move 3: Earthquake
move 4: Dragon Tail
Item: Rocky Helmet
Tera Type: Steel / Ghost
Ability: Rough Skin
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Garchomp can serve as a hazard-stacking lead. It typically can get up Stealth Rocks or occasionally Spikes due to its good defensive stats and strong defensive type. Garchomp can utilize Dragon Tail for phasing and can put pressure on Rapid Spin users like Great Tusk and Iron Treads by using Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin. For teams that can take advantage of Garchomp's hazard-stacking skills, this makes it a fantastic choice.
  • Garchomp can utilize Tera Steel to flip its weaknesses to Fairy and Dragon and Glimmora's Mortal Spin. Ghost is another Terastallization option to block Rapid Spin from Great Tusk and Iron Treads.
  • Garchomp maxes out HP to increase it's defense, but it used 136 Speed EVs and a Jolly Nature to outspeed the likes of unboosted Great Tusk and Glimmora. Outside of that, it invests in Defense to help take more hits against Palafin, Great Tusk, Annihilape, and Koraidon.
  • Garchomp is very good in the lead slot, as it can set up hazards and die, allowing free passage for a teammate. After it sets up as many hazards as it wants, it can spam Dragon Tail and Earthquake to spread around chip damage to the enemies, breaking holes in their defensive cores to allow a teammate to sweep.
  • Garchomp is best on bulky teams, as they can deter the opponent from removing entry hazards and force switches, applying even more chip damage to the opponents. Gholdengo is a good partner for Garchomp, due to it blocking most forms of hazard removal.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[Gabeawesome08, 560802]]
- Quality checked by: [[corvere, 306317], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Contributor to Smogon
instead of specs mirai and cb korai i would mention their sweeper sets: double dance and sd + flame charge, respectively. i would also mention gholdengo as a way to punish defog attempts from corv. also more offensive partners like chienpao. the chiyu mention is a bit weird to me, it isnt really an HO mon (unless we are talking about np chiyu on screens, but thats as niche as it gets)
cut out all the dex info, theres a lot.

implement and ill 1/2

instead of specs mirai and cb korai i would mention their sweeper sets: double dance and sd + flame charge, respectively. i would also mention gholdengo as a way to punish defog attempts from corv. also more offensive partners like chienpao. the chiyu mention is a bit weird to me, it isnt really an HO mon (unless we are talking about np chiyu on screens, but thats as niche as it gets)
cut out all the dex info, theres a lot.

implement and ill 1/2
Can you give some examples of that dex info so I know what to remove

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Contributor to Smogon
Can you give some examples of that dex info so I know what to remove
'Most of the time, Garchomp will use Tera Steel to gain a great defensive typing that has lots of resistances, including Ice, Fairy, and Dragon, its most common weaknesses, while also blocking moves like Toxic and Glimmora’s Mortal Spin. However, it can also use Ghost, as [...]
too wordy.

'Most of the time, Garchomp will use Tera Steel to gain a great defensive typing that has lots of resistances, including Ice, Fairy, and Dragon, its most common weaknesses, while also blocking moves like Toxic and Glimmora’s Mortal Spin. However, it can also use Ghost, as [...]
too wordy.
should be implemented now

