Pet Mod [Gen 8] CFM

Shall we relaunch CFM before or after the release of Gen 9?

• ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait until Gen 9

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Grimmsnarl: a_galvantula, LorisMasta17, ChoiceScarfed
Hatterene: a_galvantula, koista12, ChoiceScarfed
Duralodon: Binary_Star, ChoiceScarf, a_galvantula

Grimmsnarl: LorisMasta12, a_galvantula, ChoiceScarfed
Hatterene: ChoiceScarfed, a_galvantula, koista12
Duraludon: Binary_Star, ChoiceScarfed, a_galvantula

kinda sucks there are only 3 duraludon subs ain't it

Last edited:
Duraludon: Binary_Star, a_galvantula
Grimmsnarl: a_galvantula, sharpen42, LorisMasta17
Hatterene: ChoiceScarfed, koista12

Grimmsnarl: LorisMasta17, a_galvantula, ChoiceScarfed
Hatterene: a_galvantula, koista12, ChoiceScarfed
Duraludon: a_galvantula, Binary_Star

Plague von Karma

Banned deucer.
Grimmsnarl: LorisMasta12, a_galvantula, ChoiceScarfed
Hatterene: koista12, a_galvantula, ChoiceScarfed
Duraludon: a_galvantula, Binary_Star, ChoiceScarfed

Ladies and gentlemen, thanks for your votes! Congratulations to Binary_Star's winning Duraludon entry. However, we have a tie between the winning Grimmsnarl and Hatterene entries:

Grimmsnarl
Abilities: Prankster/Tangling Hair/Hustle
Type:

fairy.gif

dark.gif

(primary/secondary swapped)
Stats: 95/120/95(+30)/75(-20)/85(+10)/60 (530 BST)
Movepool: + Knock Off, Hone Claws - Mega Kick, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Thunder Wave

Reasoning: haha hustle go brbrbrrbrbrbrbrbrbr
Hustle gives Grimm an absolutely MUCH needed power boost, as Fairy/Dark is actually a real cool offensive type combo, and his colorful offensive movepool can help absolutely smack the things that would serve as counters (Stomping Tantrum/Drain Punch for steels for example), AND you have a perfectly accurate STAB move in False Surrender, giving a strong option that never misses! Stats were shuffled around to give more much needed bulk, and the Phys Def patch to help abuse Tangling Hair on potential defensive support sets (Tangling Hair was given because he literally uses his hair to trap opponents in the pokedex). Type shuffling gives you a real strong Mega Punch as an alt to Play Rough/Spirit Break that can potentially give more power. Grimm's movepool is already incredible, and was really only missing Knock Off (lets be fair, if there was a knock tutor grimm would get it), and Hone Claws is there to help on more resilient Hustle sets. Mega Kick, Hyper Beam, and Giga Impact were removed like they were on a lot of mons, and nobody really likes prankster Thunder Wave, so get that outta here. Thunder Wave also removed speed control options, meaning the only way to bypass Grimm's bad speed is Sucker Punch. Grimm also lacks an option to hit Faries super-effectively, and has to play around them carefully
Grimmsnarl
Abilities: Prankster, Tangled Hair, Pickpocket
Stats: 95 / 120 / 85 (+20) / 95 / 75 / 70 (+10) BST: 540 (+30)
Movepool Changes: Copycat, Metronome, Knock Off, Mirror Move, Switcheroo, Snatch, Reflect, Light Screen, Darkest Lariat (also get rid of stuff like Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, and Mega Kick that we always get rid of)
Spirit Break: 100 BP, 50% chance to lower attack (physical clone of CFM Mystical Fire)
False Surrender: Dark type Focus Punch clone.

