From Untiereds to Ubers

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Voting is now open!

This voting ends on Friday at 5:30 pm PST

Sign Up for the Tournament if you haven't already. Here is the list of current participants:

1. OM! PST
2. 737373elj GMT +8
3. Scoopapa
4. かたわれ時 GMT +8
5. Stealthbomber16 CST
6. The Cruelest EST
7. Anaconja PST
8. SteelixPrismGX GMT -7
Etc. (We cap after we have enough sign ups).

If you believe I missed your name, please reply and include your Timezone.
Thanks!

Date November 10 Sunday at 11 AM PST at Scoopapa’s server here:
http://scoopapa-dh.glitch.me-80.psim.us/

We plan to just do a best of 1 with 3 rounds-

Round 1. 8 People are paired off and 4 battles of 2 players each take place. 4 winners advance.

Round 2. 4 People are paired off and 2 battles of 2 players each take place. 2 winners advance.

Round 3. 2 People are paired off and 1 last battle of 2 players takes place. Winner is declared!

I doubt this will take more than 1 hour in total, if that, which keeps the date and time acceptable for everyone.

If we have more signups, such as 16 people. An extra round would perhaps push it a little more over an hour, but not by much.

If we have enough demand, we can also decide for a best 2/3 battles, but I do want to be conscious of everyone’s time. If anyone cannot make that time, I can start pairing off people now and have the battles due by end of day Sunday November 10. I will base theory first round off people with the same / similar time zones.

I would likely base at least the first round off of matching time zones, so Anaconja and myself since we are both PST, for example.
——————

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
OM! Stantler
alephgalactus Sawsbuck
SteelixPrismGX Glaceon
かたわれ時 Beartic
alephgalactus Jynx
OCTOBER OVER CHRISTMAS TIME CHRISTMAS TIME ONLY VOTE FOR ICE TYPES
I was just editing my post for a formatted vote as you posted.

If you could please change the user for Sawsbuck to yourself, that would be ideal, as I am gifting it to you, just as I did Spinda.
Think of it as a Christmas gift! ;)

3 max votes in a new Untiered Pokemon, 7 for a Re-buff/balance of a prior winner.

For example-

A. New Untiered Pokemon (Max 3)

1. OM! Stantler
2. alephgalactus Sawsbuck
3. SteelixPrismGX Glaceon

Since you can only vote for yourself once, you cannot also vote for Jynx, as Sawsbuck counts as yours. If you wish to switch it to Jynx you can swap it out for Jynx.

In either case, there is no room for Beartic unless you edit the top 3 to make room for it.

かたわれ時 Beartic

alephgalactus Jynx

——————

Now, you have 7 slots available for rebalances on prior winners:

B. Old Untiered Buff Improvements

For example, here is my voting.

1. Mr. Mime Nom by OM!
2. Persian Nom by Anaconja
3. Spinda Nom by G-Luke
4. Ledian Nom by Fragmented
5. Swalot Nom by G-Luke
6. Simipour Nom by Fragmented
7. Rapidash Nom for 135 Atk by Anaconja

Let me know if you have any questions on clarity.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
New subs:
Emolga (me)
Stantler (OM!)
Sawsbuck-Winter (OM! / alephgalactus)

Old Untiereds:
Mr. Mime (OM!) here’s hoping Mr. Rime will be better than it. If all the leaks prove right.
Persian (Anaconja)
Spinda (Anaconja) you sure that’s Anaconja?
Maractus (Fragmented)
Ya, both submitted but I actually decided to change it to G-Luke as I like his version of Spinda much better.

——————

I am moving this rules portion to this post so it is easier to find / read in a shorter post.

As this is the last slate of the generation, here are the rules:

1. You can cast 1 self-vote per category:
A. Your submitted (This slate) Untiered Pokemon that hasn’t already won a slate.
B. Your Nominated Buffed (this slate buff) Winning Pokemon submission from slates 1-13.

