Genesect

Since most Ubers Sp.Def is higher than their Defense, he will mostly get Attack boosts, which means he'll have to rely on Bug Opposistion and X-Scissor.. His Special Movepool is really large though, and if you manage to get a special variant in on Groudon you're set.

His 99 Base Speed is a huge let down though. Getting outspeed by Manaphy, Palkia, Lati@s, etc. really isn't cool. He's also really frail.
What? 75/95/95 Bug/Steel (aka, a lot of nice resists) and you think it's frail? Really? o_O

Genosect is one of the few Pokemon that can revenge kill both Swords Dance and Dragon Dance Rayquaza, like Scarf Jirachi. Except Genosect can actually hurt stuff. Unfortunately, it's slower than Salamence....I have this set in mind

Genosect @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Download
EVs: TBD
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Explosion

It's a shame that Genosect has nothing to hit Reshiram super effectively with :(

(Genosect <3)
That set looks nice, and considering that Politoed has Drizzle now, too. He can run Thunder outside of whatever prospective uber metagame shapes up. And, there's all those other dragons like Salamence, Dragonite, etc., that will suffer to this set too.

This thing is seriously cool. Wicked design, I can't wait to hear the mythology behind it's creation (Ancient insect modified by Team Plasma. Now wields giant laser cannon ready to fuck your shit up? hellyeah).

This is one Steel/Bug Heatran wants to be a bit weary about switching directly into. Though the above set is walled by Magnezone D: . He really wanted a Ground-type cartridge, but oh well. Such a big ass special movepool, there's something there are he can nail Maggy with.

This bug is super cool, but without a ground move, what's he gonna do when Chandelier switches in? Techno Buster [Water]?

And does he remind anyone else of Megatron?

I'm gonna say Uber or some gay Ou/Uber thing because paired with heat ran he basically starts screaming u can't hit SE. Roc polish boosts it's lowest stat to great levels meqing you could do 252 attack 252 sp. ATt adamant after rock polish to just pwn while something is locked into outrage.

Scarf Shadow Tag Shanderaa will be a huge thorn in his side, pretty much coming in lightly on Bug Buzz with a 4x resistance and easily trapping and OHKOing. The water attack might be useful after all.

Genosekuto @ Aqua Cassette
Ability: Download
EVs 252 Special Attack 184 Speed 74 HP
Nature: Modest

Techno Buster (water)
Thunder / Thunder Bolt
Bug Buzz / Ice Beam
Rock Polish

This set would be meant for a Rain team. Rain makes you a lot less weak to Fire type attacks, and also gives you a now 153 power water attack to hit fire types with provided it's raining, and the casettes give the same 20% boost that arceus' plates gave. 184 speed EVs should result in 280 speed, enough to beat choice scarf base 120s (you can obviously add more speed EVs if you wish to beat base 125s like Scarf Darkrai in Ubers so you can OHKO with bug buzz, but thats almost certainly enough for OU. 252 went into spatk for power, and the remainder went into HP to help survive stealth rocks and weak hits and what not.

So, according to Serebii...

http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-bw/649.shtml

...the move it learns at Level 62 is "Simple Beam" and changes the target's ability to Simple.

In Singles? Don't touch this. Nine times out of ten, Simple is a boon to the target.

In Doubles or Triples?

Imagine a speedy Genosect paired with a setup sweeper. Genosect Simple Beams Ononokusu, Ononokusu DDs, next turn things start dying.

The possibilities are endless... Well, if it doesn't do damage, anyway.

Genosekuto, the first Bug-legend ever. Also has a nice 2nd type, Steel.

Anyhow, it has great potential in Ubers, and OU if it's not banned. Greta special movepool, great offensive stats, Explosion, and, most importantly, Download. Download in itself is intriguing on any pokemon, Porygon-Z. I have high hopes for this guy, better not let me down...

