Pet Mod [Gen 8] Perfect Galar

Ticktock's Melmetal
Ticktock's Double Iron Bash
Adou's Drapion
Adou's Smack Down
Pokemon Guy's Explosion
(Albeit with a little less BP; If it doesn't win, I may tinker with it next slate)

Toxic: Pre-Home
Knock Off: Pre-Home
Defog: Post-Home

Ticktock's Double Iron Bash
Adou's Toxicroak
Adou's Smack Down
DefRevenge24601's Weezing-Galar
RottenInfernape's Ninetales

Toxic: Post-Home Distribution
Knock Off: Post-Home Distribution
Defog: Post-Home Distribution

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
It's done! The first and second place winners will be let in, so...

A Melmetal nerf in the future? I got one prepared.

Pokemon Name: Melmetal
Role: Offensive Tank
Stat Changes (If Any): 125 (-10)/123 (-20)/123 (-20)/80/65/84 (+50)
Ability Changes (If Any): N/A
Movepool Changes (If Any): -Superpower, -Body Press, -Brick Break, +Bulk Up
Reasoning: By reducing its gargantuan bulk a bit downwards, and removing its Fighting-type coverage (barring the unreliable Dynamic Punch) for a major chunk of coverage, I think this should work as a nerf. Losing the ability to hit Dark and other Steel-types super effectively does hamper its ability to punish those who face its massive bulk. On the other hand, thanks to the way that the rules work here, the nerfed stats are now dumped in Speed, resulting in it becoming much faster and effectively outrun stuff. It also now gets Bulk Up to at least give it a boosting move.

Move: Double Iron Bash
Changes: No longer has a chance to flinch the target.
Reasoning: Well, since Melmetal is bonkers, so is its signature move. The power is justifiable, but the flinch chance is painful, so why not remove it?
Base Power 50 to 70, multiplied by 1.5 when smacking down a Flying-type, Pokemon holding an Air Balloon, Pokemon effected by Magnet Rise, or Pokemon with Levitate. This bonus does not apply to Pokemon that have already been smacked down. Any Pokemon hit by Smack Down will be unable to use Roost.
I feel this change is necessary in order to provide a consistent Rock STAB when Smack Down is the only physical Rock-type move not exclusive to a specific Pokemon with 100% accuracy. This change could potentially buff certain Pokemon with it, the first thought coming into my mind being Rhyperior, to become more viable as a check to Ground immunities such as Corviknight or the Rotoms.

Pokemon Name: Weezing-Galar
Role: Special Attacker/Debuffer for Poison; Secondary Function as Wonder Room setter and Def/SpD Wall
Stat Changes (If Any): -10 Spe, Atk; +20 SpA, +10 HP (500 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any): Remove Misty Terrain; Add Corrosion
Movepool Changes (If Any): Remove Sunny Day; Add Toxic Thread, Baneful Bunker, Acid Armor, Wonder Room
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?:
Besides the unique Poison/Fairy typing providing an immunity to Dragon (in exchange for x2 damage from Steel), Weezing-Galar is a surprisingly tough wall that sports a base Def of 120, with Wonder Room allowing it to swap it with SpD at will while keeping it's Def high with Acid Armor (if you choose to put it). However, where this mon shines is with Corrosion, where it can run a full Poison STAB while being able to affect Poison and Steel types with it's statuses. It also has a lot of versatility on what kind of set it can run, opting for a Toxic/Venom Drench/Venoshock set for a heavy Special sweep/debuff or more of a trap setter/powder user with Poison Powder and Toxic Spikes.

Sample Sets:

Specially Offensive/Trap Setter
Rockefeller (Weezing-Galar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Corrosion
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Toxic
- Venom Drench
- Venoshock
- Toxic Spikes

Wonder Room Tank
Phonon (Weezing-Galar) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Def / 4 Spe / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Acid Armor
- Wonder Room
- Toxic Thread
- Baneful Bunker
In addition, the votes for the major moves have spoken: Toxic and Knock Off will be reverted back to pre-Home distribution, with Defog's being kept as is right now!

Ticktock's Double Iron Bash (4)

Ticktock's Melmetal (3)
Adou's Smack Down (3)
DefRevenge24601's Weezing-Galar (3)

Adou's Drapion (2)
RottenInfernape's Ninetales (2)

Pokemon Guy's Explosion (1)
Adou's Toxicroak (1)

Toxic: Pre-Home (3), Post-Home (1)
Knock Off: Pre-Home (3), Post-Home (1)
Defog: Post-Home (4)

Once again suspending slates to get this last bit coded. Join our Discord server and keep an eye out for future announcements about playtest tours!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ayo! If you wanna help me continue to develop this pet mod into a good ass meta, you might wanna join my new Discord server! It's a unified hub for all my mods, and right now we're having a vote on which of the ones incorporated to playtest first, so come in and vote!