2. This is max # of winners per category:
A. 3 winners (ties that lead to over 3 will mean that the most favorable 3 will be solely determined by Scoopapa and OM! - in order to avoid a tie-breaker Re-vote)
B. 7 winners (ties that lead to over 7 will mean that the most favorable 7 will be solely determined by Scoopapa and OM! - in order to avoid a tie-breaker Re-vote).

3. This makes the max number of votes between both categories combined 10.

4. I reserve right to make any final changes if Scoopapa confirms that an ability, item; move, Z-move, etc. is too difficult to code, or if the overall final submission needs a slight change.

——————

Lastly, once finalized we want to congratulate all winners for an amazing first Generation of Untiered to Ubers! I will take all relevant feedback to Gen 8; such as a 700 BST, Only permitting clones/easier coding mechanic ideas, have less Pokemon to add to the metagame overal (for coding, and easier playability), as well as more rebalance slates so that way we can make our Pokemon as viable as possible (quality over quantity).

As for today are my votes: (Please distinguish between Categories A. New Untiered and B. Old Untiered Buffs).

A. New Untiered

1. Stantler OM!
2. Sawsbuck Winter Form alephgalactus
3. Emolga かたわれ時

1. Mr. Mime Nom by OM!
2. Persian Nom by Anaconja
3. Spinda Nom by G-Luke
4. Ledian Nom by Fragmented
5. Swalot Nom by G-Luke
6. Simipour Nom by Fragmented
7. Rapidash Nom for 135 Atk by Anaconja

Last edited:

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
New subs:
OM! Stantler
alephgalactus Shuckle
alephgalactus Jynx

Buffs:
Me Ledian
Anaconja Persian
G-Luke Spinda
OM! Mr Mime
G-Luke Solrock
Anaconja Lapras

My personal preference is Ledian, but if anything I think Simipour deserves the buff, like why is it the only monkey without 600 BST? The Maractus buff is not that good in anyway in my honest opinion, but I tried. If I could self-vote, I would.

Last edited:

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
You can have 7 votes you know.
I know, I'm considering Anaconja's Lapras, but that's about it since I can't self-vote more than once. I don't like that Swalot buff for one main reason:

:sm/swalot:
Swalot @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / Frustration

G-Luke really thought this one through, however I have to disagree with his thought process. RegenVest Swalot is a fine defensive addition to FUTU, and Flame Orb Guts is a balanced breaker. However, this set steals the whole cake. Like why run Guts when you can get instant +6 Attack and +1 Speed in a single turn? Why run RegenVest to tank hits when you can delete the opponent and not have to tank any hits? This buff is similar to what Linoone was in USUM RU, but Linoone relied on a 50% pinch berry and Extreme Speed to clean teams. Even then, its bulk was subpar and it relied on screens most of the time to be able to set up safely.

Here we have Swalot. Decent 130/115/115 bulk allowing it to find set-up opportunities, 74 speed which allows it to outpace base 135s at +1, and 123 attack. Screens, while gimmicky, is effective in allowing the user to cheese their opponent. While appreciated, Swalot doesn't need that. Swalot just needs to click one button and it can go tearing holes through teams. For all the complaints regarding the oversaturation of wallbreakers and sweepers in FUTU, why should this be allowed? We have 4 new Unaware users, but they can't fit on every team. Bibarel and Spinda rather use their other abilities, Pyukumuku is way too passive, and Muk doesn't appreciate taking EQs although it can. Stuff like Toucannon and Probopass can possibly 1v1, but you tech on Fire Punch and there goes your answer to BellyLot. 74 speed isn't very fast by any means, but outspeeding most of the metagame with +6 attack definitely puts a huge strain on teambuilding. You can choose to run unsets like Scarf Torterra or Scarf Marshadow, or run underrated sets like Scarf Xerneas and fail to KO at 50% with Focus Blast.

