Pet Mod Generation X (Region 2 - Completed, Playtesting)

No one of the Starter Movepools submissions included an exclusive move. Do we want them?

• Make the submitters of the winning movepools suggest the exclusive moves (they won't be voted)

• Make a slate overlapped with the next one to decide them

• We don't need exclusive moves, not all starters had them

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
I actually don't agree with this particular argument! I see it often, but I think it's pretty reductive in the scheme of things.
Physical attackers and special attackers are asymmetrical in almost every way - they get completely different options from one another in a way that makes it borderline impossible to call one of them better or worse on the whole or to build a team with only one of them.

With occasional exceptions from the rare signatures, only physical attackers get...
- item control
- priority
- trapping (Pursuit)
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- phasing
- multi-strike moves
- breaking protection for doubles
- Fake Out for doubles
- Sky Drop for doubles

There are also more Abilities that boost physical damage than special ones (and none at all that interact specifically with non-contact moves), boosting moves like Swords Dance and Dragon Dance have much wider distribution than their closest special counterparts, physical moves broadly have higher base power for comparable effects (especially after Gen VI - remember how most special moves were directly nerfed, while physical moves were barely touched except for occasional buffs and making Knock Off what it is?), the strongest physical moves are generally more spammable (only one single physical move lowers the user's Attack, and physical moves with recoil are significantly more lenient than the only two special moves with recoil)...
Even in terms of items, the Choice Band existed before the Choice Specs and wasn't necessarily even meant to have a counterpart when it was created, though I guess Game Freak changed their minds on that one, haha.
U-turn also existed before Volt Switch - and crucially, U-turn is often still preferred on special attackers (especially Electric-types!!) because Volt Switch can be nullified by Ground switch-ins and U-turn can't, making Volt Switch generally the inferior option despite ostensibly being a "clone" with the same power. That was on purpose, I guarantee you.
In exchange, physical attackers suffer more from burns, Intimidate, Foul Play, confusion and the many effects that punish contact, and more widespread Abilities exist to mitigate the damage from or otherwise punish physical moves and contact-moves than special ones (Ice Scales is exclusive to one line, and not a single Ability exists that interacts exclusively with non-contact moves).

Hidden Power is actually one of very few unique, valuable things that's "exclusive" to special attackers on a widespread level, really.
Other notable recurring qualities... it could be said that special moves are often easier to boost individually (moves with controllable conditions based on weather/terrain/status/health and so on) to compensate for the relative rarity of special stat boosting options, and special sweepers tend to have more of a focus on reliability, with the drawbacks of their own moves generally being more likely to hinder them offensively than put them in more danger of revenging - even the two existing special recoil moves arguably have fully "predictable" drawbacks as well, even at the same time that they're more drastic (doing exactly the same amount of damage to the user unconditionally).
But for the most part, the variety and value of effects from special attacks is disproportionately low - only a few of them are useful for anything other than damage in different degrees, and that's what makes Hidden Power important as a special-aligned quality. Generally speaking, special attacks get to offer coverage that physical ones lack because physical moves get to offer utility that special ones don't - there is already a tradeoff going on here, and physical attackers are not owed anything that they don't already have.
In general, special attackers are much more often forced to rely on status moves instead of damaging ones for utility - which most of them do have in abundance! but it's a difference from physical attackers all the same - and their attacking movepools tend to offer more variety in coverage than in effects in exchange, which is exactly why Hidden Power belongs to special attackers and not physical ones.
The frequency of special attackers that still run physical moves for utility is actually kind of telling in itself - as is the number of mixed attackers that would normally prefer to go physical but have to rely on special moves for coverage (Hidden Power included!). Mixed attackers only exist because one side of the spectrum doesn't have everything!

I really like these not being equivalent and strongly prefer each category having different tools to offer - I would hate for Hidden Power to be turned into a generic move every Pokémon can use with equal efficacy when it currently gets to be... well... a generic move that every Pokémon can use with unequal efficacy.
Hidden Power is currently valued a different amount by each of the Pokémon that run it, and that's a good thing! Its value in raw damage is not only proportionate to base Special Attack but inversely proportionate to the base power of the Pokémon's other moves (the stronger your other attacks, the less often a 60 BP move will actually outdamage them), and sometimes it partially helps a movepool that's deliberately set up to lack more than one Hidden Power type's worth of coverage coughs in pure Electric-types, while other times it lets a Pokémon tech for highly specific threats with double-weaknesses and Pokémon with double-weaknesses very often have them on purpose, specifically to make it easier to tech for them, and are otherwise among the strongest while having next to no value against anything else.
Just isolating one single move that special attackers get and physical attackers don't is anything but a sign of unfairness in special attackers' - it's part of a long-running trend of keeping the two functionally distinct and avoiding making perfect comparisons, and I would hate to ruin that by introducing a physical Hidden Power.

I do totally get why people want Hidden Power gone for other reasons, but this is something I absolutely want to put out there before people dismiss it or (please no) make a physical version of it. Or get carried away with making physical and special clones of other moves, for that matter.
I'm not sure how much anyone actually cares about this kind of thing, and I know this is a low-stakes and very casual mod where the implications of this don't really need to be taken seriously, but I at least wanted to give my two cents on why Hidden Power being exclusive to special attackers is absolutely not a bad thing and it is extremely unnecessary to "compensate" for physical attackers more than the series already does.
Sorrythisisareallyunnecessaryrambleandbyenow

edit: sorry, I accidentally left a sentence unfinished .w. fixed that
Just wanted to add to the asymmetry thing : the things that counter offenses are different as well. Phys attacks can be shutdown by wisp or intimidate (tho intimidate's more of a doubles thing). Meanwhile, special attackers can be managed by assault vests and the global sponges that are blissey and chansey.

As for hidden power, truth be told i dont really have a stance on it, id be fine both ways.

Just wanted to add to the asymmetry thing : the things that counter offenses are different as well. Phys attacks can be shutdown by wisp or intimidate (tho intimidate's more of a doubles thing). Meanwhile, special attackers can be managed by assault vests and the global sponges that are blissey and chansey.

As for hidden power, truth be told i dont really have a stance on it, id be fine both ways.
I totally agree, and I also think it's funny to see it in physical sets like MBlazi or MTyranitar, so for me it should stay among TMs.
We could still boost Nature Gift so that it has strong typings if the user holds competitively useful berries to give physical attackers an alternative.

Hello, as always I'm sorry for the double post, but I have a little announcement to do.

Since we've alread heard some thoughts about TM, now it's time to officialize our list and decide what we want to do about Hidden Power.
We'll have a smol Voting Phase to decide about it, so express your votes in this thread.
To not fill this thread of 1-line posts, react to this post to choose:

- Love (Alomomola): HP remains a TM with its current distribution
-
Haha (Koffing): HP remains a TM, but a redistribution is made
-
Wow (Bellsprout): HP isn't a TM anymore, it gets distributed as a level-up move

This Poll will last for 4 days from now, so deadline is 21st November.

EDIT: discussion is obviously still possibile
EDIT2: My vote goes to first option

Last edited:
I... I was gonna have to post in the thread eventually, right? I have no idea how I've managed not to do that yet.

Okay, hi everyone!
Alleged council member Hematite here! Sorry I'm usually kind of useless for this mod!
I'm going to take this opportunity to guide the discussion on TMs, TRs and move tutors a bit, based on the "important" ones we've had in the past three Generations, and also to give my own thoughts on exactly what we should be trying to accomplish with respect to the TM list at this moment (as opposed to what we might be better off saving for later).

---​

First thing: what do we stand to gain by establishing a list of TMs and tutors for ourselves instead of just saying all of the official ones are fair game?

Other than a handful of specific moves that I'll be listing below, I can't see a TM list having much of a bearing on the competitively-relevant contents of our movepools so much as the flavor of them - plenty of moves are common without being TMs or, as will be shown below, relatively rare even as TMs especially after Gen VIII gave us a million pointless ones.
As far as I'm concerned, I think having a solid list is really a matter of presentation more than move distribution - these are based on pretty old statistics and may not be fully accurate, but I seem to recall that only something like 20% of the average Pokémon's full movepool came by level-up, so the TMs we choose to make available have a great deal of weight in influencing our full movepools both on a flavor level and a competitive one.
If we are meant to be making properly complete movepools with realistic flavor for every line and not just giving them all a handful of relevant moves, it would help a ton to have a list set in stone before anyone starts on that, so I appreciate that we're having this discussion now and strongly encourage waiting until it's over to ask anyone to work on full movepools - including level-up and Egg move lists, because plenty of important moves prefer to be TMs unless none exists and I guarantee that those lists would need to be redone once we know which ones can be - beyond the handful of moves specified in submissions.

For our purposes, I think I would personally support drafting a TM list of 100 with a healthy blend of competitive and flavor - perhaps with a handful of slots set aside for potential new moves to be added and numbered? (SM only made three new moves into TMs and SwSh only made two into TMs and TRs, so not necessarily very many! any more we add later can always be tutors as well) - and then also having a gradually-expanding tutor list of "whatever else doesn't fit that we actually care about competitively," preferably with any canon move inclusions being decided now and only new moves being added later.
I think this would be the simplest way to organize them up front, at least - I would really rather not make detailed, numbered lists of these things if we're just going to keep improvising and adding more as we go, so I think leaving "placeholders" for a new TMs to be decided later way later - after we have a picture of most of the Pokémon of those types in our dex and what tools are relevant to them, not early on and otherwise just choosing new moves' distribution as we make them would be best.

(But yeah, trust me - I've been working on an organizer along these lines lately for another purpose, and it's way harder to work with "any of the moves that have been TMs, TRs or tutors in the last three Generations" than a refined list specific to our project. It may look like reinventing the wheel, but I guarantee it will save everyone's time in the long run.)
On that note, we seriously don't need 226 of them like SwSh. Can we not have 226 of them like SwSh? Please.

---​

Second thing: what impact might this decision have on our future movepools in general?

In general, certain moves, whenever they appear as TMs, TRs or tutors, have had notably wide distribution in a way that lets us make certain assumptions about how our learnsets would look if those moves were on our list.
Others have had notably restricted distribution, often limited mostly to Pokémon of one type (and not necessarily being universal even within that type!) even though they take a TM slot.
These factors, I think, are valuable for us to take into account when deciding what moves we want to include and what moves we don't.

This is definitely a big part of what I would choose to have in mind, at least!
I really enjoy the wide distribution of a move like Toxic, so that's a move I would support bringing back.
On the other hand, I feel like variety in Fighting-types is stifled by the omnipresence of Close Combat, and I've complained endlessly occasionally suggested that the choice to make it a TR in Generation VIII is one I don't really like. In that case, the information in this list would make me vote against having Close Combat as a TM, TR or move tutor so we can be more particular about its distribution.