Reasoning: Going in order, Tangling Hair isn't that great of an ability but it makes way too much sense. Defense boost because it doesn't make sense that it's SpDef is higher when its hair pretty much covers and shields its body. A little extra speed to enable offensive sets better. On the moves, it always pissed me off that Grimmsnarl is actually pretty solid offensively but it never got to drop to a tier where it can be useful because its way too good at being an annoying piece of shit setting screens and taunting defoggers while also being able to threaten the dark types that are immune to Prankster due to its fairy typing. My approach is take away the annoying ass screens and make it a more offense-based Prankster user, although I left some utility options like twave and Taunt while also giving it Switcheroo because it's more thematically appropriate than Trick for Grimmsnarl. Copycat lets it use Bulk Up sets or even Nasty Plot (special attack isn't terrible) and chain boosted priority hits as an alternative to Sucker Punch. Copycat may also let it steal opponent's moves, which the fun addition of Mirror Move does too as well as being actually good with Z-Mirror Move being a thing here. Knock for a good dark STAB to replace Darkest Lariat which I removed because it's stupid Gamefreak handed it out to half the dex while keeping Spirit Shackle and Sparkling Aria pretty exclusive. And of course, Metronome is a requirement for every Pokemon that gets Prankster. The other move deletions are standard for us, but I kept Mega Punch because why not and it already has a bunch of punch moves. Sprit Break is now actually useful as a clone to our Mystical Fire (which we still have to purge from all the movepools btw) and False Surrender is a Focus Punch clone because it pretends to surrender and lets itself be attacked, but if the opponent doesn't capitalize on the situation Grimmsnarl hits it back hard.

Pokémon: Hatterene
Stats (changed all): 85 / 57 / 95 / 136 / 118 / 29 (520 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Healer / Anticipation | Magic Guard
New Moves: Earth Power, Eerie Spell, Hex, Nasty Plot, Teleport
Changed Moves/Abilities:
Smite: Z-move for Draining Kiss when used by Hatterene, Fairy type, Special, 180 Base Power, Resets the target's stat stage changes
Healer: When a Pokemon with the ability Healer switches out, its switch-in is healed by 1/4 max HP
How this makes it more interesting: Hattterene gets a grab bag of new toys, as well as an ability that actually competes with Magic Guard. Healer allows Hatterene to offer more team support, especially when it now gets Teleport as well. Earth Power gives it a way to actually hit Heatran. Hex and Eerie Spell are mostly for flavor (I mean this thing is literally called a witch) although I suppose Eerie Spell might be interesting to run over Psyshock. Nasty Plot makes Hatterene a viable sweeper under Trick Room, and synergizes quite well with Draining Kiss. While still lacking Moonblast, Smite fills the place of a strong fairy STAB if Hatterene is willing to hold a Z-Crystal, and with Hatterene's decent bulk it can use the stat stage resetting to decent effect.
Hatterene
Abilites: Healer/Magician/Magic Bounce
Stats: 77(+20)/90/95/136/103/29 (530 BST)
Moves: +Drain Punch, Moonblast, Magic Powder -Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Protect, Misty Explosion
Reworks:
Healer: Heals the user of status conditions at the end of the turn, if no status conditions, acts as Leftovers
Magic Powder: 70 BP Psychic special move, has a 10% chance to paralyze, super-effective against Psychic types (Freeze-dry clone)

Reasoning: I like the idea of a pokemon that can boost on both sides, but Hatt was missing just a tiny bit to make it work, mainly recovery and lack of Physical options. Drain Punch fixes her physical movepool enough to be useable (with swords dance), and Moonblast gives a stronger fairy stab on Special sets (no fairy should rely on Gleam on special sets). Bonus stats were applied to HP, the rest are fine IMO. I like re-working gimmick moves into something useable, so I turned Magic Powder into a Freeze-dry clone to give it that uniqueness of interacting with Psychic types, but leaving psychic and psyshock as viable alternatives. The buff to Healer gives pretty dang strong passive recovery and effective status immunity, making for potent team support as well (aromatherapy access!). Alongside the regular moves that get removed, Protect is gone because lefties+healer and protect would heal absolutely ridiculous amounts of HP, so it had to go. Misty Explosion removes an option of a TR suicide lead, as I kinda want to focus on a multi-pronged booster, as it has the potential to work quite well! Magician is already an incredibly rare ability, and a Knock Off immunity never hurt anyone