This thing is gonna be OU I don't see it being ubers. With all the newly powered threats in the metagame and with it's poor movepool it really doesn't have much going for it. I mean, if your thinking about it's offensive stats think about Azelf with 125 in attack and special attack

I hope he can stay in OU so, I can use him. Its so beastly looking, Its a robotic bug for crying out loud! I loved how GF trolled it with 99 speed. This thing has insane offenses. He can pull of powerful U Turns for scouting and also use powerful special moves at the same time too. He is like the special attacking Scizor!

I just have to mention this as a gimmick option I will use.. Simple beam on shell break cloyster!

But seriously, Scizor and Forretress already have their jobs all wrapped up pretty well, how will this guy fit in when it's a liability to have so many fire-weak pokemon?

Unfortunately, great mixed offensive stats and ability are crippled by Genosect's lack of physical move pool. I came up with this set as a sort of special variant Agilicross set.

Genosect@ Aim Rock
Nature: +Speed/+Special Attack nature
-Nitro Charge
-Bug Buzz
-Thunderbolt/Thunder
-Explosion

Nitro Charge is a replacement for Rock Polish, which lets it switch into any of the other numerous Bug/Steel types (Especially Scizor, but who's popularity is subject to change this coming metagame) around to counter and possibly force a switch. Nitro Charge still gives an ample Speed boost, bringing the mediocre speed to something that can outrun many opposing pokemon. Bug Buzz is a powerful STAB move, and Thunderbolt is a high powered move that gets good coverage when paired with Bug Buzz, and will hit Ground type pokemon that normally would be immune to it, such as Swampert and Gliscor. Explosion pairs well with any speed boost, and Ghost type pokemon can't troll you on the switch-in to absorb it either.

Just an idea.

Given its typing, this thing's movepool puts even Octillery to shame. Bugs and Steels have never been known for huge movepools. I for one am impressed. And the 99 speed really isn't that bad; it puts it in its own speed tier.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
off-topic, but this is apparently his encounter music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFgFoomoI40

The chanting has earned genosect the nickname "dennis". :D

EDIT: though this is also the same music as
Geechis or whatever the plasma leader's name is, and they're most likely chanting his name. I'm still gonna nickname him dennis though :D

This thing is gonna be OU I don't see it being ubers. With all the newly powered threats in the metagame and with it's poor movepool it really doesn't have much going for it. I mean, if your thinking about it's offensive stats think about Azelf with 125 in attack and special attack
Poor movepool?

It is a bug/steel pokemon who gets Ice Beam, Flamethrower, Thunderbolt and stab Bug Buzz. Sure it doesnt have one hell of a physical movepool, but at least it gets Explosion and U-Turn.

Also his attacks are basically base 120 x 1.5 so it's definately the strongest we have seen so far.

something to note is his base speed as well. sure it gets outspeed bij base 100's, but in Ubers the only real threat with base 100 is Palkia.

In return it can outspeed, giratina, groudon, kyogre, rayquaza, dialga, and hit almost all of them with a super effective move

something with a lazer cannon on its head earns automatic approval from me.

And it can fly? Oh my my I'm so gonna get one. Scizor, say hello to my flying alien bug cyborg thingy.

OW MAH GOD ITS A GOD %#$ MOTHER ^$#@$ LAZAH!

Well this thing seems really really cool :D.The 99 speed is kinda lame but hey...Atleast he outspeeds Sazando =P.It has a pretty good movepool as well.And explosion is probably not going to get any use this gen because it looses its Deffence dropping thingie which like makes it scary...Yah kinda sad.Heatran seems to wall this thing to an extent unless it runs the water kasette thingie.And like Jikabu said....RAYQUAZA CHECK YAY =].

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Genosect is a pretty damn good pokemon. I don't quite think it's uber material (it's not insanely strong nor does it have overwhelming bulk; it's merely "good") and it has it's fair share of counters, but this thing is pretty damn awesome in it's own right. Scarf Genosect is an excellent revenge killer. (Seriously the coverage on this thing is insane)

PS: It learns all of the "Beam" moves.

