Pet Mod [Gen 8] CFM

Shall we relaunch CFM before or after the release of Gen 9?

• ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait until Gen 9

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
cool!

This would be really helpful, as it makes teambuilding easier to newbies

i never saw any problem with the previous bot.
Would you be willing to help with any of these, by any chance? Do you know someone who might?

And the problem with the bot is that it doesn't get CFM mechanics - it doesn't understand how certain moves or abilities work, it doesn't recognise that some mons have different types than in vanilla, and it doesn't understand passive levitation.

And the problem with the bot is that it doesn't get CFM mechanics - it doesn't understand how certain moves or abilities work, it doesn't recognise that some mons have different types than in vanilla, and it doesn't understand passive levitation.
wow, i never knew that.
Would you be willing to help with any of these, by any chance? Do you know someone who might?
no, i never seen someone able to make teambuilder accurate.

Thanks for voting, everyone! I'm pleased to announce the results:

Pokemon: Coalossal
BST: 110/90(+10)/110(-10)/105(+25)/90/31(+1) (536)
Abilities: Steam Engine/Solid Rock/Flame Body
New Moves: Work Up, Shore Up, Flash Cannon
Tweaked Moves/Abilities:
Steam Engine: Gives a one-time immunity to Fire/Water, gives +6 speed when absorbing.
Tar Shot: Now a base 80 BP special Rock move, other affects stay

Reasoning: Honestly Coal has a real good movepool already, good attacks to pick from on both sides, two hazards to set, and can remove hazards for you with spin as well! Shame they ended up being held back by pretty mediocre stats, a bad type, and mediocre gimmick signatures. I wanted to lean into that "versatile rock" role, with more emphasis on being one of the rarer special based Rock type pokemon. Stats were rearranged to buff Coal's offenses more, with the +1 base speed allowing you to outspeed max speed base 60s at -1 with max speed Adamant/Modest, alongside outpacing scarfed base 145s after a Steam Engine boost. Flash Fire seems kinda obsolete with the changed Steam Engine, and Solid Rock seems fitting for a mon composed of almost entirely coal. Work Up gives a nice extra punch on offensive sets (potentially even mixed shenanigans!), Shore Up gives reliable recovery that fits the "rock creature who can rebuild itself" thing (and to give more survivability on defensive sets), Flash Cannon gives that tiny bit of extra coverage to help smack Fairies with on special sets. Steam Engine and Tar Shot needed a buff of some kind, and I wanted to keep the gimmick of both as well, as they're neat gimmicks! Steam Engine would be BONKERS with a permanent immunity to both types and the +6 speed, but a one time immunity can give you that one safe switch to massively threaten the opposition. Tar Shot seems like it'd be an attacking move, as getting tar launched on you can't feel good can it? It should've done damage in the first place.

Eldegoss
Stats
: 70 (+10) / 50 / 90 / 85 (+5) / 115 (-5) / 70 (+10) (BST: 480)
Target tier: ZU/PU
Abilities: Cotton Down / Chlorophyll / Regenerator
Cotton Down: this ability and this monster's moves ignore Grass-types' immunity to powder-based moves (does not bypass Safety Goggles)
Moves: Hidden Power, Grass Whistle (CFM: Grass/Special; 90BP/100% accurate; 10% chance to sleep), Reflect, Teleport, Extrasensory
Cotton Spore: Grass/Special; 80BP/100% accurate; hits all targets on the field; 30% chance to paralyse
Rationale: Mediocre stats aside, this thing had an extremely underwhelming movepool. As opposed to just pumping stats into it, I thought it would be more fun to only slightly increase its bulk and power while focussing on the latter. With an improved Cotton Down, this mon now has the exclusive niche of being able to hit Grass-types with powder moves! This goes very nicely with a new buffed move in Cotton Spore which acts like a Grass-type Discharge. With additional pivoting in Teleport, and CFM passive levitation, this thing is much more usable as a hazard spinning troll pivot (not quite as effective as Whimsicott still, but it'll do well in the lower tiers I'm sure!).

