Glasses, Contact Lenses & Eye Surgeries

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Hi everyone, do you'll wear any vision care? I have been wearing glasses thoughout my life. I always wanted implantable contact lenses. If anyone know if you can possibly get a custom color in implanted version of contacts, let me know. Now let me introduce you guys the types of prescription eye care available.

LASIK:

LASIK Procedure Animation In the past two decades, LASIK has become the most popular refractive surgical procedure used to treat nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. Boasting long-term results and a high success rate, millions of patients have chosen to undergo LASIK for their vision correction needs.

The procedure involves the creation of a hinged corneal flap; when the flap is opened, an excimer laser is directed at the underlying cornea. The excimer laser reshapes the cornea so light properly reflects of the retina and produces clear vision in those who undergo the LASIK procedure. The flap is then closed and will heal on its own.

PRK:

The PRK procedure is similar to LASIK; both procedures treat blurry vision that is caused by nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. PRK is performed on patients that are not suitable candidates for LASIK because their corneas are too thin. The difference between the LASIK and PRK procedure is the way that the inner cornea is exposed.

In LASIK, a microkeratome or laser is used to create a corneal flap. In PRK, the epithelium is completely removed; after the laser sculpts the cornea, special contact lenses are placed in the eyes to promote regrowth of the epithelium.

ICL:

Implantable contact lenses, or permanent contact lenses, can treat the same conditions as LASIK. However, unlike LASIK, the ICL procedure is reversible. Further, ICLs treat a wider range of patients than LASIK; those that have thin corneas, corneal damage, or a high degree of myopia (nearsightedness) or hyperopia (farsightedness) may not be good candidates for LASIK but can undergo the ICL procedure.

During ICL surgery, the surgeon creates an incision in the cornea. The permanent contact lens is then placed in front of the natural lens of the eye. The procedure is performed under local anesthetic and only takes about 30 minutes for the surgeon to perform.

Cataract surgery:

Unfortunately, as we age, the crystalline lens of the eye becomes increasingly clouded due to the development of a cataract. During cataract surgery, the clouded lens can be removed and replaced with a monofocal or multifocal intraocular lens. Cataract surgery and the placement of an intraocular lens can provide cataract patients with clear vision at any age.

The entire cataract surgery procedure is typically performed on an outpatient basis and only takes about 15 minutes. Those that undergo treatment with a multifocal IOL can expect to have clear vision at all distances, greatly reducing patients' dependency on glasses.

If this topic survives within 7 days, I will add the egilibity for each condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)