Ability: Quark Drive
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash
- U-turn

With Hurricane as the item, all moves become perfectly accurate (+ a 30% chance to confuse) in the Rain so Jugulis is able to spam to its heart's content. This sort of set also works with Thunder or Blizzard, notably Gholdengo can run this as well.

:lurantis:
:sv/lurantis:
Lurantis @ Leaf Storm
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Flying
Timid Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
- Substitute

With 3 hits from Bullet Seed, Lurantis will have maxed out its Special Attack stat. Lurantis has zero coverage moves so Tera Blast is a huge help, Flying provides a nice mix of offensive coverage and defensive utility but other options like Fire, Rock, Ghost, and Dark work as well.

:tyranitar:
:sv/tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Assurance
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Rock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

With Assurance as an item, Rock Blast will have its damaged doubled after the first hit so it will be 25, 50, 50, 50, 50, meaning it has a minimum BP of 75 and maximum of 225. Combined with Ttar's 134 attack and Dragon Dance, this turns into a terrifyingly strong STAB move.

:iron moth:
:sv/iron moth:
Iron Moth @ Venoshock
Tera Type: Fairy
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Wave
- Fiery Dance
- Morning Sun
- Toxic Spikes

With poison support from Toxic Spikes or maybe a Poison Fang mon, Iron Moth is able to double the power of all its moves on top of its 140 SPA. Really simple, but it hits extremely hard and loves being paired with Glimmora due to the lack of boots.

:dragapult:
:sv/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Hex
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Very similar to the last set, but has the advantage of Hex being way easier to activate and being on Dragapult. Extremely quick and able to hit anything statused with a 260 BP Draco Meteor.

:garganacl:
:sv/garganacl:
Garganacl @ Ancient Power
Ability: Purifying Salt
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Recover

Finally, a slot machine Pokemon. Spam Rock Blasts to see how much RNGesus smiles upon you this day. With a 10% chance to miss, a 15% chance to hit 5 times, and each of those with a 10% chance to boost all of your stats. Well? Are you feeling lucky?

Simonn

Banned deucer.
Some quick ideas I had:

:iron jugulis:
:sv/iron jugulis:
Iron Jugulis @ Hurricane
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Air Slash
- U-turn

With Hurricane as the item, all moves become perfectly accurate (+ a 30% chance to confuse) in the Rain so Jugulis is able to spam to its heart's content. This sort of set also works with Thunder or Blizzard, notably Gholdengo can run this as well.

:lurantis:
:sv/lurantis:
Lurantis @ Leaf Storm
Ability: Contrary
Tera Type: Flying
Timid Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Giga Drain
- Tera Blast
- Substitute

With 3 hits from Bullet Seed, Lurantis will have maxed out its Special Attack stat. Lurantis has zero coverage moves so Tera Blast is a huge help, Flying provides a nice mix of offensive coverage and defensive utility but other options like Fire, Rock, Ghost, and Dark work as well.

:tyranitar:
:sv/tyranitar:
Tyranitar @ Assurance
Ability: Sand Stream
Tera Type: Rock
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

With Assurance as an item, Rock Blast will have its damaged doubled after the first hit so it will be 25, 50, 50, 50, 50, meaning it has a minimum BP of 75 and maximum of 225. Combined with Ttar's 134 attack and Dragon Dance, this turns into a terrifyingly strong STAB move.

:iron moth:
:sv/iron moth:
Iron Moth @ Venoshock
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Fiery Dance
- Morning Sun
- Toxic Spikes

With poison support from Toxic Spikes or maybe a Poison Fang mon, Iron Moth is able to double the power of all its moves on top of its 140 SPA. Really simple, but it hits extremely hard and loves being paired with Glimmora due to the lack of boots.

:dragapult:
:sv/dragapult:
Dragapult @ Hex
Ability: Infiltrator
Tera Type: Dragon
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Very similar to the last set, but has the advantage of Hex being way easier to activate and being on Dragapult. Extremely quick and able to hit anything statused with a 260 BP Draco Meteor.

