Good thread

Here is some thread.

1626931849473.png

Look at how neatly all of this thread is rolled up. The thickness of the rolls is almost identical across each one, making for a polished presentation. Furthermore, there's barely any strings of thread lying around outside of each roll. It's all rolled together, and any little bits of thread that have separated from the tight roll don't detract too much from the presentation. After all, without that little bit of thread to pull on, you wouldn't be able to use the thread at all.

My one gripe with all of this thread is how it's arranged; there's no rhyme or reason to it. Red is next to mauve which is next to green. This doesn't really make much sense in terms of the colour wheel. It's not one of those things that gets worse the more you look at it, though; it was only off-putting at first glance.

What are your thoughts on this thread? Have I missed anything in my admittedly brief writing of how I feel about it?

I realise this is a double post in my own thread, an act which I abhor, but I found something too interesting not to post here.

Behold: the thread-tentacled jellyfish.
1627099837427.png

(http://www.wildsingapore.com/wildfacts/cnidaria/others/hydrozoa/thread.htm)

As you can see from this image, the tentacles of this jellyfish bear a striking resemblance to thread in terms of their thinness and how they hang from its body like loose strings of thread. It is therefore not surprising that it is called the thread-tentacled jellyfish.

It seems that the nomenclature for this jellyfish varies across sources, as Wikipedia's article about Aequorea jellyfish does not list a common name. However, I think it is safe to say that "thread-tentacled jellyfish" is in at least some parlance given the existence of this page and the approval given to it in the last section.

As an aside, I am aware that Smogoff has a thread devoted to jellyfish already. I thought for a little while about whether I should post about the thread-tentacled jellyfish in my thread about thread or in the thread about jellyfish. Given the overlap, however, I figured it did not matter: a jellyfish which has tentacles that resemble thread could fit in either one. Thus, I chose to post about it in my thread about thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)