From Untiereds to Ubers

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
Aight... I am very glad to be here, and I shall make a submission of my own! Any problems you notice, please inform me so I can fix it. Now, let's turn the worst of the OG Regis into the best!
Pokemon: Regice
Type: Ice
Abilities: Clear Body, Levitate, Ice body
Stats: 100/60/70/100/200/70/600 BST
New moves: Recover, Haze, Stealth Rock
Competitive niche: It keeps it's 200 Sp.Defense from the normal Regice, which is really helpful, as it stops Yveltal dead with that + Ice beam, allows it to do great vs Lugia, Let's it beat Primal Kyogre, and some other stuff. Furthermore, Everfrost can make it to where that bad defense is actually pretty alright, though only for things that get hit by everfrost. It gets destroyed by dusk mane Necrozma and Physical Primal Groudon, as well as being huge Toxic bait. Also, that bulk can be ruined by stealth rock, as Regice has no reliable recovery, so there is no fixing the stealth rock damage you'll take. So yeah, that special bulk staying may seem like a huge deal, but let's face it Chansey exists. It gets balanced out, as although it does destroy nearly every core special threat, some of the most common mons destroy it, like Primal Groudon and Dusk Mane Necrozma. Not like everfrost will always be effective against these two because they both like to run swords dance, along with stealth rock giving it much worries, meaning you either must run all sorts of hazard control, or face the facts. While that ice typing gives it bad sides like being huge Primal Groudon and Dusk Mane Necrozma bait, as well as stealth rock bait, it also allows it to obliterate yveltal, gives it a edge vs Lugia (do watch out for Toxic though, please for the love of god do), and stuff. That special bulk also allows it to manage Xerneas, as it'll allow it to take some hits, but catch is that it can't do much damage in return to the geomancy set because it also boosts special defense sharply. However, it will wreck scarf Xerneas. Recommended items may be leftovers, lum berry, or maybe even a chesto berry + rest combo could work (only once though).
Edit: With heatproof, Primal Groudon is no longer it's worst enemy... Still must watch out for poison and dusk mane Necrozma, as well as stealth rock... Yeah I want this to be very strong, but I don't want it to become what Primal Groudon is in ubers, so I'm making it busted, but not so busted.
Edit 2: With the new addition of recovery and haze, some points are no longer valid.
Edit: Some more points are also invalid now and some new ones are now a thing

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Aight... I am very glad to be here, and I shall make a submission of my own! Any problems you notice, please inform me so I can fix it. Now, let's turn the worst of the OG Regis into the best!
Pokemon: Regice
Type: Ice
Abilities: Pressure, Everfrost
Custom ability information: Causes such a cold tempature, it causes the opposing Pokemon to have their attack lowered by one stage when this Pokemon comes in. (Intimidate clone)
Stats: 100/60/70/100/200/70/600 BST
New moves: None really
Competitive niche: It keeps it's 200 Sp.Defense from the normal Regice, which is really helpful, as it stops Yveltal dead with that + Ice beam, allows it to do great vs Lugia, Let's it beat Primal Kyogre, and some other stuff. Furthermore, Everfrost can make it to where that bad defense is actually pretty alright, though only for things that get hit by everfrost. It gets destroyed by dusk mane Necrozma and Physical Primal Groudon, as well as being huge Toxic bait. Also, that bulk can be ruined by stealth rock, as Regice has no reliable recovery, so there is no fixing the stealth rock damage you'll take. So yeah, that special bulk staying may seem like a huge deal, but let's face it Chansey exists. It gets balanced out, as although it does destroy nearly every core special threat, some of the most common mons destroy it, like Primal Groudon and Dusk Mane Necrozma. Not like everfrost will always be effective against these two because they both like to run swords dance, along with stealth rock giving it much worries, meaning you either must run all sorts of hazard control, or face the facts. While that ice typing gives it bad sides like being huge Primal Groudon and Dusk Mane Necrozma bait, as well as stealth rock bait, it also allows it to obliterate yveltal, gives it a edge vs Lugia (do watch out for Toxic though, please for the love of god do), and stuff. That special bulk also allows it to manage Xerneas, as it'll allow it to take some hits, but catch is that it can't do much damage in return to the geomancy set because it also boosts special defense sharply. However, it will wreck scarf Xerneas. Recommended items may be leftovers, lum berry, or maybe even a chesto berry + rest combo could work (only once though).
This is really great to see- intentional openness to feedback.