Right now, there is a lot of what ifs, and only time will tell once the Swalot buff goes through. But in my honest opinion, I don't like it because it is borderline broken and does invalidate certain playstyles. I cannot say that Swalot will be centralizing, because that most certainly won't be the case. However, there will be that one sleeper threat that you have to worry about, if not you autolose. This is not to say that Swalot will be broken or is undeserving of the buff, this is just my two cents.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I know, I'm considering Anaconja's Lapras, but that's about it since I can't self-vote more than once. I don't like that Swalot buff for one main reason:

:sm/swalot:
Swalot @ Salac Berry
Ability: Gluttony
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Belly Drum
- Quick Attack
- Earthquake
- Thunder Punch / Ice Punch / Frustration

G-Luke really thought this one through, however I have to disagree with his thought process. RegenVest Swalot is a fine defensive addition to FUTU, and Flame Orb Guts is a balanced breaker. However, this set steals the whole cake. Like why run Guts when you can get instant +6 Attack and +1 Speed in a single turn? Why run RegenVest to tank hits when you can delete the opponent and not have to tank any hits? This buff is similar to what Linoone was in USUM RU, but Linoone relied on a 50% pinch berry and Extreme Speed to clean teams. Even then, its bulk was subpar and it relied on screens most of the time to be able to set up safely.

Here we have Swalot. Decent 130/115/115 bulk allowing it to find set-up opportunities, 74 speed which allows it to outpace base 135s at +1, and 123 attack. Screens, while gimmicky, is effective in allowing the user to cheese their opponent. While appreciated, Swalot doesn't need that. Swalot just needs to click one button and it can go tearing holes through teams. For all the complaints regarding the oversaturation of wallbreakers and sweepers in FUTU, why should this be allowed? We have 4 new Unaware users, but they can't fit on every team. Bibarel and Spinda rather use their other abilities, Pyukumuku is way too passive, and Muk doesn't appreciate taking EQs although it can. Stuff like Toucannon and Probopass can possibly 1v1, but you tech on Fire Punch and there goes your answer to BellyLot. 74 speed isn't very fast by any means, but outspeeding most of the metagame with +6 attack definitely puts a huge strain on teambuilding. You can choose to run unsets like Scarf Torterra or Scarf Marshadow, or run underrated sets like Scarf Xerneas and fail to KO at 50% with Focus Blast.

Right now, there is a lot of what ifs, and only time will tell once the Swalot buff goes through. But in my honest opinion, I don't like it because it is borderline broken and does invalidate certain playstyles. I cannot say that Swalot will be centralizing, because that most certainly won't be the case. However, there will be that one sleeper threat that you have to worry about, if not you autolose. This is not to say that Swalot will be broken or is undeserving of the buff, this is just my two cents.
Hmm, I hear you. Okay, in honor of your points I’ll switch my vote from Maractus to Ledian. Maybe now Ledian and Simipour will both win.

As for Swalot, I see your perspective. That set does seem powerful, maybe we can wait and see if it wins. If it does I can follow my final #4 rule to ensure it isn’t overpowered (Tweaks).

If you were to make a suggestion that would no longer make it overpowered, what would it specifically be?

I.e. switch all punch moves to Fang moves and remove its Normal typing (weaken base power of attacks), etc?

Last edited:

Fragmented

procrastinating...
is a Pokemon Researcher
Hmm, I hear you. Okay, in honor of your points I’ll switch my vote from Maractus to Ledian. Maybe now Ledian and Simipour will both win.

As for Swalot, I see your perspective. That set does seem powerful, maybe we can wait and see if it wins. If it does I can follow my final #4 rule to ensure it isn’t overpowered (Tweaks).

If you were to make a suggestion that would no longer make it overpowered, what would it specifically be?

I.e. switch all punch moves to Fang moves and remove its Normal typing (weaken base power of attacks), etc?
not my call to make, and like i said, there's a lot of what ifs. just see how it adjusts or how the meta adjusts around it.

imo just nerf the attack if things are really bad as i think it will be. if not, just leave it as it is

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
My Glaceon
alephgalactus's Jynx
OM!'s Stantler
Ice is nice!

You sure you don’t want to vote for any Re-buffs?

Also, let me know if you decide to join our tournament!

Just post IN and include a Timezone.

