Gen 7 Development Repository Leak Discussion

I can't remember if I posted it on this site, but here is something I said on another Pokemon board a while back when someone asked if they ever planned XY follow-up games:

"There are plenty of things in the coding showing that there was going to be a 2nd pair of Kalos games

-In the coding of Gen VI and Gen VII games, there are two unused Game-of-Origin identifiers(every single game has their own marker, the only ones that share one are Colosseum and XD since they weren't made by Gamefreak). If you hack a Pokemon to be from either of these two games, they will not only have the pentagon symbol, indicating a Gen VI titles, they will also both say the Pokemon was from Kalos

-In the Gen VI games' coding, not only do Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves exist, but there is also 2 flags for additional Zygarde forms, similar to how Sun and Moon had a flag for a 3rd Lycanroc.

Looking at these, I will say something that is purely speculation on my part:

-Kalos was originally going to have a pair of follow-up games whether they were enhanced versions like USUM or sequels like B2W2 is up to your imagination
-Each version would have its own exclusive new zygarde form, most likely different from the 10%/100% we got in the end
-Each of those forms would get one of those two Thousand ________ moves, which Land's Wrath transformed into, similar to Kyurem and Glaciate.
-At some point they instead decided to do the 10%/100% forms, which then appeared in the Gen VI anime. Whether or not this meant that we would get one follow up instead of two like originally planned or if by then it was already decided that they would have to make Gen VII instead when both forms were first designed is unknown. "

Last edited:

Ropalme1914

Ace Poker Player
is a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Also a "Red" model that looks more like a protagonist than a NPC. I personally think that one wouldn't be actually Red due to his face and hair, but a player characters that was purposefully made to look like him, like Chase is on Let's GO, since SM was the 20 years anniversary game and the protagonist does come from Kanto in the story too.

So the sneaking suspicion in the community that the Kalos sequel/s were scrapped in favor of a new gen for the 20th anniversary were true.

Also explains the random Zygarde Quest in Alola. Looking forward to more news as this gets unpacked and sorted.
And don't forget Ash Greninja ... We all know that Z or X2 Y2 was cancelled and they launched a new generation for 20th anniversary

The leak is pretty digestible, though not everything is around apparently. With the history of development at hand, there are interesting changes to be unveiled.

(btl_BossBattle) Lusamine once had a Blissey rather than Bewear.
EDIT: This boss powerup table was once populated with the Beasts all with Defence boosts.
1602967878500.png

(btl_FormChange) Wishiwashi's Schooling ability went through some level changes, originally requiring max HP and level 30. The level requirement was further changed from 33, to 25, to the 20 we know today.
1602967980262.png

EDIT: One iteration of Wishiwashi's Schooling has mentions of the 25% HP threshold being compared to the real HP percentage multiplied by a value that would scale by level, but all that was made were placeholders.
1603044596051.png

(hand_waza) I think this means Mimikyu's Z-move had a planned -1 to all stats effect, but the relevant code is ultimately ignored in the final file. I remember that the move datamine at the time mentioned it having some unique effect ID.
1602969048308.png

* ぜんりょくじゃれつく
* 相手の全能力を1段階下げるZENRYOKUZYARETUKU

I'll probably edit this post later.

EDIT:
Rayquaza is basically referred to as Rayquaza_Delta in the list of Megas, same for the ORAS legends. Ultra Necrozma was added once, but ultimately removed.

Last edited:
And don't forget Ash Greninja ... We all know that Z or X2 Y2 was cancelled and they launched a new generation for 20th anniversary
I think its a little more complicated than that... remember when Nintendo began merging the handheld and console departments? I think they had to start prepping for the NX, which we know as Switch, years in advance. So zygarde was unfortunately plopped into 7th gen and they had to abandon the kalos project to prepare for a handheldless future.