Due to the description below, I think it could get Levitate (over Pressure), and a Fire reduction ability like Heatproof/Filter, since we can have 3 abilities, that way you could keep Everfrost. I feel like Filter might seem strong, but having a multitude of weaknesses somewhat justifies it, and being able to Filter seems to make flavor sense for a Water or Ice type.

According to Biology Section of Bulbapedia:
Regice moves around by floating in the air. Regice cloaks itself in air that is -328 degrees Fahrenheit, and can survive submerged in molten lava and other extremely hot temperatures.

With Levitate, it could dodge Spikes, etc. and provide it an immunity to help make up for its singular Ice typing.

Last edited:

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
This is really great to see- intentional openness to feedback.

Due to the description below, I think it could get Levitate (over Pressure), and a Fire reduction ability like Heatproof/Filter, since we can have 3 abilities, that way you could keep Everfrost. I feel like Filter might seem strong, but having a multitude of weaknesses somewhat justifies it, and being able to Filter seems to make flavor sense for a Water or Ice type.

According to Biology Section of Bulbapedia:
Regice moves around by floating in the air. Regice cloaks itself in air that is -328 degrees Fahrenheit, and can survive submerged in molten lava and other extremely hot temperatures.

With Levitate, it could dodge Spikes, etc. and provide it an immunity to help make up for its singular Ice typing.
Great idea! I'll replace levitate with one of the abilities above as well as put another one on

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
It's not technically on the list, but it's here solely for THE MEMES (and the fact that it IS Untiered alongside its evolved form anyway [and plays differently enough that it warrants being separate]). So, without further ado...

PIKA PIKA.

(Sprite taken from Gen 5 because I couldn't find the animated Gen 6/7 model. Sue me.)

Pokémon: Pikachu
Type: Electric
Abilities: Static/Lightning Rod/Aim for the Horn!
Aim for the Horn!: This Pokemon's Electric-type moves can affect Ground-type Pokemon, by aiming for the horn (even if they don't have a horn).
Stats: 70 HP/95 Atk/70 Def/ 90 SpA/70 SpD/130 Spe (BST: 525)
New Moves: Zippy Zap, Floaty Fall, Splishy Splash (Partner Pikachu's Moves from Let's Go), Fire Punch, All Cosplay Pikachu Moves (Icicle Crash, Flying Press, Electric Terrain, Draining Kiss, Meteor Mash), Focus Blast
Updated Move: Volt Tackle - 120 BP, 95 Accuracy, Physical, Electric-type. 10 PP. Ignores the opponent's ability. Reduces the user's Defense and Special Defense by 1 stage upon use.
Updated Item: Light Ball- Aside from its normal effects of doubling Pikachu's Attack and Special Attack, cannot be removed if held by Pikachu.
Competitive (Niche in Ubers): The main issues Pikachu really faced was its low bulk and fairly poor speed. This fixes that (As well as giving Pikachu's attacks some actual kick to them even amongst Ubers), mostly by actually making Pikachu really fast (Y'know, as it's depicted in the anime). Pikachu's Zippy Zap bolstered by the Light Ball may be amongst the strongest priority moves in the game (and on top of that, it's +2 priority meaning it'll even outpace Arceus' Extreme Speed). Though Pikachu's main niche is giving Lugia and Ho-Oh a massive headache with either devastatingly powerful Volt Tackles (Which has been updated to an Electric-type Close Combat that also ignores abilities, instead just being Stronger Wild Charge) or picking them off with Zippy Zap. Zippy Zap can also be helpful in picking off weakened Arceus or Xerneas, while also making Mega Gengar think twice about trying to trap the rodent (Though to be fair Volt Tackle and Knock Off do a perfectly good job of that anyway). Floaty Fall gives Uberchu wide neutral coverage. Fire Punch gives Uberchu an option against Pokemon like Ferrothorn, Genesect, and Dusk Mane Necrozma. Cosplay Pikachu's moves are also consolidated into Uberchu, giving it consistent access to Icicle Crash to deal with MegaMence, Rayquaza and Zygarde-Complete (if Volt Tackle should prove insufficient), Flying Press to muscle through Kyurem-White while also being more threatening than Fire Punch against Mega Lucario, and Meteor Mash to utterly DEMOLISH Xerneas if attempts to set up. Uberchu can also run Special Sets, using Hidden Power Fire to chunk the steels (HP Ice is mostly unnecessary, as most Dragons in Ubers don't resist Electric [or are not weak to Ice to begin with]), Signal Beam to make Mewtwo rue the day it was born, Splishy Splash as Pikachu's own alternative to Scald (Except it threatens Paralysis, not Burns), Draining Kiss to MAYBE threaten an Electric-resistant Dragon, Grass Knot to ruin the Primals, and of course if all else fails it has STAB Thunderbolt and Volt Switch. Focus Blast lets Uberchu rip Dialga a new one.

