Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
When i saw Silvadi,i knew nothing else in the Corocoro could top it.And unfortunately,i was right.Jarango is okay,but Jararanga is ugly.The awkward limbs ruin it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jararanga looks way different to what I thought it would, but I really like it. However the chance of a high base speed like I was hoping for earlier looks extremely unlikely now. With all that armour it's likely to be slow and bulky, which can also be good since we don't have any good defensive-by-design Dragon-types that isn't Giratina (Zard X, M-Altaria, Latias, and maybe Salamence can pull off those sets but they're better just being offensive), Goodra doesn't count because it was a flop. However, unless it gets a recovery move it'll be doomed to be just as bad as Goodra at that role and will be stuck doing slow, bulky offense. I hope I'm wrong because like I said, it looks really cool so I want to use it!

Silvadi looks freaking amazing though, I hope it isn't a restricted / mythical legend like some people are predicting so I can spam it on all my Battle Spot teams

Is Null even an organic being. Just look on the sides of its face that some weird looking machinery and the item used to change its type is called memory like a computer memory and the ability is AR system. So either this thing is a cyborg or it's just a robot.
Even if it is synthetic it is a complex living being which goes in hand with being organic, the fact it has some technology in its body does not make it less of a living being, which means that as far as it's going to go is a cyborg and even then it's only because of technology headpiece on the sides. It isn't a robot for sure as the implication of those words mean absolutely no organic parts and all machinery which clearly it isn't.

Then again this is pokemon and to question those things when Porygon (just a stream of data in a vessel) exist is no good.

More on topic with this reveal we get more indirect information as to why Silvadi 1st stage which is to say Type: Null is named like that because that helmet as we know is a limiter not only to the pokemon power itself but it also nullifies the AR system ability and thus is denied to change type so the result when trying to do it is null with that at least we know the origin of the name and that it wasn't made of thin air.

For those who still don't like to think of Sivaldi of an evolution think of it as a permanent Primal regresion once it's done but because Type:null has been alive not that much time ago is just a regresion rather than an evolution because it already had that much power, e officially is an evolution though.

The Stone Mask sure does wonders when exposed to the sun it awakened new powers once again but instead of Kars it was Silvadi.

Until you mentioned I did not notice A-Grimer has a pair of tooth.

Did you notice that A-Grimer has the color scheme of a shiny normal Grimmer? Aside from the tooth and beard.

Jangmo-o's final evo looks as regal and powerful as I had hoped, with a sort of Mayan/Aztec vibe coming from it as well. Dragon/Fighting is a great type combo (Fairy weakness aside) and I hope it does well in competitive.

Silvadi is everything I loved about Type: Null cranked up to 11. Arceus's ability and signature move coming off of a non-Legendary Pokemon? Sign me up.
It's Asian, not Mayan nor Aztec, nothing about him is Mesoamerican. Seriously it's armor isn't based on anything Mexican and his tail isn't based on a mesoamerican weapon.

If the Jararanga line gets at least 120 atk and 85 spatk blood will be shed.

Ah, so they were just advertising that. Eh.

The beard and teeth make Alola Grimer look like a cartoonish Prospector, I wonder if that was the intent?

Also: I am sure there are a lot of memes to be had with Silvadi... but "No one cared who I was until I took off the mask" and something related to Boros's Armor in One Punch Man are all that come to mind... maybe something JoJo related too.

Also: Silvadi being able to change types could give a new meaning to Type: Null's name. The mask restricts this power, removes it of all typing (defaulting to Normal, of course) so the codename reflects it. It is always Silvadi, but they put the helmet on, stripping it of its true power and identity. Jeeze that's cruel.

Mostly its own if it lacks the speed to compete with OU dragons. I think that's the key here, if it's fast (with those plates indicating a lot of stats in defense, not looking good) the ability and its dual STABs could potentially be strong in OU. If it's slow.... Well, the x4 fairy weak can be worked around but flying and dragon weaknesses are a real hindrance to a physical tank, particularly in OU/Battlespot/VGC and his typing doesn't have very many positives going for it on the defensive side.

Also: Silvadi being able to change types could give a new meaning to Type: Null's name. The mask restricts this power, removes it of all typing (defaulting to Normal, of course) so the codename reflects it. It is always Silvadi, but they put the helmet on, stripping it of its true power and identity. Jeeze that's cruel.
It's the in-game version of anime (first) Mewtwo.

