physical attackers. U-Turn and Spikes give you two great options to capitalize on the switches you force, and Protean lets you potentially deal with super effective hits that would otherwise pressure you even after a few attack drops. Sucker Punch can also potentially deal with Dragapult, one of the few mons that actually outspeed you.

Every time I check this thread I get distracted lol this meta is too much fun to theorymon for

With multi-hit moves being allowed in moveslots, it gave me a fun idea and possible set for Maushold if it works the way I hope it does

Maushold-Four @ Crunch
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Tidy Up
- U-turn

The general idea of the set is that with Crunch as the item and Population Bomb, each hit now has a 20% chance to lower the opponent's defense. Now, how I think and am hoping it works is that these chances are done after each hit and if you get one it factors into the damage calc for the next hit. If so, you now have even more of a potent wallbreaker out of these mice

With multi-hit moves being allowed in moveslots, it gave me a fun idea and possible set for Maushold if it works the way I hope it does

Maushold-Four @ Crunch
Jolly Nature
- Population Bomb
- Bite
- Tidy Up
- U-turn

The general idea of the set is that with Crunch as the item and Population Bomb, each hit now has a 20% chance to lower the opponent's defense. Now, how I think and am hoping it works is that these chances are done after each hit and if you get one it factors into the damage calc for the next hit. If so, you now have even more of a potent wallbreaker out of these mice
Trying to wrap your head around Pop Bomb damage rolls is a fool's errand, so I just gave up and ran some simulations. Crunch gives it an average BP of around 240, whereas it normally has around 175 when you factor in the chance to miss. It's really high-variance though; 25% of the time you're getting something like 60-70bp or lower, and 33% of the time you're getting 120bp or lower. Still though, Bite gives you something like a 72% chance to flinch, and if you do land the flinch you're getting another chance to use the move, so the overall damage is going to be a lot higher than with Crunch. Overall though I think Pop Bomb looks kind of gimmicky and unreliable, like it is in pretty much every format :( At least you don't have to worry about Rocky Helmet here...

Trying to wrap your head around Pop Bomb damage rolls is a fool's errand, so I just gave up and ran some simulations. Crunch gives it an average BP of around 240, whereas it normally has around 175 when you factor in the chance to miss. It's really high-variance though; 25% of the time you're getting something like 60-70bp or lower, and 33% of the time you're getting 120bp or lower. Still though, Bite gives you something like a 72% chance to flinch, and if you do land the flinch you're getting another chance to use the move, so the overall damage is going to be a lot higher than with Crunch. Overall though I think Pop Bomb looks kind of gimmicky and unreliable, like it is in pretty much every format :( At least you don't have to worry about Rocky Helmet here...
yeah, Pop Bomb is inconsistent, Bite would definitely be better in the item slot if flinching moves were allowed in the item slot, Rocky helmet not being a major issue is definitely helpful since otherwise it hard shuts down Maushold. Maushold could also use Trailblaze in its item slot, but speed is one thing the mice don't lack

Edit: Thanks for doing the math on how it affects the base power on average

Last edited:

ponchlake

We have more votes for you all.. Here are the results:

:SV/Cloyster:
Cloyster is banned from Fortemons
CloysterBANBANBANBANBAN5-0
Hex in itemAbstainBANBANAbstainAbstain2-0-3

Cloyster:
We made the decision to unban multi-hit moves in the move slot, and thus we have Cloyster with Ice Beam or Razor Shell in the item slot to frustrate opponents and beat just about anything you put in front of it. Cloyster is one of the rare broken abusers of multi-hit at the moment, so we have elected to ban it rather than any specific move it has used.

Hex:
Hex is without a doubt a very powerful combintion when used with Glimmora. Though that said, we would like to see more of it before we ultimately reach a decision on this. Hex also has extremely limited applications outside of Glimmora teams as well, so it will not be banned as of right now. We may revisit Hex in the future if it calls for it.

Last edited:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen9fortemons-1785822382
Either Low Kick / Grass Knot or multi hit moves need to go. I'm partial towards the former, but the latter has its place considering how much bullshit you can get up to with other secondary effects triggering multiple times a turn. This metagame has some cool stuff in it but it's hard to do in practice when some actions hilariously overshadow everything else like this. Even with the lightest pokemon around and 20 bp on hits, multi hit moves are still about their natural power, and against everything else it goes from large boost (40) to obscene boosts.

