Pokémon Gallade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an interesting set that I have been using.

Gallade @ Galladeite
Ability: Justified
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 230 SpD / 28 Spe
Careful Nature
- Wish
- Taunt / Protect / WoW
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch

This set can clean up late-game, and unlike the other bulk up sets I have seen, it has decent recovery with wish. It is best used on semi-stall teams, with support for fairies and talonflame.

i like the medicham 2.0 set but i'd go with ice punch as last move so you can catch the incoming lando-t/gliscor. knock off is still a great option but it cant touch mega slowbro anyway which would hope for a burn with scald

+2 252 Atk Gallade Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 158-188 (40.1 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Thing is, M-bro probably will be running slack off due to lack of regenerator, so it'll recover HP and fish 4 burnz.
Nevermind, Gallade could SD while it recovers, but burn is still a thing.

I also find it funny that, before the stats were released, people were saying it's going to be a worse m-medicham, people now are saying its m-medicham and better.

ebolaking

Banned deucer.
i personally do like medicham more cause higher attack and not having switchins bar slowbro is huge but gallade is still a god mon not as good as cham but yeah fair enough

i personally do like medicham more cause higher attack and not having switchins bar slowbro is huge but gallade is still a god mon not as good as cham but yeah fair enough
I'm sorry but this is pretty bad to say. Not as good as Cham? More bulk, speed, options? With the exception of Pure Power Cham has nothing over Gallade. Even with Pure Power one Swords Dance and Gallade is hitting just as hard as Cham with more speed and a STAB that isn't trolled by Protect, Ghosts or 90 Acc.

Edit: As Rosen pointed out after one SD he hits harder.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but this is pretty bad to say. Not as good as Cham? More bulk, speed, options? With the exception of Pure Power Cham has nothing over Gallade. Even with Pure Power one Swords Dance and Gallade is hitting just as hard as Cham with more speed and a STAB that isn't trolled by Protect, Ghosts or 90 Acc.
correction, after one swords dance, gallade hits quite a bit harder

ebolaking

Banned deucer.

Edit: As Rosen pointed out after one SD he hits harder.
the point is that medicham does not need to sd and hjk has no switchins bar ghost-types and slowbro

the point is that medicham does not need to sd and hjk has no switchins bar ghost-types and slowbro
This is such a small reason for it to be better then M.Gallade which it is not and that HJK can still miss and eat 50% of your health where as Close Combat won't miss unless a Ghost switches in and even then you lose no health.

There is literally no reason to use Mega Medicham over Mega Gallade other than that. Mega Gallade has a much better Speed tier, meaning it can easily set up on a predicted switch. Mega Gallade has Close Combat, which is better than HJK. It also gets Will-O-Wisp, Knock Off and many more amazing set up and support moves. Mega Medicham is walled by Skarmory. End of story, this has been said many times before.

There is literally no reason to use Mega Medicham over Mega Gallade other than that. Mega Gallade has a much better Speed tier, meaning it can easily set up on a predicted switch. Mega Gallade has Close Combat, which is better than HJK. It also gets Will-O-Wisp, Knock Off and many more amazing set up and support moves. Mega Medicham is walled by Skarmory. End of story, this has been said many times before.
252 Atk Pure Power Mega Medicham High Jump Kick vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 201-237 (60.1 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Not walled by Skarmory, but I agree with the general point of Gallade>Medi.

Am I the only one noticing the influx of Megas that are offensive assets with support options? Gallade's WoW/DB/etc., Lopunny's Healing Wish.

Do you think Gallade's going to use these moves to help cripple/wear out its own checks and counters, or to help it fit into teams and give HO a viable user of utility moves like this?

Reactions: zbr
Am I the only one noticing the influx of Megas that are offensive assets with support options? Gallade's WoW/DB/etc., Lopunny's Healing Wish.

Do you think Gallade's going to use these moves to help cripple/wear out its own checks and counters, or to help it fit into teams and give HO a viable user of utility moves like this?
Well, the whole hype about Lopunny is mainly about unresisted STAB coverage and Healing Wish.

Will-O-Wisp Gallade could potencially be a really good choice, but if you are already playing offensive, nothing really should survive +2 from its huge selection of coverage moves.

I guess a better question is more, "How much coverage does Gallade need, and how much does he need it"?

