Gavantula

Now Guys, Read the whole post before you post. People are saying stuff about Thunder's accuracy and Post sets with Butterfly dance... wish a mod would change the OP, but whatever.

Anyways, I'm that type of guy who likes to study about type effectiveness. I've compiled an (hopefully) accurate list of Pokemon who resist both Electric and Bug.

Big Stuff
Gliscor
Randorosu
Zapdos (Lightningrod)
Magnezone

Small Stuff
Goruugo
Nidoking
Nidoqueen
Rotom-H
Steelix
Doryuuzu
Shedinja

No one cares...
Dialga
Giratina
Reshiram

Hopefully I got everything.

What's the best Hidden Power?

(Only SE, neutral hits on Hidden Powers don't do enough damage)
Ice on bolds. ! at start.
Water on italics. # at start.
Fire on underlines. * at start.

!# Gliscor/Randorosu
! Zapdos
* Magnezone
!# Goruugo
!# Nidoking/Nidoqueen
# Rotom-H
!#* Steelix/Doryuuzu
* Shedinja

Fire is only there for Magnezone and Shedinja. So we don't care about it.

Water or Ice?

Who walls it;
Ice: Magnezone, Rotom-H, Shedinja
Water: Zapdos, Magnezone, Shedinja

One thing to note; Ice scores 4x on Gliscor and Randorosu.

Both are useable; situational depending on your team.

Ice good vs. Dragons and Grounds
Water good against Fires and Grounds

Unless your team is heavily fire weak, use HP Ice.

The most common up there is probably Zapdos. Magnezone comes next. Then Rotom-H (The retyping wasn't too good. but ok). No one cares about Shedinja.

(Seems like I had to do it myself in the end...)

Does that make it too complicated (the asteriks and stuff)

DeagleBeagle

Banned deucer.
What I thought of what choice specs compoundeyes thunder bug buzz volt change and hidden power something, like ground or something, not sure yet, but I dont think ice is really useful since bug buzz or thunder normally does at least neutral to dragons like sazando and dragonite. And bug buzz always does neutral or higher to a grass type. So really I would have to think about the hidden power but the set I use works really great, better than LO since more damage and less recoil, lasts a lot longer in the long run.

!# Gliscor/Randorosu
! Zapdos
* Magnezone
!# Goruugo
!# Nidoking/Nidoqueen
# Rotom-H
!#* Steelix/Doryuuzu
* Shedinja
Why are Steelix and Doryuuzu bolded, when neither of them are hit super effectively by HP Ice?

There's a case for HP Water on Denchura, because the only notable thing you're not hitting is Zapdos and not all of them may run Lightningrod anyway. If Denchura can potentially reach 692 Speed after an Agility then it gets the jump on Doryuuzu in a Sandstorm, potentially making HP Water Denchura a decent Doryuuzu check... though Doryuuzu will have to switch into Denchura. Still, HP Ice does hit Randorosu a lot harder and might prove to be more useful, since HP Water is more situational.

Well I for one feel severely trolled with this guy. He has a great design, great typing and a great ability, but he also has low BST, small movepool and nothing to abuse the awesome ability.

I think that, since he only has 97 base SpA and Compound Eyes, he should have access to more of those powerfull but inaccurate moves.

To me, this little guy could be a monster, that could even make it to OU, if it were to gain access to one (or either) of those:

Focus Blast: many part bug and many part electric learn it, so why not this guy?
Blizzard: that's kind of a stretch but it would be awesome.

Blizz takes care of Gliscor, Randorosu, Zapdos, Goruugo, Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Giratina, while Focus Blast takes of Magnezone, Nattorei, Doryuuzu, Steelix and Heatran.

Well I for one feel severely trolled with this guy. He has a great design, great typing and a great ability, but he also has low BST, small movepool and nothing to abuse the awesome ability.

I think that, since he only has 97 base SpA and Compound Eyes, he should have access to more of those powerfull but inaccurate moves.

To me, this little guy could be a monster, that could even make it to OU, if it were to gain access to one (or either) of those:

Focus Blast: many part bug and many part electric learn it, so why not this guy?
Blizzard: that's kind of a stretch but it would be awesome.

Blizz takes care of Gliscor, Randorosu, Zapdos, Goruugo, Nidoking, Nidoqueen and Giratina, while Focus Blast takes of Magnezone, Nattorei, Doryuuzu, Steelix and Heatran.
I do agree wholeheartedly that we have been trolled hard with this poke. So much potential, such awesome typing, ability, and not to mention he looks badass too. WHY did they have to fuck it up? Now we've got a lesser Jolteon.

If he had Blizzard, Sleep powder, BFD, or at least 110 spatk then we'd have a monster.

GG GF, GG.

Herpity derp, 90+ acc. THUNDER?

People are burning bridges with this guy too easily I feel.

First of all pokemon in this gen have smaller movepools, its just a trend. You can see it just from looking at the starters and the legendaries. My guess is its meant to offset the power creep. I really wish people would stop Bawwing about it. If a pokemon gets great coverage with 3 moves but doesn't learn anything else, so what?