Pokémon: Falinks
Tier Goal: RU
Typing: Fighting / Steel
Stats: 75 / 100 / 110 / 70 / 65 / 90 (500 BST)
Abilities: Battle Armor / Skill Link / Defiant
Moves: + Attack Order, Defend Order, Heal Order,* Spike Cannon*, Power Trip
Changes:
Heal Order: Heals the user by 1/4 max HP; Cures the user of status
Spike Cannon: 25 BP, 100% Accuracy, Steel type, Hits 2-5 times
Summary: Falinks gets the buffs needed to make a sweeping set not absolutely terrible. With a new typing and better defenses, it gains many more set up opportunities. STAB Spike Cannon gives it a safe move to spam vs many Fighting resists, and in particular Fairy types. The last slot is up for grabs - Power Trip takes full advantage of No Retreats increases, and hits neutrally most mons that resists Falinks' STABs. Heal Order is also now a Jungle Healing clone, and gives Falinks and adds an additional measure against passive mons attempting to status Falinks. The other Order moves are added for completeness, and make thematic sense as well. Falinks isn't invincible though. It must choose between hitting more offensive mons that resist its STAB combo, or taking advantage of passive walls. Neither of those changed moves are particularly useful before a boost. Lastly, its SpDef isnt particularly good and can still be taken advantage of even through a boost.

Well, onto the next slate! Or is it about time for another tournament? What do you guys think?

Also, apologies about the site :/ Cancer Fairy's been way too freaking busy to deal with Heroku's nonsense recently, but I'll try and have it up and running properly by this weekend.

Grimmsnarl, Hatterene and Duraludon! Interesting idea... Grimmsnarl definitely needs to be made less annoying, but Hatterene risks becoming more annoying if we give it Recover :/

Duraludon is kinda good already, but it'll be interesting to see what it can do with a slate :smogthink: Should Steel Beam be a Steel-type Draco?

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I was gonna do this last night but I forgot oops

Pokemon: Grimmsnarl
Target BST: 510-530
Target Tier: UU-OU

Pokemon: Hatterene
Target BST: 510-530 (Must be the same as Grimmsnarl)
Target Tier: UU

Pokemon: Duraludon
Target BST: 535
Target Tier: RU-UU

Three already decently strong Galar Pokemon that aren't quite as fine-tuned as they could be. Changes here should be less radical, but nonetheless important!​

:ss/hatterene:
Pokémon: Hatterene
Typing:

Stats (changed all): 105 / 65 / 75 / 120 / 105 / 50 (520 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Queenly Majesty / Anticipation | Magic Guard
New Moves: Foresight, Aqua Ring, Aqua Tail, Hydro Pump, Liquidation, Scald, Aurora Beam, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Energy Ball, Grass Knot, Ingrain, Solar Beam, Fire Lash, Earth Power
Changed Moves: none
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Foresight -
, 120 BP, 100% prec., Sets Trick Room turn 1. Hits turn 2. No charge in Psychic Terrain.
How this makes it more interesting: Kinda wanna make it a strong elemental fairy, with coverage over FWG and a strong support move.

:ss/grimmsnarl:
Pokémon: Grimmsnarl
Typing:

Stats (changed all except Atk): 75 / 120 / 85 / 65 / 105 / 70 (520 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Prankster / Frisk | Tangling Hair
New Moves
: Brutal Swing, Feint Attack, Fling, Knock Off, Memento, Night Slash, Parting Shot, Punishment, Pursuit, Quash, Snarl (really?!), Snatch, Switcheroo, Charm, Moonlight, Psycho Cut, Roleplay, Zen Headbutt, Earthquake
Changed Moves: False Surrender - 75 BP, 100% acc., lowers opponent's Def by 1 (Fire Lash clone).
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: none
How this makes it more interesting: Gave it some utility, STABs and some Psychic-type coverage, maybe for Poisons?