:garganacl:
:sv/garganacl:
Garganacl @ Ancient Power
Ability: Purifying Salt
Careful Nature
- Salt Cure
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Recover

Finally, a slot machine Pokemon. Spam Rock Blasts to see how much RNGesus smiles upon you this day. With a 10% chance to miss, a 15% chance to hit 5 times, and each of those with a 10% chance to boost all of your stats. Well? Are you feeling lucky?
Assurance is not going to work if you are fast and run dragon dance (the ttar set) as it relies being damaged first. I would be much more tempted to run payback instead in the item slot as it isn't contingent on being damaged just in moving second, as well as running no speed evs.

Assurance is not going to work if you are fast and run dragon dance (the ttar set) as it relies being damaged first. I would be much more tempted to run payback instead in the item slot as it isn't contingent on being damaged just in moving second, as well as running no speed evs.
Assurance does not require ttar to be damaged for the effect to proc, only for the target to have been damaged before. So by running a multi-hit move it guarantees the target to be hit at least twice, doubling the strength of subsequent moves

ponchlake

cult of personality cult leader
:SV/Great Tusk: :SV/Dragapult: :SV/Zoroark-Hisui:
Great Tusk is banned and Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Reversal are Restricted from the Item Slot
ponchlakekennukemchrome8kaensoulResults
Great TuskBANBANBANBAN4-0
ReversalBANBANBANBAN4-0
Volt SwitchBANBANBANBAN4-0
U-TurnBANBANBainBAN4-0
SneaselBanAbstainDo Not BanDo Not Ban1-2-1

Another round of votes for you all. Rapid Spin being unrestricted made Great Tusk too powerful, but it also indirectly buffed VoltTurn strategies since removing hazards as been easier than ever. As a result, we've hit both of them. People started using Reversal on Sneasel since Weavile got banned, so we decided to vote on both. Ultimately, Reversal will be banned because of this. We are still discussing Weavile potentially getting unbanned, but right now we're leaving it banned due to its other cheese strategies.

Also, we're unbanning Fake Out in the move slot. Like with all the other unbanned moves, we're gonna see how this goes. If we need to take any tiering action then we will.

tagging Kris to implement

Last edited:
Talonflame @ flail
Ability: Flame Body
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Endure
- Feint
- Flame Charge
- U-turn

not as good as sneasel reversal but yes

EDIT: just remembered magic room exists, how does magic room interact with this OM?

Example:
Klefki @ Draining Kiss
Ability: Prankster
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Magic Room
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Flash Cannon

Last edited:

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
just remembered magic room exists, how does magic room interact with this OM?
It doesn't, magic room is unable to negate the effects of the fortes as far as I can tell, tested it earlier today.
------------------

Now that Fake Out is free in the move slot I expect Medicham@Trailblaze to be the main abuser. And no one else, I guess, maybe Perrserker could try something similar but is still too slow at +1. Fake Out doesn't seem to have much going for it without voltturn.

Dragapult @ U-turn
Ability: Clear Body
Tera Type: Normal
Timid Nature
- Hyper Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Great Tusk @ Rapid Spin
Ability: Protosynthesis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Headlong Rush
- Close Combat
- Knock Off

Florges-Yellow @ drainingkiss
Ability: Flower Veil
Shiny: Yes
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind
- Wish
- Endeavor

Greninja @ U-turn
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Giga Impact
- Hydro Cannon
- Shadow Sneak
- Ice Beam

Meowscarada @ U-turn
Ability: Protean
Tera Type: Grass
Jolly Nature
- Giga Impact
- Flower Trick
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Ting-Lu @ Payback
Ability: Vessel of Ruin
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Body Press
- Ruination
- Spikes
- Earthquake

Before the bans take place, this is the team I used to win quite a few games. I had so much fun with it, though it is very OP.

I loved hitting people with a tera grass endeavor florges to steal all the hp back.

:SV/Great Tusk: :SV/Dragapult: :SV/Zoroark-Hisui:
Great Tusk is banned and Volt Switch, U-Turn, and Reversal are Restricted from the Item Slot
ponchlakekennukemchrome8kaensoulResults
Great TuskBANBANBANBAN4-0
ReversalBANBANBANBAN4-0
Volt SwitchBANBANBANBAN4-0
U-TurnBANBANAbstainBAN4-0
SneaselBanAbstainDo Not BanDo Not Ban1-2-1

Another round of votes for you all. Rapid Spin being unrestricted made Great Tusk too powerful, but it also indirectly buffed VoltTurn strategies since removing hazards as been easier than ever. As a result, we've hit both of them. People started using Reversal on Sneasel since Weavile got banned, so we decided to vote on both. Ultimately, Reversal will be banned because of this. We are still discussing Weavile potentially getting unbanned, but right now we're leaving it banned due to its other cheese strategies.

