Frosty vs. Rittercat - itt: Creepy shizz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
You might think that having a Ninetales and a Starmie by your side would ease nerves somewhat, but it's useless - whenever I visit this place I get shivers down my spine and, according to a little girl, a white hand on my shoulder. Agh! It is, of course, the Pokémon Tower.

I mean come on, the entrance is basically a cave entrance! Here's the drill:

Frosty said:
Open Challenge:

3 vs 3 singles
0 Recover/5 Chill
DQ Time: 2 Days (fast fast)
Arena: Lavender Tower, the second floor. The floor is covered with tombstones and the place is empty, just for the battle. Pokemon afraid of ghost (read: weak to it) will focus mostly on not crapping their pants instead of battling, resulting in a one star reduction on both Atk and SpAtk. Everytime a Tombstone is in any way broken, a ghost from the gastly family will appear to join the fun (60% a Gastly appears, 30% for a Haunter and 10% for a Gengar). They will have low hp and the ability to use any move they can normally learn.
Rittercat said:
Acceptin'
Switch = stoopid lol
No items
All abilities

Frosty
will send out a Pokémon first, then Rittercat will send out his own and issue attacks. Frosty will then order. Let's go, I don't want to be in here for long... OH HECK WHAT'S THAT OVER AT THAT TOMBSTONE THERE AGHHHH

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Oh, grow a pair. There is nothing to be afra--*watches as a small blue flame floats around*

GAAH DON'T KILL MEEEEEEEEEEE. I AM TOO YOUNG TO DIE HEEEEREEEE.

*Looks to the side just to see Ruki the Vulpix rolling on the floor laughing*

Oh you little prankster, you almost gave me a heartattack! That's it, I will send you first. Deal with it.

*Sends Ruki the Vulpix to the Battlefield*

Vulpix [Ruki] (Female)
Nature: Timid (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Attack)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Drought (DW): (Innate) [LOCKED] When this Pokemon is sent out it summons blistering sunlight that scorches the field and does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: * (-)
Def: **
SpA: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 75 (65 x 1.5)

EC: 5/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Ember
Tail Whip
Roar
Quick Attack
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Imprison
Flame Burst

Disable (*)
Extrasensory (*)
Energy Ball (*)

Double Team (*)
Fire Blast (*)
Dig (*)

So he uses Firefox. Not a Chome person then (geddit) Anywayz, let's starte... HALP WAT WUZ DAT I IS SCARED
Let's fight fire with fire guys. In your inaugural battle, go Max the Litwick
Now, there's no need to be scared of those gho... O GOD WAT IS DIS THING HALP HALP MAMMEEE!!!
We don't want to be too noticeable in a fucking creepy place like this so Minimize. Then confuse that foxy woxy with an intense ray. Finally, use your Psychic powers to ATTAK!!1!ON3!!1!

Frosty

=_=
For the love of god, a ghost? are you kidding me?

Oh well, at least the ghosts around should keep its mind busy. If this thing has a mind, of course.

Anyway, Ruki, start by confusing that litwick with confuse ray. After that we shall limit his moves with Imprison, blocking the access to the moves Imprison, Confuse Ray and Fire Spin. Finalize with Extrasensory to mess up with its mind a bit more.

Alchemator

Jeepers, why didn't I bring Roger [Zoroa] with me? Instead I chose to bring a Fire-type and a Psychic-type, great thinking there Alch! Anyway, let's see what the battlers have brought with them today! Hey look, it's a baby Diana from Frosty - Vulpix!

Vulpix [Ruki] (Female)
Nature: Timid (A 15% increase (rounded up) in Base Speed and a +5% increase in accuracy (e.g. 85 becomes 90) on this Pokemon's attacks; Subtracts * from Attack)
Type: Fire
Fire: Fire STAB; immune to burn, 50% reduction in freeze chance, emit a low glow in dark places, takes additional damage if active open flames are exposed to a water attack. Solarbeam has Energy Cost reduced by one (1).