Another thing worth noting: about half of all TM and tutor moves over the past three Generations are still more or less flavor. I mean, actually the average Pokémon only regularly uses like 15 to 20 moves competitively... but about half of them are flavor on almost everything that has them and only useful for in-game or in formats other than singles.
This means two things! First, I don't think filling our list with the 100 most competitively relevant moves will have a positive effect on our movepools' quality and would just result in either bloating of competitive options or unreasonably small movepools as we try to limit them.
But second, it's also worth remembering that that means flavor options don't have to be crammed into level-up and Egg movepools! Like I said, there are many Pokémon that learn about four times as many moves from TMs, tutors and breeding (breeding is usually like 3-8 at most, so still mainly TMs and tutors) as by level. TMs being usable for flavor is important to alleviate the space concerns of level-up movepools, which is another reason why I think it's best to have a TM list up front so people know how many moves they can reasonably fit rather than feeling constrained to prioritizing competitive options/moves that are more "important" at the cost of supporting their Pokémon's flavor identity.

Important clarification:​

- All of these are "by default," but they are not required. There can still be exceptions if there's either a strong flavor reason or an important mechanical reason! It's just worth noting that these are the moves that will be the most affected and the most widely distributed by gaining TM or tutor status. There are one or two exceptions to almost all of these in canon already, but we do need to have some kind of starting point; I would much rather ask the few people who don't want one of them on their Fakemon to say so than be limited to only the people who know to mention these as competitive additions.​
- This also extends to moves that are noted here as being "mostly exclusive" to a certain type. There are frequently exceptions made for "honorary members" of the type (like Comfey and Sirfetch'd for Grass) and sometimes just one or two outliers if the move has strong flavor significance.​

Absolutely none of these are strict requirements, and none of them should be treated as such! However, they're very useful guidelines to follow and can help to provide a starting point for movepools, and I think it can be valuable to offer them as a starting point for our TM list.

:mew: Facade, Frustration, Giga Impact, Return, Hidden Power, Hyper Beam, Round, Snore, Attract for all Pokémon that can be male or female, Confide, Double Team, Endure, Protect, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Swagger, Toxic and Rest will go to every Pokémon by default.

:blissey: Work Up, Sunny Day and Rain Dance will go to every Normal-type Pokémon by default.

:typhlosion: Flame Charge, Fire Blast, Fire Spin, Flamethrower, Heat Wave, Incinerate, Overheat, Sunny Day, Will-o-Wisp and Solar Beam will go to every Fire-type Pokémon by default, and Fire-type Pokémon often learn Scorching Sands.

:wailord: Surf, Rain Dance, Blizzard, Ice Beam, Icy Wind and Hail will go to every Water-type Pokémon by default, and Scald will go to every Water-type except part-Ice-types by default.

:manectric: Charge Beam, Electro Ball, Rising Voltage, Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Wave, Flash and Rain Dance will go to every Electric-type Pokémon by default, and Electric-type Pokémon often learn Electroweb and Volt Switch.

:gogoat: Seed Bomb, Energy Ball, Giga Drain, Grass Knot, Solar Beam, Sunny Day and Flash will go to every Grass-type Pokémon by default.

:regice: Blizzard, Ice Beam, Icy Wind, Hail and Rain Dance will go to every Ice-type Pokémon by default.

:throh: Brick Break, Close Combat, Revenge, Rock Smash, Focus Blast, Bulk Up, Coaching, Strength, Rock Slide, and Stone Edge will go to every Fighting-type Pokémon by default, and Fighting-type Pokémon often learn Bulldoze, Earthquake and Rock Tomb.

:garbodor: Sludge Bomb and Venoshock will go to every Poison-type Pokémon by default, and Poison-type Pokémon often learn Rain Dance.

:hippowdon: Bulldoze, Earthquake, Earth Power, Strength, Rock Smash, Rock Slide and Rock Tomb will go to every Ground-type Pokémon by default, and Ground-type Pokémon often learn Dig, Stone Edge, Sandstorm and Stealth Rock.

:tornadus-therian: Aerial Ace will go to every Flying-type Pokémon by default, and Flying-type Pokémon often learn Dual Wingbeat, Fly usually unless they're also Bug-types?, Air Slash, Defog, Roost, Tailwind, Steel Wing, Heat Wave and Rain Dance usually unless they have an unusual matchup against Fire or Water thanks to their secondary type?.
Dual Wingbeat, Defog, Steel Wing and Heat Wave are all particularly common among winged Pokémon in general.
edit: updated Defog distribution based on feedback from Discord!

:alakazam: Expanding Force for all Psychic-type Pokémon that are affected by Psychic Terrain (not immune to Ground), Psychic, Psyshock, Calm Mind and Psych Up will go to every Psychic-type Pokémon by default, and Psychic-type Pokémon often learn Future Sight, Psyshock, Light Screen, Reflect, Trick Room, Rain Dance and Shadow Ball.

:accelgor: Struggle Bug will go to every Bug-type Pokémon by default, and Bug-type Pokémon often learn Electroweb.

:gigalith: Rock Blast, Rock Slide, Rock Tomb, Stone Edge, Rock Polish, Sandstorm, Stealth Rock, Bulldoze, Earthquake, Earth Power and Iron Defense will go to every Rock-type Pokémon by default, and Rock-type Pokémon often learn Smack Down and Meteor Beam.

:dusknoir: Shadow Ball and Spite will go to every Ghost-type Pokémon by default, and Ghost-type Pokémon often learn Poltergeist, Hex and Will-o-Wisp.

:haxorus: Outrage, Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse will go to every Dragon-type Pokémon by default, and Dragon-type Pokémon often learn Flamethrower and Focus Blast.

:zoroark: Lash Out, Payback, Dark Pulse and Taunt will go to every Dark-type Pokémon by default, and Dark-type Pokémon often learn Assurance, Foul Play, Thief and Snatch (all four of these usually unless their pre-evolutions aren't Dark-type?, as well as Snarl and Rain Dance usually unless they have an unusual matchup against Water thanks to their secondary type?.

:klinklang: Steel Beam and Iron Defense will go to every Steel-type Pokémon by default.

:alcremie: Dazzling Gleam will go to every Fairy-type Pokémon by default, and Fairy-type Pokémon often learn Draining Kiss and Rain Dance usually unless they have an unusual matchup against Water thanks to their secondary type?
:silvally: Fire Pledge, Blast Burn, Water Pledge, Hydro Cannon, Grass Pledge and Frenzy Plant are mostly exclusive to starter Pokémon.
If you do make an exception to this one, it should be for a Pokémon that can be considered similar or related to starter Pokémon, and you should account for all six of these moves (such as in the context of Pokémon that come in a trio). It is not recommended that you give them to just any Pokémon that would benefit.

:wailord: Dive, Flip Turn, Razor Shell or Waterfall are mostly exclusive to Water-type Pokémon.

:manectric: Electro Ball, Rising Voltage, Volt Switch, Eerie Impulse and Electric Terrain are mostly exclusive to Electric-type Pokémon, but Steel-type Pokémon are more likely to be exceptions than other types.
Electroweb is mostly exclusive to Electric-type Pokémon and Bug-type Pokémon, but there are multiple exceptions in cases with strong flavor justifications. It seems to be equally associated with both types.

:gogoat: Grassy Glide, Leaf Blade, Grassy Terrain, Synthesis and Worry Seed are mostly exclusive to Grass-type Pokémon, but there are multiple exceptions to each in cases with strong flavor justifications.
In canon so far, Leaf Storm is fully exclusive to Grass-type Pokémon but remember that you can still break that if you want.

:regice: Frost Breath and Icicle Spear are mostly exclusive to Ice-type Pokémon, but Water-type Pokémon are more likely to be exceptions than other types.
In canon so far, Aurora Veil is fully exclusive to Ice-type Pokémon but remember that you can still break that if you want.
In canon so far, Hail is mostly exclusive to Ice-type Pokémon and Water-type Pokémon. It seems to be equally associated with both types.

:throh: Coaching is mostly exclusive to Fighting-type Pokémon, but there are multiple exceptions in cases with strong flavor justifications.

:garbodor: In canon so far, Corrosive Gas is fully exclusive to Poison-type Pokémon but remember that you can still break that if you want.

:hippowdon: In canon so far, Scorching Sands is fully exclusive to Ground-type Pokémon and Fire-type Pokémon but remember that you can still break that if you want. It seems to be equally associated with both types.

:tornadus-therian: Brave Bird and Sky Drop are mostly exclusive to Flying-type Pokémon, but there are multiple exceptions in cases with strong flavor justifications.

:alakazam: Expanding Force and Cosmic Power are mostly exclusive to Psychic-type Pokémon.
In canon so far, Psychic Terrain is fully exclusive to Psychic-type Pokémon but remember that you can still break that if you want.

:accelgor: Bug Buzz is mostly exclusive to Bug-type Pokémon.

:dusknoir: In canon so far, Poltergeist is fully exclusive to Ghost-type Pokémon but remember that you can still break that if you want, and Phantom Force is mostly exclusive to Ghost-type Pokémon, but there are multiple exceptions in cases with strong flavor justifications.

:haxorus: In canon so far, Draco Meteor is fully exclusive to Dragon-type Pokémon other than certain external event distributions but remember that you can still break that if you want.

:klinklang: In canon so far, Steel Beam is fully exclusive to Steel-type Pokémon but remember that you can still break that if you want.

:alcremie: Misty Explosion is mostly exclusive to Fairy-type Pokémon.
(Huge thanks to the people who collaborated with me on this on the Discord!
I did end up manually going through the rest of the TMs, TRs and tutors after that like I promised, so I think it should be complete now, although there were a lot of them and I may have made some mistakes. Let me know if there are any other changes to be made!)

---​

Closing thought on how the movepool process might actually work once this list is decided:

To repeat something I've said on the Discord, I feel strongly that individual submitters should not be responsible for creating full movepools. It's a somewhat long process that can take moderate amounts of time and research to learn and probably takes more than a few minutes at a time, and I don't think it's reasonable to expect every submitter to put that time into it or to expect every submitter to be as familiar with it.
I would definitely support asking submitters to list competitively significant moves (perhaps in the context of sets they would like the Pokémon to be able to run?) and any and all moves they would like to put forward for flavor, but the task of expanding and organizing these into full learnsets should be a group effort on the Discord - there's simply no way that everyone who submits to the mod (nor even everyone who wins, which I think was your intended solution, but correct me if I'm wrong) will be willing or able to do this on their own.
(I also would not be surprised if anyone was prone to misjudging what moves are competitively relevant and what moves can be distributed liberally for flavor reasons - I know I would have been if I were on here two years or so ago. I feel it would not be a good idea to give complete control of this to the submitters after they win and the vote is concluded, which I think is what you intended to do?)

