Doubles Gardevoir

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Overview
########
Gardevoir's excellent Special Attack stat makes it a great choice as an offensive Pokemon. Having access to Fairy-type STAB moves, it can be used to slay both the Dragon- and Fighting-type Pokemon which roam the metagame. Mega Gardevoir's Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice dishes out huge damage and is helped further by the fact that it is a spread move, meaning it hits both opposing Pokemon. Gardevoir's low bulk doesn't do it many favors and means that it can't quite get the job done at times, but with smart play, it is enough to at least punch a fairly large hole in your opponent's team. Due to Gardevoir's middling Speed, even when Mega-Evolved, it often falls just short and can't quite have the desired effect on the game. This problem can be solved through the use of a Choice Scarf set which is excellent for sniping specific threats to support the team. Priority attacks are a real issue to Gardevoir; Fake Out is difficult to play around, especially for the Choice Scarf set, and Bullet Punch will do serious damage.

Mega Gardevoir
########
name: Mega Gardevoir
move 1: Hyper Voice
move 2: Psyshock
move 3: Focus Blast
move 4: Protect
ability: Telepathy / Trace
item: Gardevoirite
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Timid / Modest

Moves
========
Hyper Voice has the power to tear straight through threats with middling bulk and can even break through some resisted ones. It is the move Gardevoir will be using most of the time thanks to the damage boost provided by Pixilate, which gives Gardevoir the equivalent of a free Life Orb boost, and, coming off base 165 Special Attack, it hits really hard. Psyshock is there mainly to hit Amoonguss hard, but it also helps deal with Pokemon with high Special Defense stats. Focus Blast provides Gardevoir with something to hit Heatran and can even OHKO 252 HP Tyranitar in sand. It does an excellent job of rounding off the great coverage provided by Gardevoir's Fairy-type STAB. Protect is necessary to help keep Gardevoir healthy whilst the other Pokemon on the field handle the things that Gardevoir can't. You might wish to run Thunderbolt to hit Pokemon such as Talonflame and Tornadus; it is also useful to hit Mega Charizard Y.

Set Details
========
A Modest nature provides a little extra power, but a Timid nature is generally the better option to avoid losing out to the many Pokemon that populate the Speed tier Gardevoir finds itself in. A Timid nature is more effective if your team has only a small amount of speed control, whereas a Modest nature can be the preferred choice if your team carries lots of speed control. The recommended ability is Telepathy if your team carries spread moves that would otherwise hit your own Gardevoir; Trace is the better option if this is not the case and can be very beneficial if an ability such as Download is picked up.

Usage Tips
========
Gardevoir is particularly potent with speed control support such as Tailwind or Icy Wind. This helps it bypass its middling Speed and allows it to tear through the enemy's team without having to worry about being outsped. Quick Guard support is useful to increase Gardevoir's longevity, as it then avoids priority attacks from many Pokemon, most notably Talonflame, Scizor, Hitmontop, and Scrafty. Helping Hand is a great option that boosts the power of Gardevoir's Hyper Voice to ridiculous levels and helps it dish out large amounts of damage.

Team Options
========
Jirachi is an excellent teammate with access to Helping Hand, Follow Me, and Icy Wind that can thus support Gardevoir very efficiently. Togekiss is a similar choice which also shines thanks to access to Follow Me and Tailwind. Heatran has both good offensive and defensive synergy with Gardevoir. It resists Steel-type moves that Gardevoir is afraid of and can plow through the Pokemon that resist Hyper Voice with Heat Wave. Partners that resist Ghost-type moves are also good. A notable example would be Tyranitar, whose Fighting-type weakness is alleviated by Gardevoir, which can deal with the majority of the Fighting-types in the tier. Gardevoir's offensive pressure means that partners with setup moves can shine thanks to the free turns provided by the power of a Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Moonblast
move 3: Will-O-Wisp / Thunderbolt
move 4: Trick / Encore
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Modest

Moves
========
Moonblast is the key move for this set and will probably be used most of the time. It lets Gardevoir OHKO popular Dragon-type Pokemon such as Latios and Garchomp whilst also effectively eliminating Fighting-types such as Hitmontop, Scrafty, and Conkeldurr. Gardevoir's secondary STAB, Psyshock, hits specially defensive Pokemon harder and helps Gardevoir deal with the odd Poison-type such as Gengar or Amoonguss. Will-O-Wisp seems like an odd choice for a Choice Scarf set, but it is very useful for the times where Gardevoir can have little impact on the opposing Pokemon. Trick gives Gardevoir the ability to cripple opposing Pokemon and is particularly useful against support-based Pokemon such as Hitmontop or Cresselia. Thunderbolt can be used to hit Mega Charizard Y and a few other Pokemon, but it falls short of an OHKO. Encore can also be useful to lock targets into a move such as Protect when there is nothing else Gardevoir can do. Gardevoir has access to several other moves, though they aren't typically as useful as the ones mentioned. Focus Blast hits Heatran and Tyranitar for good damage, but the shaky accuracy makes it an undesirable choice. Hidden Power Ice can be used to nail Shaymin-S as well as Landorus. You might also want to run Dazzling Gleam, but you should not drop Moonblast to run this as it misses out on many OHKOs, such as on Hitmontop, Latios, and Garchomp.