Uberchu's new ability, Aim for the Horn!, is a reference to exactly what you'd think it'd be. This allows Pikachu to rain down thundering death on foolish Ground types who believed they would otherwise be safe, such as pesky Rhyperiors, or on a more serious note, Primal Groudons, meaning they cannot safely switch in on Uberchu using Volt Tackle, Zippy Zap or Thunderbolt. However, this ONLY works on Ground-types, and does not let Uberchu bypass other resistances (or ability-based immunities).

Uberchu is still totally reliant on its Light Ball, but it now has offensive prowess rivalling Deoxys-Attack, with a bit more bulk behind it, allowing it to barely take a single neutral hit in a pinch, but getting Uberchu in is going to be its biggest issue. It's a glass cannon best suited to revenge killing. It also can't really do much to Giratina save for maybe Knock Off. It also suffers from serious 4MSS, as Pikachu cannot deal with Dialga without Focus Blast or Brick Break, Mewtwo is a relatively safe switch-in against Pikachu that lack Signal Beam, though Volt Tackle and Knock Off also sting, Xerneas beats out all Special Pikachu sets, mostly only fearing Volt Tackle and Meteor Mash (or Zippy Zap if it's low), Necrozma-Dusk Mane can Ultra Burst to tank a Volt Tackle then reduce Pikachu to a pile of ashes with its Photon Geyser, Lunala can take a hit as Shadow Shield is not ignored by Volt Tackle and then reply back with a nasty Moongeist Beam, and so on.
Along with the above complaint, you also laid out the stats wrong. Just the numbers should be there.

Along with the above complaint, you also laid out the stats wrong. Just the numbers should be there.
That's just something I tend to do so I don't accidentally post the stats wrong. Also...

This might not have been explicitly stated, but I'm pretty sure we're only allowed to submit fully evolved Pokemon. You want to submit something for Raichu?
I'm going to wait for confirmation from OM! as to whether that's a rule or not. The main reason I selected Pikachu in particular is because it plays differently enough from Raichu to warrant being separate from its evolved form.

That's just something I tend to do so I don't accidentally post the stats wrong. Also...

I'm going to wait for confirmation from OM! as to whether that's a rule or not. The main reason I selected Pikachu in particular is because it plays differently enough from Raichu to warrant being separate from its evolved form.
I mean... I'm not OM! but I think I have sufficient enough power to decide whether this is allowed. I'm gonna say yes for now, because I'm amused by the idea of Pikachu being a top-tier Ubers threat, and it already has a broken item to abuse (less unnecessary coding, you see). When voting time rolls around, it will be up to the voters to decide whether or not this Pikachu should be part of the meta.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
40126B6B-8FBA-4E5F-8B97-488B5028D387.png
Pokémon: Ariados
Typing: Bug / Dark
Ability: Compound Eyes / Intimidate / Arachnophobia
Arachnophobia: When this Pokemon comes into play, it lowers the opponent’s Defense by 1 Stage. (-1 stage is -33%, so it’s basically equal to Adaptability for all of your moves - unless the foe switches out).
Stats: 74 / 110 / 80 / 60 / 80 / 126 | 535 BST
New Moves: Cruel Fangs, Gunk Shot, Mega Horn, U-Turn
Cruel Fangs: Dark, Physical, 95 BP, 90% Acc, 10 PP, Makes Contact, Boosted by Strong Jaw (Biting Move)
Description: This move inflicts Toxic Poison when super effective.
Competitive (niche in Ubers): With a new Dark-typing, Ariados is no longer afraid of Psychic-types, nor is it heavily resisted by Ghost-types. It’s fast enough to be a threat to some Psychics and Ghosts, but is still slower than even Base Mewtwo, Gengar-Mega, and unlike Ghost, it’s Dark-STAB doesn’t hit Marshadow, Mewtwo-Mega-X, etc. for super effective Damage. Further, with a plethora of support moves ranging from Sticky Webs and Toxic Spikes, to offensive set-up with Swords Dance, Ariados is a Pokemon that cannot take many hits, but can make the most of its movepool and Speed Stat to entangle the opponent with its own cruel form of disruptive offense and support. With Focus Sash, Ariados can live to set up, but a Stealth Rocks weakness and low Defenses prevent it from being overpowered.

