Pet Mod [Gen 8] CFM

Shall we relaunch CFM before or after the release of Gen 9?

• ASAP!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wait until Gen 9

Votes: 15 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thanks for the feedback! The teambuilder is probably our biggest weakness at the moment... I'm not sure why, but every attempt to deploy a custom teambuilder version so far has broken so far, and just keeping CFM working with all the breaking changes Zarel keeps pushing takes up most of my available dev time. I hope the site makes teambuilding easier though!

Could you clarify what you meant by "searching for multiple mods"? This isn't a use case I've heard of before...

Apologies for the lack of updates, ladies and gentlemen, Cancer Fairy is super, super busy these days with IRL stuff and most of the time I've had to work on CFM over the past year has been taken up by fixing things caused by updates on the main server - the complexity of CFM is why this takes so much time.

Anyway, I *hope* that most outstanding bugs in battles are now fixed - the most recent fixes being to spikes and terrain - and I hope you continue to enjoy CFM!

So, with that out of the way - who's up for a slate at long last?

Hell yeah! A new Slate!
I hope it's for the galar forms cuz those guys have recieved very little buffs if any at all. By multiple mods, I mean that I was unable to properly use the commands like /cms or /cds.

It has been a long time since a slate, apologies there... I meant to do have some things ready this weekend, but my PC basically died (thanks, Windows) so I had to spend all my free time reinstalling it so that I could do my work come Monday. Fun times.

Hell yeah! A new Slate!
I hope it's for the galar forms cuz those guys have recieved very little buffs if any at all. By multiple mods, I mean that I was unable to properly use the commands like /cms or /cds.
Thanks for the heads up on the bug, btw, it completely slipped through. In the time it took me to fix some of the other things Zarel broke, he broke even more stuff for me...

Another slate... at long last!

All Galarian Legendary Birds
Target BST: 600
Target tier: RU-OU

So, welcome back to CFM slates, ladies and gentlemen! Last time we left off, we had a couple of aborted slates and the server was full of bugs thanks to the work of a certain Showdown developer who keeps making breaking changes to their own damn code. Nonetheless, we're finally back with a long overdue slate - the three Galarian birds! As much as I think these are unholy abominations that should be deleted from the game, I've heard your calls for a slate loud and clear so have fun!
I think setting them to be anywhere between RU and OU is a reasonable goal with a proper pseudo-legendary BST. I'll leave it up to you what they should be or do - but please make sure that their stat distributions are consistent with their CFM counterparts:
1646514467961.png

Accepting submissions until 12th March! Happy slating!

Pokémon: Zapdos-Galar
Typing: Same (Fighting/flying)
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 90/120/90/85/90/125 Bst: 600 -5atk +25 spe like regular zapdos
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Defiant/Reckless
Moves: +Jump kick, +Wild charge
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Jump kick- Now 100 acc and does not take damage when attacking into ghost types.
How this makes it more interesting: I decided to enhance its role as a physical wallbreaker by giving reckless and a decent coverage move in wild charge (volt tackle would be a bit too strong). jump kick gives it a better option than close combat as it is 100% acc now and does not lower its defenses like close combat does or take recoil damage attacking into ghost anymore. It already has access to the great pivot move in u-turn so I felt I didn't need to change much besides adding a little coverage and better ability as well as more speed to help it out.

Name: Galarian Articuno
Type: Psychic/Flying
Stats: 80/85/120/125/95/95
Abilities: Competitive/Dazzling (HA: Tinted Lens)
New Notable Moves: Gust, Drill Peck, Triple Axel, Aura Sphere, Blizzard, Defog, Sky Attack, Dazzling Gleam
Tweaks To Existing Moves/Abilities: Freezing Glare: 95 BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, Has a 20% chance to freeze the target.
How this makes it more interesting:
Galarian Articuno has always struggled in vanilla, Probably due to it's lackluster coverage. While I sadly had to nerf it's HP (in order to keep it more consistant with it's regular form), It's still kept it's big special attack, and even gained a newly buffed physical defense stat! For it's abilities, they're mainly flavor based. I kept Competitive cuz that's one of my favorite things about it. It has Dazzling because it's snazzy, and I also gave it Tinted Lens because it has eye lasers (More importantly, we also have a Psychic/Flying type that'll actually use Tinted Lens). As for Freezing Glare, I gave it a 20% freeze chance because I want people to suffer.