Set Details
========
Through the use of a Choice Scarf, Gardevoir can outspeed base 127 Speed Pokemon such as Shaymin-S. With a Timid nature, Gardevoir can outspeed base 130 Pokemon as well, but a Modest nature is important to be able to OHKO the Dragon-types mentioned earlier. Telepathy is the recommended ability if your team carries spread moves that would otherwise hit Gardevoir; Trace should be used if you are not carrying these moves.

Usage Tips
========
The surprise value of the Choice Scarf is key to eliminating the Dragon-types on the field, so try to keep it hidden until Gardevoir has an opportunity to use it. The use of the Choice Scarf makes Gardevoir excellent for taking down Fighting-types and fast, offensive Dragon-types like Latios and Garchomp. It is difficult to switch Gardevoir in, so maintaining high offensive pressure is key to giving Gardevoir the opportunities to switch in and cause damage. Baiting in Dragon-types with slower Dragon-types like Kyurem-B is a nice way to allow Gardevoir to get a free switch-in. To ensure the survival of Gardevoir, you should keep it away from Pokemon with strong priority attacks, such as Talonflame and Scizor.

Team Options
========
Pokemon like Heatran are good teammates to Gardevoir, as it resists oncoming Steel-type moves and can KO the Steel-type Pokemon Gardevoir struggles to deal with. Gardevoir clears the path for slower Dragon-types like Kyurem-B, which can shine once its main checks and counters are eliminated. Similarly, Mega Garchomp benefits greatly from Gardevoir's ability to pick off fast Dragon-types. Thanks to Telepathy, Pokemon such as Landorus-T and Excadrill can spam spread moves without having to worry about hurting Gardevoir.

Other Options
########
Gardevoir packs a very wide support movepool, but it is better suited to an offensive role. You may want to run moves such as Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Icy Wind, or Imprison over one of Gardevoir's coverage options, but the above sets tend to be more effective. Gardevoir can just about pull off a Trick Room set, but this role is typically better filled by slower, bulkier Pokemon such as Cresselia. Shadow Ball is an option that lets Gardevoir hit Chandelure super effectively and provides neutral damage to Steel-type Pokemon without the miss chance of Focus Blast.

Checks & Counters
########
**Offensive Typing Advantage**: Aegislash can easily come in on any of Gardevoir's moves and force it out with Shadow Ball or any Steel-type move. It can also block Hyper Voice through the use of Wide Guard. Gengar will outspeed non-Choice Scarf variants and deal big damage with either Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb. Scizor switches in well and threatens Gardevoir with the power of its STAB Technician-boosted Bullet Punch.

**Speed**: Faster Pokemon are a real issue for Gardevoir, especially physically-based ones such as Terrakion or Garchomp. Priority is also a big problem, especially Scizor's Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird, as both deal heavy damage to Gardevoir.

**Speed Control**: Gardevoir needs to avoid Thunder Wave, as without its Speed it can't survive long due to its mediocre bulk. Under Trick Room, Gardevoir has very little impact on the game, as it can't take hits well and retaliate, so avoiding Trick Room is essential. Icy Wind and Electroweb are also a hindrance to Gardevoir as it can't move first to use its powerful attacks.

**Utility Moves**: There are a plethora of moves that Gardevoir will not want to take. Fake Out is particularly annoying for Choice Scarf sets but can be neutered by Protect on the Mega set. Knock Off makes the Choice Scarf set much less potent, and so it should be avoided at all costs. Wide Guard stops Hyper Voice from affecting the opposing Pokemon, so a partner that can handle Pokemon such as Hitmontop and Aegislash is very useful.

Last edited:
Not QC, but:
You need to split up the overview into a pros and cons section.

I think HP Ground is worthy of a slash in the Mega Waifu set, next to focus blast, for hitting Heatran just as hard as FB without missing.

I think Destiny Bond could deserve a slash on the scarf set, next to psyshock and FB, as a last minute suicide move.

You have 2 set comments label for the scarf set.

I think you forgot to list partners for each set, Pokemon which beat steel types are best.

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ultimathunder we're finished doing previews, pros and cons was only a previews thing this is the proper format

BLOOD TOTEM for the second set you have set comments twice, second one should be additional comments, also add some good teammates for Gard to the ac's, Steel-type Pokemon can be a pain in the butt, Volcarona, and Heatran can help deal with those and help take pressure off Gard, Togekiss can set Tail Wind for it as well as redirect hits

i'd also be very appreciative if you used serious set names.

Laga

Forever Grande
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
IMO the first set name should be Mega Waifu. Everyone calls it that lol...

But the Scarf should probably just be called "Choice Scarf"

dw i'll check this once it's not a WIP =]

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the help, I'll make some changes and hopefully everything will be sorted.
I did intend to change the set names, I just enjoy being a moron when I can.

Laga

Forever Grande
- I don't think you need to mention that it hits through subs in the overview, since the most centralizing Substitute user is Heatran, which Hyper Voice ain't doin nothing to.