Lead Garchomp
Name: Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Spikes
Tera Type: Steel/Ghost
Evs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
  • Garchomp can function as a suicide hazard stacking lead. Due to it’s acceptable bulk and decent defensive typing, it can usually get up either Stealth Rocks or Spikes, sometimes both against a much more passive team. However, it faces competition with Glimmora as a suicide hazard lead. While Glimmora has the amazing boon of Toxic Debris, giving it a good chance to set up 2 layers of Toxic Spikes, Garchomp has 2 good qualities alongside hazards, being phasing with Dragon Tail and punishing moves like U-Turn and Rapid Spin with its Rocky Helmet/Rough Skin combo, chipping an opponent’s HP. This makes Garchomp a great choice for teams that can use its hazard-stacking abilities.
  • Most of the time, Garchomp will use Tera Steel to gain a great defensive typing that has lots of resistances, flipping its weaknesses, while also blocking moves like Toxic and Glimmora’s Mortal Spin. However, it can also use Ghost, as while it isn’t as good of a defensive typing as Steel, it allows Garchomp to block Rapid Spin. However, it isn’t recommended to Teralstalize Garchomp, as you would get much more value out of teraing a sweeper threat that Garchomp’s hazards facilitate.
  • Garchomp is very good in the lead slot, as it can set up hazards and die, allowing free passage for a teammate. After it sets up as many hazards as it wants, it can spam Dragon Tail and Earthquake to spread around chip damage to the enemies, breaking holes in their defensive cores to allow a teammate to sweep.
  • Almost any Pokemon or team style appreciates Garchomp’s hazard shenanigans, chipping down the enemies to be swept. However, Garchomp works best on hyper-offensive teams, as it can break down defensive pokemon with constant phasing, allowing threats like Calm Mind Flutter Mane, Double Dance Miraidon, Swords Dance Koraidon, and Swords Dance Chien-Pao can discourage switching, allowing for easier setup. Gholdengo also works as an amazing partner for Garchhomp, as it blocks Rapid Spin, Defog, and even Glimmora's Mortal Spin, preventing its hazards from being removed.

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]

Taka

coastin' like crazy
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
PUPL Champion
AMQC so take what you want but:

However, it faces competition with Glimmora as a suicide hazard lead. While Glimmora has the amazing boon of Toxic Debris, giving it a good chance to set up 2 layers of Toxic Spikes, Garchomp has 2 good qualities alongside hazards, being phasing with Dragon Tail and punishing moves like U-Turn and Rapid Spin with its Rocky Helmet/Rough Skin combo, chipping an opponent’s HP.
I would remove mentions of "chipping an opponent's HP", and focus less on Glimmora. An example would be "Although it faces competition from Glimmora, Garchomp has access to Dragon Tail for phazing and can pressure Rapid Spin users such as Great Tusk and Iron Treads with Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin.

Most of the time, Garchomp will use Tera Steel to gain a great defensive typing that has lots of resistances, flipping its weaknesses, while also blocking moves like Toxic and Glimmora’s Mortal Spin. However, it can also use Ghost, as while it isn’t as good of a defensive typing as Steel, it allows Garchomp to block Rapid Spin. However, it isn’t recommended to Teralstalize Garchomp, as you would get much more value out of teraing a sweeper threat that Garchomp’s hazards facilitate.
I would also make these sentences more concise, as in "Garchomp can utilize Tera Steel to flip its weaknesses to Fairy and Dragon and Glimmora's Mortal Spin. Ghost is another Terastallization option to block Rapid Spin from Great Tusk and Iron Treads.

Almost any Pokemon or team style appreciates Garchomp’s hazard shenanigans, chipping down the enemies to be swept. However, Garchomp works best on hyper-offensive teams, as it can break down defensive pokemon with constant phasing, allowing threats like Calm Mind Flutter Mane, Double Dance Miraidon, Swords Dance Koraidon, and Swords Dance Chien-Pao can discourage switching, allowing for easier setup. Gholdengo also works as an amazing partner for Garchhomp, as it blocks Rapid Spin, Defog, and even Glimmora's Mortal Spin, preventing its hazards from being removed.
This section is a bit unclear, and might be better phrased as:
"Hyper-offensive teams appreciate Garchomp pressuring defensive pokemon with entry hazards and Dragon Tail. This supports teammates such as Calm Mind Flutter Mane, Double Dance Miraidon, Swords Dance Koraidon, and Swords Dance Chien Pao to break through their checks easier. Gholdengo is another good partner for Garchomp by blocking most forms of hazard removal.

I would also do a quick run-through to check for spelling errors in the analysis.

AMQC so take what you want but:

I would remove mentions of "chipping an opponent's HP", and focus less on Glimmora. An example would be "Although it faces competition from Glimmora, Garchomp has access to Dragon Tail for phazing and can pressure Rapid Spin users such as Great Tusk and Iron Treads with Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin.

I would also make these sentences more concise, as in "Garchomp can utilize Tera Steel to flip its weaknesses to Fairy and Dragon and Glimmora's Mortal Spin. Ghost is another Terastallization option to block Rapid Spin from Great Tusk and Iron Treads.