Galarian Zapdos
Base Stats: 80 HP (-10)
/ 125 Atk / 95 Def (+5) / 105 SpA (+20) / 95 (+5) / 100 Spe BST: 600 (+20)
Abilities: Defiant / Reckless / Static
New Moves:
Double Kick, High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Take Down, Wild Charge, Focus Blast
Thunderous Kick: 100 BP, 50% chance to lower defense (Fire Lash clone)
Reasoning:
Reckless: "Belligerent by nature and ever thirsting for battle, Galarian Zapdos seeks out opponents stronger than itself so it could test its might"
Static: "This Pokémon earned the name of its Kantonian counterpart due to the electric-like crackling sounds that come from its feathers rubbing together"
Stats: 600 BST and 80 HP is in line with the Kanto relatives. Didn't want to give it any more attack or definitely not speed because with Reckless this mon is already an absurd nuke so I wanted to make it balanced. +5 to defenses give it similar bulk to vanilla and +20 special attack for balance reasons and it gives you the option to used mixed sets, which might be cool. The other Galar birds will be modeled after the stat spread of 125/105/100/95/95/80.
New Moves: The three kicking moves are straight forward and the jump kicks give it Reckless nukes. Take Down works as a weaker fighting STAB that can be used with Reckless, although it's still weaker than Close Combat, that fits the theme and isn't blocked by ghosts. Wild Charge because I felt giving it one Electric move was appropriate and it is the most fitting one and abusable with Reckless. Focus Blast gives special/mixed sets some fringe viability along with already having Hurricane.
Thunderous Kick: I wanted to make all of the signature moves 100 BP and the 100% defense drop is pretty obnoxious to play around (which is why we changed Fire Lash too) and made this move clearly better than the signature moves of the other two birds.

Galarian Articuno
Base Stats: 80 HP
(-10) / 95 Atk (+10) / 95 Def (+10) / 125 SpA / 105 SpD (+5) / 100 Spe (+5) BST: 600 (+20)
Abilities: Competitive / No Guard / Tinted Lens
New Moves:
Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, Teleport, Laser Focus, Lock On, Steel Wing
Freezing Glare: 100 BP, 20% chance to freeze
Reasoning:

Stats: Basically the same distribution as its vanilla stats but adjusted to the 600 BST and the numbers already established. Slight increase to most stats and -10 HP.
No Guard: "Its eyes can fire beams of psychic energy that leave its opponents stuck in place, as if frozen solid" (hard to miss attacks when your opponent is frozen in place"
Tinted Lens: Not really too much of a reason for this one but I imagine the way its eyes look (kind of like goggles) and the fact its psychic powers are heavily tied to its eyes, I think it would have a very unique perspective with its vision
New Moves: Aura Sphere because coverage and its psychic powers (no guard Focus Blast would be too much). Ice Beam because I also wanted to give it one ice move, and it shoots beams that freezes the target from its eyes. Teleport because this: "It also has the ability to create mirages of itself in order to fool its opponent and escape". Laser Focus and Lock On just to keep with the vision theme and give it the same number of new moves as Zapdos-G. Steel Wing because this "the blades on its wings can be used to slice through iron as easily as paper"
Freezing Glare: 100 BP with a slightly higher chance to freeze than most ice moves because freezing is basically its whole thing

