Gavantula

this guy would have likely made middle/bottom ou last gen, but im not so sure this gen. its a shame, hes one of my favorite new pokemon. i think his best shot in ou is a scarf revenger set, but with new monsterous revengers like scarf shanderaa and scarf ditto (lol, but true), hes gonna have a hard time finding room.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Shit, i was actually gonna use this guy if it has Butterfly Dance. :(

Anyway, i could definitely see a Choice Specs set since IMO it's the best it can offer..

Denchura @ Choice Specs
Modest / Timid
252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Compundeyes
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Energy Ball
- HP Ice

@heroic poke

Do you play in UU? STAB Thunder/bolt, Eleci Ball, Volt Charge, Charge Beam, and Bug Buzz, Energy Ball for coverage, and some potentialy viable gimmick physical moves (pursuit, sucker punch), give him an above average offensive movepool. And he doesn't learn U-Turn.

@doomvendingmachine

With SR's prevalence, his defenses, and his few resistances he wouldn't have made 4th gen OU. 5th gen OU? No way.

@heroic poke

Do you play in UU? STAB Thunder/bolt, Eleci Ball, Volt Charge, Charge Beam, and Bug Buzz, Energy Ball for coverage, and some potentialy viable gimmick physical moves (pursuit, sucker punch), give him an above average offensive movepool. And he doesn't learn U-Turn.
I was discussing him in light of a possible use in OU, but point taken. The reality is that he's just a little too frail for the higher tiers. And I must have read him wrong, I thought Denchura learned U-Turn. O wel.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Sub + Charge Beam can work as a nice offensive set since Counpoundeyes removes the miss change. However you lose coverage/power running Charge Beam and its not looking likely to sweep with mediocre defenses

I think he'll see good usage and his two most popular sets are sure to be some kind of Life Orb set and a support set with Thunderwave and Disable. I'm sure he'll be low OU high UU.

That support set would look something like:
Swarm
Timid
Expert Belt
-Thunderwave
-Disable
-Substitute
-Bug Buzz

Being able to come in as a revenge disable is sure to find use somewhere. Choice Band Ononokuso is on an Outrage rampage? Disable. Crocune has +6 Surf and just wiped out your Infernape? Disable. Two examples is enough, I believe. After you disable you substitute to prepare for a counter attack. Then you start spreading paralysis like the plague and once your HP drops to 1/3 thanks to subs, Bug Buzz becomes deadly. Expert Belt is so you don't kill yourself.

lol @ the butterfly dance hype last page

The Bug/Fire gets it though.
As does the New grass along with sleep powder and non confusion 120 BP Petal Dance :)
And Butterfree :D

Swarm
Timid
Expert Belt
-Thunderwave
-Disable
-Substitute
-Bug Buzz
Disable is pretty cool but a dedicated support set might not cut it - its defenses are thoroughly subpar and as it is it's already struggling to hit hard enough to be a competitive threat. It can be an option on the LO set, however, since it can be used as an attacker as well as an answer to choice users or mono attackers. @ Life Orb with Compoundeyes; Thunder / Bug Buzz / HP still leaves one moveslot hanging, and Disable can fit there.

Besides that, I feel HP Ice is kind of needed on Denchura because without it Gliscor and Zapdos wall it, and I feel both might experience a resurgence this generation.

HP ground Hits fire and rock for SE, the two types he is weak too. Might be better of using thunder anyway. Electric/bug hits everything neutral in terms of mono typing, dual ground types might be a problem, Hp water hits ground, rock and fire for SE and might be useful as well.

A substitute +3 attacks (@ life orb) looks the best considering how limited the movepool is, which also makes swarm + thunderbolt set viable.

With its speed, and relative lack of power, any set without Volt Charge is really under utilizing this guy in my book. He can't take a hit by any means, but spamming a STAB Volt Charge with Specs does quite a bit to many teams, while Energy Ball will stop Grounds, notably Swampert from switching in, with Bug Buzz rounding out coverage, and Thunder being used for late game clean up.

It's a shame he only has Charge Beam to boost his attack.

Volt Change seems really pointless on this guy. I've been using him in my playthrough, and using physical attacks with him is pointless past the elite four.