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
After a sick playtesting roomtour we had earlier today, let's get back to slates!

Persian Sprite
Appletun Sprite
Meowstic Sprite
Meowstic Sprite

Slate #6: Pair-up Power
The two forms of Persian need to be buffed up statwise to be on par with Perrserker (490 BST) and Appletun, while it did gain Calm Mind in a previous slate, also has to be buffed to have the same BST as Flapple (505). I decided to throw in the two Meowstic forms because they could use the buff and to add more variety to the slate. Just keep in mind that you should sub both forms and make their BSTs equal! You're also free to make any other alterations in line with the basic rules.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Pokemon: Persian
Role: Fast Fake Out pivot
Stat Changes: 65 / 95 (+25) / 65 (+5) / 65 / 65 / 135 (+20) (490 BST)
Ability Changes: -Unnerve, +Scrappy
Movepool Changes: +Crunch, Flame Wheel
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: As the role name may have clued you in on, Persian's biggest asset over other speedy cleaners (namely Zeraora and Dragapult) is its absolutely nuclear Fake Outs that can quickly dispose of weakened threats. It's also the only viable Normal type Scrappy user available in this restricted Pokedex, should you want to take that route for better assurance against the aforementioned Dragapult as well as scarfed Ghosts. It also doesn't directly outclass Cincinno as that Pokemon still has Skill Link to its name.

Persian Sprite

Pokemon Name: Persian-Alola
Role: Fast Parting Shot supporter
Stat Changes (If Any): 95 (+30) / 60 / 60 / 85 (+10) / 70 / 125 (+10) (490 BST)
Ability Changes (If Any):
Movepool Changes (If Any):
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?:
Compared to the Silvally forms it has much more speed and physical bulk, as well as better support tools like Foul Play. This all distinguishes it from the likes of Incineroar and Pangoro, two offensive Parting Shotters.

Pokemon Name: Appletun
Stat Changes (If Any): +15 Def
Reasoning: Calm Mind shores up its SpDef just fine but if you want to get a little physical defensiveness, it could be hard. 15 defense likely doesn't turn the meta upside down but it couldn't hurt the pie dragon to have some defenses to empower its Body Press just a bit more.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Due to difficulties coding it and my own feelings on the og drawback being too excessive, Max Overgrowth's drawback has been changed to make the user weak to Fire.

Also, please sub for the slate. I beg you.

Pokemon Name: Meowstic
Role: Screen Setter/Utility
Stat Changes (If Any): 74/48/90(+14)/95(+12)/100(+19)/104 (+45 total)
Ability Changes (If Any): None
Movepool Changes (If Any): Parting Shot, Moonblast
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Meowstic can now use an excellent combination of screens and priority Parting Shot to provide support for setup sweepers, and has tools against the obvious counterplay of sending in a Dark-type via the addition of Moonblast. Aside from screens, it can play a mixed support role by running Thunder Wave or Yawn with Parting Shot.

Pokemon Name: Meowstic-F
Role: Nasty Plot Sweeper
Stat Changes (If Any): 74/48/76/110(+27)/88(+7)/115 (+11) (+45 total)
Ability Changes (If Any): - Keen Eye, + Dazzling
Movepool Changes (If Any): Disable, Moonblast, Ice Beam
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: The niche of viable, fast, hard-hitting Psychic-types is only really being filled by Espeon at the moment, whose offensive sets are typically limited to choice items. The addition of Disable allows Meowstic-F to opt for Substitute sets, and Moonblast grants it a tool to deal with Dark-types. Dazzling allows it a unique niche in not having to worry about Sucker Punch and other priority options.

Also, please sub for the slate. I beg you.
:appletun:
Role: Bulky Special Attacker / Offensive Wall
Stat Changes (if any): 120 (+10) / 85 / 85 (+5) / 100 / 85 (+5) / 30 (BST: 505)
Movepool Changes (if any): +Toxic
What sets this Pokemon apart from one’s with similar roles: Ok, my changes to this Pokemon is really sad, I know. But it’s really hard to compete anywhere. 120 Special Attack is completely outclassed by Kyurem, while 130 HP will still leave its Special Defense and Special Attack less than Vaporeon. Furthermore, it’s Speed is really low.
What does set it apart though, is it’s ability. Ripen is incredible, allowing it to gain a lot more HP than it normally would (you could also run Sitrus Berry for Doubles heehee). This would make it harder to kill. It’s access to both Reflect and Light Screen allows it to run Light Clay, while it can set up with Calm Mind behind a Substitute. While it certainly can’t compete in terms of offensive damage, it can certainly take a number of hits, and this difference in movepool and ability differentiates it from other Pokemon.