AI trainer decision-making process for Z-moves is to evaluate their regular moves first, without taking into account the existence of a Z-crystal. Then, if the move that wins that survey anyway is a move that it can legally upgrade to a Z-move...
  • if that move is a move your currently active Pokemon at the start of the turn is immune to (only possible if you completely wall them), there's a 0% chance that it clicks the Z button to go with the move
  • if you resist the move, there's a 25% chance that it goes for Z
  • if it's a neutral move, there's a 75% chance of getting upgraded
  • if it's super effective, there's an 80% chance, identical to the ratio I found during testing (all of which was done via mock battles where I led Crobat or Greninja vs. Raikou, so in every case they saw they had a super effective move and my testing never encompassed the other cases)
If you remember finding Hex Maniac Mara deploying an illegal team with multiple Iron Balls back in Maison Triples, even when the possibility for a legal team existed, the relevant code is: roll team members one at a time, comparing them to the ones that have already been chosen. Accept an unlimited number of rerolls to avoid violating species clause, but only a maximum of 50 rerolls to avoid violating item clause--at that point, if you've kept rolling duplicate items, just stick with the last one and accept the violation. Obviously there's no more triples here, and a vastly lower chance of ever getting that limitation to come up, but it's still in the code and remains a theoretical possibility.

Oddly, the way they handle potential item clause violations in Battle Royal is different, and would become the basis for how they do it in the Galar tower. Instead of rerolling the set, keep it but give it a different item. The first item collision on a team will have its item changed to Sitrus Berry, a second collision to Focus Sash, and in the extremely rare case of a third collision, that gets a Lum Berry.

Oddly, the way they handle potential item clause violations in Battle Royal is different, and would become the basis for how they do it in the Galar tower. Instead of rerolling the set, keep it but give it a different item. The first item collision on a team will have its item changed to Sitrus Berry, a second collision to Focus Sash, and in the extremely rare case of a third collision, that gets a Lum Berry.
I have to ask, do they actually check if the duplicate item is not itself a Sitrus Berry, Focus Sash, or Lum Berry?

So uhhh... anyone know if The Cutting Room Floor or Helix Chamber are aware of this? This doesn't seem to spreading anywhere near as wide as the DP beta was. Wonder why that is.
Lack of new Pokemon if I had to guess. Likewise, the DP Beta got way more traction than the RSE beta just because of the pokmon; I'd say most of the interesting stuff from looking through the code never permeated outside of dedicated communities. Incidentally Platinum's code leaked out a while ago and literally no one talks about it.

Helix Chamber in particular has basically gone silent over the yapst year and they were already kind of infrequently updated anyway. Kind of get the vibe they're dead; it was mostly hobby work for them anyway

& TCRF doesnt need to put out a big statement this time probably because its old hat and, again, lack of huge new stuff. No doubt this stuff will make its way there regardless

Something that might be of interest to TCRF:

MONSNO_BIISUTOr = 793,
MONSNO_BIISUTOy = 794,
MONSNO_BIISUTOb = 795,
MONSNO_BIISUTOg = 796,
MONSNO_BIISUTOp = 797,
MONSNO_BIISUTOi = 798,
MONSNO_BIISUTOo = 799,
Nihilego evidently had a development codename of "Beast Red", then Buzzwole was "Beast Yellow", Pheromosa "Blue", Xurkitree "Green", Celesteela "Purple", Kartana "Indigo", and Guzzlord "Orange". This might have been intended to have some tie-in with the colors of Necrozma's prism.

Something that might be of interest to TCRF:

Nihilego evidently had a development codename of "Beast Red", then Buzzwole was "Beast Yellow", Pheromosa "Blue", Xurkitree "Green", Celesteela "Purple", Kartana "Indigo", and Guzzlord "Orange". This might have been intended to have some tie-in with the colors of Necrozma's prism.
Might have just been thematic very early planning but I wonder if there's any designs of the UBs that actually use these colors before they shifted ideas.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So let's compare the Melemele Maps:

(here's a bigger image of the above map)