Galarian Moltres
Base Stats: 80 HP
(-10 HP) / 95 Atk (+10) / 100 Def (+10) / 105 SpA (+5) / 125 SpD / 95 Spe (+5) BST: 600 (+20)
Abilities: Berserk / Pressure / Flame Body
New Moves:
Heat Wave, Whirlwind, Razor Wind, Roost, Dream Eater, Burning Jealousy
Fiery Wrath: 100 BP, 10% chance to flinch, 10% to burn
Reasoning:
Stats: Like with Articuno, just adjusting its vanilla stat distribution to the 600 BST. I kinda didn't want to give it 100 defense because its bulk is kinda ridiculous for this level of offensive threat but I also wanted to retain it being slower than the others and didn't really want to give it 100 speed either.
Pressure: "The sinister energy that blazes from within its body is so oppressive that most Pokémon can't even approach it"
Flame Body: "these features exude a magenta, flame-like energy that earns it the name of its Kantonian counterpart"
New Moves: Heat Wave for a fire move that makes the most sense. Whirlwind and Razor Wind because regular Moltres also has them, and this is the case where I think there should be the most movepool overlap between the two. Roost because its a bird that's flying, unlike the other two (Articuno levitates through its psychic powers, but gets Recover already anyways). Dream Eater: "The aura has the power to consume the spirit of its victims, reducing them to burned-out shadows of themselves". Burning Jealousy: "Galarian Moltres attacks by spreading its wings wide to unleash its energy in a powerful aura that attacks the minds of its foes, inflicting deep fatigue as it burns away their energy from within" as well as the fact that a common theme with G-Molt is how it has a lot of bottled up anger despite being calm.
Fiery Wrath: Idk if we have anything like this but I thought two secondary effects would be really interesting for a move that's normal just a slightly enhanced Dark Pulse clone. No fighting coverage because this mon is already really good and that would be broken.

Although they all only have slight stat adjustments, I think these changes give them some much needed life through new abilities and moves, and all three are certainly upgraded from before.

I know I asked that your submissions' stat distributions be consistent with those of the original birb trio and I was going to remind LorisMasta of this too, but... looking at the mons and their capabilities, I don't think those original stats actually fit.

So, go crazy! Just please make sure that if you submit multiple mons, that the distributions match each other.

Target tier: UU
Base stats
: 80 (-10) / 90 (+5) / 100 (+15) / 125 / 110 (+10) / 95 (BST: 600)
Abilities: Competitive / Keen Eye (CFM: boosts accuracy by 20%) / Serene Grace
Moves
: Roost, Razor Wind (CFM: Flying-type Psyshock + 10% def drop chance), Defog, Whirlwind, Teleport, Glare, Wonder Room (CFM: inverts type-effectiveness), Drill Peck (CFM: Liquidation clone), Frost Breath
↪ Freezing Glare: 100 BP; 30% chance to lower the target's Speed + 10% chance to freeze
↪ Frost Breath: 100% crit chance + 10% chance to freeze

Reasoning
: this monster is already pretty damn good, although a little bit dull - gave it some moves and abilities that make other strategies a little bit more viable as well as increasing its reliability overall. For example, Keen Eye makes Hypnosis a viable move to use and buffs its use of Hurricane. On the other hand, Serene Grace makes Freezing Glare and Air Slash (CFM: 80/100, 20% flinch) much more devastating moves. The addition of more status moves also lets it play different roles than just straight-forward attacker to make use of its added bulk.

Target tier: OU/Uber(?)
Base stats: 80 (-10)
/ 125 / 100 (+10) / 95 (+10) / 90 / 110 (+10) (BST: 600)
Abilities: Defiant / Limber (CFM: cannot be paralysed or lose Speed) / Sheer Force (might be too good for OU - if so, consider Quick Feet instead)
Moves: Roost, Focus Blast (CFM: 80% accurate), Wild Charge (CFM: recoil + 10% paralysis), Rolling Kick (CFM: 65BP, 100% chance to raise Speed)
↪ Thunderous Kick: 100 BP; 30% to lower the target's Defence + 10% chance to paralyse

Reasoning
: this is another monster that's already excellent, but its typing pushes it a tier above Articuno in my opinion. In fact, there's little that can be done without just making it stupidly good - so that's what I decided to. With 125/95/110 offensive stats with Sheer Force, this thing is a dangerous juggernaut - especially since it has dual STAB to abuse with it in a buffed (or nerfed?) Thunderous Kick with Drill Peck (CFM: Liquidation clone). Gave it some other toys to make it a little more interesting, if you consider using a move other than its physical STABs to smash everything in your way.