- I'd like you to find better team options in general for set 1 - everyone obviously likes the support from FM rachi or kiss, but you need to expand on some team synergy stuff here. Heatran is probably one of the better examples, but you should probably also give Tyranitar a mention, since it resists Ghost and Gardevoir resists Fighting (just a quick example)
- IMO, move HP Ground to OO; I know this is your beloved gem, but it's situational in the fact that it is only used to hit Heatran more reliably. Focus Blast is much better coverage in general, and is also more powerful.
- In mega waifu Set Details, please talk about how the amount of speed control on your team should affect the nature of choice: Modest is great if you have a lot of it, Timid is the obvious choice if not.
- Usage Tips: change Tailwind to speed control in general.

- unslash Timid from the Scarf set - Timid will not OHKO Latios
- unslash Dazzling Gleam from the Scarf set - It is more of a sniper, and srsly it needs to OHKO Latios
- mention Landog in Team Options for the scarf set, it's like literally the best teammate, since it can freely spam EQ, bulldozing Ground-types out of the way.
- Usage Tips for Scarf Gardevoir: write about how it should be used as a way to snipe down fast Dragon- and Fighting-types

Implement all of this, and I am positive you can write a cool analysis BLOOD TOTEM =]

QC 1/3
edit @ below: definitely slash trace. I once faced a Traced Download +SpA mega garde, that shit was fucking scary. NO SUPPORT SET tho lmao that sucks

Last edited:

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
No QC, but you might want to slash Trace on Mega Garde, as it is a situational way to copy things like Intimidate, which is cool. I'd personally also like to see a more support-oriented Mega Garde with WoW and maybe Taunt but that's just me maybe.

def. slash in thunderbolt with focus blast. it's a more reliable move and helps you snipe tornadus, charizard, talonflame (quick guard/follow me support), etc. slash in trace with telepathy as others have said; you're not always gonna be using it with an EQ-er.

Can run Trick Room but the mega form is too fast to make good use of it and the regular form doesn't pack enough punch
^ then why use scarf garde if it isn't strong enough? i mean there are other reasons not to immediately go to garde as a tr setter (super weak to eq/priority, sash is easily broken, etc), but having used gallade in the past as an effective offensive TR user i dont see why something with good coverage with its STAB moves should be written off as 'not strong enough'. also in oo with the support options mention ally switch because dragon immune shenanigans.

BLOOD TOTEM

braine damaged
Made a couple of the alterations, after running a few calcs and discussing in IRC we decided Thunderbolt wasn't really worth it.

Laga

Forever Grande
"we" includes me and pwnemon, in case you were wondering the credibility of the decision to keep t-bolt in OO

Stratos

Banned deucer.
garde is overrated as hell but here goes

mention how it's beaten by most of the tier's priority in the overview

wide guard isn't very necessary imo

remove tbolt slash on scarf

mention in team support that scarf basically needs free switches to be useful, so you want high offensive pressure or things that drag in dragons

in team options make a heavy mention of quick guard since its beat up by priority, notable users being hitmontop, scrafty, talonflame, etc

in oo add in shadow ball for chandelure and neutral damage to steels (minus the missing)

looks p good otherwise, though i am of the opinion that scarf>mega garde

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Before I forget, the QC talked over the move choices on the Scarf Set, and I think we reached a general consensus:

Gardevoir is pretty much spamming Moonblast most of the time. The extra coverage moves are rather circumstantial, and is more often better for its teammates to handle. Will-O-Wisp and Encore offers some nice utility moves for Gardevoir, and these moves can both take advantage of Gardevoir's boosted Speed to support Gardy's teammates. Trick is not a staple move on Gardevoir's Scarf set, since it very much rather keep its Scarf to check faster and dangerous threats.

Under Set Details or Moves, mention HP Ice to nail Landorus-T, and I guess Shaymin-S, which might be useful for certain teams. Also mention Dazzling Gleam over its tertiary moves (not over Moonblast) for some nice spread damage / to bypass Follow Me to hit its usual targets ;D. I guess you can mention Focus Blast for Heatran and non-Chople Ttar

Mizuhime

Did I mistake you for a sign from God?
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This looks good, just remove the mention of Ally Switch, since that move is still bugged on PS despite me bitching about it. So essentially it's a waste and not even worth the mention

Laga

Forever Grande
Mizu told me to check this through and besides the lil comment I made on irc there is nothing I see wrong with this

QC 3/3 (mizu was gonna stamp anyway so)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
BLOOD TOTEM

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########
Gardevoir's excellent Special Attack stat makes it a great choice as an offensive Pokemon. Having access to Fairy-type STAB moves, Gardevoir can be used to slay both the Dragon- and Fighting-type Pokemon which roam the metagame. Mega Gardevoir's Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice dishes out huge damage and is helped further by the fact it is a spread move, meaning it which hits both opposing Pokemon. Gardevoir's low bulk doesn't do it many favors and means that it can't quite get the job done at times, (AC) but, (RC) with smart play, it is enough to at least punch a fairly large hole in your opponent's team. Due to Gardevoir's middling Speed, even as a Mega Pokemon, it often falls just short and can't quite have the desired effect on the game. This problem can be solved through the use of a Choice Scarf set which is excellent for sniping specific threats to support the team. Priority attacks are a real issue to Gardevoir; Fake Out is difficult to play around, especially for the Choice Scarf set, (AC) and Bullet Punch will do serious damage.