We'll start in Iki Town and work out way around:
  1. Iki Town isn't in the middle of the island, instead it looks to be where Route 3's South section is in the final game, right next to Kala'e Beach. In addition Iki Town was going to be more developed or at least have more building. Infact it look like what we know as Route 1 in the final game doesn't exist.
  2. That brings us to the most notable change: apparently there was going to be a paved road that went a full circle around Melemele Island (and also in the middle). In the final game there's only one lone paved road which extends from the Trainer School to the end of Hau'oli City (where Route 2 starts which becomes dirt path again), and there's no path of any kind in the middle of the island. Iki Town would have had a paved road between it and Kala'e Beach (though to get to Iki Town you needed to go onto a dirt path). This road leads to where the East section of Route 1 and it looks to be a developed town. Infact all down the East side of Melemele Island there's a lot more buildings where in the final game it's only the player's house and Kukui's Lab. Was it intended for the player's house to be located in a small town (it did always seem strange the player's house was all alone)?
  3. Going down to Hau'oli Outskirts, there looks to be two level of beaches? A tan colored patch where there's buildings and a dirt path (which leads into Ten Carat Hill) and then a orange patch. In the final game the tan patch is covered in plants & Kukui's Lab is directly on the beach, but this maybe hints that Kukui's Lab may have been placed on this higher beach area (his lab is likely one of the buildings right next to the entrance of Ten Carat Hill).
  4. The two islands in Melemele Sea next to Hau'oli Outskirts aren't there, instead there's this dark blue patch surrounded by a blue patch. Also this part of Melemele Sea is not connect to the part of Melemele Sea which spans from a beach around Ten Carat Hill that's not in the final game (except for a small batch to the side of it) to Hau'oli City's beachfront.
  5. I'm going to assume the red buildings are Pokemon Centers (and orange buildings are important locations; BTW Iki Town also had a Pokemon Center and a few orange buildings). Going up the road into Hau'oli City, we see there was going to be some buildings and other structures overlooking the Beachfront. Infact, the Beachfront is completely cut off, only connected to the beach area around Ten Carat Hill by their bit of Melemele Sea. Also the road right next to the Beachfront is the one that leads to the Marina with no roads deeper in the city connecting to it, in the final game the paved path leading to the Marina goes all the way to the other end of the city and loops around (though there is a shortcut through a tall grass gated area, none of which seem to exist on the beta map).
  6. Not sure what the yellow buildings are supposed to be, maybe just bigger notable buildings? Also Hau'oli City has a different arrangement then it does in the final game.
  7. Route 2 has beach areas. Early part of Route 2 also had some buildings built alongside it, and Hau'oli Cemetery isn't there (or at least in the location where it is in the final game). Traveling up we reach where the Motel, Berry Fields, and Guzma's House is there's more buildings and possibly a Pokemon Center (note Hau'oli City's 2nd Pokemon Center is not there, seems like originally it appeared here and in the final game was likely pushed back to Hau'oli City so it wasn't so close to the Pokemon Center next to Verdant Cavern). The long orange building maybe Berry Fields (since that's where a scripted encounter with Team Skull is)?
  8. The brown shapes are likely mountains/cliffs, a landscape that was later pushed to appear on Route 3. Going back a bit, as mentioned there are paved roads in the middle of Melemele Island which has roads connected it to the main one in Hau'oli City. I only mention this because there's this lone building right next to the third brown shape and looks like the only way to access that building was via the middle island paved road. Now back to Route 2 leading up to Verdant Cavern.
  9. The Pokemon Center and entrance to Verdant Cavern looks to be where Route 3 is in the final game along with more buildings (including an orange building). Infact there looks to be ports there too, meaning it was possibly lower to the water where in the final game it was high above the sea level.
  10. Finally there's just this long stretch of paved road which leads over a bridge and back down to Iki Town/Kala'e Bay. Note that there's no "water area" for Kala Bay, the only indication of it is there's beach there though there's no beach area before the bridge where there is in the final game. Also no hint of Melemele Meadow's entrance.
So, what can we speculate from all this? Well, in order to fit all these extra buildings Melemele Island would have needed to be bigger. But otherwise I don't see why the story couldn't have played out as it did in the final games, all the required landmarks are there. And I'm going to guess this version of Melemele Island only exists as this beta map, they probably worked out the details and remolded the island, it's landscape, and the shape of cities & towns (which includes outright getting rid of a few settlements) way before they actually began modelling the island. I wouldn't be surprised it was included just for testing purposes for the Town Map before the actual map of Melemele Island was finalized.

-Beta Red? Could also be a scrapped default look for the player character
Wouldn't be surprised it was just a placeholder model for the player.

... That OR this was originally going to be the model of Red they were going to use probably until a staff member pointed out "hey, shouldn't Red like 20 years older now?". (Actually, that's kind of a plot hole in Masters. The Red and Blue in Masters are still teenagers/young adults but the Alolan characters would know both of them as being 30+ years old)

Interesting stuff. Wonder what people will do with this...wait...why are you looking at me? I know I made an Ultra Moon hack....yes...but what?! You want me to use the source code to make a better hack?! Are you absurd!? Wait....you are! Stop forcing meeeeeeeeeeee! Helllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppppppppppp! (I guess I wasn't seen for a while. More seriously, I don't feel like redoing things in that hack. I know the source code could help to an absolutely outrageous degree (like, nothing could be better) to make it better, but I don't feel like going through all that effort again.)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Lack of new Pokemon if I had to guess. Likewise, the DP Beta got way more traction than the RSE beta just because of the pokmon; I'd say most of the interesting stuff from looking through the code never permeated outside of dedicated communities. Incidentally Platinum's code leaked out a while ago and literally no one talks about it.