Target tier: UU/OU
Base stats:
80 (-10) / 100 (+15) / 90 / 110 (+10) / 125 / 95 (+5) (BST: 600)
Abilities: Berserk (CFM: +2 to the higher offensive stat) / Intimidate / Flare Boost
Moves
: Roost, Defog, Will-o-Wisp, Heat Wave, Night Slash (CFM: 100BP, 95% accurate), Swords Dance, Drill Peck (CFM: Liquidation clone), Razor Wind (CFM: Flying-type Psyshock + 10% def drop chance)
↪ Fiery Wrath: 100BP; 30% chance to lower the target's Sp. Def + 10% chance to burn

Reasoning
: This is the one mon of the three that definitely feels like it was downgraded the most compared to its Gen I counterpart. From a powerful attacker to... a specially defensive Dark-type (lol) with no recovery or utility? Well, now it can actually be an effective defensive mon with Intimidate (from Bulbapedia: "The sinister energy that blazes from within its body is so oppressive that most Pokémon can't even approach it") along with reliable recovery and Defog and Will-o-Wisp! Mandibuzz, eat your heart out... On top of that, it regains some of its counterparts awesome offensive prowess on both the special and physical sides with great STABs, boosting moves, and even priority in Sucker Punch.

Last edited:
We've come to the end of the submission period! Please vote for your choice:

Type: Psychic/Flying
Stats: 80/85/120/125/95/95
Abilities: Competitive/Dazzling (HA: Tinted Lens)
New Notable Moves: Gust, Drill Peck, Triple Axel, Aura Sphere, Blizzard, Defog, Sky Attack, Dazzling Gleam
Tweaks To Existing Moves/Abilities: Freezing Glare: 95 BP, 100 Accuracy, 10 PP, Has a 20% chance to freeze the target.
How this makes it more interesting:
Galarian Articuno has always struggled in vanilla, Probably due to it's lackluster coverage. While I sadly had to nerf it's HP (in order to keep it more consistant with it's regular form), It's still kept it's big special attack, and even gained a newly buffed physical defense stat! For it's abilities, they're mainly flavor based. I kept Competitive cuz that's one of my favorite things about it. It has Dazzling because it's snazzy, and I also gave it Tinted Lens because it has eye lasers (More importantly, we also have a Psychic/Flying type that'll actually use Tinted Lens). As for Freezing Glare, I gave it a 20% freeze chance because I want people to suffer.
Base Stats: 80 HP (-10) / 95 Atk (+10) / 95 Def (+10) / 125 SpA / 105 SpD (+5) / 100 Spe (+5) BST: 600 (+20)
Abilities: Competitive / No Guard / Tinted Lens
New Moves:
Aura Sphere, Ice Beam, Teleport, Laser Focus, Lock On, Steel Wing
Freezing Glare: 100 BP, 20% chance to freeze
Reasoning:

Stats: Basically the same distribution as its vanilla stats but adjusted to the 600 BST and the numbers already established. Slight increase to most stats and -10 HP.
No Guard: "Its eyes can fire beams of psychic energy that leave its opponents stuck in place, as if frozen solid" (hard to miss attacks when your opponent is frozen in place"
Tinted Lens: Not really too much of a reason for this one but I imagine the way its eyes look (kind of like goggles) and the fact its psychic powers are heavily tied to its eyes, I think it would have a very unique perspective with its vision
New Moves: Aura Sphere because coverage and its psychic powers (no guard Focus Blast would be too much). Ice Beam because I also wanted to give it one ice move, and it shoots beams that freezes the target from its eyes. Teleport because this: "It also has the ability to create mirages of itself in order to fool its opponent and escape". Laser Focus and Lock On just to keep with the vision theme and give it the same number of new moves as Zapdos-G. Steel Wing because this "the blades on its wings can be used to slice through iron as easily as paper"
Freezing Glare: 100 BP with a slightly higher chance to freeze than most ice moves because freezing is basically its whole thing
Target tier: UU
Base stats
: 80 (-10) / 90 (+5) / 100 (+15) / 125 / 110 (+10) / 95 (BST: 600)
Abilities: Competitive / Keen Eye (CFM: boosts accuracy by 20%) / Serene Grace
Moves
: Roost, Razor Wind (CFM: Flying-type Psyshock + 10% def drop chance), Defog, Whirlwind, Teleport, Glare, Wonder Room (CFM: inverts type-effectiveness), Drill Peck (CFM: Liquidation clone), Frost Breath
↪ Freezing Glare: 100 BP; 30% chance to lower the target's Speed + 10% chance to freeze
↪ Frost Breath: 100% crit chance + 10% chance to freeze

