Gen V Balanced Hackmons

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehy

Banned deucer.
Because I thought Rayquaza had a higher SpAtk than Dialga (apparently not)
The main reason is that they have an equivalent special attack, but rayquaza's base 150 attack allows it to bluff other sets.. But dialga's resistance to e-speed probably makes it a better overall sweeper than rayquaza.

Find something that deals with Slaking, find something that can deal with Contrary sweepers (can take Draco Meteor, Superpower, V-Create, Leaf Storm), slap some u-turns on, you're good to go. Short answer: No.
Unaware Chansey + Unaware Giratina + Shedinja (RS & weather support)

Unaware Chansey + Unaware Giratina + Shedinja (RS & weather support)
Or you could sac something and bring in Imposter Blissey.

Unaware Chansey loses out on Imposter, and Unaware Giratina loses out on Prankster, so I would use the Revenge Killing Method.

Unaware ignores Imposter's boosts, and Chansey can take a lot of punishment (after a Cotton Guard you're not 2HKOed by Slaking's ES and easily survive a HJK), also this way you can you know, still have a mon alive, Chansey walls special attackers all day

How does this set look?

Blissey @ toxic orb
Trait: Poison Heal
Nature: Bold
-Leech Seed
-Ingrain
-Cotton Gaurd
-Gastro Acid

Walled and beat by Substitute users, Prankster+Taunt Users. And grass users which are extremely rare. Possibly some more counters in there. Mandatory to use an Unaware+Heart Swap teammate with her, so Sub+Quiver Dance doesnt set up all over you. But pair it with spikes and you have yourself a standard annoying leech seed set with the sub. Any possible move changes or ability. A possible change could be suction cups so you have the freedom to switch out. And add a move to stop status

How does this set look?

Blissey @ toxic orb
-Leech Seed
-Ingrain
-Cotton Gaurd
-Gastro Acid

Walled and beat by Substitute users, Prankster+Taunt Users. And grass users which are extremely rare. Possibly some more counters in there. Mandatory to use an Unaware+Heart Swap teammate with her, so Sub+Quiver Dance doesnt set up all over you. But pair it with spikes and you have yourself a standard annoying leech seed set with the sub. Any possible move changes or ability. A possible change could be suction cups so you have the freedom to switch out. And add a move to stop status
Don't grass types also stop that set?

How does this set look?

Blissey @ toxic orb
-Leech Seed
-Ingrain
-Cotton Gaurd
-Gastro Acid

Since you're using Ingrain you could use Whirlwind instead of Leech Seed (with some hazzards), since wit Blissey's gigantic HP you won't really get a lot

tehy

Banned deucer.
Firstly, ingrain is ridiculous-you get only plus 6% a turn and can't switch out of something that destroys blissey, when you could easily seed them on the switch and wear them down?
Replace it with either:
Whirlwind:For phazing sub users, which ensures that they can't just set up on you easily. If you have hazards, this helps.
Wish: Team support and even more ridiculous healing. Even at plus six, you can still probably be beaten down by something like belly drum slaking/heart swap SOMETHING, so wish would help there.
Toxic:Deals with sub users on the switch-in, and with grass-types and/or sap sippers, although i don't believe either is particularly common. Can also help burn lum berries, i suppose.
Spore: Because, why not. Could help by putting things to sleep-that blissey seems like it can afford to burn through lum berries before actually sleeping somebody.
Magic coat: Reflects taunts and hazards, essentially.
Amnesia:Boost even more, thus making you unbreakable!!! If you're a fan of such strategies.
Lucky Chant: On the face of it, LOL. But, if you really feel that you can't be broken and don't need any help with the fourth moveslot, why not remove the only thing that can beat you-crits?

Also, here's an idea- Leech seed/softboiled, cotton guard, quiver dance, and stored power/something that gets good unresisted coverage in balanced hackmons. You get huge recovery and with huge defenses, you can easily afford to fully boost, then start crushing everything. If you kept leech seed, you can use it to get past dark-types.

Ingrain is great if you know you are up against Whirlwind abusers. Aqua Ring if you are really that concerned about going 6-0.

Better to use moves that cannot be bounced back at you.

I don't play BH (though I admit it sounds pretty interesting). Just wondering if (and suggesting if not) people have used Imprison to counter opposing imposter pokemon? As long as you imprison before or during the turn the imposter switches in, the imposter will just be forced to switch out.