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Drought (DW): (Innate) [LOCKED] When this Pokemon is sent out it summons blistering sunlight that scorches the field and does not end, expending 10% of its energy to do so.

Stats:

Atk: * (-)
Def: **
SpD: ***
Spe: 75 (65 x 1.5)

EC: 5/6
MC: 2
DC: 2/5

Attacks:
Ember
Tail Whip
Roar
Quick Attack
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Imprison
Flame Burst

Disable (*)
Extrasensory (*)
Energy Ball (*)

Double Team (*)
Fire Blast (*)
Dig (*)

And that looks like another Fire-type from Rittercat - Max the Litwick! He's looking pretty frightened though, that's sure going to affect his offensive capabilities!

Litwick- Max (M)

Nature: Bold (Defense increased by *, Attack decreased by *)
Type: Ghost/Fire
Ghost: Ghost STAB; brief intangibility that nullifies Normal and Fighting-type attacks, Pain Split, Psychic, Sucker Punch, Telekinesis, Trick, and Will-o-Wisp have Energy Cost reduced by one (1). (Gengar line and pure Ghosts only: moving through walls.)

Stats:

Atk: (-)

Def: ***(+)

SpD: **
Spe: 20

EC: 0/9
MC: 0
DC: 0/5

Abilities:
Flash Fire: (Innate) This Pokemon thrives in high temperatures, and takes the energy of any fire attack, nullifies the damage, and uses the additional power to boost its own fire attack’s Base Attack Power by two (2).
Flame Body: (Innate) This Pokemon’s external temperature is kept at such a high level that any contact attack used on this Pokemon has a 30% chance of burning the opponent.

Attacks:
Ember
Astonish
Minimize
Smog
Fire Spin
Confuse Ray
Night Shade
Will-O-Wisp
Flame Burst
Imprison

Acid Armor
Clear Smog
Heat Wave

Protect
Psychic
Fire Blast

And they're off! Better watch out for those tombstones, there's something really eerie about them...

Ruki, being faster by far, begins with a Confuse Ray. The light whizzes around the arena, inflicting Max with Slight Confusion. I'm sure Ruki was hoping for more with that attack. Thankfully (for the Vulpix, of course) Max somehow interprets his orders of "Minimize" as "Hit yourself in confusion!", and duly complies, hitting himself in confusion. However, it only did a miniscule amount of damage, and he snapped himself out of the trance quickly.

That pesky Ruki continues her mischievous rampage by slamming down restrictions on her opponent with Imprison. Max was about to return its own confusion, but failed...

Oh good, it seems that the combatants are finally doing something offensive! Ruki begins to mess with Max's mind, filling it with nasty (and also very real) thoughts of ghosts coming to get it - Extrasensory! Fortunately for Max, he isn't outwitted by a flinch and retaliates with his own Psychic-type attack, aptly named Psychic!

Whew, I'm glad none of these tombstones have been hit, imagine what could happen if... hey, is that purple gas over there? Weird.

Anyway, here's how things are looking.

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Energy: 81

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Energy: 93
Status: Imprison, Fire Spin and Confuse Ray are Imprisoned for 4 actions.

Frosty, your orders please.

Frosty

=_=
I had a longer post, but my internet decided to be a bitch, so here in a smaller version:

Confuse Ray - Extrasensory - Double Team (2 clones)
If Litwick attacks on the 3rd action, replace DT with Quick Attack in order to get behind a tombstone and let it take the blow

OK Max, that was pretty good, so let's keep it u... OH GOD WHAT IS THAT DON'T HURT ME PLEEEEEASE
Anyway...Max, he outspeeds you so take that Confuse Ray as you Minimize. Then Protect yourself from that extrasensory attack. Finally, use Psychic, but when it quick attacks behind tombstone, use Psychic to push the tombstone onto it. Let's make this interesting

Alchemator

I'm really sorry guys, it looks like I'm without internet until Monday. I'm posting this from my phone, but I can't do reffings unfortunately. I can promise that I'll ref this on Monday, but if you want to get another ref then I completely understand.