Reasoning
: this monster is already pretty damn good, although a little bit dull - gave it some moves and abilities that make other strategies a little bit more viable as well as increasing its reliability overall. For example, Keen Eye makes Hypnosis a viable move to use and buffs its use of Hurricane. On the other hand, Serene Grace makes Freezing Glare and Air Slash (CFM: 80/100, 20% flinch) much more devastating moves. The addition of more status moves also lets it play different roles than just straight-forward attacker to make use of its added bulk.

Pokémon: Zapdos-Galar
Typing: Same (Fighting/flying)
Stats (changes highlighted in bold): 90/120/90/85/90/125 Bst: 600 -5atk +25 spe like regular zapdos
Abilities (changes highlighted in bold): Defiant/Reckless
Moves: +Jump kick, +Wild charge
Tweaks to existing moves/abilities: Jump kick- Now 100 acc and does not take damage when attacking into ghost types.
How this makes it more interesting: I decided to enhance its role as a physical wallbreaker by giving reckless and a decent coverage move in wild charge (volt tackle would be a bit too strong). jump kick gives it a better option than close combat as it is 100% acc now and does not lower its defenses like close combat does or take recoil damage attacking into ghost anymore. It already has access to the great pivot move in u-turn so I felt I didn't need to change much besides adding a little coverage and better ability as well as more speed to help it out.
Base Stats: 80 HP (-10) / 125 Atk / 95 Def (+5) / 105 SpA (+20) / 95 (+5) / 100 Spe BST: 600 (+20)
Abilities: Defiant / Reckless / Static
New Moves:
Double Kick, High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Take Down, Wild Charge, Focus Blast
Thunderous Kick: 100 BP, 50% chance to lower defense (Fire Lash clone)
Reasoning:
Reckless: "Belligerent by nature and ever thirsting for battle, Galarian Zapdos seeks out opponents stronger than itself so it could test its might"
Static: "This Pokémon earned the name of its Kantonian counterpart due to the electric-like crackling sounds that come from its feathers rubbing together"
Stats: 600 BST and 80 HP is in line with the Kanto relatives. Didn't want to give it any more attack or definitely not speed because with Reckless this mon is already an absurd nuke so I wanted to make it balanced. +5 to defenses give it similar bulk to vanilla and +20 special attack for balance reasons and it gives you the option to used mixed sets, which might be cool. The other Galar birds will be modeled after the stat spread of 125/105/100/95/95/80.
New Moves: The three kicking moves are straight forward and the jump kicks give it Reckless nukes. Take Down works as a weaker fighting STAB that can be used with Reckless, although it's still weaker than Close Combat, that fits the theme and isn't blocked by ghosts. Wild Charge because I felt giving it one Electric move was appropriate and it is the most fitting one and abusable with Reckless. Focus Blast gives special/mixed sets some fringe viability along with already having Hurricane.
Thunderous Kick: I wanted to make all of the signature moves 100 BP and the 100% defense drop is pretty obnoxious to play around (which is why we changed Fire Lash too) and made this move clearly better than the signature moves of the other two birds.
Target tier: OU/Uber(?)
Base stats: 80 (-10)
/ 125 / 100 (+10) / 95 (+10) / 90 / 110 (+10) (BST: 600)
Abilities: Defiant / Limber (CFM: cannot be paralysed or lose Speed) / Sheer Force (might be too good for OU - if so, consider Quick Feet instead)
Moves: Roost, Focus Blast (CFM: 80% accurate), Wild Charge (CFM: recoil + 10% paralysis), Rolling Kick (CFM: 65BP, 100% chance to raise Speed)
↪ Thunderous Kick: 100 BP; 30% to lower the target's Defence + 10% chance to paralyse

