Gen V Initial UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could've sworn Vulpix was banned, or was that PO's official server only?

I see a very bloated BL tier consisting of Chansey, Kyurem, and maybe Vulpix or Hippopotas. IMO Stoutland could work as a sweeper under Sand.

OH WOW. Starmie and Gengar have been OU for 5 generations already.

Wait, Espeon didn't make the OU short list?

And how are Victini, Kyurem and Kingdra UU? o.O Interesting shit going on in UU.

Methinks chansey will be out of there pretty quick. It takes hits on both sides of the spectrum, has a stellar movepool, and is fairly easy to create synergy with. I expect to see it zapdos, cune, and quite a few old OUs extremly often. I also love how uu has multiple former ubers in it :p quite lolzy

Methinks chansey will be out of there pretty quick. It takes hits on both sides of the spectrum, has a stellar movepool, and is fairly easy to create synergy with. I expect to see it zapdos, cune, and quite a few old OUs extremly often. I also love how uu has multiple former ubers in it :p quite lolzy
@bolded text: wait, Chansey takes physical hits nicely now?

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
@bolded text: wait, Chansey takes physical hits nicely now?
Yes. That thing can take quite the physical hit with max Defense and Eviolite. I tank physical hits with that think in Ubers, for pete's sake!

Destiny Warrior

also known as Darkwing_Duck
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deodorant-D will be ana sset to stall(if stall actually exists).

I can't believe I forgot Tangrowth.

Dusclops/Noir will get kicks in usage, since they can stop Sawsbuck. Very handy for stall.

yes chansey can take physical hits with ease, with proper investment. Someone mentioned it being 2HKOed by victini fire blast in sun. However assuming specs modest victini, a mainly specially defensive chansey takes it amazingly well. Chansey can live specs reshiram's sun-boosted blue flame. With enough hp to continuously softboiled-stall it out of pp. I think it can handle victini fine.

Destiny Warrior

Uhh, i didn't say specs modest victini> I said +2 Houndoom in the Sun.

Chansey is bulky, true. But who will run SPecs Modest Victini, when CB Jolly V-Create Koes 252/252+?

Deodorant-D will be ana sset to stall(if stall actually exists).
Stall doesn't exist just like T-tar is UU.

Sarcasm aside stall is a huge huge problem this gen as the primary way to deal with high end sweepers is super bulky high recovery setups. BP chain teams have more ways than ever to prevent any kind of interruption and existing normally defensive Pokemon now even get reliable recovery. Slowbro/king, Tangrowth etc.

Don't forget Eviolite Tangela and Gligar...small last gen fears of OU lite resurfacing. Personally I think in establishing a new UU it might be better to see what the players who participate in it wish to see on key issues such as Eviolite, Weather and the usual BL suspects.

Kyurem, Mew, Deo-D and Vulpix probably won't last long, but otherwise we've got Snorlax/Chansey/Suicune/Slowbro/Celebi/Cress/etc. to wall stuff and great revenge killers like Flygon, so I can't see it being as inbalanced as some seem to think. Should be lots of fun.

Uhh, i didn't say specs modest victini> I said +2 Houndoom in the Sun
ah my bad *_* . This seems to me like a thriving enviroment for stall, free of reuniclus, and other former stall breaker's like ape. Although Sigalyph (or however it's spelled) could be problematic. UU sounds like it'll be tons of fun :D

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I don't see why you people think Chansey won't be UU; it was last Gen, and with this ridiculous power creep we have in UU, she will be more than welcome down there with her Eviolite.

Shroomisaur

Smogon's fantastical fun-guy.
I don't see why you people think Chansey won't be UU; it was last Gen, and with this ridiculous power creep we have in UU, she will be more than welcome down there with her Eviolite.
Saying that Chansey was UU last Gen isn't at all a valid argument for why it should be now, since with Eviolite she is (arguably) a better wall than Blissey this generation. I think a number of people were surprised at how low Chansey was on the usage (i.e, lower than Bliss).

Still, it's hard to imagine a UU with such a huge power jump from last generation, with the monsters currently on the loose... but that's what BL is for. It will be interesting to see what goes and what stays, and to see if Chansey's usage picks up.

I'm hoping Swellow and Absol will remain the top-tier threats they were last gen, even though there's so much new stuff.. STAB +2 Sucker Punch off base 130 atk is stil gonna kill everything that doesn't resist it, and Victini may well have to resort to carrying Wil-o-wisp just to stop Suckerpunchers.

Destiny Warrior

Peaked at #5, dropped to #7, then logged off, and server went down.

Amazing how well a Sun team built in 5 minutes can do.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
From my first few battles, it looks like the big winner is Baton Pass! Mew and Gorebyss in particular can pass nice boosts to things that are really scary. Without Taunt on my initial team, there was next to nothing I could do to keep from getting wrecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)