Helix Chamber in particular has basically gone silent over the yapst year and they were already kind of infrequently updated anyway. Kind of get the vibe they're dead; it was mostly hobby work for them anyway

& TCRF doesnt need to put out a big statement this time probably because its old hat and, again, lack of huge new stuff. No doubt this stuff will make its way there regardless
Yeah, sounds about right. That said it looks like right now the big thing is the indisputable, 100%-guaranteed proof that some variation of "Pokemon Z" was indeed in the works.

A news article here...

...and a trending Reddit post there

e3: egg group code names

i'm pretty sure the official guides and such use "water 1/2/3" which is kind of weird knowing how distinctly they're referred to internally
Looking at the Pokémon in each group, Water 1 is pretty clearly "general aquatic animals" and Water 2 is obviously for fishy Pokémon. Water 3 is harder to pin down; "crustacean" is a good general term but it seems to encapsulate most older aquatic animals (and even some that aren't currently aquatic, like the Skorupi line). The oddest one in Water 3 is easily Archen, which may just be an oversight after putting Tirtouga in it.

Looking at the Pokémon in each group, Water 1 is pretty clearly "general aquatic animals" and Water 2 is obviously for fishy Pokémon. Water 3 is harder to pin down; "crustacean" is a good general term but it seems to encapsulate most older aquatic animals (and even some that aren't currently aquatic, like the Skorupi line). The oddest one in Water 3 is easily Archen, which may just be an oversight after putting Tirtouga in it.
Well, a few Pokemon did get their Egg groups changed in SWSH (Hawlucha and Gardevoir for example), so maybe Archen will have its Egg Group changed too?

So XY were indeed supposed to have Follow Ups. Well, that's a bit upsetting to hear. I thought XY were like Diamond and Pearl, both games with huge flaws, but were very enjoyable in the end, but their flaws make them still fun games to play, though their flaws become more noticeable. However, Diamond and Pearl had a 3rd version to fix their flaws, XY didn't. Which sad, because while I don't have the highest opinions on XY, I really did enjoy Kalos as a region. A third version could have been what we needed to fix their flaws, but alas the 20th Anniversary was far more important. :puff:

Anyway does anyone know what HOLOHOLO is?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
-Each version would have its own exclusive new zygarde form, most likely different from the 10%/100% we got in the end
-Each of those forms would get one of those two Thousand ________ moves, which Land's Wrath transformed into, similar to Kyurem and Glaciate.
-At some point they instead decided to do the 10%/100% forms, which then appeared in the Gen VI anime. Whether or not this meant that we would get one follow up instead of two like originally planned or if by then it was already decided that they would have to make Gen VII instead when both forms were first designed is unknown. "
I call the "each version getting an exclusive Zygarde form" into question mainly due to the anime only showing off 10%, 50%, and Perfect (and Core and Cell). In order to incorporate Zygarde into the anime's plot and show off its forms they would have to be told mostly everything about their plans with Zygarde early on. 10% and Perfect were planned from the start, and I don't think they would have kept back two "75% forms".

That said, I could maybe see the "Thousand X" moves being version exclusives, likely Zygarde learning it just before the player battled Yveltal & Xerneas: Thousand Arrows for Yveltal and Thousand Waves for Xerneas.

Also a "Red" model that looks more like a protagonist than a NPC. I personally think that one wouldn't be actually Red due to his face and hair, but a player characters that was purposefully made to look like him, like Chase is on Let's GO, since SM was the 20 years anniversary game and the protagonist does come from Kanto in the story too.
Another possibility. Wouldn't mind if they let us buy clothing so we can dress up as the other in-game characters (and also Trainer Classes). YES, YES, I know they're letting us do that now via the DLC, but I think it should be something in-game already and DLC would add in clothing for characters from the other games.