Mega Gardevoir
########
ability: Telepathy / Trace -> Pixilate
evs: 4HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe

Moves
========
Hyper Voice has the power to tear straight through threats with middling bulk and can even break through some resisted ones. It is the move Gardevoir will be using most of the time thanks to the damage boost provided by Pixilate, (AC) which essentially gives Gardevoir a free Life Orb boost and, coming off base 165 Special Attack, it hits really hard. Psyshock is there mainly to hit Amoonguss hard but it also helps deal with Pokemon with high Special Defense stats. Focus Blast provides Gardevoir with something to hit Heatran and can even OHKO 252 HP Tyranitar in sand. It does an excellent job of rounding off the great coverage provided by Gardevoir's Fairy-type STAB. Protect is necessary to help keep Gardevoir healthy whilst the other Pokemon on the field handle the things that Gardevoir can't. You may might wish to run Thunderbolt to hit Pokemon such as Talonflame and Tornadus; (SC) it is also useful to hit Mega Charizard Y.

Set Details
========
A Modest nature provides a little extra power, (AC) but a Timid nature is generally the better option to avoid losing out to the many Pokemon that populate the Speed tier Gardevoir finds itself in. A Timid nature is more effective if your team has only a small amount of speed control whereas a Modest nature can be the preferred choice of if your team carries lots of speed control. The recommended ability is Telepathy if your team carries spread moves that would otherwise hit your own Gardevoir; (SC) Trace is the better option if this in not the case and can be very beneficial if an ability such as Download is picked up.

Usage Tips
========
Gardevoir is particularly potent with speed control support such as Tailwind or Icy Wind support. This helps it bypass its middling Speed and helps tear through the enemy's team without having to worry about being outsped. Quick Guard support is useful to increase Gardevoir's longevity as it avoids the priority attacks from many Pokemon, (AC) most notably: (RC) Talonflame, Scizor, Hitmontop, (AC) and Scrafty. Helping Hand is a great option that boosts the power of Gardevoir's Hyper Voice to ridiculous levels and helps it dish out large amounts of damage.

Team Options
========
Jirachi is an excellent teammate with access to Helping Hand, Follow Me, (AC) and Icy Wind, and thus it can support Gardevoir very efficiently. Togekiss is a similar choice which also shines thanks to access to Follow Me and Tailwind. Heatran has both good offensive and defensive synergy with Gardevoir. It resists Steel-type moves that Gardevoir is afraid of and can plow the Pokemon that resist Hyper Voice with Heat Wave. Partners that resist Ghost-type moves are also good. A notable example would be Tyranitar, whose Fighting-type weakness is alleviated by Gardevoir, which who can deal with the majority of the Fighting-types in the tier. Gardevoir's offensive pressure means that partners with setup moves can shine thanks to the free turns provided by the power of a Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice.

Choice Scarf
########
evs: 4 HP / 252 Spa / 252 Spe

Moves
========
Moonblast is the key move for the set and will probably be used most of the time. It lets Gardevoir OHKO popular Dragon-type Pokemon such as Latios and Garchomp whilst also effectively eliminating Fighting-types such as Hitmontop, Scrafty, (AC) and Conkeldurr. Gardevoir's secondary STAB, Psyshock, (AC) hits specially defensive Pokemon harder and helps Gardevoir deal with the odd Poison-type Pokemon such as Gengar or Amoonguss. Will-O-Wisp seems like an odd choice for a Choice Scarf set but it is very useful for the times where Gardevoir can have little impact on the opposing Pokemon. Trick gives Gardevoir the ability to cripple opposing Pokemon and is particularly useful against support-based Pokemon like Hitmontop or Cresselia. Thunderbolt can be used to hit Mega Charizard Y and a few other Pokemon but it falls short of an OHKO. Encore can also be useful to lock targets into a move such as Protect when there is nothing else Gardevoir can do.

Set Details
========
Through the use of a Choice Scarf Gardevoir can outspeed base 127 Speed Pokemon such as Shaymin-Sky. Base 130 Pokemon will not be outsped unless Gardevoir is Timid, but however a Modest nature is important to be able to OHKO the aforementioned Dragon-types. Telepathy is the recommended ability if your team carries spread moves that would otherwise hit Gardevoir; (SC) Trace should be used if you are not carrying these moves. Gardevoir can has access to several other moves, (AC) though they aren't typically as useful as the ones mentioned. Focus Blast hits Heatran and Tyranitar for good damage but the shaky accuracy makes it an undesirable choice. Hidden Power Ice can be used to nail Shaymin-Sky as well as Landorus. You may might also want to run Dazzling Gleam, but however you should not drop Moonblast to run this as it misses out on many OHKOs.