After going through the bans and the viable pokemon i can use, i came up with these 4 sets:

Iron Treads @ bodypress
Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Iron Defense
- Earthquake
- Ice Spinner

haha, full potential iron treads go brrr! But seriously, after an iron defense this thing is an absolute MONSTER of a sweeper. Try and use it on a bulky offensive/hyper offensive team. (you can also go for 252 speed instead of hp)

Hydreigon @ uturn
Ability: Levitate
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast

so apparently other oms are in this metagame?:quagchamppogsire: Voltturn has also managed to make it in this OM with this hydreigon set! Other mons with volt switch/flip turn/uturn can also benefit from this, like slither wing, washtom and dragapult. (note that pult doesnt have too much spatk and theres no choice items for them)
Use this hydreigon set on some sort of webs team to slow down faster threats.

Skeledirge @ torchsong/hex
Ability: Unaware
Tera Type: Fairy/Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Earth Power/Will-O-Wisp
- Flamethrower/Torch Song
- Shadow Ball
- Tera Blast/Slack Off

Skeledirge can utilize 2 different sets here. Bulky sweeper that can 6-0 any team unprepared or weak to it and Wilo-Hex, except hex is on EVERY MOVE. This thing is truly worth a shot on ANY team you use it on. Just make sure you have good hazard control and bulky mons when using it on a team.

Have fun with these sets!

ponchlake

We have another round of votes for you all.. Here are the results:

:SV/Weavile: :SV/Greninja:
Low Kick and Grass Knot are restricted in Fortemons
Weighted Moves (Low Kick/Grass Knot)BANBANBANBANABS4-0-1

Low Kick / Grass Knot:
Fairly self-explanatory here but these two moves have been too broken when used with multi-hit moves, which we've recently unbanned. Outside of multi-hit moves, they have other applications like potentially giving you a 120 BP priority attack. Though the damage could be fairly inconsistent depending on what Pokemons your opponent may bring, there were still almost no downsides despite that. At worst, you hover around the same BP you normally would with your multi-hit moves, or you could have a 120BP 6x move like Beat Up.

Why not Heavy Slam and/or Heat Crash?:
The simplest answer is these simply aren't as exploitable as Low Kick and Grass Knot were, or at least we have not seen them be used to the same effect. We will keep our eyes on them regardless should any new exploits pop up.

Also, I'd like to note that we're aware that some things aren't working as intended like Freeze Dry or Facade not properly granting their effects among other things. We're in the process of trying to address those issues. As always, if you discover anything that you think isn't working properly, please send one of the council members a replay of it and we'll look into it.

Last edited:
First of all, let's answer why priority moves are banned and straightforward; they ignore speed and counterplay. Some counterplay may be achieved with abilities like Queenly Majesty or Armor Tail. Sadly, I don't think Tsareena and Farigraf are good in any other situation. The more niche solution would bring Indeedee or Manually set up Psychic Terrain. However, manually setting up something like terrain or weather is infamously horrible. There are also the chinks in these clauses like you don't have to attack the enemies; status move priority is the common asset of pranksters and if 1v1 Klefki sets are anything rely on, set up will be buffed. Useful Moves like Iron Defense, Amnesia/Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Encore, Substitute, Recovery Moves (Ex. Slack Off, Recover), Status Ailments, and lastly just plain attackers. You may be asking why am I bringing this up. Is this guy just stating the obvious or something more? Well it's simple I want one move unbanned from this format, Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch is a base 70 power dark type physical move that will have +1 priority IF the other pokemon attacks otherwise it fails. This move is notably used on Kingambit, Brute Bonnet, Dragapult, Chien-Pao, Cinderace, and Komala. As we all know the main function of stab-mons is gaining the secondary effect of certain moves when in the item slot. This makes it so ALL moves have that secondary effect including the moves I have already mentioned. So if the opponent doesn't attack the move fails. I think getting hit by Kowtow Cleave from a Kingambit doesn't matter much to a +6 swords dancing Cinderace. Can you trick the Pokemon item slot, you can knock them off why not trick them? Well good think sucker punch as a bunch of trick users, the icing on top? Trick is a status move so a +1 trick makes whatever the opponent did useless. This there counterplay? yes, trick will fail if the opponent does attack, giving them a free switch into able tools. so here's may favorite part the sets.