Also, we're unbanning Fake Out in the move slot. Like with all the other unbanned moves, we're gonna see how this goes. If we need to take any tiering action then we will.

tagging Kris to implement
Oh thank Arceus. Personally would have liked to see Rapid Spin get rebanned, but now that U-Turn and Volt Switch are banned hazards aren't as important. Maybe just banning VoltTurn spam will make Rapid Spin less prevalent, especially without Tusk to champion it. Reversal isn't surprising, and hopefully Sneasel calms back down now that it lost it's best toy.

Also small question, but how can the vote on U-Turn be 4-0 when one of the council members abstained? Wouldn't it be 3-0-1? Or does it just get auto lumped into a Ban vote since no one voted Do Not Ban?

ponchlake

Oh thank Arceus. Personally would have liked to see Rapid Spin get rebanned, but now that U-Turn and Volt Switch are banned hazards aren't as important. Maybe just banning VoltTurn spam will make Rapid Spin less prevalent, especially without Tusk to champion it. Reversal isn't surprising, and hopefully Sneasel calms back down now that it lost it's best toy.

Also small question, but how can the vote on U-Turn be 4-0 when one of the council members abstained? Wouldn't it be 3-0-1? Or does it just get auto lumped into a Ban vote since no one voted Do Not Ban?
Oops.. I pressed Control + Z one too many times.. It's supposed to be 4 bans

Is there a resource document somewhere?

Here’s something that probably isn’t good but is definitely annoying:

Cinccino @ Thunder
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Tail Slap
- Rock Blast
- Bullet Seed
- U-Turn

This gives Cinccino’s multi-hit moves a 84% chance to paralyze. Could be useful when paired with Hex spam.

Here’s a partial list of mons that learn Hex and therefore can use it in their item slot: Gengar, Dragapult, Zoroark (and Hisuian), Mimikyu, Ceruledge, Iron Valiant.

And here are some other sets:
Iron Jugulis @ Charge Beam
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Earth Power
- Flamethrower

Slither Wing @ Leech Life
Jolly Nature
- First Impression
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Flare Blitz / Wild Charge

man this thing really wishes U-Turn was still legal in the item slot

Armarouge @ Flame Charge
Ability: Flash Fire / Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Stored Power
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere

Bellibolt @ Charge Beam
Ability: Electromorphosis
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Slack Off
- Parabolic Charge
- Muddy Water / Chilling Water
- Filler

Dachsbun @ Body Press
Ability: Well-Baked Body
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Draining Kiss
- Fire Fang / Snarl

Corviknight @ Body Press
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Brave Bird / Power Trip
- Iron Defense / U-Turn
- Iron Head / Defog / Agility

Drednaw @ Crunch
Ability: Strong Jaw
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Liquidation
- Stone Edge / Rock Slide / Rock Blast
- Ice Spinner / Earthquake

Roaring Moon @ Fire Spin
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Taunt
- Crunch
- Earthquake / Iron Head

Are you allowed to use Sunny Day / Rain Dance with this? and if so how does this work with 2 turn moves?
trying to use Sunny Day ability with Ceruledge + solarblade but it keeps sayin invalid

:sv/walking-wake:
Walking Wake @ Hydro Steam
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day

surprised i haven't seen this mentioned at all - this is pure theorymon, so maybe sun just isn't viable, but hydro steam in the item slot should make all moves receive a 1.5x boost during harsh sunlight, which can make wake pretty obscene. EVs are to get the speed boost off protosynthesis. according to the battle mechanics research thread, the damage multiplier is from the weather itself, so it may not stack with flamethrower (since fire moves already get the boost), but as far as i can tell there's no reason it wouldn't work with hydro pump or draco meteor. wake is also probably one of the few things that's okay at manual sun if you don't want to run torkoal, since with this set it effectively grants you a special dragon dance

iron leaves could theoretically do something similar but it'd end up worse since electric terrain is overall less good and putting psyblade in the item slot means you completely give up on any psychic STAB, which is not ideal. wake is definitely better.

