ORAS OU GET REKT

Hi smogoners here is Shade and is my first RMT on this Pokemon Community. Several people have told me that they think it's rather cool, so i decided to post it here this team to have a rate. This is a very original stall team. It's a very solid team that works good. In this stall you won't see the typical stall cores like SkarmBliss but more original pokemons! I hope you'll enjoy it! :]

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS:

I started to build this team around this core (M-Latias+Clefable+Chesnaught) because latias can't hit dark type with stored power. So I chose Unaware Clefable to get rid of M-Sableye and other dark pokemon like Hydreigon, and Chesnaught that can deal with Bisharp and Tyranitar. So Gardevoir was a threath and I added Bronzong to my team, which is useful to lolcheck Pinsir too. Then I need a spinner and a Gengar check, so I decided to go for Tentacruel. And the last one is Defensive Arcanine, that can check Metagross and wisp it.

But my team was still weak to Crawdaunt, Talonflame and Pinsir too. So I changed latias' set. It is weird but it works pretty well. I also changed Chesnaught for Skarmory to check Pinsir and Metagross and Bronzong for Jirachi to hax(lol) and stop cmind Clefable which was a threath.
Then I prefered Manaphy to check Heatran better and Talonflame too and then Victini>Arcanine because I couldn't hit Jellicent and it checks Metagross with no Earthquake. Victini is a good stallbreaker too.

Yesterday, I saw that the team was really weak to Gengar, so I decided to try Suicune over Manaphy whit a spread that has a chance of 42% to 3HKO whit Shadow Ball and LO.

TEAM IN DEPTH

SINGLE MEMBERS

Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Roost
- Reflect Type
- Dragon Pulse

This seems like a weird set at first glance, but it is a very effective one! This Mega Latias spread is used as a glue on stall teams because of its ability to beat common problematic pokemon for stall such as Landorus-I. Whirlpool allows Latias to lure and trap more problematic stuff such as Crawdaunt and Heatran, and reflect type copies their typing and fucks them over as they are now trapped and they can't beat Latias while their health slowly dwindles due to Whirlpool's residual damage. Roost is for recovering and DPulse is for killing your target faster :] Really fun mon to use and is extremely rewarding when it works according to plan and takes out usually the opponent's only way of beating or denting stall. Latias should be paired with a Toxic Spikes user so that non steels/poisons have their health chipped even faster, and lets Latias deal with even more common stallbreakers such as SubCM Keldeo with no fear. I guess Latias differenciates itself from mega sableye/altaria because it lets you deal with a lot more common stallbreakers bar MGardevoir (but eh you can just run a jirachi and solve that problem). v cool mon to use, try this out :]
(Thanks to DracoNinja for the set and the description)

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

I chose clefable to deal with sableye that is a big threat for all stalls team. This spread makes Clefable 2HKO by Bisharp. It's also an amazing support for the all team because Heal Bell heals status and it can pass the wish recovery to the other members. Protect to have a safe recovery with Wish. Nothing to add, it's a common set.

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Common set and spred of Skarmory that is my physical wall and my check to Metagross and Pinsir. It has to defog the eh and then shuffling the boosters. Roost to recover (obv) and I prefered Counter to hit physical threaths to take these down more easily.

Jirachi @ Shed Shell
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Jirachi is my setter, I prefered Body Slam>Thunder Wave to paralyze Ground Type Pokemons, in particular Landorus-T, and Iron Head to flinch hard my opponent. But it's a good Gardevoir counter too, and it helps me to defeat CM Clefable which is a huge threath to me. Shed Shell, because there are a lot of Magnezone/Megneton.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Common set of Suicune with Scald, Rest, Sleep Talk and Calm Mind. It checks well Talonflame but especially Gengar that, after this change, it strikes the entire team. I decided to use this spred with an investment of Evs in SDef to have a chance of 42% to be 3HKO'd by Shadow Ball LO Gengar :]

252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Suicune: 138-164 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- 42.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Suicune: 106-126 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- 9.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 68 Def / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

This spread is designed to outspeed Adamant Excadrill, the 32 Evs in Atk make 2HKO to Jellicent with Bolt Strike. HP and Def Evs to give more bulkyness to Victini. This is also my stallbreaker because with Taunt and V-Create takes down all :]. Will-O-Wisp for Metagross. A very very good Pokemon :]

32+ Atk Victini Bolt Strike vs. 248 HP / 172+ Def Jellicent: 208-246 (51.6 - 61%) -- 94.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Thanks to Will of Fire for the descriptions and the English lol.

ETT:
Latias (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 92 Spe
Bold Nature
- Whirlpool
- Roost
- Reflect Type
- Dragon Pulse

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 16 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Counter
- Defog
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Jirachi @ Shed Shell
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Wish
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

Victini @ Leftovers
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 68 Def / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Last edited:
Hey.