Alchemator

I can't tell you how difficult this has been. I used a spoon to dig myself a little hole in the wall and I've been sitting there, hugging my knees, ever since. It looks like the eyes of the battlers are started to un-glaze (?) so maybe I can venture out... Aww heck...

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Energy: 81
Actions: Confuse Ray ~ Extrasensory ~ Double Team / Quick Attack

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Energy: 93
Status: Imprison, Fire Spin and Confuse Ray are Imprisoned for 4 actions.
Actions: Minimize ~ Protect ~ Psychic

Alright! Ruki that Vulpix starts off with a nasty trick - it looks like it's using Confuse Ray! Man that light... that light... Ugh, anyway, it seems to have a more profound effect on Max than on me, as it inflicts Intense Confusion! That's pretty nasty. Despite thinking that the tombstones are all baby elephants, Max still manages to shrink himself down with Minimize. And then he... well I don't know, he's tiny!

Ruki then decides to start shaking things up a bit, attacking with Extrasensory! It seems that trick by Max paid off though, as it goes ahead and misses! However, it's not all gloomy for the Vulpix, as Max hits himself in confusion! That facepalm couldn't have done much good! Then again, it only did damage as miniscule as Max himself.

Max begins to conjure up a load of Psychic stuffs, in an attempt to thwart his foxy opponent. However, luck definitely isn't on his side as he hits himself in confusion yet again! Then Ruki decides to play some evasion mind-games of her own, as she conjures up 2 clones with Double Team.

To be quite honest, nothing got done in that round 9.9

Here's how things stand:

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Energy: 62

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Energy: 86
Status: Imprison, Fire Spin and Confuse Ray are Imprisoned for 1 action. +2 Evasion

Rittercat's orders!

First let's Minimize again for total annoyance. Then Psychic the fox, and Psychic it again. If it tries that running behind the tombstone jazz then that same trick from last round is cool to do.

Frosty

=_=
Hey Ruki I am getting tired of beating around the bushes. Do you agree with me?

Ruki + 2 clones: Vul-piiix!

Yeah, I thought so. Time for the shit to hit the fan. See those two Tombstones really close to each other? Use Flame Burst to destroy them and release some ghosts from their prison!

After that fill the room with your most menacing Roar! Even if the litwick is tiny, it should hear it no matter where it is and it should be enough to scare those ghosts and make them stay away from you.

Finalize by using Chill. Your energy is starting to get too low.

Flame Burst at the tombstones - Roar - Chill

Alchemator

Are you crazy? Don't think I'm going to stay here when you mess with those tombstones! ...three ref counters you say? DAMNIT ok I'm staying. Darn bribery. Anyway, here's how things are looking for the two Fire-types!

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Actions: Flame Burst ~ Roar ~ Chill

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Energy: 86
Status: Imprison, Fire Spin and Confuse Ray are Imprisoned for 1 action. +2 Evasion
Actions: Minimize ~ Psychic ~ Psychic

After Max minimizing himself to the extreme, I wonder if Ruki will miss this round too... Hey wait, she's insteading aiming at the tombstones! What the hell are you doing? Unperturbed, the Vulpix begins this round with a Flame Burst. It completely obliterates a tombstone, and a purple wisp appears. It begins to materialise, and it seems that it's a Haunter!

Shizz is gonna go down!

Finding the offender, Haunter launches off a Thunderbolt at Ruki! Ow ow ow ow ow. That's what you get for disturbing the dead I guess. Max, noticing the cuffufle, decides to Minimize more - this guy isn't going to get involved!

It seems that this purple ghost is on the warpath, but before it can do any more damage Ruki wisely decides to warn it away with a Roar. Max hears this clearly, but still manages to launch something that is supposed to be a Psychic wave or something. However, it hits a clone instead. Poof!

Happy with her efforts in this round, Ruki takes the time to Chill, whipping out some shades and a deckchair. Max isn't done yet though, and this time manages to hit the real Ruki with Psychic! Poof, there goes her other clone too!