Reasoning
: this is another monster that's already excellent, but its typing pushes it a tier above Articuno in my opinion. In fact, there's little that can be done without just making it stupidly good - so that's what I decided to. With 125/95/110 offensive stats with Sheer Force, this thing is a dangerous juggernaut - especially since it has dual STAB to abuse with it in a buffed (or nerfed?) Thunderous Kick with Drill Peck (CFM: Liquidation clone). Gave it some other toys to make it a little more interesting, if you consider using a move other than its physical STABs to smash everything in your way.

Base Stats: 80 HP (-10 HP) / 95 Atk (+10) / 100 Def (+10) / 105 SpA (+5) / 125 SpD / 95 Spe (+5) BST: 600 (+20)
Abilities: Berserk / Pressure / Flame Body
New Moves:
Heat Wave, Whirlwind, Razor Wind, Roost, Dream Eater, Burning Jealousy
Fiery Wrath: 100 BP, 10% chance to flinch, 10% to burn
Reasoning:
Stats: Like with Articuno, just adjusting its vanilla stat distribution to the 600 BST. I kinda didn't want to give it 100 defense because its bulk is kinda ridiculous for this level of offensive threat but I also wanted to retain it being slower than the others and didn't really want to give it 100 speed either.
Pressure: "The sinister energy that blazes from within its body is so oppressive that most Pokémon can't even approach it"
Flame Body: "these features exude a magenta, flame-like energy that earns it the name of its Kantonian counterpart"
New Moves: Heat Wave for a fire move that makes the most sense. Whirlwind and Razor Wind because regular Moltres also has them, and this is the case where I think there should be the most movepool overlap between the two. Roost because its a bird that's flying, unlike the other two (Articuno levitates through its psychic powers, but gets Recover already anyways). Dream Eater: "The aura has the power to consume the spirit of its victims, reducing them to burned-out shadows of themselves". Burning Jealousy: "Galarian Moltres attacks by spreading its wings wide to unleash its energy in a powerful aura that attacks the minds of its foes, inflicting deep fatigue as it burns away their energy from within" as well as the fact that a common theme with G-Molt is how it has a lot of bottled up anger despite being calm.
Fiery Wrath: Idk if we have anything like this but I thought two secondary effects would be really interesting for a move that's normal just a slightly enhanced Dark Pulse clone. No fighting coverage because this mon is already really good and that would be broken.
Target tier: UU/OU
Base stats:
80 (-10) / 100 (+15) / 90 / 110 (+10) / 125 / 95 (+5) (BST: 600)
Abilities: Berserk (CFM: +2 to the higher offensive stat) / Intimidate / Flare Boost
Moves
: Roost, Defog, Will-o-Wisp, Heat Wave, Night Slash (CFM: 100BP, 95% accurate), Swords Dance, Drill Peck (CFM: Liquidation clone), Razor Wind (CFM: Flying-type Psyshock + 10% def drop chance)
↪ Fiery Wrath: 100BP; 30% chance to lower the target's Sp. Def + 10% chance to burn

Reasoning
: This is the one mon of the three that definitely feels like it was downgraded the most compared to its Gen I counterpart. From a powerful attacker to... a specially defensive Dark-type (lol) with no recovery or utility? Well, now it can actually be an effective defensive mon with Intimidate (from Bulbapedia: "The sinister energy that blazes from within its body is so oppressive that most Pokémon can't even approach it") along with reliable recovery and Defog and Will-o-Wisp! Mandibuzz, eat your heart out... On top of that, it regains some of its counterparts awesome offensive prowess on both the special and physical sides with great STABs, boosting moves, and even priority in Sucker Punch.

Please make your decisions by Thursday!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
LorisMasta17's Articuno-G
thechurchofcage's Zapdos-G*

*I would strongly recommend Quick Feet instead of Sheer Force

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)