For right now - when people are submitting Fakemon and we don't have a TM list to work with yet - I personally would strongly encourage submitters to take into account the list we have in canon and assume for the moment that moves will have fairly consistent distributions (especially with the ones I listed above - some key moves like Stone Edge on Fighting-types or Volt Switch on Electric-types are kind of important, and it seems like a bad idea to leave them out just because we don't know they'll be TMs, especially if you feel the need to compensate in other ways). We can figure out exactly how they can be learned later on, but if you think a move is worth listing, go for it and trust that we'll be able to fit it later!
But don't, like, specify them as coming from level or breeding or TM. I would recommend against trying to settle on a full level-up movepool when we don't know which moves need to come by level, you know? It would be best for that to wait until this discussion is closed (which is why, like I mentioned, I support having this conversation early - if Fakemon are supposed to have full movepools, we want to prepare for that as soon as possible and not wait until we have to deal with dozens of them all at once!).

In any case, there are many of us here and on the Discord who would be happy to help with the process, and I think it would be much more realistic - and much less pressuring on submitters - if everyone in the mod was free to pitch in as a group and the original submitter had no obligation beyond the moves they line out initially in their sub; I would definitely not put the expectation on each submitter to construct a full movepool for their own submissions, wherever we end up with our TM list.

---​

TL;DR because this was way too long:

- Let's definitely try to get a solid list sooner rather than later so we can make real progress on movepools before there are too many to cover at once.​
- I think we should collaborate - either in the thread or on the Discord, but absolutely in public and with involvement from anyone who's interested - on picking our top hundred most-valued TMs, with a healthy balance of flavor and competitive moves (probably close to 50/50) and a few free spaces for custom moves to be decided later.​
- After that, we can also get together a list of the most important tutors that we can't afford to drop, but I would like to avoid inflating the number more than necessary, so let's stick to widely-used competitive moves for this. I also do not think we should plan to continue adding official tutor moves to this list in the future - once we have our initial tutor list, we should probably be adding only new moves we introduce and want to give wider distribution.​
- If we do introduce new moves with wide distribution (not just signature ones for new lines, which I think are fine to do at the same time as the line itself), we should save those for close to the end of the project when we have a broad picture of our dex's competitive needs overall.​
- Please don't give us a list as big as SwSh's I'm begging​
- there are so many things I hate about TRs
- When deciding which moves should be included or excluded as TMs, the contents of the first spoiler ("Moves to Assume by Default") are the most important moves to decide right away, and I would love to see people share their thoughts on any they want to keep and any they want to drop!​
- Those are also moves you should always have in mind for your own movepool submissions (and the spoiler after, "Moves to Avoid," is also always good to check if you ever aren't sure on including a move). I know it looks long, but only about three bullet points will be relevant to any given sub (the fully universal moves + moves associated with your one or two types), so I would encourage people to check it every time!​
- Full movepools should absolutely be a public/group endeavor, not an individual one! I particularly disagree with expecting submitters to finish them on their own after their submissions are voted in (or really having total control over any step of competitive relevance after voting is over).​

WHEW
That's all now - sorry :'D

EDIT: ah, update since Sharpen42 was able to respond!
By my own request on the Discord, I am no longer a council member - I've found that I don't really have a ton of time to contribute to this and feel bad not generally making it a priority, and there are definitely more consistently engaged members of the community who absolutely deserve the position (congrats to the person I think is replacing me by the way!!! I was really hoping you'd be added : D) - but I will still be contributing to stuff like movepools and coding on my own time!
I might occasionally make opinionated rambles like this in the future as well, haha.
So... You're giving Koko voltage and Lele EF? No offense, but that's kinda crazy...

So... You're giving Koko voltage and Lele EF? No offense, but that's kinda crazy...
Ah, no - that post is about how moves are going to be distributed to the new Pokémon in the mod, based on their distribution in canon!
Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele are perfect examples of Pokémon being exceptions to for balance reasons - just like I said in the post, plenty of these rules have exceptions and they're only meant as a starting point to save time with movepools, so any move that we have specific reason to exclude will obviously still be excluded.
Actually I think the big bold part labeled "Important clarification:" and indented so it's more noticeable answers this question pretty directly, but I know it was a long post, so I understand missing it! I just think it would be best to look for that sort of thing before jumping to conclusions if you know something doesn't sound right.

That said, I don't think anyone was planning on using our TM list as an excuse to overhaul existing Pokémon's learnsets anyway, although I may well be wrong!
It's possible that moves that weren't TMs until Gen VIII will be given to Pokémon that aren't available in SwSh, and maybe the same could be said for moves that were removed from the TM list after USUM being given to new Gen VIII Pokémon? but even if that's the case, it would only be because those Pokémon haven't had that chance yet, not for stuff like Tapu Koko and Tapu Lele that's specifically had the opportunity and been denied the moves. And I don't even know if that much is planned!
For the most part, I think the mod is more concerned with the movepools of our Fakemon and the distribution of the new/custom moves we add rather than adding moves that already exist to Pokémon that already exist.

If it helps, the first post in the thread also has some information on Sharpen42's future plans. That post, too, suggests that the changes to existing Pokémon's learnsets will be moves and Abilities we buff and new moves and Abilities we create, but it doesn't look to me like redistributing existing moves is on the table anywhere.
(On that note, there's also a list of likely future slates here - I'm not sure if Sharpen42 is sticking with this exactly or if it'll be changed at all as the mod goes on, but I think it's a helpful resource all the same if you're not sure what the future of the mod is like!)

Hi! Here to remind you that votes will close in 24 hrs or so, remember to cast yours on the quoted post:
Hello, as always I'm sorry for the double post, but I have a little announcement to do.

Since we've alread heard some thoughts about TM, now it's time to officialize our list and decide what we want to do about Hidden Power.
We'll have a smol Voting Phase to decide about it, so express your votes in this thread.
To not fill this thread of 1-line posts, react to this post to choose:

- Love (Alomomola): HP remains a TM with its current distribution
-
Haha (Koffing): HP remains a TM, but a redistribution is made
-
Wow (Bellsprout): HP isn't a TM anymore, it gets distributed as a level-up move

This Poll will last for 4 days from now, so deadline is 21st November.

EDIT: discussion is obviously still possibile
EDIT2: My vote goes to first option
Ok, voting is closed. First Option wins 10/1/1, so TM will stay exactly as it is.
I'll open next slate tomorrow.
EDIT: sorry guys, i was a bit busy today, next slate will open asap.

Last edited:
Ok, here we are with next Slate, our first free slate, which will be...

:ss/sirfetchd::ss/oddish:
:ss/growlithe:
:ponyta: Brazdo Prairie:ponyta-galar:
Realness
:ss/skiploom::ss/nidoqueen:
This Slate we'll be submitting the Pokémon that inhabit the grasslands of Brazdo, so every open space with grass growing on it. This includes prairies, gardens, farmlands, lawns and anything similar to those. The only biome excluded is woodlands, because we will have a Jungle and a Forest Slates, so keep your best ideas for those.
You can look at some examples of existing Pokémon from here and here, thanks to worldofpokemon.com

As I mentioned earlier, this Slate is free, so there are no categories: submit your ideas and we'll build the environment around them!
At the end of the Slate, during voting, we'll set a threshold number of votes, in base of the affluence; winning submissions will be the most voted 3, plus every sub that reaches the set threshold, so we have a bunch of places to fill here.
No real rule or limitation is applied, just try to suit them for tiers OU and below, do not make anything overpowered.
You can submit up to 5 concepts.

Aside from that, open up your fantasy and have fun!
Try making original concept, never-seen and unique concepts are very appreciated.

This Slate will close on 1st December.
[B]Name[/B]:
[B]Counterpart(s)[/B]:
[B]Typing[/B]: [IMG]https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/sprites/types/Type.png[/IMG].
[B]Ability[/B]:
[B]Base Stats[/B]:
[B]Notable Moves[/B]:
[B]New Features[/B]:
[B]Flavour/Design[/B]:
[B]Potential Competitive Role[/B]:
EDIT: I thought it was obvious, but I realized just now that I didn't precise that Regional Variants/Evolutions are allowed; for future times, they always are unless I say they aren't in the opening post of the Slate.

Last edited:
Name: Deerling-Brazda
Typing:

Abilities: Swift Swim / Sap Sipper / Serene Grace (HA)
Base Stats: 55 / 65 / 45 / 30 / 55 / 85 (335)
Height/Weight: 0.5 m / 17 kg
Flavour/Design: Based on the Pampas deer which lives in grasslands and marshes in Brazil. Smaller than Unovan Deerling, this variant spends most of its time near water, where its special hooves allow it to run across the surface at high speed to escape predators. Brazdan Deerling have two different seasonal forms, a Rainy Form and a Dry Form, similar to Unovan Deerling's seasonal forms. The Rainy Form has a watery ring on its head while the Dry Form has a cracked clay ring. Evolves into Brazdan Sawsbuck at level 34.

Name: Sawsbuck-Brazda
Typing:

Base Stats: 70 / 110 / 65 / 50 / 75 / 105 (475)
Notable Moves: Liquidation, Waterfall, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Swords Dance, Horn Leech, Zen Headbutt, Megahorn, Icicle Spear, Play Rough
Height/Weight: 1.6 m / 82 kg
Flavour/Design: Brazdan Sawsbuck has antlers like its Unovan relative except that it has tear drop shaped beads on them in its Rainy Form, while the antlers are bare in its Dry Form.
Competitive: Probably a physical Choice-based sweeper abusing Serene Grace STAB Liquidation, Waterfall, and Body Slam along with coverage options in Zen Headbutt, Megahorn, Horn Leech, and Play Rough. A Swords Dance set could work but Brazdan Sawsbuck is fragile and might not get a chance to set up.

Name: Salssaro (saltar + passaro, "jump" and "bird")
Typing:

Abilities: Early Bird / Steadfast / Sand Rush (HA)
Base Stats: 45 / 65 / 60 / 40 / 40 / 70 (320)
Height/Weight: 0.7 m / 25 kg
Flavour/Design: Based on the rhea, a large flightless bird similar to but smaller than an ostrich that is native to the South American plains. Salssaro is only a chick, yet it has already developed long, powerful legs that allow it to jump several times its height or kick boulders into rubble. If surrounded, it will stomp hard enough to break open the ground under its attackers and stop them from chasing it. Evolves into Salrhea at level 36.

