Pet Mod [Gen 8] Perfect Galar

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Can we get the next slate now?
wdym it's not tomorrow yet lol /s

かたわれ時 is the winner for Appletun, Ema Skye is the winner for Meowstic. Didn't count thechurchofcage's Meowstic vote since he voted for himself first and that's no good

Appletun
かたわれ時 12
Dilasc 6

Meowstic
Ema Skye 9
Adou 5
thechurchofcage 3

Time for a change of pace for the next slate

Slowbro Sprite
Slate #7: Border Patrol

So, right now we're sticking to the original Galar Dex: the base 400 + the original 35 Home-only transfer mons/Alolan forms. Well y'know how Rose Red and Iris Blue has recently been doing slates to let in Pokemon from after Gen 1 into the Gen 1 meta? This is kinda like that but for the Pokemon introduced in IoA, not other natdex mons tho! You can also make modifications for any mons you bring in in accordance with the normal rules.

Ema Skye

Work!
Pokemon Name: Druddigon
Role: bad dragon Bulky Tank
Stat Changes: 107 (+30) / 120 / 100 (+10) / 60 / 100 (+10) / 48 [535 BST, same as Duraludon]
Ability Changes -Mold Breaker, +Thick Fat
Movepool Changes: Roost, Spikes, Toxic Spikes
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: In a meta full of dragons (Kommo-O, Hydreigon, Kyurem, Dragapult and our newly buffed ones like Appletun), it's hard to stand out, especially when they were designed to be forgettable like Druddigon. Most of the dragons focus on offensive play, and so I took Druddigon on a route that afforded it some excellent defensive options. It also gets every hazard, and so has some degree of customization, and this is valuable with its native Dragon Tail. It's very passive though, as it's only boosting move is Hone Claws, and both types aren't ideal offensively due to having frequent immunities or resistances.

Last edited:
Pokemon Name: Slowbro-Galar
Role: Physically Bulky Priority User
Stat Changes (If Any): N/A
Ability Changes (If Any): Quick Draw now gives "bullet-like" moves +1 priority.
Movepool Changes (If Any): Shell Side Arm chooses the higher of the user's offenses (i.e. Photon Geyser) for damage calculations, and is given the bullet-like attribute.
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: This Slowbro's main niche is to hit hard with its plentiful priority options Shadow Ball and Focus Blast in order to stop the opponent's momentum. The only Pokemon that I feel fills a similar role would be Golisopod, who has a completely different typing and coverage, as well as a worse SpAtk.

poliwrath.gif

Pokemon Name: Poliwrath
Role: Belly Drum Sweeper
Stat Changes (If Any): 90 / 95 / 105 (+10) / 70 / 100 (+10) / 70 (BST: 530)
Ability Changes (If Any): -Damp, +Iron Fist
Movepool Changes (If Any): Mach Punch, Aqua Jet
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: A high-risk / very high reward Pokemon. Belly Drum is what sets it apart from other Pokemon, and Poliwrath has the bulk and Speed (under the rain) to pull it off! It wants Rain support but it can also use Max Geyser to provide its own rain. It gets a hugely buffed movepool this generation so it has all the tools to beat its checks. Examples include Darkest Lariat for Slowbro and Dragapult, and Poison Jab for Azumarill. I'd still prefer Earthquake though since Toxapex is a pain in the arse. Additional bulk eases set up. Alternatively, it can be used outside of rain with a priority move for faster foes. Drain Punch is boosted by Iron Fist and could be useful to recover lost HP from Belly Drum, though Close Combat would be much more useful for plowing through its checks.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Pokemon Name: Luxray
Role: Guts Sweeper / Wallbreaker
Stat Changes (If Any): 80 / 126 (+6) / 80 (+1) / 95 / 80 (+1) / 75 (+5) (BST: 535)
Movepool Changes (If Any): Zing Zap, Bulk Up
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Luxray utilizes its ok bulk in combination with either Bulk Up or Agility to become a formidable sweeper or wallbreaker. With Dynamax, it can boost its Attack and set up Terrain, then go in with powerful Zing Zaps and Facades after exiting Dynamax.

Pokemon Name: Dedenne
Role: Triage Revenge Killer
Stat Changes (If Any): 67 / 58 / 67 (+10) / 91 (+10) / 107 (+40) / 101 (BST: 491)
Ability Changes (If Any): -Pickup, +Triage
Movepool Changes (If Any): Draining Kiss, Calm Mind
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Dedenne's sole niche is that of a revenge killer with Triage Draining Kiss and Parabolic Charge. While its bulk isn't nothing special, it can allow it to take hits from specially based Pokemon if necessary. Works best in the late game to clean up with Calm Mind once checks are eliminated or it can operate as a Choice Specs revenge killer.