As such, we are going to have a 24-hour tiebreak session! Vote for your favourite of each submission for each mon! Self-voting allowed! Berry hurry, as Yung Dramps wants to start the next slate right away ;)

Thanks for the tiebreaking votes, I'm pleased to announce that the winners of this slate are therefore:

Grimmsnarl
Abilities: Prankster, Tangled Hair, Pickpocket
Stats: 95 / 120 / 85 (+20) / 95 / 75 / 70 (+10) BST: 540 (+30)
Movepool Changes: Copycat, Metronome, Knock Off, Mirror Move, Switcheroo, Snatch, Reflect, Light Screen, Darkest Lariat (also get rid of stuff like Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, and Mega Kick that we always get rid of)
Spirit Break: 100 BP, 50% chance to lower attack (physical clone of CFM Mystical Fire)
False Surrender: Dark type Focus Punch clone.

Reasoning: Going in order, Tangling Hair isn't that great of an ability but it makes way too much sense. Defense boost because it doesn't make sense that it's SpDef is higher when its hair pretty much covers and shields its body. A little extra speed to enable offensive sets better. On the moves, it always pissed me off that Grimmsnarl is actually pretty solid offensively but it never got to drop to a tier where it can be useful because its way too good at being an annoying piece of shit setting screens and taunting defoggers while also being able to threaten the dark types that are immune to Prankster due to its fairy typing. My approach is take away the annoying ass screens and make it a more offense-based Prankster user, although I left some utility options like twave and Taunt while also giving it Switcheroo because it's more thematically appropriate than Trick for Grimmsnarl. Copycat lets it use Bulk Up sets or even Nasty Plot (special attack isn't terrible) and chain boosted priority hits as an alternative to Sucker Punch. Copycat may also let it steal opponent's moves, which the fun addition of Mirror Move does too as well as being actually good with Z-Mirror Move being a thing here. Knock for a good dark STAB to replace Darkest Lariat which I removed because it's stupid Gamefreak handed it out to half the dex while keeping Spirit Shackle and Sparkling Aria pretty exclusive. And of course, Metronome is a requirement for every Pokemon that gets Prankster. The other move deletions are standard for us, but I kept Mega Punch because why not and it already has a bunch of punch moves. Sprit Break is now actually useful as a clone to our Mystical Fire (which we still have to purge from all the movepools btw) and False Surrender is a Focus Punch clone because it pretends to surrender and lets itself be attacked, but if the opponent doesn't capitalize on the situation Grimmsnarl hits it back hard.

Hatterene
Abilites: Healer/Magician/Magic Bounce
Stats: 77(+20)/90/95/136/103/29 (530 BST)
Moves: +Drain Punch, Moonblast, Magic Powder -Hyper Beam, Giga Impact, Protect, Misty Explosion
Reworks:
Healer: Heals the user of status conditions at the end of the turn, if no status conditions, acts as Leftovers
Magic Powder: 70 BP Psychic special move, has a 10% chance to paralyze, super-effective against Psychic types (Freeze-dry clone)

Reasoning: I like the idea of a pokemon that can boost on both sides, but Hatt was missing just a tiny bit to make it work, mainly recovery and lack of Physical options. Drain Punch fixes her physical movepool enough to be useable (with swords dance), and Moonblast gives a stronger fairy stab on Special sets (no fairy should rely on Gleam on special sets). Bonus stats were applied to HP, the rest are fine IMO. I like re-working gimmick moves into something useable, so I turned Magic Powder into a Freeze-dry clone to give it that uniqueness of interacting with Psychic types, but leaving psychic and psyshock as viable alternatives. The buff to Healer gives pretty dang strong passive recovery and effective status immunity, making for potent team support as well (aromatherapy access!). Alongside the regular moves that get removed, Protect is gone because lefties+healer and protect would heal absolutely ridiculous amounts of HP, so it had to go. Misty Explosion removes an option of a TR suicide lead, as I kinda want to focus on a multi-pronged booster, as it has the potential to work quite well! Magician is already an incredibly rare ability, and a Knock Off immunity never hurt anyone