Name: Salrhea (saltar + rhea)
Typing:

Base Stats: 75 / 95 / 90 / 60 / 60 / 120 (500)
Notable Moves: High Horsepower, Earthquake, High Jump Kick, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Agility, Stone Edge, Brave Bird, Knock Off, Blaze Kick, U-turn
Height/Weight: 1.5 m / 60 kg
Flavour/Design: Salrhea is a full grown rhea, capable of pulverizing concrete and steel with its kicks. While unable to fly, it jumps high and far enough to render flight unnecessary. Salrhea are especially dangerous when protecting their young Salssaro, with one recorded case of a pair demolishing a building to rescue them from hunters.
Competitive: Salrhea has a high speed stat and can set up with Swords Dance, Bulk Up, or Agility, or it could run a Choice item. It has powerful STABs in Earthquake/High Horsepower and High Jump Kick, with EdgeQuake coverage with Stone Edge, or it could run another offensive option like Brave Bird, Blaze Kick, or Knock Off. Sand Rush turns Salrhea into an extremely fast sand sweeper.

Name: Souarente (souari + semente, "seed")
Typing:

Abilities: Static / Solar Power (HA)
Base Stats: 35 / 40 / 80 / 55 / 70 / 30 (310)
Height/Weight: 0.2 m / 3 kg
Flavour/Design: Based on the pequi tree's fruit, called a souari nut, which grows in Brazil. Souarente give off a sweet odor which causes a tingling sensation in the noses of those who smell it. Its skin conducts electricity very well, and Souarente generate small amounts of static electricity as they move around on their small legs. Evolves into Pequetal at level 16.

Name: Pequetal (pequi + petal)
Typing:

Abilities: Volt Absorb / Solar Power (HA)
Base Stats: 55 / 50 / 85 / 90 / 90 / 40 (410)
Height/Weight: 0.7 m / 7 kg
Flavour/Design: Pequetal is like a souari nut that has halfway opened, its head blooming into a small yellow flower. Its petals generate electricity which it uses to keep pesky bug and bird Pokemon away. Evolves into Florapago with a Thunder Stone.

Name: Florapago (flora + relâmpago, "lightning")
Typing:

Base Stats: 85 / 60 / 100 / 110 / 105 / 50 (510)
Notable Moves: Leaf Storm, Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Leech Seed, Growth, Thunder Wave, Stun Spore, Volt Switch, Pollen Puff, Synthesis, Dazzling Gleam
Height/Weight: 1.7 m / 30 kg
Flavour/Design: Florapago is a tall, zigzag-shaped stalk with multiple flowers on its two arms. It fires off powerful thunderbolts from its flowers to deter bug and bird Pokemon. People in the region use Florapago to generate electricity for their homes as well as protecting their homes from lightning strikes.
Competitive: Florapago can run Solar Power on sun teams, or it can block Electric moves like Thunder Wave and Volt Switch with Volt Absorb. It is slow but bulky with good special attack, though its coverage options are limited Pollen Puff and Dazzling Gleam which at least allow it to hit Grass-types and Dragon-types, respectively. Otherwise it can utilize its bulk with utility like Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Synthesis, and Volt Switch.

Last edited:
Name: Oncuja (oncilla + maracujá)
Typing:

Ability: Infiltrator / Insomnia | Grass Pelt
Base Stats: 65 / 103 / 63 / 61 / 81 / 121 (495 BST)
Notable Moves: Bush Claws*, Leaf Blade, Grassy Surge, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Shadow Claw, Phantom Force, Poltergeist, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Hex, Poison Jab, Night Slash, Sucker Punch
New Features:
Name: Bush Claws
Type:

Base Points: 85
Power Points: 24
Precision: 100%
Miscellaneous: contact move
Effect: Power doubles if target is asleep.
Distribution: (exclusive) Absol, Meowth, Sneasel, Skitty, Glameow, Purrloin and Espurr as Egg move.
Flavour/Design: based on oncilla and passion flower/fruit, will have eyes-like spots on its fur.
Potential Competitive Role: A fast physical sweeper take on the abused Grass/Ghost typing.

Name: Ostrepe (ostrich + estrepe, steppe in Portuguese)
Typing:

Ability: Run Away / Sand Rush | Rattled
Base Stats: 45 / 57 / 66 / 56 / 36 / 90 (350 BST)
Flavour/Design: an ostrich with elements of a steppe vegetation.

Name: Ostrampant (ostrich + rampant)
Counterpart(s): Ostramingo
Typing:

Ability: Gale Wings / Sand Rush | Rock Head
Base Stats: 75 / 97 / 86 / 56 / 66 / 120 (500 BST)
Notable Moves: Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Roost, Drill Peck, Drill Run, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Stomping Tantrum, High Horsepower, Spikes, High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Triple Kick, Bulk Up, Low Kick, Double Kick, Blaze Kick, Night Slash, U-Turn, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Swords Dance
Flavour/Design: similar to prevo.
Potential Competitive Role: fast new typing with strong stabs and ok coverage and hazards

Name: Ostramingo (ostrich + strange + flamingo)
Counterpart(s): Ostrampant
Typing:

Ability: Cute Charm / Sand Rush | Queenly Maiesty
Base Stats: 85 / 57 / 86 / 96 / 76 / 100 (500 BST)
Notable Moves: Earth Power, Spikes, Dazzling Gleam, Misty Terrain, Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Air Slash, Roost, Gem Power, Stealth Rock, Calm Mind, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Wish, Heal Bell (undecided about Tail Glow)
Flavour/Design: a mix between an ostrich, a flamingo and parts of a peacock
Potential Competitive Role: fast special setup with utility and hazards

NOTICE: i've edited slate opening post

Last edited:

Gravity Monkey

Que des barz comme si jtais au hebs
is a Top Artist
Name: Brazdan Hippopotas
Typing:

Ability: Gluttony / Hydratation
Base Stats: 68 / 72 / 68 / 38 / 42 / 42
Flavour/Design: Is more like an actual hippo

Name: Brazdan Hippowdon
Typing:

Ability: Strong Jaw / Hydratation
Base Stats: 108 / 122 / 98 / 68 / 62 / 67
Notable Moves: Liquidation, Earthquake, Crunch, Stone Edge, Elemental Fangs, Psychic Fangs, Crunch, Slack Off, Yawn, Superpower, Bulk Up, Aqua Jet
New Features: Jaw Crush | Fighting-type Jaw Lock clone
Flavour/Design: Is more like an actual hippo, has blue and stuff
Potential Competitive Role: Powerful stallbreaker, can trap menace with its signature move and take care of them thanks to his pretty wide coverage.

Last edited:
Name: Squiratoal (Squirrel + Quetzacoatl)
Ability: Electric Surge/Drizzle
Stats: 90/87/85/95/89/110
Typing: Flying,Dragon
Notable Moves: Hurricane, Air Slash, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, U-Turn, Scale Shot, Flip Turn, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Roost, Universal TMs
Design: It's a flying squirrel... that's also a flying serpent, that also summons storms.

Last edited:
Ability: Storm Bringer
Stats: 90/87/85/110/89/130
Notable Moves: Hurricane, Air Slash, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse, U-Turn, Scale Shot, Flip Turn, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Roost, Universal TMs
New Features: Storm Bringer - Summons Rain and Electric Terrain on switch in. This only lasts for 3 turns.
Design: It's a flying squirrel... that's also a flying serpent, that also summons storms.
I'm sorry but concept is a bit messed up, stats are too high and that ability is too strong and not allowed on a regular Pokémon, so I'm vetoing this sub. Try to simplify and not make OU's best mon, give it its role and/or niche but stay balanced.

EDIT: I've seen corrections, Squiratoal is ok to go, even if it has 554 BST, that is kinda high for a non-special Pokémon, you can choose between lowering stas down and allowing us to make it a common wild Pokémon, or leave it this way and we'll treat it like Rotom and Spiritomb, it depends on how you've conceived it.

Last edited:
Name: Brazdoan Chatot
Typing: Dark/Flying
Abilities: Punk rock/Tangled Feet (Intimidate)
Stats: +10 HP, -10 Speed from normal Chatot
Notable Moves: Boom Burst, Chatter, Dark Pulse, U-Turn, Parting Shot, Overdrive, Sparkling Aria, Hurricane, Nasty Plot, Roost
Potential Competitive Role: Possibly too strong for LC. It evolves btw and might find niche in lower tiers.

Name: Chatnot
Stats: 106/75/60/110/56/102 (526)
Notable Moves: Same as below. Add Aura Sphere.
Potential Competitive Role: NP sweeper. It's decently fast, though outpacable and has a strong coverage set with both Air and Overdrive but is one of the few birbs without Heatwave coverage.

Tadpeol
Typing:
Normal/Ground
Abilities: Dry Skin/Rattled (Poison Point)
Stats: 40/50/30/45/25/65 (255)
Notable Moves: Hyper Voice, Body Slam, Earthquake, Earth Power, Surf, Scald, Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Quick Attack
Evolution: Evolves into Frongce if male at lvl 15 or Frogarette if female.
Breeding Groups: Water 1/humanlike (Tadpeol however is a baby and cannot breed)

Frogarette
Typing:
Poison/Ground
Abilities: Dry Skin/Pressure (Queenly Majesty)
Stats: 75/75/70/55/55/60 (390)
Added Moves: Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Seed Bomb, Hydro Pump, Poison Jab, Toxic, Low Kick, High Horsepower
Evolution: Frogatha via Awakening Stone

Frogatha
Typing:
Poison/Ground
Stats: 100/95/95/65/95/75 (515)
Added Moves: Sap Strength, U-Turn, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Giga Drain, Seed Bomb, Jump Kick
Potential Competitive Role: 100/95/95 isn't shabby defenses at all for a Strength Sap poison type. It can U-Turn and set all 3 hazards so use it carefully.

Frongce
Typing:
Normal/Poison
Abilities: Dry Skin/Corrosive (Sun Strider - Chlorophyl clone)
Stats: 50/80/55/70/55/80 (390)
Added Moves: Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Seed Bomb, Hydro Pump, Poison Jab, Toxic, Boom Burst, King Shield, Shadow Ball
Evolution: Frogeorge via Awakening Stone

Frogeorge
Typing:
Normal/Poison
Stats: 65/105/65/105/65/110 (515)
Added Moves: Sap Strength, Bulk Up, Iron Head, Close Combat, Nasty Plot, Bulk Up
Potential Competitive Role: 100+ in all offensive stats is great. Boom Burst and Gunk Blast are brutally strong. The coverage needs help. Corrosive can help a lot as steel, ghost and rock types or Earthquake if those types aren't airborne. Probably wishes it had a fire move.