P.S. I don’t really know what other Pokemon are Bulky attackers here, so forgive me if this thing is already outclassed by something else.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
:appletun:
Role: Bulky Special Attacker / Offensive Wall
Stat Changes (if any): 120 (+10) / 85 / 85 (+5) / 100 / 85 (+5) / 30 (BST: 505)
Movepool Changes (if any): Dark Pulse
What sets this Pokemon apart from one’s with similar roles: Ok, my changes to this Pokemon is really sad, I know. But it’s really hard to compete anywhere. 120 Special Attack is completely outclassed by Kyurem, while 130 HP will still leave its Special Defense and Special Attack less than Vaporeon. Furthermore, it’s Speed is really low.
What does set it apart though, is it’s ability. Ripen is incredible, allowing it to gain a lot more HP than it normally would (you could also run Sitrus Berry for Doubles heehee). This would make it harder to kill. It’s access to both Reflect and Light Screen allows it to run Light Clay, while it can set up with Calm Mind behind a Substitute. While it certainly can’t compete in terms of offensive damage, it can certainly take a number of hits, and this difference in movepool and ability differentiates it from other Pokemon.

P.S. I don’t really know what other Pokemon are Bulky attackers here, so forgive me if this thing is already outclassed by something else.
Good sub but Dark Pulse seems really nonsensical and frankly not even that helpful.

Ema Skye

Work!
Pokemon: Meowstic-M
Role: Hazard control, Screens control
Stat Changes: 84 (+10) / 48 / 91 (+15) / 83 / 91 (+10) / 104 [Total: 501]
Ability Changes: -Keen Eye, +Screen Cleaner
Movepool Changes: Taunt, Defog
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Prankster Defog gives it a reliable way to remove hazards, as the only way that can be blocked is Prankster Taunt. Or, in a total middle finger to HO, you can run Screen Cleaner to remove both screens and hazards upon entry without needing Defog, and then set up your own screens. Both abilities let it perform the same utility, and both provide different ways of doing it [Prankster doesn't care about speed but has to run Defog, whereas Screen Cleaner does care about speed, but gets an extra moveslot].

Pokemon: Appletun
Role: Sticky Web setter, bulky Grass type
Stat Changes: 130 (+20) / 85 / 80 / 100 / 80 / 30 [Total: 505]
Ability Changes: -Gluttony, +Aroma Veil
Movepool Changes: Sticky Web
Move Changes: Apple Acid is supereffective on Poison and Steel types
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Sticky Web primarily is about giving Appletun something to do while taking hits - my thought is that it's more about being stuck in sticky nectar. Slurpuff gets it and its all about being sweet and sticky, so I figured it worked. Aroma Veil provides Taunt immunity (and Appletun's nector smells potent), so its supports can't be shut off. The HP buff improves its tanking abilities, and the buffed Apple Acid gives it a decent offensive move that isn't resisted by virtually everything.

Role: Choice Scarf user, Choice Specs user, Psychic Terrain setter
Stat Changes: 74 / 48 / 76 / 98 (+15) / 81 / 124 (+20) [Total: 501]
Ability Changes -Keen Eye, +Psychic Surge
Movepool Changes (If Any): Aura Sphere, Taunt
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Compared to the other Psychic Surge user, Meowstic-F trades some points in attack for a much higher speed tier. This is good, because it really needs Choice Specs to make up for its limited attacking stat. The priority immunity helps here as it's also fairly frail, and limits its ability to be revenge killed by things like Cinderace. Aura Sphere helps it with coverage and offers another compromise with Indeedee, who gets Mystical Fire instead. Gave it Taunt to match the male form; it could be useful if you don't want to do Choice sets and instead go for stallbreaking.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Pokemon: Meowstic-M
Role: Hazard control, Screens control
Stat Changes: 84 (+10) / 48 / 91 (+15) / 83 / 91 (+10) / 104 [Total: 501]
Ability Changes: -Keen Eye, +Screen Cleaner
Movepool Changes: Taunt, Defog
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Prankster Defog gives it a reliable way to remove hazards, as the only way that can be blocked is Prankster Taunt. Or, in a total middle finger to HO, you can run Screen Cleaner to remove both screens and hazards upon entry without needing Defog, and then set up your own screens. Both abilities let it perform the same utility, and both provide different ways of doing it [Prankster doesn't care about speed but has to run Defog, whereas Screen Cleaner does care about speed, but gets an extra moveslot].