Pokemon Name: Dragalge
Role: Poison Abuser
Stat Changes (If Any): 65 / 75 / 100 (+10) / 99 +(2) / 123 / 46 (+2) (BST: 508)
Ability Changes (If Any): -Poison Point, +Merciless
Movepool Changes (If Any): Baneful Bunker, Pain Split
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Dragalge gets a bump in its defense in order to better live physical hits, and a slight increase in power and speed switch are able to go a long way. Baneful Bunker + Pain Split are paramount in its poison abuse, as Baneful Bunker allows it to immediately poison near any physical attacker it should face, and Pain Split allows it to do something to Pokemon like Chansey (who cares little for special attacks or Poison) and steel types (who resist / are immune to STABs and are immune to Poison). The speed bump is just so that it can creep Conkeldurr if it chooses to do so and retaliate.

Last edited:
Pokémon Name: :zoroark: Zoroark
Role: Anti-Setup/Anti-Sweeper/Crippler/whatdoyoucallthissomeonehelp
Stat Changes: 80 HP / 60 Attack / 60 Defense / 105 Special Attack / 105 Special Defense / 120 Speed (BST 530)
(switched Attack with Special Defense, switched Special Attack with Speed and added 20 to HP)
Ability Changes: None
Movepool Changes: Topsy-Turvy, Parting Shot, Will-o-Wisp

What sets this Pokémon apart from ones with similar roles?
Illusion was already Zoroark's most unique quality! I just wanted to help it to take advantage of it - Illusion alone immediately sets it apart from every other Pokémon like this.
Having Illusion makes it possible for Zoroark to come in on a setup sweeper and eliminate their boosts or cripple them without letting on that it can do so. Just knowing that a Zoroark is on the team will make it harder for wallbreakers to do their jobs until they can find a way to distinguish it - that totally passive, setup-bait wall in front of them may just as easily be a fast Pokémon with Topsy-Turvy or a crippling burn.
Parting Shot also takes advantage of Zoroark's disguise - if the opponent switches in a counter to whatever they think it is, Parting Shot can create momentum by forcing another switch and expanding its allies' options on the next turn.
Zoroark is still very physically frail, and if it's disguised as a wall, a wallbreaker can aways just try to hit the wall first. It's also far easier to identify once it's taken any chip damage at all! With that in mind, it's not exactly low risk to use it.
Still, this should give it a much more unique playing style that I think fits it much better than just being a special sweeper.
also fast cripplers/fast defensive pivots are so fun and so rare

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Pokemon Name: Druddigon
Role: bad dragon Bulky Tank
Stat Changes: 107 (+30) / 120 / 100 (+10) / 60 / 100 (+10) / 48 [535 BST, same as Duraludon]
Ability Changes -Mold Breaker, +Thick Fat
Movepool Changes: Cross Poison, Roost, Spikes, Toxic Spikes
Typing Changes: Dragon/Poison
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: In a meta full of dragons (Kommo-O, Hydreigon, Kyurem, Dragapult and our newly buffed ones like Appletun), it's hard to stand out, especially when they were designed to be forgettable like Druddigon. Most of the dragons focus on offensive play, and so I took Druddigon on a route that afforded it some excellent defensive options. Thick Fat gives it Fairy and Ice neutrality, Toxic immunity, Toxic Spikes absorption and 7 resistances. It also gets every hazard, and so has some degree of customization, and this is valuable with its native Dragon Tail. It's very passive though, as it's only boosting move is Hone Claws, and both types aren't ideal offensively due to having frequent immunities or resistances. When compared with our future hypothetical Dragalge, it is less offensively orientated due to no offensive ability (such as Adaptability) and is a momentum sink (whereas Dragalge has Flip Turn).
Typing changes are not allowed, Druddigon must remain pure Dragon

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokemon Name: Bouffalant
Role: Recoil-based Normal attacker
Stat Changes (If Any): 95 / 130 (+20) / 95 / 40 / 95 / 65 (+10) (520 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): None
Movepool Changes (If Any): Flare Blitz
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Flare Blitz may seem like a totally insane stretch but hear me out. Bouffalant's entire theme is recoil: Its signature move, access to Reckless and just its general design and mannerisms (e.g. BW animated sprite). Normal types themselves are well known for extremely wide movepools and there have been cases where they can learn even crazier stuff via breeding: Most notably, Flame Wheel Raticate, which was also the justfication for my Persian sub which had that as a move to abuse Technician. Anyways other than that this is just vanilla Bouffalant but massively upgraded, with the aforementioned coverage being great for Corviknight and the occasional Durant. Unlike stuff like Persian it's way slower and it doesn't outclass Bewear since that still has Fighting type and Fluffy going for it. Compared to the two Darmanitan forms it also has much higher bulk and some different coverage choices like Close Combat and Wild Charge.

