Other Gen 6 Offensive Duo's/Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.
We all know about the popular defensive cores namely, VenuTran, SkarmBliss/Chans, ChansBro, but what offensive combo's can help take down these pesky, hard to beat cores? Well that is what I want to know. I will put a few duo's that are popular this gen, or take down huge defensive threats. Also, share your favorite duo's below. Keep in mind that we are talking MOSTLY duo's. Feel free to share, and here are some of my favorite duo's in the Gen 6 meta.

upload_2014-2-17_16-11-36.jpegupload_2014-2-17_16-12-52.jpeg
CubeZard (Or Duo-Drag)
Kyurem-Black and Mega Charizard X

These two together destroy a lot of threats. I only use LO mixed Cube, but scarf works as well. As long as we are talking about Cube, lets talk about what things that it 1-2HKO's. Heatran, Mega Venusaur, Rotom-W, Mandibuzz, the list goes on. A lot of people last gen said that Cube's movepool limited him last, but mixed it very vital this gen. Cube's ability, however, is the reason it is so good this gen. Teravolt is basically Mold Breaker, just with a more badass name. It allows Cube to 2HKO Rotom-Wash with LO powered Earth Power. It also ignores the Thick Fat on Mega Venusaur and allows for LO and STAB powered Ice Beam to 2HKO. This thing alone destroys VenuTran. Unless it is ScarfTran. (I'm looking at you Wiz >.>)
Enough of Cube. Lets get to the Beast known as Zard X. This thing with two Dragon Dance's up is incredibly dangerous. It 2HKO's Specially Defensive Rotom-W with... wait for it... Fire Punch. Good luck trying to switch in on this thing with anything that isn't Azumarill or something Scarfed and with Earthquake. Its great typing and bulk also allows it to get up at least one Dragon Dance. (BTW, +1 EQ 2HKO's Azumarill sooo there's that)

upload_2014-2-17_16-38-35.jpegupload_2014-2-17_16-39-29.jpeg

Duo-Birds
Talonflame and Staraptor

This is what I like to call the "Floppy Birds" duo. Besides being a really bad pun, it really describes them both pretty well. They are both Very frail, but when they are in, they can really put down a lot of Poke's. However, unlike Zard X and Cube, these guys need a TON of support. They need a Defogger/Spinner to clear rocks for both, but mostly Tflame. Then you need a Cleric to clear burns from Raptor just in case, a Wish passer that can remedy Tflame's as well as Raptor's rocks damage, and then two other Poke's that are Sponges. Otherwise, Tflame has STAB Priority Brave Bird that can really put a dent in a lot of things. However, Tflame's x4 weakness to Stealth Rocks and his main STAB moves having to be Flare Blitz and Brave Bird, it is going to mow through HP quickly. Tflame is also walled by pretty much every Rock type. However, Close Combat from Staraptor can really take out those threats easily. Staraptor also mows through HP. It usually uses Reckless with Brave Bird and Double Edge for STAB, Close Combat for coverage, and Roost to heal on switches. So this combo can be effective, but it can't be run fully effectively unless you have support behind it.

That is pretty much it from me. But I want to here from you guys. What are your thoughts on these two duo's? What are the offensive duo's you are waiting to share with everyone? Leave it below.

P.S. This is one of my first posts, I'm new to Smogon so sorry if this already out there. If you don't know who I am, which is pretty likely, I am a frequent contributor to OU chat, and am very open to new teams/cores. Anyways, let me know anything I should do to the post or something for future posts.
Thanks,
blonde23

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)