I dunno, maybe something like this (just thought of this off the top of my head, I'm sure others can come up with something better):

Slaking @ Something useful
Nature: Probably Adamant
Ability: Scrappy
Moveset: Imprison / Belly Drum / Extremespeed / Mach Punch

... It's similar to using substitute to block imprison I guess, except (the only big difference I can see is that) it'd force a switching in imposter to have to switch back out unless it struggles. I.e. Substitute can only block imposter if imposter switches in after sub is already up, meaning imposter will still be successful if sub is used on the same turn as imposter switch in, but if imprison is used instead of sub, then yes imposter copies successfully, but cannot use any moves.

Anyway, that was just some quick thinking. I imagine others probably have tried it, but I don't recall reading about it.

@Chinese Dood
I Might try out an Imposter Lure with Imprison on my next team.
In theory it seems good,however the most popular Impostor Pokemon,Bliss,has been pretty nonexistent,at least for me.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I don't play BH (though I admit it sounds pretty interesting). Just wondering if (and suggesting if not) people have used Imprison to counter opposing imposter pokemon? As long as you imprison before or during the turn the imposter switches in, the imposter will just be forced to switch out.

I dunno, maybe something like this (just thought of this off the top of my head, I'm sure others can come up with something better):

Slaking @ Something useful
Nature: Probably Adamant
Ability: Scrappy
Moveset: Imprison / Belly Drum / Extremespeed / Mach Punch

... It's similar to using substitute to block imprison I guess, except (the only big difference I can see is that) it'd force a switching in imposter to have to switch back out unless it struggles. I.e. Substitute can only block imposter if imposter switches in after sub is already up, meaning imposter will still be successful if sub is used on the same turn as imposter switch in, but if imprison is used instead of sub, then yes imposter copies successfully, but cannot use any moves.

Anyway, that was just some quick thinking. I imagine others probably have tried it, but I don't recall reading about it.
The big issue is that Imposter pokemon rarely if not never switch in mid turn. Their primary function is to revenge kill after one of their pokemon falls.

That being said, Imprison goes through Magic Coat and is AMAZING on lead Deoxys-S's.

I'm totally theorymonning, since i'm new of BH (and i wish to see more battles/war stories), but how about the most sturdiest mon (don't know who can be the better for this role) with something like:

Perish Song
Recover
Taunt/Mean Look
Safe Guard/Substitute/Taunt

and the ability Shadow Tag or Prankster ? He/she can function as a reliable persihtrapper. Comes in on a kill, trapping the target with ST or Prank-ML and start stalling the opponent with the right support move. Only U-turn/Volt-switch/shed shell/BP/lolSoundproof mons can evade this set i think.

Admiral Kuzan

formerly MavsObbession
I think there is a tier very similar to this, if not the same. It's called the StreetPKMN Tier on the Smogon University PO Server.

I think there is a tier very similar to this, if not the same. It's called the StreetPKMN Tier on the Smogon University PO Server.
That tier is a lot more limited. Only natural abilities and only on pokemon that know mimic. BH is nearly unrestricted on abilities and on the pokemon that can be used.

The big issue is that Imposter pokemon rarely if not never switch in mid turn. Their primary function is to revenge kill after one of their pokemon falls.

That being said, Imprison goes through Magic Coat and is AMAZING on lead Deoxys-S's.
Yeah I guess this is probably a metagame where things aren't going to get two turns (Imprison + stat boosting move) to set up very often.

I dunno though, maybe something not requiring set up moves... like Contrary Palkia (@ Lum for Spore?) with Imprison / Draco Meteor / Superpower / Extremespeed still seems viable though? (Palkia instead of other dragons simply because it only has one weakness in Dragon, and Draco Meteor seems to be the most common Dragon move)

So first Imprison on something that is going to switch out or something that does not have a dragon attack to KO Palkia. ... then KO stuff while avoiding being revenged by faster Draco Meteor/Extremespeed/Imposter due to imprison? The point was that Imprison can prevent opponent revenge kills with your other moveslots. For Palkia I just thought it might be a faster Draco Meteor or a pure power choice band slaking extremespeed or something like that (or probably more commonly a scarf imposter blissey, which imprison takes care of handily).

Slaking is broken, Imposter blissey is the only real counter
Nothing can switch in. But prioirty heartswap rapes the belly drum sweep and then returns the favor. No belly drum is killed by giratina pretty hard. And Imposter blissey is good. I've had sucess running full teams of them. Raped by sub. But it was hilarious.

Serene grace abuse giratina anyone?
Giratina @leftovers
Ability: serene grace
Evs: guess
- sacred fire
- iron head
- u-turn
- ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)