There was some pandering hidden in it this whole time!

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
Is it even stated outright that Silvadi is the evolution of Type: Null, or just that Type: Null turns into Silvadi after some condition is fulfilled?

If the latter is the case, you could argue that Type: Null is not a Pokémon per se. Just a "pseudo-Pokémon", or a form of Silvadi, akin to Pokémon XD's Shadow Lugia, named XD001.

If I may hypothesize: Type: Null will only be known as Type: Null before you obtain it. It will fight under Gladion's command, but with reduced stats compared to the "real thing", and the Rotom dex will not recognize it (hence the name). Then later, it will break its seal, become free from the Aether Foundation or Team Skull or whatever, show its true colours as Silvadi, and only then will you be able to interact with it like a regular Pokémon.

Other comparisons would be the cocoon forms of Xerneas and Yveltal, the Marowak Ghost, or Mewtwo in its power armour from the first movie. Technically a creature in the franchise, it may even battle you at some point, but unobtainable in those forms. And when you get them later, there are no signs of their pre-transformation form to be found.
It really does say evolve on the Coro coro page.

Where are people getting the idea that Jararanga has to be fast to be good? Aside from Ice, none of its weaknesses are used as common coverage except for Pokemon that gets STAB on them, so it won't be difficult to just switch it out. Not to mention no 4x weaknesses to hidden power. Resistance-wise it's actually pretty good, serving as a rock- and dark resist without being weak to any of the common coverage run alongside it.

I'm more excited for its movepool. It looks like a bulky physical tank so I could see it getting moves like Close Combat, Drain Punch, and Outrage. Iron Head and Tail also seem viable. Overall a sick design, I'm definitely using it in one of my teams.

Edit: oh and we've already seen shots of Type:Null being found in the wild in addition to serebii' confirmation of it evolving proper. It's not a legend/mythical mon.

Jangmo-o's evolutions are great, I'm really excited to have them on my team. Even Type:Null's is good, much better than I expected. It's an improvement of the small things I liked about Null and then adding better features.

Where are people getting the idea that Jararanga has to be fast to be good? Aside from Ice, none of its weaknesses are used as common coverage except for Pokemon that gets STAB on them, so it won't be difficult to just switch it out. Not to mention no 4x weaknesses to hidden power. Resistance-wise it's actually pretty good, serving as a rock- and dark resist without being weak to any of the common coverage run alongside it.

I'm more excited for its movepool. It looks like a bulky physical tank so I could see it getting moves like Close Combat, Drain Punch, and Outrage. Iron Head and Tail also seem viable. Overall a sick design, I'm definitely using it in one of my teams.

Edit: oh and we've already seen shots of Type:Null being found in the wild in addition to serebii' confirmation of it evolving proper. It's not a legend/mythical mon.
Wait, you can find artificial Pokemon developed for the sole purpose of defeating legendaries out in the wild? Alola sure sounds weird.

EDIT: Greninja'd

I usually try to resist posting videos, but thought this was interesting and relevant to the recent discussion threads:

Highlights of note:
-The D-pad seems to be non-functional for movement due to the grid system being gone. We move solely using the analog stick.
-Sneaking up on pokemon seems to have been discontinued, and our default movement is running (apologies to shiny hunters)
-The trainer card is changed (Not surprising that Gyms are gone)
-The game is described as easy, but not any easier than previous gens
-The tutorial segment comes after you can battle other trainers and get the ability to catch pokemon (I'm not so sure if this isn't being confused with a cutscene, as it would be quite strange)
-They may have confused TMs for HMs (solves that debate)
-After two hours of gameplay, they didn't even get to the first trail (If so, either this game is huge or we exponentially speed up as we go)
-There are pokemon we haven't seen yet, as well as Alolan forms (we might be at 100+ pokemon easily)
-The Rotom-dex talks and is reminiscent of Yokai Watch, but doesn't have any special function
-The pokedex is divided between islands
-YOUR MOM GETS HER OWN ROOM

CoroCoro and Game review news opinion:

-Hyped for Type:Null evolution! Also, the evolution method (trainer that it trusts) as well as the descriptions for the starters 2nd stage and rockruff makes me wonder again if we aren't going to see some sort of new mechanism.
-Jararanga reminds me of a samurai wearing plate armor with an open helm. I don't think it will be as slow as we think. Plus it'll probably get access to Dragon Dance.
-Alolan Grimer is okay, though I would have liked a poison/steel type change (does it make sense? no. but does evolution via pancakes?)
-If we get to see pokemon from other Gens except Gen I (Gold/Ruby talk) I am kinda hoping for Alola forms from those gens as well (Plz Arceus Bug/Fighting Ledian and Bug/Dragon Flygon)
-Calling it now, Red is our father, because its the ultimate Gen I pander

Last edited:
Okay, it's like me saying : "hey this game is easy...but I didn't even get to the first boss."