Duraludon
Abilities:
Sturdy/Heatproof/Stalwart
Stats: 75/65/115/120/70/90
New Moves:
Autotomize, Iron Tail, Lock-On, Mirror Shot, Zap Cannon
Other Tweaks: Stalwart - In addition to its old effect, cures the user from infatuation, Encore, Taunt, Torment and Disable. The effects occurs only once unless the user is switched out.
Reasoning: Duraludon had two issues: absolute **** Special Defense and basically no ability in Singles. First, I took points from its Attack and put them into Special Defense (it's still on the squishy side to reflect the fact that is vulnerable to rusting, though) and into Speed (again, it is said to have great mobility, also reflected by its newfound access to Autotomize). The new abilities allow it to play as a fine SR lead setter for HO teams, or get an actual resistance to Fire attacks, helping it set up Autotomize for example. Lastly, Stalwart -- not gonna lie I was hesitant to take away its old effect because that would be golden in case we ever venture in Doubles territory, so I gave it a built-in Mental Herb effect. Another idea was a Berserk variant for Defense, but that would have been a bit annoying coupled with RestTalk :\

Thanks for taking part, guys!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
And now for the next slate, an idea I've been pushing in the Discord I like to call "the garbage Normals slate"

Pokemon: Lickilicky
Target BST: 515-530
Target Tier: ZU-PU

Pokemon: Furfrou
Target BST: 480-500
Target Tier: ZU

Pokemon: Komala
Target Tier: ZU-NU

Self-explanatory: Issa bunch of crappy, boring Normal type Pokemon. Simple as that.​

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokémon: Furfrou
Typing:

Stats (changes highlighted in bold):
80 (+5) / 95 (+15) / 60 / 65 / 90 / 105 (+3) (495 BST)
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Fur Coat
Moves: +Crunch, Quick Attack, Super Fang, Wish
How this makes it more interesting: More offensive support-based with tools like Super Fang, Wish and Thunder Wave to be distinct from Persian-Alola

Pokémon:
Lickilicky
Typing:
/

Stats (changes highlighted in bold): Unchanged
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Unchanged
Moves: Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Toxic
How this makes it more interesting: Unique typings ahoy, based on its dex entries mentioning its tongue can dissolve stuff!

furfrou.gif

Furfrou
Stats:
75/90(+10)/70(+10)/65/90/105(+3) (495 BST)
Type: Normal/Dark
New Moves: +Crunch, Parting Shot, Poison Fang, Wish, Body Slam
- Protect, Cotton Guard, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Toxic, U-Turn
Reasoning: Tried to make an offensive pivot, as opposed to Faticate being a more setup based Normal/Dark breaker, with Poison Fang and Body Slam to (potentially) cripple switch-ins, as well as Parting Shot to pivot as opposed to U-Turn. Outside of the usual move removals, Cotton Guard is gone because it's a dumb move on something with Fur Coat.

lickilicky.gif

Lickilicky
Stats:
110/85/95/85(+5)/95/50 (520 BST)
Type: Poison/Normal
Abilities: Own Tempo/Thick Fat/Could Nine
New Moves: +Belch, Lick, Uproar, Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb
- Work Up, Protect, Giga Impact, Hyper Beam, Toxic, Mega Kick
Move Reworks: Belch: 70 BP special sound based move, can be used at any time, power is multiplied by 1.5 after eating a berry
Lick: Now 50 BP when used by Lickilicky instead of 30 BP, other effects stay
Reasoning: Several pokedex refer to Lickilicky's saliva having either numbing or dissolving properties, which are both common qualities in various venoms, hence the new primary poison type. Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb were to fill out alt STABs. Belch and Uproar are to give decently strong stab moves that work really well with the new Own Tempo, while Lick got that tiny buff to mot just be a useless damage dealer (mainly because it's now poison-type on licki, getting blocked by Steels). Work Up was removed to completely gut any chance at special boosting, as Uproar without a drawback and the buffed Belch would be a little much with boosting, ESPECIALLY with licki's damn good coverage. Toxic was removed because this thing would be way too annoying on defense with perfect toxics, wish, AND thick fat, no thanks. Oh yeah, Thick Fat is there because Oblivious is kinda redundant with Own Tempo blocking Intimidate (as the taunt immunity isn't that useful on this new licki), and Lickilicky is a chonky lad