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Typing:

Stats (changed all): 105 / 65 / 75 / 120 / 105 / 50 (510 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Queenly Majesty / Anticipation | Magic Guard
New Moves: Tricky Tail -
, 120 BP, 100% prec., Sets Trick Room turn 1. Hits turn 2. No charge in Psychic Terrain.
Changed Moves: none
How this makes it more interesting: WIP

Typing:

Stats (changed all except Atk): 75 / 120 / 85 / 65 / 105 / 70 (520 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Prankster / Frisk | Tangling Hair
New Moves
: WIP
Changed Moves: WIP
Nice subs! Unfortunately custom elements are not allowed, so you'll have to junk Tricky Tail I'm afraid

Type:
Max Darkness - Dark-type
Max Starfall - Fairy-type

Stats: 95/120/80/100/75/60
Ability: Prankster/Tangling Hair/Defiant
Changed Moves: Theif 30 power, Steals the opponents stat changes

:ss/Hatterene:
Type:
Max Mindstorm - Psychic-type
Max Starfall - Fairy-type

Ability: None
Stats: 90/57/100/136/128/29
New Moves: Moonblast

:ss/duraladon:
Type:
Max Steelspike - Steel-type
G-Max Depletion - Dragon-type

Ability: Sturdy/Stalwart/Heavy Metal
Stalwart: This pokemon can not be affected by status conditions. Heavy Metal: This pokemon's defense is multiplied by 1.5 and weight is doubled, but speed is halved.
Steel Beam: 130 Power, Special, 90 base power, 1/2 recoil if misses (Like HJK)
100/75/115/120/70/60

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Can I change it to an edited version of Foresight and give it to Hatterene as a changed move?
Hmm... You could, but you gotta keep in mind how many other Pokemon get that move. You could make it an exclusive effect for Hatterene but idk may be hard to justify

still wip

Typing:

Stats (changed all): 85 / 57 / 95 / 136 / 118 / 29 (520 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Healer / Anticipation | Magic Guard
New Moves: Earth Power, Eerie Spell, Hex, Nasty Plot, Teleport
Changed Moves/Abilities:
Smite: Z-move for Draining Kiss when used by Hatterene, Fairy type, Special, 180 Base Power, Resets the target's stat stage changes
Healer: When a Pokemon with the ability Healer switches out, its switch-in is healed by 1/4 max HP
How this makes it more interesting: Hattterene gets a grab bag of new toys, as well as an ability that actually competes with Magic Guard. Healer allows Hatterene to offer more team support, especially when it now gets Teleport as well. Earth Power gives it a way to actually hit Heatran. Hex and Eerie Spell are mostly for flavor (I mean this thing is literally called a witch) although I suppose Eerie Spell might be interesting to run over Psyshock. Nasty Plot makes Hatterene a viable sweeper under Trick Room, and synergizes quite well with Draining Kiss. While still lacking Moonblast, Smite fills the place of a strong fairy STAB if Hatterene is willing to hold a Z-Crystal, and with Hatterene's decent bulk it can use the stat stage resetting to decent effect.

Typing:

Stats (changed all except Atk):
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold):
New Moves:
Changed Moves: WIP

Last edited:
grimmsnarl.gif

Grimmsnarl
Abilities: Prankster/Tangling Hair/Hustle
Type:
fairy.gif
dark.gif
(primary/secondary swapped)
Stats: 95/120/95(+30)/75(-20)/85(+10)/60 (530 BST)
Movepool: + Knock Off, Hone Claws - Mega Kick, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Thunder Wave