So at the end of that round we have a very angry Haunter, but that Roar scared it quite a bit. It won't attack anything unless attacked itself. Note that it won't take much to knock out - it's still pretty ethereal and not fully formed.

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:

Frosty

=_=
Non-RP: Doesn't roar nullify stat changes (read: evasion modifiers)?

RP: HEY, you blob of fart, you were supposed to attack the candle thinge!

Oh well. Anyway Ruki, let's try something here. Start by using Imprison again, to disable Imprison, Confuse Ray and Fire Spin. After that run behind a tombstone to take cover. Finalize by hitting it hard with Extrasensory, hopefully throwing the candle at a nearby tombstone.

Imprison - Run behind a tombstone to take cover- Extrasensory

Let's get some damage here. Psychic. Then use Minimise as it runs behind the tombstone and push over the tombstone with Psychic onto Ruki.

EDIT: keepin' mah orders as they are

Frosty

=_=
Just to make it clear:

On the text, there is a mention of Confuse Ray, while on the summary, there is none. It is because I changed my mind halfway during the post and decided not to use confuse ray. I hadn't notice the mistake until now, which is why I didn't edit. I've done it now.

If Rittercat wants to change his/her actions, I see no problems with that.

Sorry for the trouble.

Alchemator

Sorry for the delay, my internet has been on the blink again - an internet café has saved me!

Note: That was a mistake with Roar, but I rolled an RNG for it (because it's made of sound waves, which can miss) and it still didn't hit. Sorry about that! :(

Something that hasn't blinked though is me, it's so damn creepy in here. Especially with that Haunter there. What could it do next? Let's find out what out cute little combatants are doing next, so I can take my mind of these ghosts! Wait...

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Actions: Imprison ~ Take cover! ~ Extrasensory

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Actions: Psychic ~ Minimize ~ Psychic

Paranoid about Confusion, Ruki begins locks down some moves with an Imprison. However, luck isn't really on Ruki's side as it misses! Max decides to show that that isn't the only Psychic attack floating around, and retaliates with Psychic!

After that setback, the Vulpix instead decides to set back further - behind a tombstone! Noticing a break in the offense, Max uses Minimize to bolster his evasion yet again.

Ruki finally manages to hit Ritter's tiny candle (kinky) with an Extrasensory, but unfortunately - for Ruki - Max hits back just as hard by hurling a tombstone onto Ruki with Psychic (I calculated this as a special Rock Throw), which seems to be a critical hit!

Another Haunter emerges from the broken grave, but it's far too pre-occupied with the other Haunter to do anything. If you were to interfere with one, however, then you'd suffer the wrath of both!

So at the end of that haxy round, here's the state of the Pokémon:

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Energy: 48

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Energy: 41

Can Ruki battle against Max's hax much longer? Over to Rittercat!

Okay Max, use Psychic, then Minimise and use Psychic again. If he imprisons psychic, replace it with Night Shade and if he imprisons minimise, replace it with Confuse Ray

Frosty

=_=
Hey Ruki, did you know that the floor here is special? even though we are above ground, people bury their pokemon here, so they had to make the floor deeper and softer than usual. Catch my drift?

Use Dig on the tombstone recently destroyed by the candle thinge and move toward the litwick while still underground. Just look for another source of heat. When you are sure that you below it, wait until the very last second to use Fire Blast to explode the ground under it.

If the floor is too hard to dig, even around the destroyed tombstone, combine FlameBurst and Dig to open your way.

So:

Dig - go to where litwick is - Fire blast to explode the ground after it uses psychic

If you can't seem to dig into the tomb:
Flame Burst + Dig - nothing - Move toward litwick and use Fire Blast to explode the ground below it, after it uses psychic, preferably

Alchemator

Ok yes I'm a slow ref, blame my school T_T

Here we are!

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Energy: 48
Actions: Dig ~ Move ~ Fire Blast

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Energy: 41
Actions: Psychic ~ Minimize ~ Psychic

Welcome to yet another round of things not dying, somewhat ironic for a battle in a place haunted by death (geddit?). Ruki starts things off by burrowing into the tombs of deceased Pokemon with Dig. Eww, gross! Max still manages to catch it with a bit of Psychic-ness though.