This line is based on both the Frog Prince and the many, MANY colorful poison frogs of South America. It combines royalty with colorful dart frog patterns.

Last edited:

Magmajudis

Title pending
Name: Flashecker (Flashlight + Woodpecker)
Ability: Berserk
Stats: 65-80-65-130-65-95 (BST: 500)
Typing: Electric-Flying
Notable Moves: Rising Voltage, Hurricane, Air Slash, Agility, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Volt Switch, Earth Power, Boomburst, Terrain Pulse, Universal TMs
Flavour: This Pokemon glows. At day, it flies around berries bushes, and attack people trying to take the berries. At night, it hides in the berry bushes, only attacking if what's shaking the tree doesn't seem too dangerous (it attacks you every time except if you have at least one non fairy type Pokemon that is higher level than him in your party)
Design: Inspired by a light bulb and a woodpecker.
Competitive: This Pokemon could certainly be played in OU, but the two primary sets I imagine would be pretty niche. There could be a Choice Scarf set to remedy to its poor speed, which could still be outspeed by Pokemons, or a Focus Sash+Agility, to take advantage of its ability and poor defenses, but would be countered by any kind of priority or entry hazard.

Last edited:
Tadpeol
Typing:
Normal/Ground
Abilities: Dry Skin/Rattled (Poison Part)
Notable Moves: Hyper Voice, Body Slam, Earthquake, Earth Power, Surf, Scald, Liquidation, Aqua Jet, Quick Attack
What does "Poison Part" do?

Ema Skye

Work!
Name: Brazadan Luvdisc
Stats: 43/55/30/65/40/97
Typing: Grass/Poison
Abilities: Contrary / Leaf Guard
Notable Moves: Grass Whistle, Leaf Storm, Petal Blizzard, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, Toxic Thread, Venom Drench, Venoshock, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Bullet Seed
Description: Resembling the 'heartleaf Philodendron', Brazadan Luvdisc keeps it's heart-shape but it now has vines coming off of its back. It climbs up trees with great ease.

Name: Philoluv [Philodendron (and sounds like'full') + Love]
Stats: 53/125/30/95/60/137
Abilities: Contrary / Skill Link
Notable Moves: Same as above, plus: Triple Axel, Pin Missile, Rock Blast and Scale Shot | New move: Poison Darts
Poison Darts: 15 BP, 90 acc, physical, 10 PP. hits 2-5 times. If move hits 4 or 5 times, target is poisoned.
Description: A collection of Brazadan Luvdiscs, enlarged and wrapped around to resemble a crown. This vine-like Pokemon is blazing fast and grows like a weed. In some areas of Brazada, it has eliminated some native populations of Pokemon.
Competitive: Fast af Pokemon that hits really hard. Bullet Seed and Poison Darts form most of its STAB (acting as 125 BP and 75 BP + Poison STAB moves). Triple Axel, Rock Blast and Scale Shot give it more options to work with. Contrary is mostly for flavor, as this line is basically the opposite of normal Luvdisc) but it could be fun with Leaf Storm-based sets. Kept in check by its awful bulk, as it falls over to virtually any priority move.

Last edited:
Ok, so this Slate had less enthusiasm than I was expecting, but hey!, maybe next time.
I'm here to say that Voting Phase will start in 24 hours or so.

Also, I totally forgot about starter exclusive moves, but I guess we can figure out their movepools (discussion is happening on Discord) first and then sub them.

I have to say that Petuuuhhh is intentioned to make a GBA Hack Rom from this, so if you'd like to contribute join us on Discord @ #gen-x_hackrom, we're making a team (including me).

Last edited:
Brazadan Dedenne:
Type: Electric/Grass
Stats: 62/15/78/92/66/108 (431 BST)
Abilities: Leaf Guard/Cheek Pouch/Volt Absorb (HA)
Removed Moves: Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam, Charm, Iron Tail, Covet
New Moves: Energy Ball, Leaf Storm, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Flatter
Description: I decided to make it part Grass-type and not remove the Electric typing, since I think that it would really take away from the role of Dedenne overall.

Last edited:
Name: Brazdan Oricorio
Counterpart(s): Oricorio (Brazdan Oricorio cannot switch between the styles of Alolan Oricorio)
Typing:

Ability: Dancer
Base Stats: 65 / 98 / 70 / 70 / 70 / 103 (BST: 479)
Notable Moves: Swords Dance, Acrobatics, Brave Bird, Triple Axel, Revelation Spin, Revelation Dance, Calm Mind, Hurricane, Roost, U-Turn, Steel Wing, Shadow Claw, Mega Kick, Stomping Tantrum, Rapid Spin, Defog, Agility, Taunt
New Features: Revelation Spin - Physical clone of Revelation Dance, learned by Oricorio-B and the other Oricorio forms
Flavor/Design: An Oricorio based on the Brazilian martial art and style of dance capoeira. Oricorio are only located around a single type of flower in the Brazdo region, whose nectar makes them more violent, have stronger legs, and more agility. The musical martial arts that Brazdan Oricorios preform became hugely popular in the Brazdo region as a sport and performance art ever since people first migrated to the region and noticed the Pokemon's ferociously elegant movements in battle.
Potential Competitive Role: A pretty quintessential Swords Dance Sweeper with great Fighting/Flying STAB coverage and your choice of Triple Axel or Steel Wing to nail resists. It can also pull off a decent hazard clearing set with Heavy-Duty Boots, Rapid Spin or Defog, and U-Turn, and Taunt
Name: Blancobra (Blank + Cobra)
Counterpart(s): N/A
Typing:

Ability: Clear Body / Shed Skin / Dry Skin (HA)
Base Stats: 46 / 75 / 60 / 75 / 30 / 54 (BST: 285)
Notable Moves: Hyper Fang, Return, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Coil, Reflect Type, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fangs, Crunch, Stealth Rock, Tri Attack, Earth Power, Ancient Power, Reflect, Light Screen, Flash, Glare
New Features: N/A
Flavor/Design: Based on a baby snake, specifically non-venomous species (despite its name having cobra in it). A Blancobra's body is completely white, some much so that the light that reflects off of it gives a rainbow hue. This does make them stick out like a sore thumb in the grass, making it difficult to hide from predators, but Blancobra can use the sun's light to its advantage by reflecting the light off its skin into the eyes of attackers
Potential Competitive Role: A Water-immune Ground-type with the broken move that is Glare is cool, but it's a bit too frail to see much use in LC

Name: Rainboa (Rainbow + Boa)
Typing:

Ability: Illuminate / Marvel Scale / Dry Skin (HA)
Base Stats: 81 / 95 / 65 / 110 / 100 / 74 (BST: 525)
Notable Moves: Hyper Fang, Return, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Coil, Reflect Type, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fangs, Crunch, Stealth Rock, Tri Attack, Earth Power, Ancient Power, Reflect, Light Screen, Flash, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Terrain Pulse, Stone Edge, Camouflage, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Play Rough, Morning Sun, Flash Cannon, Scale Shot, Glare
Flavor/Design: Based on the rainbow boa. The scales of a Rainboa beautifully glisten with every color imaginable, making them quite a sight to see during peak hours of sunlight, though it's recommended that you wear sunglasses before trying to look at them. Rainboa use their scales to ward off predators from their nests and stun potential prey.
Potential Competitive Role: A very versatile bulky offensive mon, ranging from Coil + Glare sets, Specially Defensive Stealth Rock sets, Flame Orb Marvel Scale mixed walling, Calm Mind, even gimmicky things like an Offensive Coil + Scale Shot set, Rainboa can do a lot. However, it can't cover for everything at once and its poor physical bulk is almost always going to be a problem in some way.
Name: Alumane (Aluminum + Mane)
Typing:

Ability: Technician / Volt Absorb / Light Metal (HA)
Base Stats: 35 / 55 / 65 / 30 / 35 / 75 (BST: 295)
Notable Moves: Magnet Bomb, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Bite, Crunch, Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Howl, Roar, Double Kick, Quick Attack, Rock Tomb, Spark, Thief, Aerial Ace, Magnet Rise, Iron Defense
Flavor/Design: Based on a maned wolf pup. The short mane of Alumanes are made up of flexible yet sturdy metal-like furs, giving the small Pokemon protection from unseen attackers.
Potential Competitive Role: It has multiple cool moves to abuse with Technician, like Magnet Bomb, Thief, and Double Kick, though it wishes it was a bit stronger to really leave a dent in the LC metagame

Name: Silicyon (Silicon + Chrysocyon (Genus of maned wolves))
Typing:

Base Stats: 55 / 100 / 115 / 50 / 60 / 130 (BST: 510)
Notable Moves: Magnet Bomb, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Bite, Crunch, Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Howl, Roar, Double Kick, Quick Attack, Rock Tomb, Spark, Thief, Bulldoze, Swords Dance, Sand Tomb, Sucker Punch, Superpower, Aerial Ace, Iron Defense, Knock Off, Magnet Rise
Flavor/Design: Based on a maned wolf. Silicyons are extremely agile despite being notably tall compared to other canine Pokemon thanks to having sleek, flexible, steel-like hairs all over its body, being most prominent on its long and tall mane, which it can use to effectively block dangerous attacks
Potential Competitive Role: Silicyon is an interesting sweeper, as Steel isn't a very good offensive typing, but Silicyon instead looks to find set up opportunities by using its great defensive typing and respectable 55/115 physical bulk to get up Swords Dances, before busting through the opposing team with Techinican boosted options in Magnet Bomb, Double Kick, Bulldoze, and Rock Tomb, while reaping the benefits of the latter two's utility. Alternatively, it can opt for Volt Absorb for more set up opportunities and use Iron Head/Tail, Superpower, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, and Ice Fang as its offensive options.

Last edited:
Name: Sapeetle
Typing:

Ability: Shell Armor / Sap Sipper | Oblivious (HA)
Base Stats: 50 / 60 / 100 / 35 / 55 / 40 | 340 BST
Notable Moves: Bug Bite, Megahorn, Body Press, Iron Defense
Flavour/Design: A small black pill beetle that you shake out of trees. The design would emphasize PhyDef and a thick outer shell.
Potential Competitive Role: Perhaps if it learns Bug Bite early enough it could pull its own weight in-game until it evolves.