I already figure Dual STABs is standard, and SD is the most likely 3rd slot. I guess it's more the question of what coverage move Gallade needs more, between Elemental Punches Shadow Sneak for priorty, Leaf Blade (lol), he's got plenty of choice for that slot. And that's not even getting into other sets like Sub + 3, or trickier ones that might employ 2 Utility moves like DB and Sub or such.

Gallade is a Pokemon that always struck me as versatile, but never strong enough to use it, which this Mega has helped amend.

Gallade also has taunt which can give it a good stallbreaker set. it can deal with lots of spatkers and stall but one main flaw i see is that it has no access to good recovery unlike stallbreaker mew, which would outclass it (unless you want to deal dmg). i honestly don't find the stallbreaker set to become smth standard, but sets like wisp,db, memento, twave or taunt +3 atks might be successful.

Well, M-Glade (yay nickname for gallade) got bulkier with Mevo, so support sets could definitely work, especially with his huge movepool.

I still believe M. Medicham > M. Gallade

You're forgetting gallade has only 80 base speed the turn he mega evolves.. outside of stall teams there isn't much to mega evolve on since the latis pretty much don't fear it at all prior to mega, rotom still can scare you with burn, lando can u-turn/EQ, etc etc.. Medicham on the other hand, while his speed is lower he can fake out to guarentee the safe mega evolution without fearing burns, priority, or anything as well as cripple throughout the entire game. It's also handy with SR to be able to fake out talonflames crippling them even more.

M-Gallade vs. M-Medicham is going to outlast (and be more toxic than) the Brony argument, I bet you money on it... zzz

Gallade actually doesn't really care; base 80 isn't terrible, and you still force out/get free switch-ins on a surprising amount of pokemon. Yes, Medicham gets Fake Out to 100% ensure a safe MEvo, but MegaCham needs that breathing room; Gallade just tanks whatever hit comes at him if need be.

Oh by the way have any of you considered leaf blade? Although it may not have as much benefit as some of the other moves on an offensive set it has the benefit of taking care of some common OU pokemon and upcoming megas.
252 Atk Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 168-198 (55.2 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

(168, 170, 172, 174, 176, 178, 180, 182, 184, 186, 188, 190, 192, 194, 196, 198

+2 252 Atk Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 212+ Def Rotom-W: 332-392 (109.2 - 128.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(332, 336, 340, 344, 348, 352, 356, 360, 364, 368, 372, 376, 380, 384, 388, 392)

252 Atk Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Mega Swampert: 432-512 (106.9 - 126.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

(432, 440, 444, 448, 452, 460, 464, 468, 476, 480, 484, 488, 496, 500, 504, 512)

+2 252 Atk Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Slowbro: 220-260 (55.8 - 65.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(220, 222, 226, 228, 230, 234, 236, 238, 240, 244, 246, 248, 252, 254, 256, 260)

+1 0 SpA Slowbro Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 135-160 (48.7 - 57.7%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO

(135, 138, 139, 141, 142, 144, 145, 147, 148, 150, 151, 153, 154, 156, 157, 160

Mega gallade can set up one swords dance on mega slowbro and still come out on top.

252 Atk Gallade Leaf Blade vs. 228 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 282-334 (70.8 - 83.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

(282, 286, 290, 292, 296, 300, 302, 306, 310, 312, 316, 320, 322, 326, 330, 334)

SE Leaf Blade is 180 BP. STAB Close Combat is also 180 BP so Rotom-W doesn't beat you anyway.

Swampert is an okay target but I'd rather use something that can more comfortably take a Rain boosted Waterfall.

Azumarill is already 2HKOed by Zen Headbutt.

I don't see how it's worth it, really.

defensive drops from close combat are very undesirable and u have very limited PP. Plus it allows mega gallade to beat mega bro which is becoming more and more common in OU and there is the nifty critical hit chance. It's just some food for thought.

I would say that Inner Focus is okay on M-Gallade. That's one of the main reasons why some people downgrade it. Lets just think of this.
  • It doesn't need to worry about Togekiss flinching it from Serene Grace.
  • Doesn't have to worry about any Fake Out move being used against it.
Personally, I believe that despite Gallade having an amazing 165 base attack, I believe that it's able to provide longevity in possibly playing seeing a Mega Gallade defensive set as well.
It needs to worry a heck of a lot about a STAB SE Air Slash from Togekiss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)