Usage Tips
========
The surprise value of the Choice Scarf is key to eliminating the Dragon-types on the field, (AC) so try to keep it hidden until Gardevoir has an opportunity to abuse it. The use of the Choice Scarf makes Gardevoir excellent for taking down Fighting-types and fast, offensive Dragon-types like Latios and Garchomp. It is difficult to switch Gardevoir in, (AC) so maintaining high offensive pressure is key to giving Gardevoir the opportunities to switch in and cause damage. Baiting in Dragon-types with slower Dragon-types like Kyurem-Black is a nice way to allow Gardevoir to get a free switch-in. To ensure the survival of Gardevoir, you should keep it away from Pokemon with strong priority attacks like Talonflame and Scizor.

Team Options
========
Pokemon like Heatran are good teammates to Gardevoir, as since it resists oncoming Steel-type moves and can KO the Steel-type Pokemon Gardevoir struggles to deal with. Gardevoir clears the path for slower Dragon-types like Kyurem-Black who , (AC) which can shine once its main checks and counters are eliminated. Similarly, Mega Garchomp benefits greatly from Gardevoir's ability to pick off fast Dragon-types. But can't you only use one mega per team? Thanks to Telepathy, Pokemon like Landorus-T and Excadrill can spam spread moves without having to worry about hurting Gardevoir. (period)

Other Options
########
Gardevoir packs a very wide support movepool, (AC) but finds it is better suited to an offensive role. You may might want to run moves such as Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Icy Wind, (AC) or Imprison over one of Gardevoir's coverage options but the above sets tend to be more effective. Gardevoir can just about pull off a Trick Room set but the role is typically better filled by slower, bulkier Pokemon such as Cresselia. Shadow Ball is an option that lets Gardevoir hit Chandelure super effectively and provides neutral damage to Steel-type Pokemon without the miss chance of Focus Blast.

Checks and Counters
########
**Offensive Typing Advantage**: Aegislash can easily come in on any of Gardevoir's moves and force it out with Shadow Ball or any Steel-type move. It can also block Hyper Voice through the use of Wide Guard. Gengar will outspeed non-Choice Scarf variants and deal big damage with either Shadow Ball or Sludge Bomb. Scizor switches in well and threatens Gardevoir with the power of its STAB Technician-boosted Bullet Punch.

**Speed**: Faster Pokemon are a real issue to for Gardevoir, especially those with a physically based bias such as Terrakion or Garchomp. Priority is also a big problem, especially Scizor's Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird, as both deal heavy damage to Gardevoir.

**Speed Control**: Gardevoir needs to avoid Thunder Wave as without its Speed it can't survive long due to it's mediocre bulk. Under Trick Room Gardevoir finds it can have very little impact on the game, (AC) as it can't take hits well and retaliate, (AC) so avoiding Trick Room is essential. Icy Wind and Electroweb support are also a hindrance to Gardevoir since as it can't move first to fire off use its powerful attacks.

**Utility Moves**: There are a plethora of moves that Gardevoir will not want to take. Fake Out is particularly annoying for Choice Scarf sets but can be neutered by Protect by the Mega set. Knock Off makes the Choice Scarf set much less potent, (AC) and so it should be avoided at all costs. Wide Guard stops Hyper Voice from affecting the opposing Pokemon, (AC) so a partner that can handle Pokemon like Hitmontop and Aegislash is very useful.

There were some basic errors here, but those can be fixed easily by looking through the standards!

1/2

Last edited:
Amateur check.

Add
Remove
Comments

Overview
########
Gardevoir's excellent Special Attack stat makes it a great choice as an offensive Pokemon. Having access to Fairy-type STAB moves, Gardevoir can be used to slay both the Dragon- and Fighting-type Pokemon which roam the metagame. Mega Gardevoir's Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice dishes out huge damage and is helped further by the fact that it is a spread move, meaning it hits both opposing Pokemon. Gardevoir's low bulk doesn't do it many favors and means that it can't quite get the job done at times, but with smart play, it is enough to at least punch a fairly large hole in your opponent's team. Due to Gardevoir's middling Speed, even as a Mega Pokemon, it often falls just short and can't quite have the desired effect on the game. This problem can be solved through the use of a Choice Scarf set, which is excellent for sniping specific threats to support the team. Priority attacks are a real issue to Gardevoir; Fake Out is difficult to play around, especially for the Choice Scarf set, and Bullet Punch will do serious damage.

Mega Gardevoir
########

Moves
========
Hyper Voice has the power to tear straight through threats with middling bulk and can even break through some resisted ones. It is the move Gardevoir will be using most of the time thanks to the damage boost provided by Pixilate, which essentially gives Gardevoir the equivalent of a free Life Orb boost and, coming off 165 base Special Attack, it hits really hard. Psyshock is there mainly to hit Amoonguss hard, (AC) but it also helps deal with Pokemon with high Special Defense stats. Focus Blast provides Gardevoir with something to hit Heatran and can even OHKO 252 HP Tyranitar in sand. It also does an excellent job of rounding off the great coverage provided by Gardevoir's Fairy-type STAB. Protect is necessary to help keep Gardevoir healthy whilst the other Pokemon on the field handle the things that Gardevoir can't. You might wish to run Thunderbolt to hit Pokemon such as Talonflame and Tornadus; it is also useful to hit Mega Charizard Y.