While certainly nothing is set in stone, I think it's safe to say this thing will see use in Ubers. I see a Scarf set working in general. In OU, I see him working kinda like Heatran or Gengar can; focusing primarily on special attacks, and running Explosion to deal with Blissey/other bulkys that may get in its way, opening up a sweep. I don't think it would be overpowered, but definitely a strong contender. And after reading the thread I feel obligated to NN mine Megatron.

Genosekuto
Type: Bug/Steel
Ability: Download
Base Stats: 71/120/95/120/95/99​

This is a very interesting high-tech robot bug thingy. Looks kinda like a walking car with a gun on its back. Now let's see how this sucker is.​

Movepool
Level Up Moves

Lv./Moves

- Techno Buster

- Quick Attack

- Magnet Rise

- Metal Claw

- Screech

7 Fury Cutter

11 Lock-on

18 Nitro Charge

22 Magnet Bomb

29 Slash

33 Metal Sound

40 Signal Beam

44 Tri Attack

51 X-Scissor

55 Bug Buzz

62 Simple Beam

66 Zap Cannon

73 Hyper Beam

77 Selfdestruct​

TM/HM

TM#/Move Name

01 Claw Sharpen

06 Toxic

10 Hidden Power

13 Ice Beam

14 Blizzard

15 Hyper Beam

16 Light Screen

17 Protect

21 Frustration

22 Solarbeam

24 Thunderbolt

25 Thunder

27 Return

29 Psychic

32 Double Team

33 Reflect

35 Flamethrower

40 Aerial Ace

42 Facade

43 Nitro Charge

44 Rest

48 Sing A Round (Troll?)

53 Energy Ball

57 Charge Beam

64 Explosion

65 Shadow Claw

68 Giga Impact

69 Rock Polish

70 Flash

73 Thunder Wave

76 Bug Opposition

81 X-Scissor

87 Swagger

89 U-turn

90 Subsitute

91 Flash Cannon

HM#/Move Name

02 Fly​

The first thing you may notice are excellent typing, good mixed attacking stats, Download, and decent bulk.​

Here are some good and the bad about him:

• Good Typing - Bug/Steel is an excellent type combination and will allow Genosekuto to switch into the many powerful Dragon type attacks that plague Ubers.
  • Excellent Mixed Attacking Stats - 120 in both Attack and Special Attack means that Genosekuto will put a large dent in anything, although his special movepool is superior to his physical movepool.
  • Download - This is one of the things that stood out to me. With a download boost Genosekuto boasts incredible power, dealing an impressive 61.1%-72.1% to Lugia, assuming 252+ and a Download boost.
  • Explosion - A powerful attack that will allow him to take out special walls such as the ever annoying Blissey.
  • Lack of Boosting Moves - This really annoys me about Genosekuto as his only useful boosting move is Rock Polish. No moves that will help him abuse his more useful special movepool.
  • Barren Physical Movepool - The one thing that stops him from being a viable mixed attacker. Really, his only usable moves would probably be U-turn, X-scissor, and lol quick attack.
  • 99 Base Speed - This is just fail. Genosekuto will be outsped by many things because of one little tiny base point.
There are many better choices for what Genosekuto can do, unfortunately. However, I think that Download will be what helps Genosekuto find his niche in Ubers (or OU if he isn't determined "strong" enough)​

One thing i think is weird on Smogon people
you forget an important stuff he is going to
be nearly unobtianble cause normaily the
last pokemon on dex is rare as hell
ex:mew,celebi,deoxys,arceus and probablly GENOSEKUTO

And now, discuss!​
BOLD

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Now Scizor has competition!!!

I find this Pokemon very interesting, especially having an ability from the "Cool-Abilities-from-Bad/Mediocre-Pokemon" list.
(Well, Magic Guard is also be getting more famous in this coming 5th Gen. era, as well as Mold Breaker)

Although Scizor has a few things Genosekuto doesn't have, like higher Base Attack, Swords Dance, Technician, and Bullet Punch, to name a few, despite having lower speed (which will be ignored anyway thanks to Bullet Punch and Quick Attack, and the occasional Agility).

Too bad it's an event Poke, which limits the number of times for RNG abusing it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)