We all know that Z or X2 Y2 was cancelled and they launched a new generation for 20th anniversary
I'd like to think they would have called the game XZ and YZ. :blobuwu:

(btl_BossBattle) Lusamine once had a Blissey rather than Bewear.
1602967878500.png

(btl_FormChange) Wishiwashi's Schooling ability went through some level changes, originally requiring max HP and level 30. The level requirement was further changed from 33, to 25, to the 20 we know today.
1602967980262.png

(hand_waza) I think this means Mimikyu's Z-move had a planned -1 to all stats effect, but the relevant code is ultimately ignored in the final file. I remember that the move datamine at the time mentioned it having some unique effect ID.
1602969048308.png
Well I'm glad to swapped Blissey for Bewear so that +1 in Defense at least didn't go to waste (looks at Milotic with +1 in Attack, it's lowest stat and only Physical attack is Flail). Of course I guess that doesn't excuse them for then not swapping Milotic's +1 Attack with Bewear's +1 Defense. Actually, there's some interesting tidbits about her original team and why they may have added Bewear. First, none of her Pokemon are from Gen VII, swapping in Bewear gave her that. Also, without Bewear, her entire team was pretty much Special focused (though they could have given Clefable the +1 Attack and had it use Play Rough).

Schooling needing to always be at max HP :blobastonished: (though Totem Wishiwashi holding a Sitrus Berry and having a Heal Pulse Alomomola SOS seem more obvious). Wonder why they went up to 33 before starting to move downwards. Since Wishiwashi was the Totem Pokemon for Lana's Trial in vanilla SM, maybe this is evidence of them figuring out what order would you battle the Akala Captains in. With those high levels maybe they were thinking of making Lana the last of the three trials, I can only imagine they maybe changing their mind because a Wishiwashi at those levels was too strong so, wanting to keep Wishiwashi as the Totem Pokemon, finally decided on making her the first one you faced.

Sounds like they wanted to make Mimikyu's Z-Move the opposite of Kommo-o's, though maybe with how strong Kommo-o's turned out they decided against it (though a major debuff to a heavily damaged opponent I don't think would have been as broken as a self buff).

AI trainer decision-making process for Z-moves is to evaluate their regular moves first, without taking into account the existence of a Z-crystal. Then, if the move that wins that survey anyway is a move that it can legally upgrade to a Z-move...
  • if that move is a move your currently active Pokemon at the start of the turn is immune to (only possible if you completely wall them), there's a 0% chance that it clicks the Z button to go with the move
  • if you resist the move, there's a 25% chance that it goes for Z
  • if it's a neutral move, there's a 75% chance of getting upgraded
  • if it's super effective, there's an 80% chance, identical to the ratio I found during testing (all of which was done via mock battles where I led Crobat or Greninja vs. Raikou, so in every case they saw they had a super effective move and my testing never encompassed the other cases)
So what's the reason for Hau suddenly turning heel on you in Aether Paradise/Battle Tree when he has a Primarina?

Very interesting, especially since if they reworked the color order it could have made a bit more sense: Buzzwole is Red, Guzzlord has a lot of Yellow to it, Celesteela could be seen as Green, and Kartana has orange parts to it. That just leaves Nihilego, Xurkitree, and Pheromosa and the colors blue, purple, and indigo which I think under the right justification could be applied to any of them (I would go Blue for Nihilego, Indigo for Pheromosa, and Purple for Xurkitree). Not saying that might have been an attempt in order to save the theme before discarding it, but just something I noticed.

talent power........
I'm more hung up on "WAZAPP Upcount" and "Nade Power"? Also Coolness is called "Style" in the code, and when did they ever use the "hair gloss" counter for?

i'm pretty sure the official guides and such use "water 1/2/3" which is kind of weird knowing how distinctly they're referred to internally
Well the thing is even the codenames they use don't quite describe some of the Egg Groups "odd" inclusions:

Insect: Should be obvious, not all Bug-types are based on insects. Though this is relatively a minor one as I do think there are other instances where they use "insect" as a fancier name for bugs in general.
Bird: Ah yes, my favorite bird Pokemon are the Zubat family, Woobat family, Noivern family, and Aerodactyl. Don't have those pesky feathers or beaks. "Technically dinosaurs are birds" Well I certainly know bats aren't so my point still stands.
Animals: Welp, I guess Insects, Birds, Crustaceans, and Fish no longer count as animals. Vegetarians and Vegans would be happy to hear that.
Plants: Okay, this isn't on here because it doesn't make sense, it's on here because it makes more sense then the official name of the Egg Group which is "Grass". Seriously, why in 20+ years haven't we changed the Grass-type and Grass Egg Group to Plant-type and Plant Egg Group? We don't even have a Pokemon based on grass!
Crustacean: Ah yes, my favorite crustacean Pokemon are Tentacool family, Shellder family, Staryu family, Lileep family, Omanyte family, Kabuto family, Corsola family, Skorupi family... why the f*** are Tirtouga and Archen here? Is it because their Fossil Pokemon? Really GF? Anyway, aside from Tirtouga and Archen, a better name for the group would probably be "Invertebrate".

