Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Type: Null's evolution has the ability "AR System" which is basically Multitype. Never expected them to make a clone of that ability. :o
Augmented Reality? Are we going to give it items with our cameras?

Still, I'm surprised on it having an evolution.

Last edited:
Just checked Serebii for a new bit of info:

The same source also says that Jangmo-o's full evolution line is in CoroCoro. Its evolution is known in Japan as Jarango and Jarango then evoles into Jararango. Once again, this remains unconfirmed until images surface.

I don't think it's much of a surprise that Jangmo-o's line consists of 3 mons, but I just can't wait to finally see them!
I don't understand why it's taking so long to show photos of the pages...

I get the feeling that poor Jangmo Fett will be a Hydreigon repeat. Not enough speed and gets wrecked too hard by fairies. Togekiss is x0/x4 resist to his STAB, Mimikyu is immune to both of them. I'm surprised that Null got an evolution but not at all surprised he got a multitype clone due to the hints of Arceus in his design (he has eyes like the Sinnoh legends, the 4 points on his helmet like the ones on Arceus rings), it was either that or Protean and memefrog already has that on lockdown.

So now Janmgo-o's entire line is supposedly revealed in this issue of CoroCoro? That was really quick. I wonder if he's not the pseudo legend after all, unless Gamefreak really doesn't care about saving any of the Pokédex for players to be surprised when they play it.

I'm expecting the final form to be like a masculine Sakuyamon or something. I can definitely see the Dragon/Fighting type monk work like that.

I don't understand why it's taking so long to show photos of the pages...
Every generation we get some asshole who enjoys the attention and leaks chinese water torture style instead of just dumping the shit. It's not like it'll matter though since the demo drops in 6 days and if they didn't scrub it will give us everything.

And Jangmo could just be another Haxorus, baiting us into thinking it's the pseudo with that dragon typing and 3 stage evolution.

Every generation we get some asshole who enjoys the attention and leaks chinese water torture style instead of just dumping the shit. It's not like it'll matter though since the demo drops in 6 days and if they didn't scrub it will give us everything.

And Jangmo could just be another Haxorus, baiting us into thinking it's the pseudo with that dragon typing and 3 stage evolution.
That's really annoying but 6 days isn't long to wait.
Has there ever been a case where a psuedo has been revealed in Coro-coro? Wait, wasn't Goomey revealed?

That's really annoying but 6 days isn't long to wait.
Has there ever been a case where a psuedo has been revealed in Coro-coro? Wait, wasn't Goomey revealed?
Goomy wasn't shown at all. And CoroCoro drops on the 15th, so we may have pictures on the same day Nintendo dumps their news, considering the International Date Line (Well, same day for Americans at least.)

Would be funny if Type: Null was the middle stage and actually part of the Psuedo-legendary line. Edit: and no, the evolved form is the Mini Arceus. Type: Null is just Normal-type.

Edit the second: would be funny if the english name for the evolution was something like "Arkeyus" or some misspelled form of Arceus that also obviously changed the pronunciation.

Last edited:
Poison Dark is actually a fairly solid typing. I've been using gimmicks like AV Drapion to lure out weird stuff like M-Diancie and Kyurem-B for shiz and giggles. If Alolan Muk has a solid BST it could actually be pretty viable. I'm excited. :3

This may be just going back and making observations to match a theory, but it makes some strange sense that Type: null evolves into mini-Arceus.

It was built to have power on par with a legendary, and it's design looks like a mutilated Arceus (the headgear even invokes Arceus' body-halo-ring thing). Plus from a design standpoint, building a pokemon that can handle multiple threats and locales by changing it's type would be really effective.

It also adds to the chimera theme it has going on.

Well, now to keep spamming the refresh button on Serebii until the pics show up.

I really love Alolan Grimer. Even though it doesn't make a whole lot of sense, it reminds me a lot of industrial waste.

Now, as for Type: Null and its supposed evolution! To be honest, I'm surprised that it gets one. Being artificial, it seems like whatever (presumably) the Aether Foundation cobbled together should be all it gets. Nevertheless, knowing what its helmet looks a lot like and now seeing its ability to change type based on what item it holds, I think it's pretty clear what Pokemon it was meant to recreate.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So I'm very hyped for Jangmo-o's evolution, Dragon / Fighting is great offensively if you ignore Fairy-types, which is relevant because everyone seems to be getting overly hyped about how it's going to be immune to Sylveon's / Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice. That's all well and good but what does Jangmo-Sr. do back? There's a good chance it'll learn Poison Jab or Iron Head/Tail but, assuming this thing has a similar attack stat to Garchomp, it'll need to run a Choice Band to threaten those things, otherwise it'll fail to OHKO and get bopped by Psyshock or Moonblast. And yes I can see those things running both Hyper Voice and Moonblast, especially in doubles.