This section is a bit unclear, and might be better phrased as:
"Hyper-offensive teams appreciate Garchomp pressuring defensive pokemon with entry hazards and Dragon Tail. This supports teammates such as Calm Mind Flutter Mane, Double Dance Miraidon, Swords Dance Koraidon, and Swords Dance Chien Pao to break through their checks easier. Gholdengo is another good partner for Garchomp by blocking most forms of hazard removal.

I would also do a quick run-through to check for spelling errors in the analysis.
should be implemented

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
I still think the wording here is a bit awkward and sentences run for a bit too long. The first bullet point especially could be half as long with better wording.
As far as actual content changes/suggestions go, the QC team agrees that Garchomp is NOT best suited for hazard stack hyper offense teams, but rather bulky teams which deter the opponent from removing entry hazards and force switches. As such, we'd like the EV spread to change to 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe with a Jolly nature. This allows Garchomp to outspeed unboosted Great Tusk and Glimmora while giving it physical bulk to better tank hits from the likes of Palafin, Great Tusk, Koraidon, and Annihilape.
Change the analysis accordingly and I'll give it another look for 2/2.

also as a side note, please put spaces between the slashes in EVs and Tera types; makes it easier for me to eventually upload. Also, check on your spellings once more over here.

I still think the wording here is a bit awkward and sentences run for a bit too long. The first bullet point especially could be half as long with better wording.
As far as actual content changes/suggestions go, the QC team agrees that Garchomp is NOT best suited for hazard stack hyper offense teams, but rather bulky teams which deter the opponent from removing entry hazards and force switches. As such, we'd like the EV spread to change to 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe with a Jolly nature. This allows Garchomp to outspeed unboosted Great Tusk and Glimmora while giving it physical bulk to better tank hits from the likes of Palafin, Great Tusk, Koraidon, and Annihilape.
Change the analysis accordingly and I'll give it another look for 2/2.

also as a side note, please put spaces between the slashes in EVs and Tera types; makes it easier for me to eventually upload. Also, check on your spellings once more over here.
implemented

Lasen

smiling through it all
is a Site Content Manageris an official Team Rateris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Lead Garchomp
Name: Lead
move 1: Stealth Rock
move 2: Spikes
Tera Type: Steel / Ghost
Evs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]`
  • Garchomp can serve as a hazard-stacking lead. It typically can get up Stealth Rocks or occasionally Spikes due to its good defensive stats and strong defensive type. Garchomp can utilize Dragon Tail for phasing and can put pressure on Rapid Spin users like Great Tusk and Iron Treads by using Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin. For teams that can take advantage of Garchomp's hazard-stacking skills, this makes it a fantastic choice. (still not a lead; it's rather a bulky entry hazard setter)
  • Garchomp can utilize Tera Steel to flip its weaknesses to Fairy and Dragon and Glimmora's Mortal Spin. (explain the glimmora part a bit better; you block it altogether, you don't flip the matchup) Ghost is another Terastallization option to block Rapid Spin from Great Tusk and Iron Treads.
  • Garchomp maxes out HP to increase it's defense, but it used 136 Speed EVs and a Jolly Nature to outspeed the likes of unboosted Great Tusk and Glimmora. Outside of that, it invests in Defense to help take more hits against Palafin, Great Tusk, Annihilape, and Koraidon.
  • Garchomp is very good in the lead slot, as it can set up hazards and die, allowing free passage for a teammate. After it sets up as many hazards as it wants, it can spam Dragon Tail and Earthquake to spread around chip damage to the enemies, breaking holes in their defensive cores to allow a teammate to sweep. (still not a lead)
  • Garchomp is best on bulky teams, as they can deter the opponent from removing entry hazards and force switches, applying even more chip damage to the opponents. Gholdengo is a good partner for Garchomp, due to it blocking most forms of hazard removal. (mention more teammates that deter hazard setting)

[CREDITS]
- Quality checked by: [[corvere, 306317], [username2, userid2]]

still not 2/2 because this fundamentally changes what you've written.

Lasen

smiling through it all
Gonna give you 24h; these analyses are supposed to move at a reasonable pace and this hasn't been touched in nearly three weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)