Evolves at lvl. 20 and learns Whirlwind

Name: Carapex
Typing:

Ability: Shell Armor / Sap Sipper | Wind Blaster (HA)
Base Stats: 70 / 90 / 140 / 55 / 80 / 70 | 505 BST
Notable Moves: U-turn, Megahorn, Dual Wingbeat, Body Press, Roost, Defog, Whirlwind, Iron Defense
New Features: Wind Blaster - non-contact Flying-type moves are reflected back at the user. Also applies to the move Whirlwind
Flavour/Design: A gigantic beetle that feeds on tree bark and sap. It's main way of defending itself is to hold the ground tightly with its feet and use its wings to blow away even the heaviest of foes. It could have potential as the generation's fast travel pokemon, being a large, common, and gentle Flying-type.
Potential Competitive Role: Probably not an OU staple but Body Press and a neat immunity ability gives it some tools to work with. I see U-turn / Body Press / Defog / Roost and Dual Wingbeat / Body Press / Iron Defense / Roost as the main sets it would run.

Name: Rigloam
Typing:

Ability: Limber / Dry Skin | Symbiosis (HA)
Base Stats: 25 / 15 / 25 / 100 / 125 / 15 | 305 BST
Notable Moves: Pollen Puff, Earth Power, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Ancient Power, Extrasensory, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Terrain Pulse, Aromatherapy, Wish, Calm Mind,
Flavour/Design: An earthworm pokemon, 'nuff said.
Potential In-Game Role: I imagine it would have a lot weak or physical moves early on its movepool, to give the impression of a trashmon. If you stick with it or find the right TMs, you can take advantage of its sweet special stats to carry certain battles.

Evolves > lvl. 25 in Rain

Name: Silkida
Typing:

Base Stats: 35 / 25 / 35 / 135 / 225 / 25 | 480 BST
Notable Moves: Pollen Puff, Earth Power, Giga Drain, Energy Ball, Ancient Power, Extrasensory, Dazzling Gleam, Draining Kiss, Terrain Pulse, Aromatherapy, Wish, Calm Mind,
Potential Competitive Role: With more Special bulk than Shuckle and a Water immunity, it can serve as a check or counter to many Special attackers. It has a tough time with Flying types but that is very flavor appropriate.

Last edited:
Name: Paras-Brazdo
Typing:

Ability: Keen Eye / Insomnia / Analytic
Base Stats: 35 / 45 / 55 / 70 / 55 / 25 (BST 285)
Notable Moves: Powder moves get nixed in favor of Confusion, Psyshock, Psychic, and other stuff Psychic mons get, plus Miracle Eye and Mean Look. Rest gets removed too, as does Grassy Terrain in favor of Psychic Terrain. Also Bug Buzz.
Flavour/Design: Paras is now a deeper red, and each of its two mushrooms is replaced with a red fruit bound to a vine around it, the fruits resembling eyes. These fruits seem to energize Paras and give it awakened psychic powers. They seem to be more common near the basins of rivers for whatever reason.

Name: Parasect-Brazdo
Typing:

Ability: Compound Eyes / Piercing Vision / Analytic
Base Stats: 60 / 60 / 80 / 95 / 80 / 30 (BST 405)
Notable Moves: Same deal as prevo, plus Poison Jab and Future Sight.
Flavour/Design: Parasect keeps its deeper color scheme while also being shrouded in the same eye fruits that adorned its prevo in lieu of a giant mushroom. Parasect has become one with the plant on it, the eye fruits now acting as additional eyes for it, and thus it doesn’t use its body’s eyes often. In fact, it takes greatest issue when the eye fruits are attacked, but they secrete a sweet poison.
New Features: Piercing Vision basically makes its Psychic moves bypass the Dark type's immunity.

Name: Parascend
Typing:

Base Stats: 80 / 70 / 80 / 140 / 110 / 40 (BST 520)
Notable Moves: Whatever the mid-evo has plus "Field of Vision", Trick Room, Power Whip, and other things
Flavour/Design: Brazdan Parasect has made the eye fruits its new body. It has tapped into the overwhelming psychic power displayed by the plants, radiating an even sweeter scent. It's basically a giant Guarana stalk protruding from its former body's back, the Brazdan Parasect being nothing more than an appendage for locomotion. It also has plenty of appendages growing off of Parasect’s back. It being extremely prone to being woken up means that it’s fruits go untouched-When being preyed upon, it surrounds itself in psychic energy that attacks the minds of those who draw too close, which most Pokémon cannot detect unless it’s too late.
New Features: Field of Vision is basically Obstruct but it drops SpD instead, listed as Psychic type. Flavor is that psychic power shrouds the user and warps an incoming attack to fail, attacking the target's mind before the hit could land if they dare make contact.
Possible Competitive Role: Field of Vision under Trick Room allows you to null an incoming contact move and strike back hard.

Last edited:
I'm not sure you can remove Rest-isn't it one of the near-universal TMs?
Small clarification: this is from when our TM list was being decided!
Important clarification:​
- All of these are "by default," but they are not required. There can still be exceptions if there's either a strong flavor reason or an important mechanical reason! It's just worth noting that these are the moves that will be the most affected and the most widely distributed by gaining TM or tutor status. There are one or two exceptions to almost all of these in canon already, but we do need to have some kind of starting point; I would much rather ask the few people who don't want one of them on their Fakemon to say so than be limited to only the people who know to mention these as competitive additions.
- This also extends to moves that are noted here as being "mostly exclusive" to a certain type. There are frequently exceptions made for "honorary members" of the type (like Comfey and Sirfetch'd for Grass) and sometimes just one or two outliers if the move has strong flavor significance.
Absolutely none of these are strict requirements, and none of them should be treated as such! However, they're very useful guidelines to follow and can help to provide a starting point for movepools, and I think it can be valuable to offer them as a starting point for our TM list.
Rest is just one of the moves that we consider safe to assume unless told otherwise - mainly in the interest of making a realistic starting point for movepools as efficiently as possible and not missing things by mistake - but people can absolutely deviate from that if they want.
Even in the official games, Regigigas, Komala, Magearna and all four tapu from Alola are Pokémon with otherwise-normal movepools that were unable to learn Rest in Gen VII (Regigigas and Komala for mechanical reasons and Magearna and the tapu for flavor ones), although all but Komala ended up getting it in SwSh.
All of that said, it is absolutely fine to note Rest as an exception, yeah! C:

Hi there!, time to close Submission Phase. These are our subs:
Name: Deerling-Brazda
Typing:

Base Stats: 55 / 65 / 45 / 30 / 55 / 85 (335)
Height/Weight: 0.5 m / 17 kg
Flavour/Design: Based on the Pampas deer which lives in grasslands and marshes in Brazil. Smaller than Unovan Deerling, this variant spends most of its time near water, where its special hooves allow it to run across the surface at high speed to escape predators. Brazdan Deerling have two different seasonal forms, a Rainy Form and a Dry Form, similar to Unovan Deerling's seasonal forms. The Rainy Form has a watery ring on its head while the Dry Form has a cracked clay ring. Evolves into Brazdan Sawsbuck at level 34.

Name: Sawsbuck-Brazda
Typing:

Base Stats: 70 / 110 / 65 / 50 / 75 / 105 (475)
Notable Moves: Liquidation, Waterfall, Body Slam, Double-Edge, Swords Dance, Horn Leech, Zen Headbutt, Megahorn, Icicle Spear, Play Rough
Height/Weight: 1.6 m / 82 kg
Flavour/Design: Brazdan Sawsbuck has antlers like its Unovan relative except that it has tear drop shaped beads on them in its Rainy Form, while the antlers are bare in its Dry Form.
Competitive: Probably a physical Choice-based sweeper abusing Serene Grace STAB Liquidation, Waterfall, and Body Slam along with coverage options in Zen Headbutt, Megahorn, Horn Leech, and Play Rough. A Swords Dance set could work but Brazdan Sawsbuck is fragile and might not get a chance to set up.

Name: Salssaro (saltar + passaro, "jump" and "bird")
Typing:

Base Stats: 45 / 65 / 60 / 40 / 40 / 70 (320)
Height/Weight: 0.7 m / 25 kg
Flavour/Design: Based on the rhea, a large flightless bird similar to but smaller than an ostrich that is native to the South American plains. Salssaro is only a chick, yet it has already developed long, powerful legs that allow it to jump several times its height or kick boulders into rubble. If surrounded, it will stomp hard enough to break open the ground under its attackers and stop them from chasing it. Evolves into Salrhea at level 36.

Name: Salrhea (saltar + rhea)
Typing:

Base Stats: 75 / 95 / 90 / 60 / 60 / 120 (500)
Notable Moves: High Horsepower, Earthquake, High Jump Kick, Swords Dance, Bulk Up, Agility, Stone Edge, Brave Bird, Knock Off, Blaze Kick, U-turn
Height/Weight: 1.5 m / 60 kg
Flavour/Design: Salrhea is a full grown rhea, capable of pulverizing concrete and steel with its kicks. While unable to fly, it jumps high and far enough to render flight unnecessary. Salrhea are especially dangerous when protecting their young Salssaro, with one recorded case of a pair demolishing a building to rescue them from hunters.
Competitive: Salrhea has a high speed stat and can set up with Swords Dance, Bulk Up, or Agility, or it could run a Choice item. It has powerful STABs in Earthquake/High Horsepower and High Jump Kick, with EdgeQuake coverage with Stone Edge, or it could run another offensive option like Brave Bird, Blaze Kick, or Knock Off. Sand Rush turns Salrhea into an extremely fast sand sweeper.

Name: Souarente (souari + semente, "seed")
Typing:

Abilities: Static / Solar Power (HA)
Base Stats: 35 / 40 / 80 / 55 / 70 / 30 (310)
Height/Weight: 0.2 m / 3 kg
Flavour/Design: Based on the pequi tree's fruit, called a souari nut, which grows in Brazil. Souarente give off a sweet odor which causes a tingling sensation in the noses of those who smell it. Its skin conducts electricity very well, and Souarente generate small amounts of static electricity as they move around on their small legs. Evolves into Pequetal at level 16.

Name: Pequetal (pequi + petal)
Typing:

Base Stats: 55 / 50 / 85 / 90 / 90 / 40 (410)
Height/Weight: 0.7 m / 7 kg
Flavour/Design: Pequetal is like a souari nut that has halfway opened, its head blooming into a small yellow flower. Its petals generate electricity which it uses to keep pesky bug and bird Pokemon away. Evolves into Florapago with a Thunder Stone.