Reasoning: haha hustle go brbrbrrbrbrbrbrbrbr
Hustle gives Grimm an absolutely MUCH needed power boost, as Fairy/Dark is actually a real cool offensive type combo, and his colorful offensive movepool can help absolutely smack the things that would serve as counters (Stomping Tantrum/Drain Punch for steels for example), AND you have a perfectly accurate STAB move in False Surrender, giving a strong option that never misses! Stats were shuffled around to give more much needed bulk, and the Phys Def patch to help abuse Tangling Hair on potential defensive support sets (Tangling Hair was given because he literally uses his hair to trap opponents in the pokedex). Type shuffling gives you a real strong Mega Punch as an alt to Play Rough/Spirit Break that can potentially give more power. Grimm's movepool is already incredible, and was really only missing Knock Off (lets be fair, if there was a knock tutor grimm would get it), and Hone Claws is there to help on more resilient Hustle sets. Mega Kick, Hyper Beam, and Giga Impact were removed like they were on a lot of mons, and nobody really likes prankster Thunder Wave, so get that outta here. Thunder Wave also removed speed control options, meaning the only way to bypass Grimm's bad speed is Sucker Punch. Grimm also lacks an option to hit Faries super-effectively, and has to play around them carefully

hatterene.gif

Hatterene
Abilites: Healer/Magician/Magic Bounce
Stats: 77(+20)/90/95/136/103/29 (530 BST)
Moves: +Drain Punch, Moonblast, Magic Powder -Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Protect, Misty Explosion
Reworks:
Healer: Heals the user of status conditions at the end of the turn, if no status conditions, acts as Leftovers
Magic Powder: 70 BP Psychic special move, has a 10% chance to paralyze, super-effective against Psychic types (Freeze-dry clone)

Reasoning: I like the idea of a pokemon that can boost on both sides, but Hatt was missing just a tiny bit to make it work, mainly recovery and lack of Physical options. Drain Punch fixes her physical movepool enough to be useable (with swords dance), and Moonblast gives a stronger fairy stab on Special sets (no fairy should rely on Gleam on special sets). Bonus stats were applied to HP, the rest are fine IMO. I like re-working gimmick moves into something useable, so I turned Magic Powder into a Freeze-dry clone to give it that uniqueness of interacting with Psychic types, but leaving psychic and psyshock as viable alternatives. The buff to Healer gives pretty dang strong passive recovery and effective status immunity, making for potent team support as well (aromatherapy access!). Alongside the regular moves that get removed, Protect is gone because lefties+healer and protect would heal absolutely ridiculous amounts of HP, so it had to go. Misty Explosion removes an option of a TR suicide lead, as I kinda want to focus on a multi-pronged booster, as it has the potential to work quite well! Magician is already an incredibly rare ability, and a Knock Off immunity never hurt anyone

duraludon.gif

Duraludon
Abilities: Mega Launcher/Heavy Metal/Stalwart
Stats: 70/65(-30)/115/120/80(+30)/85 (535 BST)
Moves: +Steel Beam, -Giga Impact, Protect, Stealth Rock
Reworks:
Steel Beam: Now a Draco Meteor clone
Heavy Metal: Speed stat is halved, but takes half damage from contact moves
Stalwart: Works like the Metronome item, attacks get stronger the more they are used consecutively, Protect DOES NOT reset the counter

Reasoning: Stats were repurposed to make Dura more bulky and dump that less than useful attack stat. Steel Beam becoming a draco clone buffs it to most steels that have it, Dura in particular. Giga Impact, Protect, and Stealth Rock are removed to keep in with a lot of the other mons getting them removed. Heavy Metal was lame as hell, and Stalwart was literally useless in singles, so they've been reworked to provide more viability. Mega Launcher buffs STAB Flash Cannon and Dragon Pulse, and Dank Pulse for coverage as well, but I felt that Aura Sphere would be a little TOO strong, so I did not give it to them. I kept Hyper Beam on Duraludon because it's been shown to use large incredibly powerful moves, who am I to deny Hyper Meme?

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
Duraludon:
Abilities
: Heavy Metal/Stalwart
Stats: 70-70 (-25)-110(-5)-130(+10)-75(+25)-90(5)
Changed Moves: Steel Beam: Is now 120 BP, and has a priority if the user is lighter than the target.