Set Details
========
A Modest nature provides a little extra power, but a Timid nature is generally the better option to avoid losing out to the many Pokemon that populate the Speed tier Gardevoir finds itself in. A Timid nature is more effective if your team has only a small amount of speed control whereas a Modest nature can be the preferred choice of if your team carries lots of speed control. The recommended ability is Telepathy if your team carries spread moves that would otherwise hit your own Gardevoir; Trace is the better option if this in is not the case and can be very beneficial if an ability such as Download is picked up.

Usage Tips
========
Gardevoir is particularly potent with speed control support such as Tailwind or Icy Wind (You have an extra space here, so you might want to fix that). This helps it bypass its middling Speed and allows it to helps tear through the enemy's team without having to worry about being outsped. Quick Guard support is useful to increase Gardevoir's longevity, (AC) as it avoids the priority attacks from many Pokemon, most notably Talonflame, Scizor, Hitmontop, and Scrafty. Helping Hand is a great option that boosts the power of Gardevoir's Hyper Voice to ridiculous levels and helps it dish out large amounts of damage.

Team Options
========
Jirachi is an excellent teammate with access to Helping Hand, Follow Me, and Icy Wind, and thus can support Gardevoir very efficiently. Togekiss is a similar choice which also shines thanks to access to Follow Me and Tailwind. Heatran has both good offensive and defensive synergy with Gardevoir. It resists Steel-type moves that Gardevoir is afraid of and can plow through the Pokemon that resist Hyper Voice with Heat Wave. Partners that resist Ghost-type moves are also good. A notable example would be Tyranitar, who's whose Fighting-type weakness is alleviated by Gardevoir, which can deal with the majority of the Ffighting-(There should be a hyphen here, not a space) types in the tier. Gardevoir's offensive pressure means that partners with setup moves can shine thanks to the free turns provided by the power of a Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========
Moonblast is the key move for the this set and will probably be used most of the time. It lets Gardevoir OHKO popular Dragon-type Pokemon such as Latios and Garchomp whilst also effectively eliminating Fighting-types such as Hitmontop, Scrafty, and Conkeldurr. Gardevoir's secondary STAB, Psyshock, hits specially defensive Pokemon harder and helps Gardevoir deal with the odd Poison-type such as Gengar or Amoonguss. Will-O-Wisp seems like an odd Cchoice for a Choice Scarf set, (AC) but it is very useful for the times where Gardevoir can have little impact on the opposing Pokemon. Trick gives Gardevoir the ability to cripple opposing Pokemon and is particularly useful against support-based Pokemon like such as Hitmontop or Cresselia. Thunderbolt can be used to hit Mega Charizard Y and a few other Pokemon, (AC) but it falls short of an OHKO. Encore can also be useful to lock targets into a move such as Protect when there is nothing else Gardevoir can do.

Set Details
========
Through the use of a Choice Scarf Gardevoir can outspeed base 127 Speed Pokemon such as Shaymin-S. With a Timid nature, Gardevoir can outspeed Base 130 Pokemon as well will not be outsped unless Gardevoir is Timid, but a Modest nature is important to be able to OHKO the aforementioned Dragon-types. Telepathy is the recommended ability if your team carries spread moves that would otherwise hit Gardevoir; Trace should be used if you are not carrying these moves. Gardevoir has access to several other moves, though they aren't typically as useful as the ones mentioned. Focus Blast hits Heatran and Tyranitar for good damage but the shaky accuracy makes it an undesirable choice. Hidden Power Ice can be used to nail Shaymin-S as well as Landorus. You might also want to run Dazzling Gleam, but you should not drop Moonblast to run this as it misses out on many OHKOs (Maybe mention some of the more notable OHKOs missed out on?).

Usage Tips
========
The surprise value of the Choice Scarf is key to eliminating the Dragon-types on the field, so try to keep it hidden until Gardevoir has an opportunity to use it. The use of the Choice Scarf makes Gardevoir excellent for taking down Fighting-types and fast, offensive Dragon-types like Latios and Garchomp. It is difficult to switch Gardevoir in, so maintaining high offensive pressure is key to giving Gardevoir the opportunities to switch in and cause damage. Baiting in Dragon-types with slower Dragon-types like Kyurem-B is a nice way to allow Gardevoir to get a free a switch-in. To ensure the survival of Gardevoir, you should keep it away from Pokemon with strong priority attacks such as like Talonflame and Scizor.

Team Options
========
Pokemon like Heatran are good teammates to Gardevoir, as it resists oncoming Steel-type moves and can KO the Steel-type Pokemon Gardevoir struggles to deal with. Gardevoir clears the path for slower Dragon-types like Kyurem-B, which can shine once its main checks and counters are eliminated. Similarly, Mega Garchomp benefits greatly from Gardevoir's ability to pick off fast Dragon-types. Thanks to Telepathy, Pokemon like such as Landorus-T and Excadrill can spam spread moves without having to worry about hurting Gardevoir.