Name: Florapago (flora + relâmpago, "lightning")
Typing:

Base Stats: 85 / 60 / 100 / 110 / 105 / 50 (510)
Notable Moves: Leaf Storm, Petal Dance, Giga Drain, Thunderbolt, Discharge, Leech Seed, Growth, Thunder Wave, Stun Spore, Volt Switch, Pollen Puff, Synthesis, Dazzling Gleam
Height/Weight: 1.7 m / 30 kg
Flavour/Design: Florapago is a tall, zigzag-shaped stalk with multiple flowers on its two arms. It fires off powerful thunderbolts from its flowers to deter bug and bird Pokemon. People in the region use Florapago to generate electricity for their homes as well as protecting their homes from lightning strikes.
Competitive: Florapago can run Solar Power on sun teams, or it can block Electric moves like Thunder Wave and Volt Switch with Volt Absorb. It is slow but bulky with good special attack, though its coverage options are limited Pollen Puff and Dazzling Gleam which at least allow it to hit Grass-types and Dragon-types, respectively. Otherwise it can utilize its bulk with utility like Leech Seed, Stun Spore, Synthesis, and Volt Switch.
Name: Oncuja (oncilla + maracujá)
Typing:

Ability: Infiltrator / Insomnia | Grass Pelt
Base Stats: 65 / 103 / 63 / 61 / 81 / 121 (495 BST)
Notable Moves: Bush Claws*, Leaf Blade, Grassy Surge, Synthesis, Leech Seed, Sleep Powder, Shadow Claw, Phantom Force, Poltergeist, Confuse Ray, Shadow Ball, Hex, Poison Jab, Night Slash, Sucker Punch
New Features:
Name: Bush Claws
Type:

Base Points: 85
Power Points: 24
Precision: 100%
Miscellaneous: contact move
Effect: Power doubles if target is asleep.
Distribution: (exclusive) Absol, Meowth, Sneasel, Skitty, Glameow, Purrloin and Espurr as Egg move.
Flavour/Design: based on oncilla and passion flower/fruit, will have eyes-like spots on its fur.
Potential Competitive Role: A fast physical sweeper take on the abused Grass/Ghost typing.

Name: Ostrepe (ostrich + estrepe, steppe in Portuguese)
Typing:

Ability: Run Away / Sand Rush | Rattled
Base Stats: 45 / 57 / 66 / 56 / 36 / 90 (350 BST)
Flavour/Design: an ostrich with elements of a steppe vegetation.

Name: Ostrampant (ostrich + rampant)
Counterpart(s): Ostramingo
Typing:

Ability: Gale Wings / Sand Rush | Rock Head
Base Stats: 75 / 97 / 86 / 56 / 66 / 120 (500 BST)
Notable Moves: Brave Bird, Acrobatics, Roost, Drill Peck, Drill Run, Earthquake, Bulldoze, Stomping Tantrum, High Horsepower, Spikes, High Jump Kick, Jump Kick, Triple Kick, Bulk Up, Low Kick, Double Kick, Blaze Kick, Night Slash, U-Turn, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Rock Slide, Swords Dance
Flavour/Design: similar to prevo.
Potential Competitive Role: fast new typing with strong stabs and ok coverage and hazards

Name: Ostramingo (ostrich + strange + flamingo)
Counterpart(s): Ostrampant
Typing:

Ability: Cute Charm / Sand Rush | Queenly Maiesty
Base Stats: 85 / 57 / 86 / 96 / 76 / 100 (500 BST)
Notable Moves: Earth Power, Spikes, Dazzling Gleam, Misty Terrain, Draining Kiss, Sweet Kiss, Air Slash, Roost, Gem Power, Stealth Rock, Calm Mind, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball, Energy Ball, Wish, Heal Bell (undecided about Tail Glow)
Flavour/Design: a mix between an ostrich, a flamingo and parts of a peacock
Potential Competitive Role: fast special setup with utility and hazards

NOTICE: i've edited slate opening post
Name: Brazdan Hippopotas
Typing:

Ability: Gluttony / Hydratation
Base Stats: 68 / 72 / 68 / 38 / 42 / 42
Flavour/Design: Is more like an actual hippo

Name: Brazdan Hippowdon
Typing:

Ability: Strong Jaw / Hydratation
Base Stats: 108 / 122 / 98 / 68 / 62 / 67
Notable Moves: Liquidation, Earthquake, Crunch, Stone Edge, Elemental Fangs, Psychic Fangs, Crunch, Slack Off, Yawn, Superpower, Bulk Up, Aqua Jet
New Features: Jaw Crush | Fighting-type Jaw Lock clone
Flavour/Design: Is more like an actual hippo, has blue and stuff
Potential Competitive Role: Powerful stallbreaker, can trap menace with its signature move and take care of them thanks to his pretty wide coverage.
Ability: Electric Surge/Drizzle
Stats: 90/87/85/95/89/110
Name: Brazdoan Chatot
Stats: +10 HP, -10 Speed from normal Chatot
Notable Moves: Boom Burst, Chatter, Dark Pulse, U-Turn, Parting Shot, Overdrive, Sparkling Aria, Hurricane, Nasty Plot, Roost
Potential Competitive Role: Possibly too strong for LC. It evolves btw and might find niche in lower tiers.

Name: Chatnot
Stats: 106/75/60/110/56/102 (526)
Notable Moves: Same as below. Add Aura Sphere.
Potential Competitive Role: NP sweeper. It's decently fast, though outpacable and has a strong coverage set with both Air and Overdrive but is one of the few birbs without Heatwave coverage.

Tadpeol
Typing:
Normal/Ground
Abilities: Dry Skin/Rattled (Poison Point)

Frogarette
Typing:
Poison/Ground
Stats: 75/75/70/55/55/60 (390)
Added Moves: Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Seed Bomb, Hydro Pump, Poison Jab, Toxic, Low Kick, High Horsepower
Evolution: Frogatha via Awakening Stone

Frogatha
Typing:
Poison/Ground
Stats: 100/95/95/65/95/75 (515)
Added Moves: Sap Strength, U-Turn, Stealth Rock, Stone Edge, Giga Drain, Seed Bomb, Jump Kick
Potential Competitive Role: 100/95/95 isn't shabby defenses at all for a Strength Sap poison type. It can U-Turn and set all 3 hazards so use it carefully.

Frongce
Typing:
Normal/Poison
Stats: 50/80/55/70/55/80 (390)
Added Moves: Gunk Shot, Sludge Bomb, Sludge Wave, Spikes, Toxic Spikes, Seed Bomb, Hydro Pump, Poison Jab, Toxic, Boom Burst, King Shield, Shadow Ball
Evolution: Frogeorge via Awakening Stone

Frogeorge
Typing:
Normal/Poison
Stats: 65/105/65/105/65/110 (515)
Added Moves: Sap Strength, Bulk Up, Iron Head, Close Combat, Nasty Plot, Bulk Up
Potential Competitive Role: 100+ in all offensive stats is great. Boom Burst and Gunk Blast are brutally strong. The coverage needs help. Corrosive can help a lot as steel, ghost and rock types or Earthquake if those types aren't airborne. Probably wishes it had a fire move.

This line is based on both the Frog Prince and the many, MANY colorful poison frogs of South America. It combines royalty with colorful dart frog patterns.
Name: Flashecker (Flashlight + Woodpecker)
Ability: Berserk
Stats: 65-80-65-130-65-95 (BST: 500)
Typing: Electric-Flying
Notable Moves: Rising Voltage, Hurricane, Air Slash, Agility, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Volt Switch, Earth Power, Boomburst, Terrain Pulse, Universal TMs
Flavour: This Pokemon glows. At day, it flies around berries bushes, and attack people trying to take the berries. At night, it hides in the berry bushes, only attacking if what's shaking the tree doesn't seem too dangerous (it attacks you every time except if you have at least one non fairy type Pokemon that is higher level than him in your party)
Design: Inspired by a light bulb and a woodpecker.
Competitive: This Pokemon could certainly be played in OU, but the two primary sets I imagine would be pretty niche. There could be a Choice Scarf set to remedy to its poor speed, which could still be outspeed by Pokemons, or a Focus Sash+Agility, to take advantage of its ability and poor defenses, but would be countered by any kind of priority or entry hazard.
Name: Brazadan Luvdisc
Stats: 43/55/30/65/40/97
Abilities: Contrary / Leaf Guard
Notable Moves: Grass Whistle, Leaf Storm, Petal Blizzard, Giga Drain, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Stun Spore, Toxic, Sludge Bomb, Toxic Spikes, Toxic Thread, Venom Drench, Venoshock, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Bullet Seed
Description: Resembling the 'heartleaf Philodendron', Brazadan Luvdisc keeps it's heart-shape but it now has vines coming off of its back. It climbs up trees with great ease.

Name: Philoluv [Philodendron (and sounds like'full') + Love]
Stats: 53/125/30/95/60/137
Abilities: Contrary / Skill Link
Notable Moves: Same as above, plus: Triple Axel, Pin Missile, Rock Blast and Scale Shot | New move: Poison Darts
Poison Darts: 15 BP, 90 acc, physical, 10 PP. hits 2-5 times. If move hits 4 or 5 times, target is poisoned.
Description: A collection of Brazadan Luvdiscs, enlarged and wrapped around to resemble a crown. This vine-like Pokemon is blazing fast and grows like a weed. In some areas of Brazada, it has eliminated some native populations of Pokemon.
Competitive: Fast af Pokemon that hits really hard. Bullet Seed and Poison Darts form most of its STAB (acting as 125 BP and 75 BP + Poison STAB moves). Triple Axel, Rock Blast and Scale Shot give it more options to work with. Contrary is mostly for flavor, as this line is basically the opposite of normal Luvdisc) but it could be fun with Leaf Storm-based sets. Kept in check by its awful bulk, as it falls over to virtually any priority move.
Brazadan Dedenne:
Type: Electric/Grass
Stats: 62/15/78/92/66/108 (431 BST)
Abilities: Leaf Guard/Cheek Pouch/Volt Absorb (HA)
Removed Moves: Play Rough, Dazzling Gleam, Charm, Iron Tail, Covet
New Moves: Energy Ball, Leaf Storm, Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Flatter
Description: I decided to make it part Grass-type and not remove the Electric typing, since I think that it would really take away from the role of Dedenne overall.
Name: Brazdan Oricorio
Counterpart(s): Oricorio (Brazdan Oricorio cannot switch between the styles of Alolan Oricorio)
Typing:

