Ghosting Tournament V - Signups

z0mOG

is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 26 Championis a defending SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
DPL Champion
Previously won by The Thlee Busketeers (Tom Bus, Mob Barley, ADVANTAGE)

Welcome to the first SMOU ghosting tournament! The rules will be changing from the last few editions of this tournament, so PLEASE read the rules very carefully (especially the bold parts.)

Tournament-specific Rules

-No Disallow Specs - for easy ghosting and scouting
-No Battle Timeout (Ask a Mod to turn off Timer on smogtours) - this allows you time to discuss strategy during the battle, but if you timestall your opponent on purpose, with no evidence to the contrary, I reserve the right to disqualify your team. This rule drags the battles out by a lot, so make sure you have enough time when scheduling.
-5 members maximum are allowed per team, and 3 members minimum are allowed per team. It is advised to only form teams within the same or similar timezones to avoid scheduling issues, though not a rule.
You may sign up as a team with all five members confirming or alone as a free agent to be picked up by someone.
-Whoever posts the team roster will be the team captain. Captains will be in charge of organizing team members, providing the opposing captain with available times, and making sure the team gets the battle done in a timely manner. There is no need to "confirm" you are on a team you are signed up for, and it just clutters the thread. If you are on a team you shouldn't be on, PM me on discord z0mog#3486.
-If you do not have a team of 5, feel free to sign up as a free agent and I will assign you to a team of other free agents. If you sign up as a free agent, you must put 'free agent' in your signup post. This makes it much easier for me to sort through the signups and make F/A teams.
-Because of the ghosting element, who is actually battling for the team each round makes little difference, just make sure the battle gets done.
-There's nothing to stop you taking the advice of people not on your team, but remember that they may not always have your best interest at heart, and spies and backstabbers are everywhere...
Single Elimination
You must post logs of your battle and your ghosting in the thread of the respective round. Ghosting in call is also allowed as long as someone records it and uploads it (ideally youtube). (You will notice that the ghosting logs are by far the best part of this tournament, so it'd be a shame for them not to be available to everyone) Failure to not post logs of ghosting will result in a coinflip. Losers do not need to post logs, but it would be great if you did as they are always fun to read.
You shall make your team name known to me through the sign up post, otherwise I will pick one for you.

Unless you are really struggling to get everyone together, a minimum of three people per team must battle. Ghosting tour needs actual ghosting.
Series will be Best of 1. Anyone on a team may complete the battle.

So other than all that above...
  • General tournament rules and regulations, which can be found here.
  • Standard SM OU rules.
  • Tournament will be single elimination.
Signups will close at 11:59 EST, February 4th.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)