Bug Buzz/Thunder/Energy Ball gets fantastic coverage... to my knowledge no single type resists all 3. Two of those get STAB boosts and Thunder gets a boost from compound eyes, and this guy is fast. He may not make OU, but in UU I think he'll be awesome. Granted I guess nobody cares about UU. -_-

I'm guessing that the 3rd version will have a somewhat vast amount of move tutors. Limited movepools are just temporary, I'm sure of it. :P

The three sets in the OP all kind of seem like they're basically the same with minimal or ineffective changes. :0 Why not just make one Life Orb set that looks like:

- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- HP Ice / Energy Ball
- Volt Change / Substitute
I don't see Thunder Wave as being a very effective option on it, since it's already quite fast and doesn't have the bulk to abuse Thunder Wave. We also know for a fact it doesn't get Butterfly Dance.... it's not a Butterfly. >__> The only Pokemon that's not a Butterfly that gets it is that one Grass thing that looks like Bellossom. And Spider Web isn't that great an option on him, as he doesn't get Baton Pass.

Choice items are also probably a good option for this guy.

Denchura @ Choice Scarf / Specs
Modest Nature
4 / 252 / 252 sweeper build
- Thunder
- Bug Buzz
- Volt Change
- HP Ice / Energy Ball

This pokemon has a nice movepool and usable sweeping stats, but it's lack of bulk and weakness to stealth rock can really hinder it against revenge killers and limit it's switch ins. Rotom-H can completely wall it, so if faced against it it's really a pick your poison situation where you either switched and get hurt by rocks when you come back in or be demolished by Overheat. But it has a nice design, and compoundeyes along with STAB thunder is really a great combo.

i like this guy, but i hate electra ball. the metagame is completely speed focused. gyro ball has guaranteed high power on slower pokes because of how common fast pokemon are. electra ball doesn't have that luxury. also: why HP grass on the life orb sweeper? why not energy ball?...

Just further evidence GF loves to troll us, Thunder is the only useful move this thing gets with less than perfect accuracy.

Just further evidence GF loves to troll us, Thunder is the only useful move this thing gets with less than perfect accuracy.
Bug buzz and energy ball have never felt more crappy(volt change is good too) mr.spider doesn't really even need that much considering he gets goodish coverage with three moves.

Wow, he's pretty cool. He'll do good on a rain team w/ Thunder.

Just comments like that make you wonder how common weather will be in BW...

Back to Denchura, a Baton Pass to him would be a great idea too; he can take advantage of it.

Just made my first gen 5 team, its a pretty rough team, but Denchura is on it, and my god is he a fucking beast, if used correctly I usually get around 1-3 kills with him.

I am currently using the set with Thunder, Bug Buzz, Energy Ball, and Sucker punch from the Denchura thread in C&C

!# Gliscor/Randorosu
! Zapdos
* Magnezone
!# Goruugo
!# Nidoking/Nidoqueen
# Rotom-H
!#* Steelix/Doryuuzu
* Shedinja

Fire is only there for Magnezone and Shedinja. So we don't care about it.

Water or Ice?

Who walls it;
Ice: Magnezone, Rotom-H, Shedinja
Water: Zapdos, Magnezone, Shedinja

One thing to note; Ice scores 4x on Gliscor and Randorosu.

Both are useable; situational depending on your team.

Ice good vs. Dragons and Grounds
Water good against Fires and Grounds

Unless your team is heavily fire weak, use HP Ice.

The most common up there is probably Zapdos. Magnezone comes next. Then Rotom-H (The retyping wasn't too good. but ok). No one cares about Shedinja.

(Seems like I had to do it myself in the end...)

Does that make it too complicated (the asteriks and stuff)
You also forgot to include HP Ground for guaranteed kills against Heatran w/out Balloon and Magnezone, two Pokemon this little guy has trouble with.

I feel as though Denchura is going to be a fairly stellar Pokemon that gets ignored in favour of more potent threats until move tutors come along down the road. If he ever gets Zap Cannon, depending on how high the accuracy is, I'll suspect to see this thing everywhere.

even with compound eyes zap cannon only gets 65 acc with wide lens + compound eyes its 71 acc

so still fairly unreliable should it ever get zap cannon.

I'm the type of person that'd probably set it loose on paracrippled teams and rape with that 150 STAB ElecBall, but things might not always go as planned. CompoundEyes Thunder is still pretty sick, but I'm wondering whether the 30% is treated as 70+30 or 70+21 (not much of a difference, but Rock Slide's screwed me over at what, 90-95% accuracy?)

NU? Seriously? UU would be reasonable, but...

Anyways, Denchura, although sporting a low BST, it is fairly well distributed. He also has a decent typing, although Stealth Rock weak. Energy ball is fairly weak without STAB though, and is only good to cover Ground types and sometimes, Rock types. Oh, and that Swampert. Now let's think of a last move.

Hidden Power
Sucker Punch
Thunder Wave
Agility
Charge Beam

Actually, some of these are better than Energy Ball. Consider replacing it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)