Froslass

As long as Abamasnow is sent out at least once his hail will stay as long as no other weather comes into play. and if it does who cares? just give frosslass hail as a back up in that situation.

Also: Call me Griff

Watup Forte, you really did the thread huh?

Anywayz... I was thinking about the awesomeness have having a trick-scarf lead fross-bitc... i mean Froslass BUT there is a problem. Supposedly the new choice item mechanic states that if you end up obtaining a chioce item via trick, switcheroo, fling, etc., you can change your move. It would've been funny to force switches because of being locked into a disabled move but i guess not... I personally find it hilarious that Game freak seems to be directly screwing with you Forte haha! all that aside, nice thread and at least the frosty b!tc# gets a cool new ability (unlike sceptile with unburden...).

O yeah, i cant beleive Sabelye got Mischvious Heart!!! You already know im adding him to tha team Chris

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Snow Cloak is better than Cursed Body on Froslass, IMO. Screwing around with hail teams is just so much better than occasionally disabling a hit (Froslass isn't surviving much anyway).

She's pretty much the same spiker as before. Not saying that's a bad thing -- Froslass is amazing!

Mr.378

The Iron Man of Ubers
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Seems the same as gen4 other then Cursed Body, which I like. It seems to be of some use.

I wonder if you can stack disabled moves? also, would cursed body work through subs? (just curious)
I can understand some people preffering snow cloak over cursed body but there both based on luck and annoyance which further proves that foslass is an icy bitch lol
I hope im not hurting any feelings haha

Apparently yes and no, since I beat the shit out your team with her today, -JGrey-. Trickslass ftw! I should add the set over since Shandalier won't have Shadow Tag for a long time. Thanks for the reminder!

Super Mario Bro: But some people don't use hail team. I use her without a hail team. Now it would be nice to encounter one, so her ability won't go to waste.

Froslass-Focus Sash (Cursed Body)
Timid (Spd+,Atk-)
252 SpAtk/4 SpDef/252 Spd
Ice Beam
Thunder Wave
Hex
Hidden Power (Fire)/(Fighting)

Just a last minute thought.

I just thought of using her with Weather Ball in a DoubleWeather(Hail/Sun) Team. Sun would enable her to catch and probably kill Scizor on the Switch, as well as Nattorei. Being able to set up and protect Spikes adds to her being a good pokemon to set up a sweep of the sun part. Theorymoning right now, but it sounds quite fun.

@Mastermind221: What is Hex? I´m guessing a translation for one of the new moves, but I still don´t know...

Hex = Evil Eye.

I've been running the standard lead but with Cursed Body. It pretty much rules. Most Pokemon only have one move that's any use in taking out Froslass, and if it gets disabled they're either forced to switch or have to use a non-attacking move, which she can either Taunt or use as an opportunity to set up more Spikes. The best part is when something like Serperior's Leaf Storm or Scizor's Bullet Punch get disabled... xD

Even though it's not released yet, it's worth noting in PO that Froslass + Chandel can pretty much potentially destroy any team that starts with a choice item if cursedbody procs. Chandel traps with shadow tag, sets up with sub calm mind for free vs struggle, then lays down the pain train with it's amazing sp atk. Obviously you can have some more synergies with someone like Ferrothorn on the team with that since he and Chandel work well together.

EDIT: Derp it's already been mentioned, sorry...

Froslass is useful as a spiker because it speed ties with Espeon and beats Xatu and hits them with stab Shadow Ball, meaning that it is actually more likely to get spikes up as a lead than most other things because Espeon will hesitate to switch in, psychic types will be more hesitant to Magic Coat, etc.

Yeah, unless you use this thing for the sole purpose of being on a hail team, go with cursed body, seeing as hail teams are relatively uncommon.

BTW, does cursed body work if you have a substitute? Because I could see people spamming sub for the disable.

AnnoyLass

Someone on Random Matchup Single Battle destroyed my Metagross and Wobbuffet with this set. Credit for this set goes to whoever I battled. It is important to note that they came in with hail support, courtesy of Snow Warning Abomasnow, so if you don't have that you should replace Taunt with Hail.

Ability: Snow Cloak
Item: Leftovers
Moves: Substitute
Swagger
Double Team
Taunt/Hail

The idea of this set is to first use Substitute, then Hail (if you don't have hail support) (to activate Snow Cloak and do damage)/Taunt (to prevent accuracy boosters and Safeguard users), then Swagger to confuse the opponent. Then, keep using Double Team while maintaining Taunt, Hail, and confusion. The goal is to wear down the opponent with hail and confusion damage wihle healing off Substitute damage with the Leftovers. With six Double Team boosts and the 20% boost from Snow Cloak, Froslass's Evasion increases to 90%, and combine that with confusion damage and the opponent has only a 5% chance of landing a move, and even then its damage is limited by Substitute.

Counter: The only counter I can think of is Own Tempo Purugly with Faint Attack. It is immune to confusion, and Faint Attack always hits, for super effective damage too. If Froslass lacks Taunt; Mist, Safeguard, and Defog users can set up on her.

Has anypne considered somethig like specs or LO Lass? Good speed and spatk with boltbeam and STAB shadow ball, plus hp for coverage sounds pretty viable to me.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Base 80 Special Attack hardly qualifies as good nowadays. Maybe it can get a surprise kill every once in a while, but there is just so much stuff out there that will be more than happy to come in on a resisted attack and destroy it or at least set up a bad weather.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)