Ability: Dancer
Base Stats: 65 / 98 / 70 / 70 / 70 / 103 (BST: 479)
Notable Moves: Swords Dance, Acrobatics, Brave Bird, Triple Axel, Revelation Spin, Revelation Dance, Calm Mind, Hurricane, Roost, U-Turn, Steel Wing, Shadow Claw, Mega Kick, Stomping Tantrum, Rapid Spin, Defog, Agility, Taunt
New Features: Revelation Spin - Physical clone of Revelation Dance, learned by Oricorio-B and the other Oricorio forms
Flavor/Design: An Oricorio based on the Brazilian martial art and style of dance capoeira. Oricorio are only located around a single type of flower in the Brazdo region, whose nectar makes them more violent, have stronger legs, and more agility. The musical martial arts that Brazdan Oricorios preform became hugely popular in the Brazdo region as a sport and performance art ever since people first migrated to the region and noticed the Pokemon's ferociously elegant movements in battle.
Potential Competitive Role: A pretty quintessential Swords Dance Sweeper with great Fighting/Flying STAB coverage and your choice of Triple Axel or Steel Wing to nail resists. It can also pull off a decent hazard clearing set with Heavy-Duty Boots, Rapid Spin or Defog, and U-Turn, and Taunt
Name: Blancobra (Blank + Cobra)
Typing:

Ability: Clear Body / Shed Skin / Dry Skin (HA)
Base Stats: 46 / 75 / 60 / 75 / 30 / 54 (BST: 285)
Notable Moves: Hyper Fang, Return, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Coil, Reflect Type, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fangs, Crunch, Stealth Rock, Tri Attack, Earth Power, Ancient Power, Reflect, Light Screen, Flash, Glare
Flavor/Design: Based on a baby snake, specifically non-venomous species (despite its name having cobra in it). A Blancobra's body is completely white, some much so that the light that reflects off of it gives a rainbow hue. This does make them stick out like a sore thumb in the grass, making it difficult to hide from predators, but Blancobra can use the sun's light to its advantage by reflecting the light off its skin into the eyes of attackers
Potential Competitive Role: A Water-immune Ground-type with the broken move that is Glare is cool, but it's a bit too frail to see much use in LC

Name: Rainboa (Rainbow + Boa)
Typing:

Ability: Illuminate / Marvel Scale / Dry Skin (HA)
Base Stats: 81 / 95 / 65 / 110 / 100 / 74 (BST: 525)
Notable Moves: Hyper Fang, Return, Earthquake, Rock Slide, Bulldoze, Coil, Reflect Type, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fangs, Crunch, Stealth Rock, Tri Attack, Earth Power, Ancient Power, Reflect, Light Screen, Flash, Dazzling Gleam, Moonblast, Terrain Pulse, Stone Edge, Camouflage, Shadow Ball, Iron Tail, Play Rough, Morning Sun, Flash Cannon, Scale Shot, Glare
Flavor/Design: Based on the rainbow boa. The scales of a Rainboa beautifully glisten with every color imaginable, making them quite a sight to see during peak hours of sunlight, though it's recommended that you wear sunglasses before trying to look at them. Rainboa use their scales to ward off predators from their nests and stun potential prey.
Potential Competitive Role: A very versatile bulky offensive mon, ranging from Coil + Glare sets, Specially Defensive Stealth Rock sets, Flame Orb Marvel Scale mixed walling, Calm Mind, even gimmicky things like an Offensive Coil + Scale Shot set, Rainboa can do a lot. However, it can't cover for everything at once and its poor physical bulk is almost always going to be a problem in some way.
Name: Alumane (Aluminum + Mane)
Typing:

Base Stats: 35 / 55 / 65 / 30 / 35 / 75 (BST: 295)
Notable Moves: Magnet Bomb, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Bite, Crunch, Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Howl, Roar, Double Kick, Quick Attack, Rock Tomb, Spark, Thief, Aerial Ace, Magnet Rise, Iron Defense
Flavor/Design: Based on a maned wolf pup. The short mane of Alumanes are made up of flexible yet sturdy metal-like furs, giving the small Pokemon protection from unseen attackers.
Potential Competitive Role: It has multiple cool moves to abuse with Technician, like Magnet Bomb, Thief, and Double Kick, though it wishes it was a bit stronger to really leave a dent in the LC metagame

Name: Silicyon (Silicon + Chrysocyon (Genus of maned wolves))
Typing:

Base Stats: 55 / 100 / 115 / 50 / 60 / 130 (BST: 510)
Notable Moves: Magnet Bomb, Iron Head, Iron Tail, Bite, Crunch, Psychic Fangs, Ice Fang, Thunder Fang, Howl, Roar, Double Kick, Quick Attack, Rock Tomb, Spark, Thief, Bulldoze, Swords Dance, Sand Tomb, Sucker Punch, Superpower, Aerial Ace, Iron Defense, Knock Off, Magnet Rise
Flavor/Design: Based on a maned wolf. Silicyons are extremely agile despite being notably tall compared to other canine Pokemon thanks to having sleek, flexible, steel-like hairs all over its body, being most prominent on its long and tall mane, which it can use to effectively block dangerous attacks
Potential Competitive Role: Silicyon is an interesting sweeper, as Steel isn't a very good offensive typing, but Silicyon instead looks to find set up opportunities by using its great defensive typing and respectable 55/115 physical bulk to get up Swords Dances, before busting through the opposing team with Techinican boosted options in Magnet Bomb, Double Kick, Bulldoze, and Rock Tomb, while reaping the benefits of the latter two's utility. Alternatively, it can opt for Volt Absorb for more set up opportunities and use Iron Head/Tail, Superpower, Knock Off, Sucker Punch, and Ice Fang as its offensive options.
Name: Sapeetle
Typing:

Ability: Shell Armor / Sap Sipper | Oblivious (HA)
Base Stats: 50 / 60 / 100 / 35 / 55 / 40 | 340 BST
Notable Moves: Bug Bite, Megahorn, Body Press, Iron Defense
Flavour/Design: A small black pill beetle that you shake out of trees. The design would emphasize PhyDef and a thick outer shell.
Potential Competitive Role: Perhaps if it learns Bug Bite early enough it could pull its own weight in-game until it evolves.

Evolves at lvl. 20 and learns Whirlwind

Name: Carapex
Typing:

Ability: Shell Armor / Sap Sipper | Wind Blaster (HA)
Base Stats: 70 / 90 / 140 / 55 / 80 / 70 | 505 BST
Notable Moves: U-turn, Megahorn, Dual Wingbeat, Body Press, Roost, Defog, Whirlwind, Iron Defense
New Features: Wind Blaster - non-contact Flying-type moves are reflected back at the user. Also applies to the move Whirlwind
Flavour/Design: A gigantic beetle that feeds on tree bark and sap. It's main way of defending itself is to hold the ground tightly with its feet and use its wings to blow away even the heaviest of foes. It could have potential as the generation's fast travel pokemon, being a large, common, and gentle Flying-type.
Potential Competitive Role: Probably not an OU staple but Body Press and a neat immunity ability gives it some tools to work with. I see U-turn / Body Press / Defog / Roost and Dual Wingbeat / Body Press / Iron Defense / Roost as the main sets it would run.

Name: Rigloam
Typing:

Base Stats: 25 / 15 / 25 / 100 / 125 / 15 | 305 BST
Potential In-Game Role: I imagine it would have a lot weak or physical moves early on its movepool, to give the impression of a trashmon. If you stick with it or find the right TMs, you can take advantage of its sweet special stats to carry certain battles.

Evolves > lvl. 25 in Rain

Name: Silkida
Typing:

Base Stats: 35 / 25 / 35 / 135 / 225 / 25 | 480 BST
Potential Competitive Role: With more Special bulk than Shuckle and a Water immunity, it can serve as a check or counter to many Special attackers. It has a tough time with Flying types but that is very flavor appropriate.
Name: Paras-Brazdo
Typing:

Ability: Keen Eye / Insomnia / Analytic
Base Stats: 35 / 45 / 55 / 70 / 55 / 25 (BST 285)
Notable Moves: Powder moves get nixed in favor of Confusion, Psyshock, Psychic, and other stuff Psychic mons get, plus Miracle Eye and Mean Look. Rest gets removed too, as does Grassy Terrain in favor of Psychic Terrain. Also Bug Buzz.
Flavour/Design: Paras is now a deeper red, and each of its two mushrooms is replaced with a red fruit bound to a vine around it, the fruits resembling eyes. These fruits seem to energize Paras and give it awakened psychic powers. They seem to be more common near the basins of rivers for whatever reason.

Name: Parasect-Brazdo
Typing:

Base Stats: 60 / 60 / 80 / 95 / 80 / 30 (BST 405)
Notable Moves: Same deal as prevo, plus Poison Jab and Future Sight.
Flavour/Design: Parasect keeps its deeper color scheme while also being shrouded in the same eye fruits that adorned its prevo in lieu of a giant mushroom. Parasect has become one with the plant on it, the eye fruits now acting as additional eyes for it, and thus it doesn’t use its body’s eyes often. In fact, it takes greatest issue when the eye fruits are attacked, but they secrete a sweet poison.
New Features: Piercing Vision basically makes its Psychic moves bypass the Dark type's immunity.

Name: Parascend
Typing:

Base Stats: 80 / 70 / 80 / 140 / 110 / 40 (BST 520)
Notable Moves: Whatever the mid-evo has plus "Field of Vision", Trick Room, Power Whip, and other things
Flavour/Design: Brazdan Parasect has made the eye fruits its new body. It has tapped into the overwhelming psychic power displayed by the plants, radiating an even sweeter scent. It's basically a giant Guarana stalk protruding from its former body's back, the Brazdan Parasect being nothing more than an appendage for locomotion. It also has plenty of appendages growing off of Parasect’s back. It being extremely prone to being woken up means that it’s fruits go untouched-When being preyed upon, it surrounds itself in psychic energy that attacks the minds of those who draw too close, which most Pokémon cannot detect unless it’s too late.
New Features: Field of Vision is basically Obstruct but it drops SpD instead, listed as Psychic type. Flavor is that psychic power shrouds the user and warps an incoming attack to fail, attacking the target's mind before the hit could land if they dare make contact.
Possible Competitive Role: Field of Vision under Trick Room allows you to null an incoming contact move and strike back hard.
Since this was a free slate, we won't use ranked votes, you just have to say which are the subs that you want to pass; the subs that receive most votes will be added to our meta. So, for once, order doesn't count and you can cast any number of preferences you want. Self votes are allowed, but you have to include a vote for another user's sub for each of them.
Voting Phase will last until 5th December.

Last edited:
Decent slates all, these ones stuck out the most for me.
KirbyRider1337 - Paras-Brazdo line
Yoshiblaze - Oricorio-Brazdo
Yoshiblaze - Silicyon line
Dilasc - Tadpeol line
Emergence - Sawsbuck-Brazdo line
Emergence - Florapago line

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)