And I'm going to guess this version of Melemele Island only exists as this beta map, they probably worked out the details and remolded the island, it's landscape, and the shape of cities & towns (which includes outright getting rid of a few settlements) way before they actually began modelling the island. I wouldn't be surprised it was included just for testing purposes for the Town Map before the actual map of Melemele Island was finalized.
It's not a complete map, but you can see some of the planned differences, including in Iki Town.

Also for some reason there was a statue of Xerosic in the middle of Iki Town (maybe a placeholder for a scrapped Hala statue?):

And some other stuff while I'm looking down the rabbit hole:

1. There's a list of Mythical Pokemon in SM's code which didn't have Deoxys on it but had Phione.
2. Reason why Kadabra didn't learn Confusion when it evolved in SM v1.
3. There were a few things they had to hardcode with Pokemon Refresh:
4. It was at one point considered to give each Elite Four member their own theme variation.

Anyway does anyone know what HOLOHOLO is?
It's the codename for Pokemon GO.

SPEAKING OF CODENAMES! We got the one for all the Gen VII Pokemon!

Some of the more interesting ones (a reminder, the codename is used for the whole family, they'd just put a number on the end when they're referring to the middle (2) or final (3) stage):
  • Pikipek is "Beak", makes sense though just funny how blunt it feels.
  • Crabrawler is specifically called "Coconut Crab" even though Crabominable is more based on a Yeti Crab.
  • Cutiefly is "Gadfly", not the bee fly it takes its inspiration from.
  • Wishiwashi is "Weak", lol.
  • Morelull is "Lamp Mushroom", for anyone still curious if it was partially based on a lamp.
  • Stufful is "Lesser", likely derived from one of the Red Panda's other name "Lesser Panda".
  • Passimian is "Futsal", finally confirming what sport it's playing... yeah, I never heard of it either.
  • Sandygast is "Sandbox", and if your sandbox has a Sandygast in it I would be seriously concerned.
  • Type: Null's is a bit confusing. In Japanese it's "Guripusu". Eclipse_tt relates it to a Gundum and Yu-Gi-Oh monster which name is "Gryps". After a quick check, I found a more simple translation: "Griffin". Makes sense, it is a chimera-like monster.
  • Togedemaru's is also a bit confusing because you had to know that the development codename for "Sun & Moon" was "Niji". So "Nijichu" essentially means "Alolan Pikachu".
  • Mimikyu is "Horror", yikes.
  • Dhelmise is "Steering Wheel". Yeah, cause when I look at Dhelmise it's the steering wheel that stands out to me...
  • Cosmong is "Baby", d'aww.
  • Magearna, Marshadow, and Zeraora are just "Mythical 2016", "Mythical 2017", and "Mythical 2018" respectively. No subtlety there.
  • Now we already discussed the codenames for the original Ultra Beasts (though their actual codenames one uses the first letter of the word instead of the whole word), but apparently the Ultra Beasts added in USUM also had a theme to their first letters of their Japanese name. Poipole was "Doku" ("Poison"), Stakataka was "Ishigaki" ("Stone Wall"), and Blacephalon was "Hanabi" ("Fireworks"). If you put the first letters of their Japanese backwards (BTW the "Ish" in "Ishigaki" counts as an "s") to get HSD: Hue, Saturation, & Darkness.:blobshrug:

BTW, a final note, Eclipse_tt is trying to push that the Ultra Beasts were meant to appear in XY or at least their sequels. There is no proof of this in the leaked code, they're using flimsy evidence and reasoning to connect dots that are miles away from one another. Tomorrow they plan on posting the theory that XY's plot was supposed to be about aliens, a theory which was re-posted here on Smogon on the "Mystery & Conspiracy" thread by Hematite. While it's certainly a fun read, there's little to no proof it's nothing more than just a creative reimagining of how the elements of XY fit together to "reveal" a "scrapped" storyline.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)