Bug Buzz
Thunder / Charge Beam
Spider Web
HP Ice or Water / Energy Ball

Is the ideal moveset. Electric/Bug has amazing coverage and HP basically means he can cover almost anything that would want to counter him. Volt Change is so situational, especially since you're not going to be doing much damage to a target you want to switch out from. Spider Web has the possibility of being more potent, stopping baton passing teams or something of that nature.

EDIT: Fixed some stuff on the first set, and added another one.

Rain Dance Sweeper
Denchura @ Damp Rock
Ability: Any
EV's: 4HP / 252SpA / 252Spe
Nature: Modest/Timid
-Rain Dance
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball / HP Ice / Charge Beam / Volt Charge

Since Denchura can learn Rain Dance through the use of TM18, this helps to set up for some destructive attacks. Having Compoundeyes as an ability is slightly redundant for this set, as Rain Dance boosts Thunder's Accuracy up to 100, while also giving it and all other Electric Attacks it can learn a nice power boost. Energy Ball and HP Ice are also viable options, however, Charge Beam can be an acceptable choice for a 4th move, as it will continually raise Denchura's Special Attack to keep destroying everything with Thunder or Bug Buzz, should you decide to use the move. Volt Charge is another good move to use for this set, should your opponent send something out that could potentially OHKO Denchura.

Electra Trapper
Denchura @ Wise Glasses
126 HP / 126 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Timid
-Electra Net / Thunder Wave
-Spider Web
-Electra Ball
-Bug Buzz / Energy Ball / HP Ice

This set allows Denchura to take full advantage of it's new attack: Electra Ball. While Denchura gains a massive boost to it's Speed stat from it's 252 EV's in Speed, Electra Ball's power is solely dependent on how much faster Denchura is than the opponent. This is where Spider Web, Thunder Wave, and Electra Net come in. Spider Web allows Denchura to prevent it's opponent from escaping once they've realized that you're pulling this off. Electra Net significantly lowers the opponent's Speed, but if you wanted to kill their Speed overall, Thunder Wave is a good option over Electra Net. Wise Glasses and 126 EV's in SpA give Electra Ball a good boost in power alongside whatever other move you want to give Denchura. The 126 EV's in HP ensures that Denchura may live a little bit longer than most.

Denchura, a very fine user of Compoundeyes. Bug Buzz, Thunder and HPIce, fine moveset that is. I will be happy when I can use this little guy.

Anyways, Denchura has a base 108Spe letting it out-speed Infernape by one base point, but still out-sped by base 110s, Gengar, sadly.

This thing doesn't learn the Electric-type U-Turn at all? That would make it a little more dangerous if it did.
It can learn Volt Change, the Electric-type U-turn.

With its speed, and relative lack of power, any set without Volt Charge is really under utilizing this guy in my book. He can't take a hit by any means, but spamming a STAB Volt Charge with Specs does quite a bit to many teams, while Energy Ball will stop Grounds, notably Swampert from switching in, with Bug Buzz rounding out coverage, and Thunder being used for late game clean up.

It's a shame he only has Charge Beam to boost his attack.
This does look like a good idea. Electric + Grass only misses out on other Grass types, which Denchura shits on with Bug Buzz.

Denchura@Petaya/Salac Berry
Timid; 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed

Thunder
Bug Buzz
Substitute
Energy Ball

Seems like one of the best sets, IMO. Sub protects it from status, damage, and eases prediction. It being SR weak will help it get into Petaya range (which is preferred to Salac Berry, since Thunder should be dishing out the paralysis). Bug Buzz devastates the likes of Tyranitar, Shaymin, Celebi, and other obstacles, and Energy Ball dismisses Swampert. Simple yet effective, it would probably work best late-game after having switched in once to scout/weaken its counters.

This does look like a good idea. Electric + Grass only misses out on other Grass types, which Denchura shits on with Bug Buzz.

Denchura@Petaya/Salac Berry
Timid; 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Speed

Thunder
Bug Buzz
Substitute
Energy Ball

Seems like one of the best sets, IMO. Sub protects it from status, damage, and eases prediction. It being SR weak will help it get into Petaya range (which is preferred to Salac Berry, since Thunder should be dishing out the paralysis). Bug Buzz devastates the likes of Tyranitar, Shaymin, Celebi, and other obstacles, and Energy Ball dismisses Swampert. Simple yet effective, it would probably work best late-game after having switched in once to scout/weaken its counters.
Great set! The best thing I love about Denchura is that he can abuse STAB Thunders all over the place for high para chances! Not to mention his Bug Buzz STAB and great speed! I'll post the set to my first post.