Grimmsnarl @ Sucker Punch
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Foul Play
Foul Play can straight K.O physical sweeper and screens will help considering the free turns

First of all, let's answer why priority moves are banned and straightforward; they ignore speed and counterplay. Some counterplay may be achieved with abilities like Queenly Majesty or Armor Tail. Sadly, I don't think Tsareena and Farigraf are good in any other situation. The more niche solution would bring Indeedee or Manually set up Psychic Terrain. However, manually setting up something like terrain or weather is infamously horrible. There are also the chinks in these clauses like you don't have to attack the enemies; status move priority is the common asset of pranksters and if 1v1 Klefki sets are anything rely on, set up will be buffed. Useful Moves like Iron Defense, Amnesia/Calm Mind, Bulk Up, Encore, Substitute, Recovery Moves (Ex. Slack Off, Recover), Status Ailments, and lastly just plain attackers. You may be asking why am I bringing this up. Is this guy just stating the obvious or something more? Well it's simple I want one move unbanned from this format, Sucker Punch. Sucker Punch is a base 70 power dark type physical move that will have +1 priority IF the other pokemon attacks otherwise it fails. This move is notably used on Kingambit, Brute Bonnet, Dragapult, Chien-Pao, Cinderace, and Komala. As we all know the main function of stab-mons is gaining the secondary effect of certain moves when in the item slot. This makes it so ALL moves have that secondary effect including the moves I have already mentioned. So if the opponent doesn't attack the move fails. I think getting hit by Kowtow Cleave from a Kingambit doesn't matter much to a +6 swords dancing Cinderace. Can you trick the Pokemon item slot, you can knock them off why not trick them? Well good think sucker punch as a bunch of trick users, the icing on top? Trick is a status move so a +1 trick makes whatever the opponent did useless. This there counterplay? yes, trick will fail if the opponent does attack, giving them a free switch into able tools. so here's may favorite part the sets.

Grimmsnarl @ Sucker Punch
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Trick
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Foul Play
Foul Play can straight K.O physical sweeper and screens will help considering the free turns
Firstly, you mention "the main function of stab-mons" - this is not STABmons, this is fortemons. Two completely different OMs. Second, Trick FAILS 100% of the time if either Pokemon is using a forte because the forte becomes an unremovable Mail item in battle. This also affects Knock Off - you can use it, but its damage will always be a non boosted 65 against a target with a forte. So your set and your entire premise is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of the meta.

ponchlake

Another round of votes for you all.. Here are the results

:SV/Riolu:
Serene Grace and Riolu are banned and Spit Up is restricted in Fortemons
Spit UpBANBANBANBANAbstain4-0-1
Serene GraceBANBANBANBANAbstain4-0-1
RioluBANBANBANBANAbstain4-0-1

Short explanation but both Spit Up and Serene Grace are broken in their current state. That said, we are not entirely sure if they are working as intended (which they'd need to be banned anyways), or if there is a bug somewhere that is causing their current effects. Spit Up doesn't reset Stockpile stacks after you use an attack, giving you permenant 300BP on all your attacks until you switchout, and Serene Grace odds continuously increase until you eventually get a 100% activation rate.

Riolu was banned for its ability to cycle Copycat with Circle Throw being applied to all of its attacks, giving it the ability to potentially infinitely loop your opponent unless they had their own priority or were a Dark type. This was preferable to any hits to Circle Throw or Prankser, as Riolu is the only abuser of this.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
Another round of votes for you all.. Here are the results

:SV/Riolu:
Serene Grace and Riolu are banned and Spit Up is restricted in Fortemons
Spit UpBANBANBANBANAbstain4-0-1
Serene GraceBANBANBANBANAbstain4-0-1
RioluBANBANBANBANAbstain4-0-1

Short explanation but both Spit Up an Serene Grace are broken in their current state. That said, we are not entirely sure if they are working as intended (which they'd need to be banned anyways), or if there is a bug somewhere that is causing their current effects. Spit Up doesn't reset Stockpile stacks after you use an attack, giving you permenant 300BP on all your attacks until you switchout, and Serene Grace odds continuously increase until you eventually get a 100% activation rate.

Riolu was banned for its ability to cycle Copycat with Circle Throw being applied to all of its attacks, giving it the ability to potentially infinitely loop your opponent unless they had their own priority or were a Dark type. This was preferable to any hits to Circle Throw or Prankser, as Riolu is the only abuser of this.

Adding to this, “a Dark-type or a Ghost-type”, since Ghost-type Pokémon are immune to the Fighting-type Circle Throw.