Ability niche: Arachnophobia pairs perfectly well with both U-Turn, and Pursuit, allowing you to either pivot as a lead, or punish their switch. It also ensures that it can support hazard-setting teams.

Compound Eyes gives unstabbed Gunk Shot a way of tackling its Fairy weakness, while allowing more powerful moves like Megahorn, and it’s brand new Cruel Fangs to shine with Choice Band sets mid-game for nice clean sweeping.

Intimidate is also great with STAB U-Turn, and pairs well with a lead role to soften hits for your teammate. Ariados also appreciates the Defensive nature so it can take neutral hits without relying on a Focus Sash, as it’s decent 80 Defense can allow it to take some moves better than expected.

*To be fair, Galvantula has Compound Eyes, so that’s why I thought of it for Ariados, so it does fit the flavor.

Last edited:

Pokémon: Watchog
Typing: Normal/Dark
Abilities: Dark Aura / Mold Breaker
Stats: 60/91/75/130/70/124 (550)
New Moves: Ice Beam, Hyper Voice, Parting Shot, Memento, Sucker Punch
Competitive (niche in Ubers): Fast and powerful special attacker with an alright offensive typing. Dark typing is a pretty good, which allows it to beat out the many psychic and ghost pokemon of the Uber tier. Having access to Nasty Plot allow it to pick up KO it cound't have without the boost but finding time to set up can be rare. At first glance, Watchog may be another Darkrai but there are some differences like Watchog having Parting Shot to allow it avoid any match up it doesn't favor. Pokemon like Marshadow and Rapidash can outspeed it and KO it with their Stab and Xerneas can eat any one hit and revenge kill it with moonblast.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I am going to have the Submissons end on Thursday, August 15. This will have provided 1 week to submit your votes.

If you haven’t submitted your idea, please do so before then!

Edit: I decided to adjust my Ariados’ Arachnophobia to reduce only Defense, rather than both Defenses, by 1 stage.

My focus was to have it viable for other Arachnids but I think that overall, just doing a -1 Defense should suffice.

Last edited:
It’s looking like subs are finished, so I’ll begin the voting stage now.

You may vote for up to 3 subs this time (including one of your own, if you wish).

Here are my votes:
OM!’s Ariados
money12wolf’s Watchog
Jamis361’s Electivire

Hopefully, we will receive more subs for the next slate. I encourage any lurkers to put their hats into the ring, because you never know if an idea might be a hit!

Last edited:
This looked interesting so I thought I'd try it out. Not sure if my submissions will get votes for being this late but oh well.

Pokemon: Seviper
Typing: Poison/Dark
Abilities: Shed Skin, Strong Jaw, Infiltrator
Stats: 90/130/70/100/70/110 BST:570
New Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Psychic Fang
Updated Move: Poison Fang- BP increased to 75 (It was kinda its signature move so it should be able to use it)
Reasoning: I had the idea of fixing up Seviper as it is known as the "Fang Snake Pokemon" but it doesn't really get to use its fangs much in competitive. So giving it Strong Jaw and fixing the BP for one of its STAB moves was the first thing I thought of. Then giving it the elemental fangs and Psychic Fangs to give it type coverage as I geared it to be a physical sweeper. I gave it a secondary Dark typing to patch up its Psychic weakness and to give a STAB boost to Crunch. With some good support moves in its arsenal such as Coil and Glare it can easily find a good time to set up and sweep or disrupt the opponent's team by spreading paralysis or toxic poison from its upgraded Poison Fang. I didn't want to go too overboard with it so I just gave it some new coverage, a new ability to fit with its lore, and some new stats to help it use its new tools effectively.