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
Are you allowed to use Sunny Day / Rain Dance with this? and if so how does this work with 2 turn moves?
trying to use Sunny Day ability with Ceruledge + solarblade but it keeps sayin invalid
You can't equip status moves.
:sv/walking-wake:
Walking Wake @ Hydro Steam
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump / Surf
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Sunny Day

surprised i haven't seen this mentioned at all - this is pure theorymon, so maybe sun just isn't viable, but hydro steam in the item slot should make all moves receive a 1.5x boost during harsh sunlight, which can make wake pretty obscene. EVs are to get the speed boost off protosynthesis. according to the battle mechanics research thread, the damage multiplier is from the weather itself, so it may not stack with flamethrower (since fire moves already get the boost), but as far as i can tell there's no reason it wouldn't work with hydro pump or draco meteor. wake is also probably one of the few things that's okay at manual sun if you don't want to run torkoal, since with this set it effectively grants you a special dragon dance

iron leaves could theoretically do something similar but it'd end up worse since electric terrain is overall less good and putting psyblade in the item slot means you completely give up on any psychic STAB, which is not ideal. wake is definitely better.
Hydro Steam doesn't have an effect to pass, it was coded by game freak to not do anything, instead Sunny Day boosts it as part of an effect of the weather itself.
Meanwhile, Psyblade does work as a forte.

ponchlake

Meanwhile, Psyblade does work as a forte.

:SV/Iron Leaves:
Iron Leaves @ Tera Blast
Tera Type: Electric
Jolly Nature
- Psyblade
- Swords Dance
- Leaf Blade
- Close Combat

I have a more based Iron Leaves set.. Now the downsides are 1) You need to run Pinchurchin and 2) They cannot have a single Electric type, but for that low cost you can throw off tactical nuke Psyblades for however long Electric Terrain is up.

252 Atk Quark Drive Tera Electric Iron Leaves Psyblade (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg in Electric Terrain: 153-181 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Quark Drive Tera Electric Iron Leaves Psyblade (120 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Avalugg in Electric Terrain: 306-360 (77.6 - 91.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

You ever seen a non-super effective physical move do this much to Avalugg? (Ignore the fact that normal CC does more damage)

Unfortunately I couldn't save the replay, but I had a problem testing one thing:

I was trying out Assurance (Item Slot) and made a set for Beat Up Annihilape. Technically, after the first hit, Beat Up power should've been 2x for the other hits (Assurance secondary effect - double power if target was alredy damaged on the same turn).

What happened is that I was facing Skeledirge, and when I clicked Beat Up a single hit animation poped out, the message "Skeledirge was hit 6 times" appeared, but Skeledirge's HP did not drop, not even a bit, like it was not hit.

Was this a bug or am I missing anything?

Glad about the volt turn spam being banned, sad about great tusk but I can't be the only one annoyed at how cheap tera blast dragonite is in this om.

ponchlake

What is terablast doing there?
It makes all of your attacks physical and Electric type. The gimmick is supposed to be 120 BP Electric Psyblades with Electric Terrain boosts. Granted CC does the same in terrain (more outside) and Leaf Storm just flat out does more, Psyblade is just free to click under terrain + it's funny.

When you tera won't you just be walled by ground types now?
Well yes, I did mention that in the original post. It's mostly a joke tech that is available to you if you wish to use it. If we're talking practical terms, you'd save the Tera for opportune moments rather than immediately using it.

ponchlake

Glad about the volt turn spam being banned, sad about great tusk but I can't be the only one annoyed at how cheap tera blast dragonite is in this om.
With Tusks + VoltTurn gone, I think that there are more viable options to check it. Of course, if it gets out of control or community sentiment is that it's a problem, we'll consider tiering action for. As far as what options are available to check, it I find that Body Press forte is great for Dragonite. Avalugg, Corviknight, Gargancl, Iron Treads, Slowbro, and Quagsire to name a few.

I wonder how this would function if we where allowed to use mirror coat and counter as items. Would be pretty funny to see a

Toedscruel @ Mirror Coat
Ability: Mycelium Might
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spore
- toxic spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off

Switch in and like tank some spattks while also setting up tspikes

What about heartran but with set up?
Skeledirge @ firespin
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Torch Song
- Substitute
- Slack Off
- Shadow Ball

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)