Although with the changing weather I may have to call it a “Tournamint”!

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Ok with 8 people I am declaring the pairings for the Tournamint!

Pair 1: OM! VS Anaconja PST TIMEZONES

Pair 2: 737373elj VSかたわれ時 GMT +8 TIMEZONES

Pair3: Stealthbomber16 VS SteelixPrismGX CST TIMEZONES

Pair 4: Scoopapa VS The Cruelest EST TIMEZONE

Please plan out your matches as you can get a head start on Round 1 now and finish so we can move on to Round 2.

Also I am opening up Substitute (in the event someone cannot play) signups.

In order to get a headstart, Anaconja what time this week works best for you?

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I am closing voting for now and just counting it since no new votes came in:

A. New Untiered

1st Place Winner: 5 Votes - Unanimous!

Stantler OM!

2nd Place Winner: 3 Votes

Jynx alephgalactus

3rd Place (1 Can Win): 2 Votes

Sawsbuck Winter Form alephgalactus
Emolga かたわれ時
Glaceon SteelixPrismGX

Due to a 3 way-tie it has fallen on me to decide which 1 of the 3 to select: I select the Boldest Choice

Reasoning: SteelixPrismGX ‘s Glaceon is close enough to alephgalactus ‘ winning Jynx that it won’t feel like a loss due to being able to use Jynx for Nasty Plot, Earth Power, Focus Blast, Ice Beam, etc. as well. This is all while packing Psychic Surge and Lovely Kiss. Glaceon has a better typing and a more unique factor in Glacial Precision, but Jynx has more of a universal movepool, which allows it to be more versatile, making Glaceon less necessary.

Between Sawsbuck and Emolga I had to ask myself when I would use either of them. Sawsbuck can independently be used to support a team, go on the offensive, or serve as a Stone Cold brick wall. Overall, it’s weather and unique typing allows it to lend a hoof when needed, picking up on Aromatherapy, and Stealth Rocks.

Emolga has a lot going for it, especially as an Electric Ghost surprising everyone with its Lightning Fast speed and rather spooky high Special Attack. The only thing holding it back are the low bulk, which keeps it from being over powered.

Honestly I went with Sawsbuck because it is more versatile, can fit on almost any team, and will summon a surprisingly powerful permanent Hail to trigger Aurora Veil, and empower Glacial Surround, without fear of the turns wearing off. Lastly, it can finally put the new item Snowball to the test.

*I had to edit Snowball to be a clone by making it a Lucky Punch equivalent, so that’s why it and Stantler’s original posts are edited.

#TripleIceTrIce!
——————

1st Place Winners - 4 Votes (Unanimous!)

Mr. Mime Nom by OM!
Persian Nom by Anaconja
Spinda Nom by G-Luke

2nd Place Winners- 3 Votes

Ledian Nom by Fragmented
Swalot Nom by G-Luke

3rd Place (2 Can Win) - 2 Votes

Simipour Nom by Fragmented
Rapidash Nom for 135 Atk by Anaconja
Lapras Nom by Anaconja
Maractus Fragmented

4th Place - 1 Vote

Solrock G-Luke

——————

Due to a 4-way-tie it has fallen on me to decide which 2 of the 4 to select: I select the Boldest Choices.

Reasoning: Fragmented told me his Buff wasn’t that good for Maractus; Rapidash would be an easy fix for a unique Pokemon type combination with a straightforward role, but it doesn’t have the stats if it only gets an Attack Buff. Simipour competes with Ash-Greninja on typing, but packs enough unique roles in Trio Pledge, and Mega Launcher, that it can finally be a 600 BST to match its Trio counterparts.

#WaterWins #IpickedSquirtle

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Okay everyone, update me on your Tournament success stories here after battles with your Replays:

Reach out if you haven’t already.

Pair 1: OM! VS Anaconja PST TIMEZONES
(Anaconja LET ME KNOW YOUR TIMEFRAME TO PLAY).