Pokemon: Alolan Golem
Typing: Steel/Electric
Abilities: Magnet Pull, Galvanize, Steelworker
Stats: 80/135/120/50/70/100 BST: 555
New Moves: Rail-Gun Shot, Magnet Bomb, Bullet Punch, Shift Gear, Meteor Mash, Sunsteel Strike, Flash Cannon, Zap Cannon, Rapid Spin, Flame Charge
Rail-Gun Shot: 100 BP, 100% Accuracy, Physical, Non-Contact, Electric Type move.
Reasoning: Looking at Alolan Golem's OU analysis shows that its main niche is a Physical based Steel Trapper, so like a Physical counterpart to Magnezone. So it thought I would take that idea and make A-Golem into a Physical Magnezone. The Rock typing hurts it a lot so I swapped it out for the better Steel typing giving it more resistances to make it easier to switch into. To let it better utilize its new Steel typing I gave it some new Steel type moves that fits the Railgun aesthetic. Speaking of which, its new move Rail-Gun Shot gives it a better Electric type move to use while using Magnet Pull as before you had to use Wild Charge which causes recoil or Thunder Punch which wasn't as strong. As for stats, I only boosted its Attack stat to make it hit harder and pumped in a lot more Speed so it doesn't always have to rely on a Choice Scarf to outspeed what it's trapping. The ability Steelworker is for if you don't want to use A-Golem as a Steel Trapper and rather a sweeper with its new Steel movepool and the boosting move Shift Gear added to its arsenal.

This looked interesting so I thought I'd try it out. Not sure if my submissions will get votes for being this late but oh well.

View attachment 190505

Pokemon: Seviper
Typing: Poison/Dark
Abilities: Shed Skin, Strong Jaw, Infiltrator
Stats: 90/130/70/100/70/110 BST:570
New Moves: Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Ice Fang, Psychic Fang
Updated Move: Poison Fang- BP increased to 75 (It was kinda its signature move so it should be able to use it)
Reasoning: I had the idea of fixing up Seviper as it is known as the "Fang Snake Pokemon" but it doesn't really get to use its fangs much in competitive. So giving it Strong Jaw and fixing the BP for one of its STAB moves was the first thing I thought of. Then giving it the elemental fangs and Psychic Fangs to give it type coverage as I geared it to be a physical sweeper. I gave it a secondary Dark typing to patch up its Psychic weakness and to give a STAB boost to Crunch. With some good support moves in its arsenal such as Coil and Glare it can easily find a good time to set up and sweep or disrupt the opponent's team by spreading paralysis or toxic poison from its upgraded Poison Fang. I didn't want to go too overboard with it so I just gave it some new coverage, a new ability to fit with its lore, and some new stats to help it use its new tools effectively.

View attachment 190506

Pokemon: Alolan Golem
Typing: Steel/Electric
Abilities: Magnet Pull, Galvanize, Steelworker
Stats: 80/135/120/50/70/100 BST: 555
New Moves: Rail-Gun Shot, Magnet Bomb, Bullet Punch, Shift Gear, Meteor Mash, Sunsteel Strike, Flash Cannon, Zap Cannon, Rapid Spin, Flame Charge
Rail-Gun Shot: 100 BP, 100% Accuracy, Physical, Non-Contact, Electric Type move.
Reasoning: Looking at Alolan Golem's OU analysis shows that its main niche is a Physical based Steel Trapper, so like a Physical counterpart to Magnezone. So it thought I would take that idea and make A-Golem into a Physical Magnezone. The Rock typing hurts it a lot so I swapped it out for the better Steel typing giving it more resistances to make it easier to switch into. To let it better utilize its new Steel typing I gave it some new Steel type moves that fits the Railgun aesthetic. Speaking of which, its new move Rail-Gun Shot gives it a better Electric type move to use while using Magnet Pull as before you had to use Wild Charge which causes recoil or Thunder Punch which wasn't as strong. As for stats, I only boosted its Attack stat to make it hit harder and pumped in a lot more Speed so it doesn't always have to rely on a Choice Scarf to outspeed what it's trapping. The ability Steelworker is for if you don't want to use A-Golem as a Steel Trapper and rather a sweeper with its new Steel movepool and the boosting move Shift Gear added to its arsenal.
Submissions are currently closed at the moment; so you might want to instead submit your votes while you can.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
OM! Ariados
Jamis361 Ledian
Anaconja Pyukumuku

—————-
Nintendoman1998 just be aware that if Anaconja Seviper wins this slate, you cannot submit a previously winning Pokémon (Seviper). Don’t worry, there are plenty left to choose from.

If it does not win, then you can submit your Seviper next slate.

Regardless, you may still vote, even though submissions are closed, so if you would like to vote for any of the current submissions, you may go ahead.

I guess based on the number of votes per person, only the top 3 (unless a tie pushes it beyond three winners) submissions this slate will win.

This means every vote counts!
—————
Voting ends on Sunday 11:59 am PST.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)