Grimmsnarl
Abilities: Prankster, Tangled Hair, Pickpocket
Stats: 95 / 120 / 85 (+20) / 95 / 75 / 70 (+10) BST: 540 (+30)
Movepool Changes: Copycat, Metronome, Knock Off, Mirror Move, Switcheroo, Snatch, Reflect, Light Screen, Darkest Lariat (also get rid of stuff like Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, and Mega Kick that we always get rid of)
Spirit Break: 100 BP, 50% chance to lower attack (physical clone of CFM Mystical Fire)
False Surrender: Dark type Focus Punch clone.

Reasoning: Going in order, Tangling Hair isn't that great of an ability but it makes way too much sense. Defense boost because it doesn't make sense that it's SpDef is higher when its hair pretty much covers and shields its body. A little extra speed to enable offensive sets better. On the moves, it always pissed me off that Grimmsnarl is actually pretty solid offensively but it never got to drop to a tier where it can be useful because its way too good at being an annoying piece of shit setting screens and taunting defoggers while also being able to threaten the dark types that are immune to Prankster due to its fairy typing. My approach is take away the annoying ass screens and make it a more offense-based Prankster user, although I left some utility options like twave and Taunt while also giving it Switcheroo because it's more thematically appropriate than Trick for Grimmsnarl. Copycat lets it use Bulk Up sets or even Nasty Plot (special attack isn't terrible) and chain boosted priority hits as an alternative to Sucker Punch. Copycat may also let it steal opponent's moves, which the fun addition of Mirror Move does too as well as being actually good with Z-Mirror Move being a thing here. Knock for a good dark STAB to replace Darkest Lariat which I removed because it's stupid Gamefreak handed it out to half the dex while keeping Spirit Shackle and Sparkling Aria pretty exclusive. And of course, Metronome is a requirement for every Pokemon that gets Prankster. The other move deletions are standard for us, but I kept Mega Punch because why not and it already has a bunch of punch moves. Sprit Break is now actually useful as a clone to our Mystical Fire (which we still have to purge from all the movepools btw) and False Surrender is a Focus Punch clone because it pretends to surrender and lets itself be attacked, but if the opponent doesn't capitalize on the situation Grimmsnarl hits it back hard.

Last edited:
1607681936753.png
Duraludon
Abilities:
Sturdy/Heatproof/Stalwart
Stats: 75/65/115/120/70/90
New Moves:
Autotomize, Iron Tail, Lock-On, Mirror Shot, Zap Cannon
Other Tweaks: Stalwart - In addition to its old effect, cures the user from infatuation, Encore, Taunt, Torment and Disable. The effects occurs only once unless the user is switched out.
Reasoning: Duraludon had two issues: absolute **** Special Defense and basically no ability in Singles. First, I took points from its Attack and put them into Special Defense (it's still on the squishy side to reflect the fact that is vulnerable to rusting, though) and into Speed (again, it is said to have great mobility, also reflected by its newfound access to Autotomize). The new abilities allow it to play as a fine SR lead setter for HO teams, or get an actual resistance to Fire attacks, helping it set up Autotomize for example. Lastly, Stalwart -- not gonna lie I was hesitant to take away its old effect because that would be golden in case we ever venture in Doubles territory, so I gave it a built-in Mental Herb effect. Another idea was a Berserk variant for Defense, but that would have been a bit annoying coupled with RestTalk :\

Might update the posts with the other two guys if I get a good inspiration ;)

Last day to get your submissions in, boys and girls!

Also, little notice from me: I know I've been promising changes to things like the site for a while, but Cancer Fairy works a full time job and often doesn't have the energy to work on this OM (let alone play it, sadly). But I'll have a holiday from next week, so I hope you guys can look forward to some changes and a lot more battles! Who's up for a tournament? Yung Dramps has suggested a ZU tournament!

All right, boys and girls! Let voting commence!

As usual, please list your three favourite submissions! You can vote for yourself, but you can't put yourself in first place!

Voting until Monday, and then we'll do something else...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)