Good Bye UU Community

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please lock this thread staff
Hello UUers. For a few months now I have been contemplating my departure and I am finally putting it into effect. The honest truth is that I don't know how to manage my school, work, and free time when Pokemon is in the mix. This is a flaw on my part. I do not have the will power nor the correct resources to play Pokemon as much as I do and/or at all. You guys have got to understand that I use to be so much more than DaSpoofy. I have put so much time into this community; time that could have been spent on less selfish things. One may argue that I would just be spending the time I am not doing Pokemon on something just as stupid. This is not the case. If you know who I am, you would know that I do everything for a reason. I don't play Pokemon because I'm having fun, although I do have fun playing it. I play Pokemon because I wanted to prove to myself that if I work hard at something, I can conquer it. I wanted to beat the best and be the best. This dream is unrealistic and even kind of pointless. If I want to prove myself, why don't I do it in school or my work place? Why can't I do it on the streets and help others in need? Why does my goal have to be so selfish? I should be researching ways to help my community, my church, my family. I can imagine a world where I am living right and playing a Pokemon match in the evening, but that vision cannot be for the now. I need time and sleep... damn I need sleep. UU has been a nagging wife for me. I do things for her because I love her but I don't want to do these things any longer. Likes, badges, tournaments, arguments are all pointless. This is Pokemon. This is not a philosophy class or an ACT test. This is all just a game. I can't spend this much time on something that will not help out my future in the slightest. I'm not trying to discourage you guys from playing. I am just trying to make you understand why I have to leave. I may come back when I have a balanced life, but a balanced life may mean that I can't play Pokemon.

I would have left earlier if it wasn't for the great community. I can't begin to thank you guys enough for your support and your friendship. I do have a few dying wishes if the staff will respect them. Make Euphonos a driver please. I'm not kidding when he is one of the greatest minds in Pokemon right now. I would also like Shiba nominated for CC for obvious reasons.

Best Person in UU: NV
Best Battler in UU: Christo The Gr8
Best Contributor: dodmen
The person I will miss the most: LeoLancaster

Here is my ULT qualifying team: Dying Wish

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 232 HP / 252 Atk / 24 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head
- Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Giga Drain

Mandibuzz (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 252 HP / 200 SpD / 56 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Defog

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Azelf @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Flamethrower
- Energy Ball
- Stealth Rock

Machamp @ Choice Band
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat

This team is funny with three pokemon having dual stab. I won 30+ games in a row to qualify. I hope you guys can enjoy it while I am gone. If I do come back, you won't recognize me. I won't be DaSpoofy. There is too much expected for DaSpoofy. I will probably resort to one thing whether that will be team rating, analysis, or tournament making. I wish you guys the best. Good luck and have fun.

Shadestep

volition immanent
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
goodbye friend, good luck with school and whatever your new part-time hobby will become!

your positivity and cute nephew will be missed :[

Reactions: nv

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus

Never will I ever forget you and just so you know, this post made me cry like the sap that I am. Thank you for all you have done for UU and I am so sad to see you go. You don't know how much this hurts me and the rest of the CommUUnity to see such a great and wonderful person such as yourself leave. I am feeling all the feels right now and I will one day hope that if you come back to us, even if you aren't DaSpoofy then, you will come back a stronger and more resilient person. Sad to see you go my friend, but may life treat you well and may you get what you want out of your life.

:((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

Last edited:
Sad to see you go DaSpoofy. You're an awesome set-creator and poster. I must say that I am facing similar struggles balancing Pokemon, school, time and sleep, but I haven't had the willpower to quit yet. Good luck with your irl endeavors man.

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
y'know... it's amazing how much potential you have. I remember when you started out with a poor reputation, and now you're one of my favorite contributors and friends, with a badge, auth, and climbing competitive success. I hope you can take that potential to whatever to plan to do next, and be even more successful with that. I'm always available on skype if you want to talk :)

I'll miss ya man. :( So long and thanks for all the Stunfisk.

Reactions: nv
i dont really know you directly, but its quite showing from this thread alone that you're a cool person who'll be missed. goodluck in your life man, hope you'll still drop by for the people...

Can I have your driver?

I'll miss you Spoof. Now the only person I have to correct commands for is Teal. Also I totally support your request for Euphonos, dunno why it hadn't happend before tbh.

ManOfMany

I can make anything real
is a Tiering Contributor
This is really surprising, I always viewed you as the most passionate of pokemon players and would never expect this message from you out of all people

:( You will be missed, although I'm sure you'll come back soon enough

Manipulative

Camila <3
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Totally understand your reasoning. I wish you the best in fixing up your life and getting to where you want to be. See you later, man!

dang man sad too see ya go. haven't really been around long enough to get to know you that much but the whole commUUnity along with myself, will miss you
don't think anyone expected you to go this way, you always seemed like you were really having fun and passionate about it. Hope you get it all sorted out, hope to see you back someday and good luck! :]

DrReuniclus

Smogon's full of bullies.
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Good job copying me by saying someone else should get your driver in your goodbye post haha. From one person who has quit before to another, I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors and I know how serious real life gets and chances are I'll see you back here in a few months when you get bored because you can never leave pokemon. I promise. I'll miss you fam!

cya man, back when i actually played this game it was fun getting to know you and seeing your true passion for this game, wish you luck in the future :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)