Other Options
########
Gardevoir packs a very wide support movepool, but it is better suited to an offensive role. You may want to run moves such as Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Icy Wind or Imprison over one of Gardevoir's coverage options but the above sets tend to be more effective. Gardevoir can just about pull off a Trick Room set, (AC) but the this role is typically better filled by slower, bulkier Pokemon such as Cresselia. Shadow Ball is an option that lets Gardevoir hit Chandelure super effectively and provides neutral damage to Steel-type Pokemon without the miss chance of Focus Blast.

Checks and Counters
########

**Speed**: Faster Pokemon are a real issue for Gardevoir, especially physically based ones such as Terrakion or Garchomp. Priority is also a big problem, especially Scizor's Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird, as both deal heavy damage to Gardevoir.

**Speed Control**: Gardevoir needs to avoid Thunder Wave, (AC) as without its Speed it can't survive long due to it'(Remove apostrophe)s mediocre bulk. Under Trick Room Gardevoir finds it can have very little impact on the game, as it can't take hits well and retaliate, so avoiding Trick Room is essential. Icy Wind and Electroweb support are also a hindrance to Gardevoir as it can't move first to use its powerful attacks.

**Utility Moves**: There are a plethora of moves that Gardevoir will not want to take. Fake Out is particularly annoying for Choice Scarf sets but can be neutered by Protect by the Mega set. Knock Off makes the Choice Scarf set much less potent, and so it should be avoided at all costs. Wide Guard stops Hyper Voice from affecting the opposing Pokemon, (AC) so a partner that can handle Pokemon, (Remove comma) like Hitmontop and Aegislash is very useful.

Deletions
Additions / Corrections
Comments

Overview
########
Gardevoir's excellent Special Attack stat makes it a great choice as an offensive Pokemon. Having access to Fairy-type STAB moves, Gardevoir it can be used to slay both the Dragon- and Fighting-type Pokemon which roam the metagame. Mega Gardevoir's Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice dishes out huge damage and is helped further by the fact that it is a spread move, meaning it hits both opposing Pokemon. Gardevoir's low bulk doesn't do it many favors and means that it can't quite get the job done at times, but with smart play, it is enough to at least punch a fairly large hole in your opponent's team. Due to Gardevoir's middling Speed, even as a Mega Pokemon when Mega-Evolved, it often falls just short and can't quite have the desired effect on the game. This problem can be solved through the use of a Choice Scarf set which is excellent for sniping specific threats to support the team. Priority attacks are a real issue to Gardevoir; Fake Out is difficult to play around, especially for the Choice Scarf set, and Bullet Punch will do serious damage.

Mega Gardevoir
########

Moves
========
Hyper Voice has the power to tear straight through threats with middling bulk and can even break through some resisted ones. It is the move Gardevoir will be using most of the time thanks to the damage boost provided by Pixilate, which gives Gardevoir the equivalent of a free Life Orb boost, (add comma) and, coming off 165 base 165 Special Attack, it hits really hard. Psyshock is there mainly to hit Amoonguss hard, but it also helps deal with Pokemon with high Special Defense stats. Focus Blast provides Gardevoir with something to hit Heatran and can even OHKO 252 HP Tyranitar in sand. It does an excellent job of rounding off the great coverage provided by Gardevoir's Fairy-type STAB. Protect is necessary to help keep Gardevoir healthy whilst the other Pokemon on the field handle the things that Gardevoir can't. You might wish to run Thunderbolt to hit Pokemon such as Talonflame and Tornadus; it is also useful to hit Mega Charizard Y.

Set Details
========
A Modest nature provides a little extra power, but a Timid nature is generally the better option to avoid losing out to the many Pokemon that populate the Speed tier Gardevoir finds itself in. A Timid nature is more effective if your team has only a small amount of speed control, (add comma) whereas a Modest nature can be the preferred choice if your team carries lots of speed control. The recommended ability is Telepathy if your team carries spread moves that would otherwise hit your own Gardevoir; Trace is the better option if this is not the case and can be very beneficial if an ability such as Download is picked up.

Usage Tips
========
Gardevoir is particularly potent with speed control support such as Tailwind or Icy Wind. This helps it bypass its middling Speed and allows it to tear through the enemy's team without having to worry about being outsped. Quick Guard support is useful to increase Gardevoir's longevity, as it then avoids the priority attacks from many Pokemon, most notably Talonflame, Scizor, Hitmontop, and Scrafty. Helping Hand is a great option that boosts the power of Gardevoir's Hyper Voice to ridiculous levels and helps it dish out large amounts of damage.