I think he'll see good usage and his two most popular sets are sure to be some kind of Life Orb set and a support set with Thunderwave and Disable. I'm sure he'll be low OU high UU.

Swarm
Timid
Expert Belt
-Thunderwave
-Disable
-Substitute
-Bug Buzz

Being able to come in as a revenge disable is sure to find use somewhere. Choice Band Ononokuso is on an Outrage rampage? Disable. Crocune has +6 Surf and just wiped out your Infernape? Disable. Two examples is enough, I believe. After you disable you substitute to prepare for a counter attack. Then you start spreading paralysis like the plague and once your HP drops to 1/3 thanks to subs, Bug Buzz becomes deadly. Expert Belt is so you don't kill yourself.
Use Insect Plate or Silver Powder over expert belt if you plan on that set strictly.

If you need expert belt:
My suggestion for this set is to use Volt Change over Substitute.
If it's an SR metagame, this guy will lose enough HP switching in a few times when something on your side goes down.

I can see the set working like this:
Come in on a bander/pseudo-crocune
Disable
Twave the switch-in
VC your way out to the appropriate counter.

When you're down to a few Pokémon, Denchura should've made enough switch-ins to lose enough HP and fire away bug buzz. It's not bulky enough to stay in if running a set without VC.

Dancing Tesla

Denchura@Petaya Berry
Timid; 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 speed

Thunder
Butterfly Dance
Substitute
Bug Buzz

I haven't found all the counters, but off the top of my head, only Rotom Fire, regular rotom, Goruggo (ghost/ground), Gliscor, other Denchura, and blissey can really take the set.

After 1 Butterfly dance, and with 31 in Speed, SpA and SpD evs, his stats hit

SpA - 439.5 (586 if you factor petaya in)

SpD - 234

Speed - 519

Pretty much, if you can set up 2 Dances and the petaya, you can sweep just about anything. Also, IIRC, anything that has whirldwind/roar can be hit with neutral damage.

At first I thought about Energy Ball, but as I continued to look into it, his STAB moves and stat-up moves can more than make up for the resisted damage.

Dancing Tesla

Denchura@Petaya Berry
Timid; 6 HP / 252 SpA / 252 speed

Thunder
Butterfly Dance
Substitute
Bug Buzz

I haven't found all the counters, but off the top of my head, only Rotom Fire, regular rotom, Goruggo (ghost/ground), Gliscor, other Denchura, and blissey can really take the set.

After 1 Butterfly dance, and with 31 in Speed, SpA and SpD evs, his stats hit

SpA - 439.5 (586 if you factor petaya in)

SpD - 234

Speed - 519

Pretty much, if you can set up 2 Dances and the petaya, you can sweep just about anything. Also, IIRC, anything that has whirldwind/roar can be hit with neutral damage.

At first I thought about Energy Ball, but as I continued to look into it, his STAB moves and stat-up moves can more than make up for the resisted damage.
Sadly, it cant learn Butterfly Dance. :(

Use Insect Plate or Silver Powder over expert belt if you plan on that set strictly.

If you need expert belt:
My suggestion for this set is to use Volt Change over Substitute.
If it's an SR metagame, this guy will lose enough HP switching in a few times when something on your side goes down.

I can see the set working like this:
Come in on a bander/pseudo-crocune
Disable
Twave the switch-in
VC your way out to the appropriate counter.

When you're down to a few Pokémon, Denchura should've made enough switch-ins to lose enough HP and fire away bug buzz. It's not bulky enough to stay in if running a set without VC.
I really, really like that. I will certainly keep this is in mind when/if I decide to use Denchura. It certainly works as a psuedo hazer; much like how some Pokemon use Yawn.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
No talk about Agility + Electra Ball? Denchura is one of the 4 pokemon to abuse the combo of Agility + Electra ball, and he's probably the best at doing it.

Denchuraa @ Life Orb
-Agility
-Electra Ball
-Bug Buzz
-Hidden Power Ground

Switch in on something you can scare and set up an agility. You should be fast enough to start dealing noticeable amounts of damage to most pokemon with Electra Ball. Bug Buzz and Hidden Power Ground form your coverage moves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)