The Vulpix then begins clawing through the ground towards Max. He's unperturbed though, and uses Minimize yet again. Will he ever stop?

Evasion is of no concern to Ruki though, as she uses Fire Blast to literally blast open the ground beneath Max. They both tumble through the hole in the floor, landing uncomfortably on the floor below. Bereaved Pokémon trainers scatter, and it looks like this roof could come down at any moment...

Both Pokémon are now on the first floor of the Lavender Tower, and the ground is undiggable here. Any agitation of the ceiling could initiate a nasty Rock Tomb!

At the end of that round, here are the results.
Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Energy: 26

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Energy: 27

Can Ruki recover from this severe health disadvantage? Over to Frosty!

Frosty

=_=
I kinda expected it to deal a little more damage. kinda like an earth power.

Also, don't those evasion boosts fade away like ever? According to the move description, the +2 evasion lasts 1 round.

Oh well, Ruki, let's move on, OK?

Start by using Double Team to create 2 clones. Two can play the evasion game. After that use Roar to wipe out any kind of boosts. Make it specially mean so it hits it no matter how little it may be and to maybe make the ghosts stay away from you attack the litwick. Finalize by using extrasensory to keep some offense going.

Also pay attention to the candle thinge to see if it ever lowers its guard and starts to relax and chill. If it ever does so, replace your current action with a Flame Burst aimed at the ceiling directly above it. Since it will chill, it won't have the time to escape the rocks, tombstones and random cubones. Ho ho ho ho ho.

oh

I promise I'll pay all the damage to the tower, k? I hope you accept blood donations.

Okay. First, let's imprison Flame Burst, Imprison and Roar. Then while it's doing nothing on the next turn, Flame Burst the ceiling over its head to entomb it in rock, and finish up by Chilling, as it will either be under rock and unable to move or unable to use flame burst

Alchemator

I'm sorry, I've been really lousy :(

I don't have the time to continue this, only enough time to make a quick battle post or so. I'm really sorry :(

Flora

Yep, that tasted purple!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
No problem Alch, I'll make sure this has an ending. Now you continue on with your life!

edit: fixed with Roar

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Energy: 26
Actions: Double Team (2 clones) ~ Roar ~ Flame Burst????

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Energy: 27
Actions: Imprison (Flame Burst and Imprison) ~ Flame Burst (ceiling) ~ Chill

Sorry, Alch can't be here for you guys. He has a special... someone! So so so, I'll continue this for you guys!! <3

Okay, hi Ruki! Wait, why is there THREE Rukis? Did she... Double Team or something? Max doesn't really seem to care as it makes an Imprison! Flame Burst? GONE! Imprison? NOT HERE! Roar? TOTALLY NOT! It's sad to say that the Imprison affected every Ruki!

Ruki Roars and Max can't dodge stuff anymore, while Max creates a Flame Burst toward the ceiling! This breaks the ceiling into a million pieces and causes them to tumble down straight at the three Ruki! Oh sheesh, that's gotta hurt! She just couldn't avoid it! The clones couldn't either - they're all gone!

For the last action, Max can be seen easily chilling as Ruki is trapped among the broken pieces of the ceiling. Ruki... can't get out. =( She's not motivated anyway - she can't make a Flame Burst to the ceiling! Poor fox!

Calcs
Ruki
A1: Double Team (2 clones) > 8 energy
A2: Roar > 7 energy
10 damage from ceiling collapsing
A3: araaarararagh

Max
A1: Imprison > 5 energy
A2: Flame Burst > 5 energy
A3: Chill > +12 energy

Frosty OOO

Ruki the Vulpix (F)
HP:
Energy: 11

Rittercat OOO

Max the Litwick
HP:
Energy: 29

RUKI SAVE YOURSELF! Rittercat's actions!

Wait what? I have just got on to the computer after an incredibly busy time at school and I have been DQ'ed, missing out on posting by 10 minutes? Well fuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)