Well, I guess that's a rly strange team, as you use uncommon mon like Victini and as well gimmick set like Whirlpool Latias. I think that you have done an okay job at covering all the offensive threat of the tier, in fact you should have no problem against Pinsir, Thundurus, Azumarill, Lopunny and Altaria to make some examples. Maybe you struggle a bit against Metagross if it carries EQ + Hammer Arm, but I guess that no one in the world would run that, so you are fine to go with your Victini and Skarmory. Victini can check pretty well Metagross if it doesn't carry EQ, and Skarmory fullstop it if Metagross hasn't Hammer Arm. Ah, I forgot to say that Greninja can beat your team alone if Manaphy is weakened, but it will be probably banned in days so that doesn't matter much I guess, and there aren't ways to fix that huge weakness without changing too much in your team anyways. However, while you should go p well against offense (bar if you meet that stupid Metagross set, or if for any reason Greninja will not be banned), I think that you struggle too much against Stall and bulkier buildings in general. In particular, both CM Mega Sableye and CM Mega Slowbro just 6-0 you if they manage to PP stall your Clefable's Wish. While you say that Wish Clefable is your answer to Sableye, it actually loses to CM variants, which are the major part of Sableyes. If your opponent has CM Slowbro or CM Sableye that means it's running a Stall team or a balanced one at least, so it won't be too much a problem for your opponent to wait until Clefable has no Wish and then he can sweep your whole team with Slowbro or Sableye. To fix that, you can make your Clefable CM (even if CM Unaware kinda sucks, but hey MasterClass used it in XY so I guess it isn't super bad at least) and use a set of Wish / Stealth Rock / Iron Head / Body Slam on your Jirachi. Not having Protect on it kinda sucks as well, but you had ever a recovey move on it, so I guess it can work out. I guess that with this fast changes you can actually wins against both CM Slowbro and CM Sableye more easily, and you also have a much more solid win condition in general. Hope I helped, good luck with your team boy.

Hey biatch, nice team. After testing I think your team is amazing, the set on Latias is so good taking out treaths or annoying pokemon to stall it is fun and the Victini not only helping to tank hits but attacking with the V-Create is sooo strong but here am gonna talk about in my opinion the pokemon which not only OHKOs or 2HKOs your entire team but also outspeed everyone which is Gengar like am gonna show in these calcs:
-252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Mega Latias: 242-283 (66.6 - 77.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
-252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 16 SpD Clefable: 437-515 (110.9 - 130.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
-252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Skarmory: 227-269 (67.9 - 80.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 232+ SpD Jirachi: 307-367 (75.9 - 90.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Sludge Wave vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Manaphy: 203-239 (50.2 - 59.1%) -- 76.6% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
-252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Victini: 343-406 (85.1 - 100.7%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO
Of course if you get at +1 with Manaphy you can kill it back or wall it but if you dont these thing is such a treath it is kind of absurd specially if he gets Stealth Rocks and sadly there arent alot of ways you can deal with this thing but the only one I see you can do without changing ALOT your team would be the 240 +Sp Def nature Skarmory which only has a chance of 18% of getting 2HKOd by Life Orb Gengar´s Shadow Ball.
Diggersby is a treath too but easier to deal thanks to Latias but dont get a free switch in but you can outspeed it with most of your team so yeah.
Good team man.

Aaron Pinkman: Yes, I know that Gengar strikes the entire team. I saw that yesterday so I decided to try this Suicune over Manaphy to have a safe switch in on Gengar and not be 3HKO'd by it.

Suicune @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind

252 SpA Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Suicune: 106-126 (26.2 - 31.1%) -- 9.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Gengar Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 100 SpD Suicune: 138-164 (34.1 - 40.5%) -- 42.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Alexander. : Ty for the rate. M-Sableye with Calm Mind can be killed by Unawere Clefable easy I think, M-Slowbro, yes, if it boost its stats, can be a very important problem for the team. If I use CM Unaware Clefable, I'll lose my beller that is important I think. I'll try your changes on my team :)

Last edited:
You can always try something like CM / Moonlight / Heal Bell / Moonblast. It's probably weird but it can work, I guess.

Also the problem with Sableye is that if your opponent manages somewhat to PP stall your Clefable, it beats you alone. Sableye is mainly used on Stall teams as you probably know, so yeh on the long run you are always losing to opposing Stall teams which use it.

However, about the Gengar weakness, I don't think Suicune can deal much against it as Taunt Life Orb, which is the most dangerous set for Stall teams still break you. I guess that since max HP / max defense+ Suicune already deals p well against any Gengar without Life Orb, you can use the standard EV spread on it. I mean, it's helpful to tank better Special Attackers and stuff, but you still lose to Taunt Gengar which is the mon you are using that EV spread as you said so maybe that would be better if you use the standard Crocune EV spread, which I guess it's better in most cases than yours, and just accept Life Orb Taunt Gengar as you weakness as you can't stop it even with that EV spread on Suicune).

If you really hate Gengar, I guess that you can even try a more SDef oriented EV spread, but you are losing too much Physically defense so yeh i guess that it isn't worthy.

Last edited:
Alexander. : I'm testing the team with your fixes and it works lovely :]
Another problem for the team is Beedrill+Magnezone/Magneton I think, even if I haven't found this core yet.

Pent

dumb broad
Lmoa Get Rekt on a Stall Team.

I like the Latias set, you were really creative with it!

Well, since you bumped this, I'll give it a rate.

Magnezone has been falling out of Use for a while now, that's why you see Ferro and Skarmory with their Typical Leftovers/Rocky Helmet, so. I would change Shed Shell on Jirachi to Leftovers so you can get some much needed recovery, other than wish and protect. Also, if you really need that Paralyzation, just use T-Wave, if not, use Zen Headbutt.

Your team is rather weak to Fire Types, so I would run a Heatran, he absorbs the burns and can burn opposing foes. If you're truly worried about Megagross, run Air Balloon so you don't get hit by EQ, and kill with Lava Plume.

Heatran @ Leftovers/Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
IVs: 0 Atk
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic/Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt/Protect
- Roar

Maybe try running Draco on Latias for a bit more offense, but that's your decision.

Nice team, and hope it helps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)