Hard to imagine a baby Pokémon getting banned from a metagame until something problematic pops up.

ponchlake

Adding to this, “a Dark-type or a Ghost-type”, since Ghost-type Pokémon are immune to the Fighting-type Circle Throw.

Hard to imagine a baby Pokémon getting banned from a metagame until something problematic pops up.
Ghosts could check Riolu conditionally. If Riolu managed to Copycat an attack that wasn't Normal or Fighting, then it could still phase a Ghost-type out since Circle Throw in the item slot only requires the copied attack to connect.

man, the Pokemon HOME meta will fuck this OM up:
  • Electro Ball Regieleki (150BP on every move in most MUs) will really make you reconsider what you signed up for playing Fortemons
  • Samurott-Hisui with more reliable (including priority non-status) spike setup
  • Overqwil on rain and/or with tspikes with Barb Barrage Gunk Shot (240BP)
  • Sneasler
  • Esper Wing getting restricted day 1
Not too knowledgeable on competitive Pokemon in general but these are my thoughts after rummaging about the Unreleased tier for a bit in PS

:sv/Roaring_moon:

Roaring Moon @ Tera Blast
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake / Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump / Hurricane / U-turn

Tera blast means that Roaring Moon’s weirdly diverse special movepool can now be put to work on the physical side, spamming Draco Meteors that don’t drop the stat it uses and after Tera becomes a devastating Steel type move to hit all the fairies that threaten it. The Evs are for the max attack boost while still getting a speed increase in sun.
All moves become steel after the Tera so will have to get rid of the resists before you go on the sweep, especially with the defensive stalwarts running around.

:sv/Roaring_moon:

Roaring Moon @ Tera Blast
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake / Fire Blast / Flamethrower
- Hydro Pump / Hurricane / U-turn

Tera blast means that Roaring Moon’s weirdly diverse special movepool can now be put to work on the physical side, spamming Draco Meteors that don’t drop the stat it uses and after Tera becomes a devastating Steel type move to hit all the fairies that threaten it. The Evs are for the max attack boost while still getting a speed increase in sun.
All moves become steel after the Tera so will have to get rid of the resists before you go on the sweep, especially with the defensive stalwarts running around.
Tera Blast only changes category after Terastalization, not before, so this set wouldn't work as intended.

man, the Pokemon HOME meta will fuck this OM up:
  • Electro Ball Regieleki (150BP on every move in most MUs) will really make you reconsider what you signed up for playing Fortemons
  • Samurott-Hisui with more reliable (including priority non-status) spike setup
  • Overqwil on rain and/or with tspikes with Barb Barrage Gunk Shot (240BP)
  • Sneasler
  • Esper Wing getting restricted day 1
Not too knowledgeable on competitive Pokemon in general but these are my thoughts after rummaging about the Unreleased tier for a bit in PS
And_here_we_are.mp4
The ultimate lifeform of my stupid theorycrafting

electroball (Regieleki) @ electroball
Ability: Transistor
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Shock Wave
- Tera Blast
- Ancient Power / Extreme Speed
- Agility / Volt Switch

I made this in a cold sweat in about 5 minutes because this thing is absolutely unfair. If I understand moves like Heavy Slam and the now-restricted Low Kick and Grass Knot, surely Electro Ball has the same implementation. Lo and behold: this thing. Base 200 Spe with all its moves' BP scaling off of that, coupled with espeed (assuming you would run mixed in the first place) to potentially nail opposing priority which could check this monster.

some calcs which scare me (based off EVs in this thread):
Shock Wave
  • 252 SpA Transistor Tera Ice Regieleki Shock Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 344-408 (113.1 - 134.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
  • 252 SpA Transistor Tera Ice Regieleki Shock Wave vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Garganacl: 237-279 (58.6 - 69%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Transistor Tera Ice Regieleki Shock Wave vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Tyranitar: 241-285 (59.6 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Transistor Tera Ice Regieleki Shock Wave vs. 248 HP / 8+ SpD Florges: 190-225 (52.9 - 62.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Tera-Ice Blast
  • 252 SpA Tera Ice Regieleki Tera Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Iron Treads: 271-321 (70.5 - 83.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
ExtremeSpeed
  • 4 Atk Tera Ice Regieleki Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Blissey: 446-525 (62.4 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Curious as to how this zappy themster will be handled

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 1)