However, Soundproof is really cool and gives Jangmo-Sr. some cool uses. Firstly, it just became one of the best checks to / revenge killers of Volcarona thanks to an Immunity to Bug Buzz and resisting its Fire STAB, it also resists Giga Drain and doesn't get chunked by HP Ice like other Dragons (it still doesn't like it but there's a huge difference between x2 and x4). This already gives it a small niche in OU. It also ignores Mega Salamence's Hyper Voice, which is great but we're gonna need to pray for a fantastic base speed stat otherwise those Mence will just bop you anyway without using a Scarf set. If it drops to the lower tiers, it will be a fantastic check to Exploud and Pyroar, and can do work against Aurorus if you get the predict right and switch on Hyper Voice. If it drops all the way down (it won't) then it can also beat Chatot. In Battle Spot, Uproar Porygon-Z is a legit set which this also beats. If it has a viable special-attacking set then it won't need to worry about Snarl in Doubles. Cheesy Perish Song strats fall flat. Aaaaand it can't be phased by Roar.

I know there's plenty of hype for "hahaha it's immune to x4 effective Hyper Voice" but it's a shame that the rest of Soundproof's cool uses are going under the radar.

I wouldn't be surprised if it gets Steel-type coverage, and based on the description on the website I would say Iron Head is likely.

If it is a psuedo, then it may actually have good attack stats in general, which is good because I doubt a lot of people want to deal with Focus Miss Blast on a Special set.

It's such a shame probably the least exciting information got revealed first. Alolan Grimer's cool I guess, though we've seen Posion / Dark done twice already so I'm not too memorized by the possibilities there. But Oooooh man, does the other information sound awesome. I don't think anyone expected a Type: Null evolution so much as they expected an alternate form with the mask off. It looks as though the Arceus ring-esc thing on its design really was hinting at some multiple type shenanigans after all.

Dragon / Fighting Jangmo-o has me excited. Dragon / Fighting make for two really nice STABs. The obvious hole in the coverage is fairy, but your set if this thing gets Iron Head or something. This thing also has some really nice resistances to it. Dark, Rock, Water, Electric, and Fire are all very relevant offensive-types so it looks like it'll have plenty of switch in opportunities. In terms of more sentimental stuff, it also makes Bug / Dragon the last remaining Dragon dual type we need.

Can't wait to see the full scans!

I'm still wondering what's the reasoning behind Soundproof AND Bulletproof for Jangmo-o, supposing those abilities are retained by its evolutions. From a competitive standpoint, Soundproof is pretty obvious (Bulletproof would require some really relevant projectile move that is super-effective on it)... but how are they justified on Jangmo-o's design?

Hopefully the designs of its evolutions will explain why.

Last edited:
The immunity to Mence hyper voice is indeed pretty important. I'm operating under the assumption that GF is working from a VGC perspective when we're talking about competitive play so I feel this may be a reaction to M-Mence's special oriented aerialate sets kind of like how accelrock is a giant fuck you to the bird of 120bp priority moves. But at the end of the day unless he has something else incredibly good/bad about him, it's speed tier which will determine whether he ends up in OU or UU imo. If he's above 120 he's assuredly OU, if he's below 100 he's almost assuredly not OU unless he gets some serious movepool/HA love.

At least he wasn't pretty much condemned to NU upon reveal like poor Lurantis.

I'm still wondering what's the reasoning behind Soundproof AND Bulletproof for Jangmo-o, supposing those abilities are retained by its evolutions. Hopefully their designs will explain it.
Actually I wonder why everyone is taking these abilities for granted for the last stage. The change of abilities between stages is absolutely common, especially if there's a change in typing too (and here we go from a generic base Dragon type to a supposed more peculiar Dragon/Fighting). I mean, there's a 50:50 chance.

Wait, Type: Null can evolve? And it's a Mini-Arceus?
Little Cup's going to be very interesting.
I'm more interested in how big Type: Null's evolution is gonna be. This thing is already around 6 feet tall, and as such I imagine that Type:All (just my little placeholder name) is gonna be huge.

Type: Null evolving is weird, who ever suspected that? Dragon/Fighting is a shiny new type combo that I'm hyped for, even though I expected Jangmo-o to evolve into a Fighting/Dragon anyway. Mini Arceus is interesting, but not sure how it could really play out. People might be overestimating it. Alolan Grimer is really meh, like its basically a colour swapped version of Grimer with some yellow. At least it isn't Alolan Meowth. The type combo has also been seen before, so meh.

Alolan Grimer is really meh, like its basically a colour swapped version of Grimer with some yellow. At least it isn't Alolan Meowth. The type combo has also been seen before, so meh.
Tbf I don't really think there's much you can do with Grimer, considering its already simplistic design and concept.

I'm more interested in how big Type: Null's evolution is gonna be. This thing is already around 6 feet tall, and as such I imagine that Type:All (just my little placeholder name) is gonna be huge.
Well, it could remain the same size actually. It wouldn't be the first time, and it's appropriate to the theme: Type: Null mask is what hinders it from its full potential, what if this "evolution" is more like a permanent form change once it gets ridden of the mask? This is the most appropriate scenario I could imagine, and it would be a pretty original addition to the mechanic of evolution, otherwise pretty standard.

Well, it could remain the same size actually. It wouldn't be the first time, and it's appropriate to the theme: Type: Null mask is what hinders it from its full potential, what if this "evolution" is more like a permanent form change once it gets ridden of the mask? This is the most appropriate scenario I could imagine, and it would be a pretty original addition to the mechanic of evolution, otherwise pretty standard.
I was thinking the same thing. This might be borderline speculation, but it could also be akin to Scyther's evolution to Scizor; there's a height and weight increase, but the base stat total is the same. It could just be a redistribution of the stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)