Pair 2: 737373elj VSかたわれ時 GMT +8 TIMEZONES

Pair3: Stealthbomber16 VS SteelixPrismGX CST TIMEZONES

Pair 4: Scoopapa VS The Cruelest EST TIMEZONE

Also update from Scoopapa on what wasn’t implemented:
Also all Dual type moves work like Flying Press, Scoopapa is traveling until Monday but he may participate via his phone, I told him to keep me posted.

4AE3C94F-2531-440E-920F-A3620FDDA756.png8BFC1066-B966-4C84-903D-2671AE4E8BE4.png62DEA557-A608-4F49-AC83-41481BAAB984.png

Respect the man’s single-handed work-

Build your teams Now on his server to validate them. The only things he couldnt get to include Slate 14, and customized items like Swimming Trunks (he ran out of time), but Water Lily (Politoed’s) and Room Key he got to work. He also later added Wonderous and Gravitate:
16E98F27-DECF-485F-A6BE-BE79CD7B7C7A.pngE002CACC-BC8D-49FE-B719-8D2316CEADB8.png

He also said that the Z-crystal moves were included if they are in the spreadsheet.

So while he wasn’t able to get thru most of the custom items, he got thru most of the abilities and clones, the exception being this slate because he coded it yesterday before the votes were finalized as he started his travels and will be unable to code over the weekend.

The fact he did this much just before he traveled just proves he is a man of his word and is worthy of promotion to Co-Leader! Congrats Scoopapa you have matched my dedication and work ethic to run this metagame into a server.

http://scoopapa-dh.glitch.me-80.psim.us/
Please begin creating your team now to get it validated and ensure it is ready for the tournament. Select the Import feature and type in the ability and moves in manually, as well as any new items like Z-Crystals or Room Key (extends Rooms moves like Trick Room by 3 turns).

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
737373elj defeated me in 3 ggs. However, the server doesn’t seem to be able to save replays so I don’t have them here...
Aw, okay. Well, congrats to 737373elj, he moves on to round 2.
I am sure you put up a good fight, and since you are much newer to this metagame I will say he had an advantage on Pokemon knowledge for more slates.

Nevertheless, I will pair 737373elj with whoever moves on to round 2 next. We have 3 other pairs to battle.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Although Insulated, and Wall-Up Wallop won’t be included, Scoopapa has graciously provided us with the updated switched stats, abilities, moves (not items so no Snowball) of the Buffed Pokemon. New winners (Stantler, Jynx, and Sawsbuck) from Slate 14 he doesn’t have time for, but I quite frankly am impressed with his willingness to update right as I type this to ensure they can be played during the tournament.

Wow. Just thought I would bring it up!

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
I am in the server for the tournament. Everyone who is participating please join the server.
Scoopapa (you might be able to, but I understand if you cannot). If so, I can give The Cruelest a Bye.
Stealthbomber16 & SteelixPrismGX please confirm if you did a match, or if you will do one today.
かたわれ時 Please tell 737373elj to join the server so he can challenge round 2.
Anaconja Let me know if you are coming, otherwise, I have to give myself a bye.

Last edited:

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Somehow got no notifications that this had started.
I cannot play today or tomorrow.
Ok, I think it will be best to delay the tournament until next Sunday, for your availability, Scoopapa is traveling, and etc. reasons.
We also wont have much of a Gen 8 metagame anyways since we will stil lhave to wait for all Gen 8 mechanics to get confirmed.

Champion Leon

Banned deucer.
Everyone just schedule the tournament with your pairings between now and Sunday. Try and finish by Saturday, and then we can do Round 2 matches by Sunday.

I am giving myself a bye since I haven’t heard from Anaconja after multiple reach outs.

Please go ahead and get started.
We were both at school, so didn’t pick up the notification. He’ll be on in half an hour at least.

Edit: oh wait the tournament is postponed? Okay.
Since 737373elj and I are round 2, I will need your help to coordinate with him.

Perhaps on Saturday my time since he is 16 hours ahead of me.
I can do 4 pm Saturday as that would be 10 am Sunday, his time

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)