Last edited:
Don't you just hate it when you come up with a good idea, only for it to get sniped?
:ss/exploud:
Pokemon Name: Exploud
Role: Normal-type Choice Specs user
Stat Changes (If Any): 109 (+5) / 91 / 75 (+8) / 111 (+20) / 81 (+8) / 68 (535 BST)
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Although it doesn't have particularly good defenses like Magearna or the brute force of Aegislash, Exploud makes up for this with its huge offensive movepool and slightly better speed tier (not by much, but don't get me started). Yeah in all seriousness, Exploud is meant to do one thing: abuse Choice Specs and fire off extremely powerful Scrappy-boosted Boombursts or some other of its coverage moves. So basically, it does the same thing it's always done since Gen 6. But it can now do it better! Between much better bulk (109/75/81 compared to 104/67/73), much better special attack (111 versus 91), not to mention an already huge movepool, Exploud is now much better. Unlike Porygon-Z, Exploud is much tankier and can take hits better, not to mention actual special Normal-type STAB and Scrappy enabling it to hit Ghost-types, but has much worse power without Choice Specs and is way slower.

Pokemon Name: Scizor
Role: Priority attacker and offensive pivot
Stat Changes (If Any): none
Ability Changes (If Any): none
Movepool Changes (If Any): none
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: It's friccin Scizor. Not much to say here other than Durant still having higher power overall, First Impression and more speed so it isn't totally outclassed even if this makes it in.
Then why are you submitting this? Scizor is already as good as it is so there's no reason to submit it (this is a place where every pokemon has a niche, after all, and Scizor's existence alone might de-niche some of these pokemon)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Don't you just hate it when you come up with a good idea, only for it to get sniped?
:ss/exploud:
Pokemon Name: Exploud
Role: Normal-type Choice Specs user
Stat Changes (If Any): 109 (+5) / 91 / 75 (+8) / 111 (+20) / 81 (+8) / 68 (535 BST)
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Although it doesn't have particularly good defenses like Magearna or the brute force of Aegislash, Exploud makes up for this with its huge offensive movepool and slightly better speed tier (not by much, but don't get me started). Yeah in all seriousness, Exploud is meant to do one thing: abuse Choice Specs and fire off extremely powerful Scrappy-boosted Boombursts or some other of its coverage moves. So basically, it does the same thing it's always done since Gen 6. But it can now do it better! Between much better bulk (109/75/81 compared to 104/67/73), much better special attack (111 versus 91), not to mention an already huge movepool, Exploud is now much better. Unlike Porygon-Z, Exploud is much tankier and can take hits better, not to mention actual special Normal-type STAB and Scrappy enabling it to hit Ghost-types, but has much worse power without Choice Specs and is way slower.

Then why are you submitting this? Scizor is already as good as it is so there's no reason to submit it (this is a place where every pokemon has a niche, after all, and Scizor's existence alone might de-niche some of these pokemon)
Hmm yeah you got a point. My thought process is that Bullet Punch would be a valuable asset against Clefable, Tyranitar and Galarian Darmanitan but I realize now there's other stuff to handle those threats like nerfed Melmetal and Scarf Perrserker as well as pre-existing mons like Durant. It would be redundant at best and nullify other mons at worst. I'll delete it.

Pokemon Name: Dedenne
Role: Triage Revenge Killer
Stat Changes (If Any): 67 / 58 / 67 (+10) / 91 (+10) / 107 (+40) / 101 (BST: 491)
Ability Changes (If Any): -Pickup, +Triage
Movepool Changes (If Any): Draining Kiss, Calm Mind
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Dedenne's sole niche is that of a revenge killer with Triage Draining Kiss and Parabolic Charge. While its bulk isn't nothing special, it can allow it to take hits from specially based Pokemon if necessary. Works best in the late game to clean up with Calm Mind once checks are eliminated or it can operate as a Choice Specs revenge killer.
Vetoing this as it deviates too far from vanilla Dedenne's role. At no point was that mon based around usage of Draining Kiss or Triage, the latter not even making much sense flavor-wise. My suggestion is to either center it around Cheek Pouch or just use Comfey instead as that is in Isle of Armor.

Vetoing this as it deviates too far from vanilla Dedenne's role. At no point was that mon based around usage of Draining Kiss or Triage, the latter not even making much sense flavor-wise. My suggestion is to either center it around Cheek Pouch or just use Comfey instead as that is in Isle of Armor.
i think the idea is to make it based around parabolic charge, something that comfey does not get (and would make little sense for comfey to get)

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
i think the idea is to make it based around parabolic charge, something that comfey does not get (and would make little sense for comfey to get)
Aaaaah I see now. Still have doubts considering Triage's questionable flavor for a Pikaclone and how I'm not sure if Parabolic Charge was ever so heavily associated with Dedenne as to justify letting that ability slide just to allow it to use the move better, but I'm open to discussing this further.

Ema Skye's Druddigon
Hematite's Zoroark
Dramps's Bouffalant
My Slowbro-Galar
MegaFlareon's Poliwrath
War Incarnate's Exploud

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)