Online Competition GALAR NEWCOMERS (playable on Showdown!)

Doing the day 3 fights tired and right after midnight was not a good idea. I made a lot of mistakes like forgetting the time in team preview or forgetting to hit the dynamax button. So I ended with 6:9 and dropped down to 1615 points (in total 28:17, currently 1724th place).

Indeedee-F @ Psychic Seed
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Psychic
- Follow Me
- Helping Hand
- Heal Pulse

-> best pokemon in my team, can take a few physical and special hits with Follow Me or support with Helping Hand and Heal Pulse

Duraludon @ Assault Vest
Ability: Stalwart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Draco Meteor
- Solar Beam
- Thunderbolt

-> standard set, my number one dynamax choice, could handle almost everything

Barraskewda @ Focus Sash
Ability: Propeller Tail
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Liquidation
- Close Combat
- Crunch
- Psychic Fang

-> standard set, good against duraludon, could stop most coalossal surf combos, Psychic Fangs to remove screens was also useful

Darmanitan-Galar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Gorilla Tactics
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- U-turn

-> standard set, was pretty solid

Grimmsnarl @ Black Glasses
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 SpD
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

-> haven't used it much as I used Indeedee every fight (only when I know I will reset the terrain)
-> EVs to survive Dracovishs Fishious Rend and Duraludons Flash Cannon
-> Black Glasses lets you OHKO Darmanitan-Galar, Barraskewda and special Dragapult

Dubwool @ Leftovers
Ability: Fluffy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Press
- Payback
- Cotton Guard
- Baton Pass

-> last addition to the team, was totally useless

Last edited:
My final score for this competition is 1725. I could've gotten higher if I played smarter in a few games but it is what it is. Overall I'm proud of my team as each and every one of them put in some work and there was no team where I just straight up lose to from team preview. I'm surprised and upset about how I haven't seen a single soul use a greedent, a pokemon I genuinely think is great in this format (I've ran into a snom user but no greedent user hello?!). This is the team I decided on using for this comp:
https://pokepast.es/5386574b55c8c2d6

Attachments

final result is #49, ill take it. very fun tournament but i just wish we could see stats about it like how many people entered and who actually won.
ID is 0000 0004 CMMY RK, if you want to play the team on cartridge although you cant use it on ranked because of the G-max hatterene. Speaking of, i believe my G-max smite confused both opponents every single time. I thought it would be a 50% chance of working like g-max replenish snorlax but for me it worked every time.
1580173860895.png

Here's my results for this competition. I ended up finishing with a score of 1748 for 157th place.
Galar Newcomers.jpg

I'm honestly really happy with my team. It had options for pretty much everything in the meta-game and I feel like everything on the team synergized really well. Indeedee and Grimmsnarl gave me a ton of different support options when paired with Duraludon, Dracozolt, and Thievul and earthquake Darmanitan + max speed weakness policy Duraludon was also incredibly strong and dealt with pretty much any kind of trick room lead. Here's a PokePaste for the team too in case anyone is interested: https://pokepast.es/58b64865a129d193

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)