komala.gif

Komala
Stats: 75
(+10)/115/75(+10)/65(-10)/95/75(+10) (500 BST)
Abilities: Comatose
New Moves: +Rest, -Toxic
Reworks: Comatose: Rest can be used and will fully heal, and is used at -7 priority (same bracket as Trick Room)
Reasoning: Honestly Komala didn't need a lot of moves, their movepool is already strong enough with everything they need to be successful, just needed better stats. Well with a little shuffling, hopefully I can make them viable enough! Comatose's buff to make Rest a full HP heal was aimed to make a really potent offensive threat that can stick around, but is still relatively frail to strong boosted hits, and is PARTICULALRY vulnerable to phazing thanks to being a -7 priority, thus going after roar and dragon tail.

1609085248627.png

Lickilicky
Abilities:
Oblivious/Sticky Hold/Cloud Nine
Stats: 125/85/95/85/95/50 (535)
New Moves: Heal Bell and Wish are fully compatible with all moves and abilities
Other Tweaks: Wring Out - Power now caps at 150
Sticky Hold - Knock Off does not get its power boosted against it
Reasoning: An increase to its HP cements its role as an all-round defensive mon; I don't think any more moves are needed at all, other than making those two moves (dating back to a 2004 event) more accessible. Sticky Hold now allows it to not be crippled by Trick and makes it a great Knock Off absorber (can't believe it didn't nerf Knock Off's power in the first place -___-), very valuable if it lands in a lower tier without many Megas and a good alternative to an immunity to Taunt and the ability to check weather teams. I also increased Wring Out's power: I don't think it will be that great option, but it's there.

Last edited:
Anyway, I think given the small number of subs, we might have to put this slate aside for another time. During Christmas and New Year's was probably a bad time to do it. What do you guys think?

Slate refresh!! Furfrou, Oranguru, Komala
I hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year's! For the first slate of the year, we're going to be restarting the slate that was started over Christmas with less than the usual number of submissions, this time with Oranguru (a mon I think most of us had completely forgotten even existed) rather than Lickilicky. This is because I think the latter is already pretty solid and versatile in the lower tiers, and probably doesn't need that much to make it that much better, whereas Oranguru is desperately terrible. Passimian has also been buffed slightly in CFM, an even greater reason it needs attention.

After this slate, we shall have a proper tournament, at long last (and with a proper info site to match!). So, let's go!

Pokemon: Oranguru
Target BST: 490 (to match Passimian)
Target Tier: ZU-PU

Pokemon: Furfrou
Target Tier: ZU

Pokemon: Komala
Target Tier: ZU-NU

Please make your submissions by Monday next week!

Here's an idea for the monke for now, might update with the other two later
1609865661902.png

Oranguru
Abilities:
Inner Focus/Telepathy/Competitive
Base Stats:
100(+10)/40(-20)/80/90/120(+10)/60 (490)
New Moves: +Aromatherapy, Aura Sphere, Cosmic Power, Echoed Voice, Hyper Voice, Meditate, Memento, Swagger
Reasoning: Oranguru got its stat changed to reflect its counterpart Passimian; dropping 20 points from Attack and gaining 10 points in HP and Special Defense improve its already good Special tanking prowess (it had the exact same Defenses as Slowking, by the way). Competitive is now the third ability, other than to reflect Passimian's Defiant, because its Dex entries mention it being having a very agonistic attitude. Lastly, a slew of new attacks, most notably Aromatherapy to help its team (coming from the Dex saying that cures wounded Pokemon with herbs), Aura Sphere, Cosmic Power and Hyper Voice (a move to actually use as a Normal STAB)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)