Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rowlet and Litten evolutions are solid. Popplio not so much but maybe final stage will changed. That new feature where wild mons could join you thru your pc pokes attention looked promising.

Plot twist: Battle Bond replaces Protean, possibly turning Greninja into a joke or making it even more broken. Also, does this mean Ash has become at least semi-canon to the games? It might simply apply to this one in particular.

But seriously, I really love the middle-stage starters; they look pretty cute. I'll probably choose Rowlet, despite it originally being my least favorite. People knew it has potential...

Also, I like how players will be able to attract wild Pokémon through the PC, but I wonder how it's even possible... Pokélogic at its finest. At least those PC mons are useful now, right?

Loving the personality Dartrix and Brionne show. The Fire starter is again looking like it will be the weakest.

According to the website, Battle Bond seems to be an ability specific to this very Greninja. It activates once it scores a KO.

Knew Mega evolutions would come back, as disappointed as ever in that but I expected it.

Litten's evo and Popplios are easily transititions to the leaks, as if it wasn't confirmed already, popplio is looking feminine as hell too. Rowlett's evolution being confirmed is the one I'm hyped for, though.

And that Battle Bond thing won't be a thing for all starters, just Greninja because anime. <.< R.I.P. Battle Bond Infernape it's just an add-on Greninja rather than a mechanic.

So Join Avenue returning confirmed! (Where you get FC for clothing too apparently) Megas returning confirmed! Ash-Greninja Confirmed! (Wonder how good it is) Hints at leaked Stage 3 evolutions! And finally: Oak's Pokemon Ranch is in game. Neat update broskis. Cant wait til the 18th of October now.

I didn't see the English trailer. I'm happy we have megas back! I think Battle bond might be Greninja's second ability... If not it might replace Protean.
An exclusive event only ability most likely broski. Torrent and Protean are still going to be in the game, i'm sure.

My feelings towards Ash-Greninja are mixed. On the one hand: It does actually work out well as an ability vs a mechanic like Megas, but I am not as excited for this particular slice of the anime to be in-game. Then again, it is an event, so that should be chill. And while Megas are being mentioned, I am mildly disappointed they are returning, mostly because of how centralizing they are to team building. But megas are pretty alright in general, so i can hang with it.

Well well well! Looks like Street Avenue makes a triumphant return from BW2 as the Poke Festival! For those of you who skipped Gen 5, this was THE One stop shop to get easy levels,, EV Training, and other bonus goods~

Ash Greninja ha been confirmed, as expected.

MEGAS RECONFIRMED. FINALLY THE DEBATE IS DEAD!!!

You can catch more pokemon, EV Train, and find items using Pokemon from your Box??? Grinindg up for Smogon or VGC should be a snap with these features, god dang!

In the Japanese trailer, an Alolan Vulpix is being traded for an Alolan Sandshrew. We can assume they are version exclusive, but to which one belongs to Sun or Moon I'm not sure.

Figured Ash-Greninja would end up being available through some event-esque thing. Suppose it makes sense.

Also holy heck, we got a news update WITH NO NEW POKEMON!!!! See, Game Freak? You CAN do it! I'm so proud of you.

(Megas are back yay ^^)

Unfortunately the final starter leak is pretty much confirmed now, looking at Popplio's evolution. Which is even worse now that Litten's mid-evo looks so amazing and it's going to get completely ruined at the final stage. Sigh

Oh, by the way, some news about VGC '17 from the website:

- Only Pokemon that are in the Alola regional Pokedex and were obtained in Sun or Moon can be used, with the typical legendary and mythical Pokemon restrictions.
- Mega Stones cannot be used

The first Battle Spot season will allow certain unique Pokemon to be used as well, such as Solgaleo, Lunala, the Magearna we are getting through QR and Ash-Greninja.

SO IS THIS JUST A HYPE THING?

MAYBE SMOGON SHOULD FOLLOW THE SAME EXAMPLE. *wink* *wink*

Ok that's exciting. They know how busted 90% of them are. Makes me happy they at least know, even if they're back in and will likely be alllowed in the metagame like they are now.

Love Dartix and Torracat, they nailed it! Not a fan of brionne...awkward proportions and the color change is too extreme.

Mega evolution is back (duh).

The island names are interesting puns but I like the idea of them. I'm curious if some Pokemon won't be exclusively found through the box Pokemon method.

Ash-Greninja is dope, I wonder what impact this will have on it. Just 2 weeks until the demo, which possibly means a dex leak and base stats! Remember that Glalitite and Steelixite were released via demo as well but proved not to be exclusive so I wouldn't worry about that too much.

Also, does this mean Ash has become at least semi-canon to the games? It might simply apply to this one in particular.
Not really, Ash-Greninja is said to be a form that Greninja can take with certain trainers. So Ash-Greninja is a part of the Pokémon universe, and Ash's Greninja can take this form, without making Ash canon to the games

btw, I know everyone already said this... but HAH!!

MEGAS CONFIRMED!!

Oh, by the way, some news about VGC '17 from the website:

- Only Pokemon that are in the Alola regional Pokedex and were obtained in Sun or Moon can be used, with the typical legendary and mythical Pokemon restrictions.
- Mega Stones cannot be used
Somewhere, inexplicably, the Ode to Joy started playing with the volume cranked up to 11.

Also: Megas are probably Post-Game then.

Now, I'm curious as to why Mega Stones are going to be banned from VGC. Either some Pokemon that can Megaevolve will not be in the Alolan Pokedex (And hence would not be able to be picked)... or we are indeed getting new Megas?

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere: why is it called Ash Greninja in game when Ash isn't canon?

The most obvious guess is that we will be playing as Ash in the demo. It seems like a cute way to get more people playing the demo -- Nintendo is really going all out trying to win back older fans this year. I think I can deal with a bit of anime crossover (although that already kinda happened with Alain) if it means I have more friends to enjoy these games with.

I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere: why is it called Ash Greninja in game when Ash isn't canon?

The most obvious guess is that we will be playing as Ash in the demo. It seems like a cute way to get more people playing the demo -- Nintendo is really going all out trying to win back older fans this year. I think I can deal with a bit of anime crossover (although that already kinda happened with Alain) if it means I have more friends to enjoy these games with.
The website does outright mention Ash, though.

Is it just me, or at the end of the Japanese trailer, the Ash-Greninja looked like he was doing a second attack, mimicking Parental Bond?

I love this game more and more.

Edit: Nevermind me, it was just water shuriken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)