Team Options
========
Jirachi is an excellent teammate with access to Helping Hand, Follow Me, and Icy Wind, and thus can that can thus support Gardevoir very efficiently. Togekiss is a similar choice which also shines thanks to access to Follow Me and Tailwind. Heatran has both good offensive and defensive synergy with Gardevoir. It resists Steel-type moves that Gardevoir is afraid of and can plow through the Pokemon that resist Hyper Voice with Heat Wave. Partners that resist Ghost-type moves are also good. A notable example would be Tyranitar, whose Fighting-type weakness is alleviated by Gardevoir, which can deal with the majority of the Fighting-types in the tier. Gardevoir's offensive pressure means that partners with setup moves can shine thanks to the free turns provided by the power of a Pixilate-boosted Hyper Voice.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========
Moonblast is the key move for this set and will probably be used most of the time. It lets Gardevoir OHKO popular Dragon-type Pokemon such as Latios and Garchomp whilst also effectively eliminating Fighting-types such as Hitmontop, Scrafty, and Conkeldurr. Gardevoir's secondary STAB, Psyshock, hits specially defensive Pokemon harder and helps Gardevoir deal with the odd Poison-type such as Gengar or Amoonguss. Will-O-Wisp seems like an odd choice for a Choice Scarf set, but it is very useful for the times where Gardevoir can have little impact on the opposing Pokemon. Trick gives Gardevoir the ability to cripple opposing Pokemon and is particularly useful against support-based Pokemon such as Hitmontop or Cresselia. Thunderbolt can be used to hit Mega Charizard Y and a few other Pokemon, but it falls short of an OHKO. Encore can also be useful to lock targets into a move such as Protect when there is nothing else Gardevoir can do.

Set Details
========
Through the use of a Choice Scarf Gardevoir can outspeed base 127 Speed Pokemon such as Shaymin-S. With a Timid nature, Gardevoir can outspeed base 130 Pokemon as well, but a Modest nature is important to be able to OHKO the aforementioned Dragon-types. Telepathy is the recommended ability if your team carries spread moves that would otherwise hit Gardevoir; Trace should be used if you are not carrying these moves. Gardevoir has access to several other moves, though they aren't typically as useful as the ones mentioned. Focus Blast hits Heatran and Tyranitar for good damage, (add comma) but the shaky accuracy makes it an undesirable choice. Hidden Power Ice can be used to nail Shaymin-S as well as Landorus. You might also want to run Dazzling Gleam, but you should not drop Moonblast to run this as it misses out on many OHKOs, (add comma) such as on Hitmontop, Latios, (add comma) and Garchomp.

Usage Tips
========
The surprise value of the Choice Scarf is key to eliminating the Dragon-types on the field, so try to keep it hidden until Gardevoir has an opportunity to use it. The use of the Choice Scarf makes Gardevoir excellent for taking down Fighting-types and fast, offensive Dragon-types like Latios and Garchomp. It is difficult to switch Gardevoir in, so maintaining high offensive pressure is key to giving Gardevoir the opportunities to switch in and cause damage. Baiting in Dragon-types with slower Dragon-types like Kyurem-B is a nice way to allow Gardevoir to get a free switch-in. To ensure the survival of Gardevoir, you should keep it away from Pokemon with strong priority attacks, (add comma) such as Talonflame and Scizor.

Team Options
========
Pokemon like Heatran are good teammates to Gardevoir, as it resists oncoming Steel-type moves and can KO the Steel-type Pokemon Gardevoir struggles to deal with. Gardevoir clears the path for slower Dragon-types like Kyurem-B, which can shine once its main checks and counters are eliminated. Similarly, Mega Garchomp benefits greatly from Gardevoir's ability to pick off fast Dragon-types. Thanks to Telepathy, Pokemon such as Landorus-T and Excadrill can spam spread moves without having to worry about hurting Gardevoir.

Other Options
########
Gardevoir packs a very wide support movepool, but it is better suited to an offensive role. You may want to run moves such as Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Icy Wind, (add comma) or Imprison over one of Gardevoir's coverage options, (add comma) but the above sets tend to be more effective. Gardevoir can just about pull off a Trick Room set, but this role is typically better filled by slower, bulkier Pokemon such as Cresselia. Shadow Ball is an option that lets Gardevoir hit Chandelure super effectively and provides neutral damage to Steel-type Pokemon without the miss chance of Focus Blast.

Checks and Counters
########

**Speed**: Faster Pokemon are a real issue for Gardevoir, especially physically-based ones such as Terrakion or Garchomp. Priority is also a big problem, especially Scizor's Bullet Punch and Talonflame's Brave Bird, as both deal heavy damage to Gardevoir.

**Speed Control**: Gardevoir needs to avoid Thunder Wave, as without its Speed it can't survive long due to its mediocre bulk. Under Trick Room, (add comma) Gardevoir finds it can have has very little impact on the game, as it can't take hits well and retaliate, so avoiding Trick Room is essential. Icy Wind and Electroweb are also a hindrance to Gardevoir as it can't move first to use its powerful attacks.

**Utility Moves**: There are a plethora of moves that Gardevoir will not want to take. Fake Out is particularly annoying for Choice Scarf sets but can be neutered by Protect by on the Mega set. Knock Off makes the Choice Scarf set much less potent, and so it should be avoided at all costs. Wide Guard stops Hyper Voice from affecting the opposing Pokemon, so a partner that can handle Pokemon such as Hitmontop and Aegislash is very useful.

GP 2 / 2

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)