Pokemon: Appletun
Role: Sticky Web setter, bulky Grass type
Stat Changes: 130 (+20) / 85 / 80 / 100 / 80 / 30 [Total: 505]
Ability Changes: -Gluttony, +Aroma Veil
Movepool Changes: Sticky Web
Move Changes: Apple Acid is supereffective on Poison and Steel types
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Sticky Web primarily is about giving Appletun something to do while taking hits - my thought is that it's more about being stuck in sticky nectar. Slurpuff gets it and its all about being sweet and sticky, so I figured it worked. Aroma Veil provides Taunt immunity (and Appletun's nector smells potent), so its supports can't be shut off. The HP buff improves its tanking abilities, and the buffed Apple Acid gives it a decent offensive move that isn't resisted by virtually everything.
These look great! Could you make an accompanying Meowstic-F sub too?

Ema Skye

Work!
What sets this Pokemon apart from ones with similar roles?: Compared to the other Psychic Surge user, Meowstic-F trades some points in attack for a much higher speed tier. This is good, because it really needs Choice Specs to make up for its limited attacking stat. The priority immunity helps here as it's also fairly frail, and limits its ability to be revenge killed by things like Cinderace. Aura Sphere helps it with coverage and offers another compromise with Indeedee, who gets Mystical Fire instead. Gave it Taunt to match the male form; it could be useful if you don't want to do Choice sets and instead go for stallbreaking.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Cool! Edit this into ur og post tho

Regardless, let me throw in a sub for the Meowstic pairs (and no, obviously not just the CFM sets):

Role: F A S T support (the same, but more reliant on speed and bulk than Prankster)
Stats: 75 / 55 / 65 / 75 / 95 / 125 (BST: 490)
Abilities: Keen Eye / Infiltrator / Magic Bounce
Movepool: +Encore
, +Copycat, +Nuzzle, +Taunt, +Barrier, +Speed Swap
Summary
: Hardly a reinvention of the wheel, but the thing about Meowstic is that it's far better at being annoying than actually being effective. It can set up screens, but it can't do much to mons that use it as set up fodder, besides an always inaccurate T-Wave, or do anything at all to prevent its screens from just being blown away. This would remedy that by giving it the moves it needs to back up its role. With increased Speed, I decided to swap Prankster for Magic Bounce, making this cat a great asset for any team in the fight against entry hazards. To balance this, I kept its physical bulk low, although it can now run Barrier. Its SpDef meanwhile is quite respectable, and Copycat is always fun!

Role: Special wall-breaker
Stats: 75 / 65 / 55 / 125 / 75 / 95 (BST: 490)
Abilities: Keen Eye / Infiltrator / Competitive
Movepool: +Dazzling Gleam, +Mystical Fire, +Me First
Summary
: The only reason Meowstic-M gets usage is because of Prankster, and this doesn't even get that. Despite being another of GF's much maligned feline designs, this change gives what was supposed to be a special "attacker" some real muscle with an excellent SpA stat backed up by decent speed and improved coverage. Competitive is also an excellent ability for a powerful special attacker, unheard of on anything this fast and powerful. Me First is another fun move as a counterpart to its other forme's Copycat. Unfortunately, fast and frail Psychic-types with a high Special Attack stat are a dime a dozen, so there isn't much I could think of to distinguish it from the crowd any further...

ADDENDUM: I considered giving Meowstic-F Magic Guard to mirror Meowstic-M's Magic Bounce, but that seemed too Alakazam. Competitive gives it much more of a niche.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Cheeky question, but what's the plan for this with the upcoming DLC? Will it remain OG Galar dex-exclusive?
Yeah it'll stay Galar Dex, but I was thinking that if there's some interesting Pokemon in there we could add em on a case by case basis (if anyone remembers Rose Red and Iris Blue it's kind of like how they had a side format where the lead dev intended to add a handful of Johto Pokemon for funsies)

Supposed to be aligned with Flapple having Crunch, like, symmetry. If we don’t need symmetry, then I’ll replace this with Toxic.
Yeah, just do that

Last edited:
Meowstic: Ema Skye, Adou, thechurchofcage
Appletun: かたわれ時, Dilasc

EDIT: OH, sorry - I thought you were just listing all of the submissions that were eligible!! Oops!!
This should be correctly formatted, then!

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Ema Skye's Meowstic
かたわれ時's Appletun
Adou's Meowstic

I am guessing these are all I should do, because otherwise I'd be voting for all of the options, haha. (Also, does order matter for this? The two Meowstic are in order if so, but I'd be happy to support both of them!)
No I mean you gotta vote the preferred options for each Pokemon (see how I did it in my post)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)