I'm sorry but I can't say something like that if all I killed until now are randoms.
Agreed. Unless there was any remotely relevant battle out there and they were vastly overleveled, they can't say it's easy that early.

We don't know the difficulty of the wild bosses, so how can GameXplain know how "easy" the game is? As stated above, the only kills dealt were random encounters. I'm pretty sure they'll provide a reasonable challenge for the market audience, at least moreso than XY and ORAS.

Considering that Rotom Dex speaks, I'm slightly disappointed that it isn't arrogant. That could mean we will not get any humorous Pokédex entries.

Okay, it's like me saying : "hey this game is easy...but I didn't even get to the first boss."

I'm sorry but I can't say something like that if all I killed until now are randoms.
True, though I think that we have to consider that most games set a learning curve pace early on. For example, the Dark Souls games start off hard and get harder, and you are expected to fail multiple times early on. Also taking into consideration that they were told that the demo stops after the first trail they may have spent some time exploring rather than just booking it to see how far they could get (and honestly, wouldn't most of us spend considerable time in grass looking for yet unrevealed pokemon and exploring towns?). We also had a new feature that now lets you know which moves are super effective against the opposite mon, which might make things easier if the game is harder. Finally, they only had two hours to play, and that includes cut-scences, battle animations, tutorial, etc. so yes, while they cannot tell us how difficult the game will be on the whole, I think we can take the news with some assurance that the game difficulty won't spike too much.

So Type:Null gets a physical form of Judgement?
Depending on the BP of the move (hopefully 85+), that in itself is pretty damn good opening for up the possibility of good physical grass/ice/fairy/poison/rock moves that aren't constrained by low accuracy or PP.

How would they even be able to make these games more challenging without turning the AI hax on full tilt or just overleveling NPCs and turn these games into one long grindfest?
Can we realistically expect GF to make the AI smart enough to be challenging for anyone who has played one of these games before and knows how not to lose?

As a player you get...

- an opportunity to switch in your best Pokémon for the matchup every time an opposing Pokémon faints. (Unless you turn it off.)
- to use healing items during battles which most NPCs do not get to do and even if they do, only in a very limited and predictable amount.
- to use Revives. Really. Imagine the Champ or another "boss" using Revives during a battle. How is the AI supposed to compete with that shit?
- a full team of six, which has never been as easy to train as in Gen VI and I don't see them nerfing the Exp. Share. How many NPCs actually get a full team of six?
- to give your Pokémon items to hold. Again... how many NPCs get this benefit? A few "bosses" probably will have Z-Crystals. Some random trainers might have Pokémon with berries.
You'll probably have a team full of nuke moves in no time. Just think about how many Megas you had access to in XY by the third badge. Z-Crystals are the new big thing. They'll probably be shoving them down our throats.

I do wish that these games were more challenging and force me to actually think during battles and not just spam my most powerful move until I get a textbox from the NPC I'm facing and some cash, but I have literally zero hope that this will be the case.

Last edited:
- to use Revives. Really. Imagine the Champ or another "boss" using Revives during a battle. How is the AI supposed to compete with that shit?
Oh God. Sure, give them higher levels and hold items, but NOT revives. The Champion battles are already long enough for them to do that. By the way, does somebody know what happens if you hack a trainer and give them revives?

How would they even be able to make these games more challenging without turning the AI hax on full tilt or just overleveling NPCs and turn these games into one long grindfest?
Competent teams and smarter AI. I'd like to put Blaze Black and Volt White 2 ROM Hacks as examples - they give you plenty of ways to gain levels quickly... yet it's very difficult, without ever reaching unfair levels (Well, maybe outside of Burgh's difficulty spike). Overleveling has never been the solution... as it often fails to work.

Oh God. Sure, give them higher levels and hold items, but NOT revives. The Champion battles are already long enough for them to do that. By the way, does somebody know what happens if you hack a trainer and give them revives?
I guess nothing happens. Their AI is most likely not programmed to know what to do with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)