Gothitelle

Isn't psycho-shock potentially better on that set given that you also lower their defense with tickle?
I'd assume he meant Psycho Shock.

However, Psychic+Fake Tears could definitely prove horrifying. No where to run, dead.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
How so? What set are you using and what problems are you having? I'm having a really easy time forcing specially based walls and sweepers weak my moves to stay where they are and die. And when you can do this at least twice every match, it's really hard not to take advantage of unless you have very poor team synergy that makes you easy to be swept by something. The "one free kill per match" argument from last gen probably won't hold as much water in the heavily offensive Gen 5, but "two freekills per match guaranteed" puts your opponent at a major disadvantage right from the start.

Also, the set I used is just an example that proved beneficial for my team. You can use something completely different like a specs set and still have Gochiruzeru do her job.

I'm going to test out another theory of mine in a little bit and post the results. Once I get some clear data to support my theses, I'll bring it here and you people just how much of a beast this thing really is.

I can see it being very good in UU or BL with its movepool and shadow tag.

Remeber how people often questioned milotic's tier due to it's defencive bulk, it will bevery similar: some will say UU or NU and Some will say BL.

Even with shadow tag, it is just a Inferior Wobbufett.

Offensive: Shanderaa
Defencive: Wobbafett
Support moves and boosting stats: This pokemon

People are saying it will be broken, guess what: it is 2HO'ed by shanderaa and it can not do a thing to shanderaa to 2HKO

dual screener sounds like the set id like to run

as a fun gimmick, pass truant onto an enemy with aianto and swap into a shadow tagger with protect, not overly effective since they would usually swap out straight away, and would definitely not work twice against the same person
very gimmicky, but fun nonetheless

How so? What set are you using and what problems are you having? I'm having a really easy time forcing specially based walls and sweepers weak my moves to stay where they are and die. And when you can do this at least twice every match, it's really hard not to take advantage of unless you have very poor team synergy that makes you easy to be swept by something. The "one free kill per match" argument from last gen probably won't hold as much water in the heavily offensive Gen 5, but "two freekills per match guaranteed" puts your opponent at a major disadvantage right from the start.

Also, the set I used is just an example that proved beneficial for my team. You can use something completely different like a specs set and still have Gochiruzeru do her job.

I'm going to test out another theory of mine in a little bit and post the results. Once I get some clear data to support my theses, I'll bring it here and you people just how much of a beast this thing really is.
Torment/Taunt/Protect/Psycho Shock.
It's served me fairly well, but I just haven't found a good place for her on my team in this highly offensive meta. Her defenses are good, but she just isn't take hits as well as I hoped. I think the main problem is lack of recovery.

Torment/Taunt/Protect/Psycho Shock.
It's served me fairly well, but I just haven't found a good place for her on my team in this highly offensive meta. Her defenses are good, but she just isn't take hits as well as I hoped. I think the main problem is lack of recovery.
Maybe run with Wish support? since it got some useful upgrades this gen.
Anyhow, the tickle/psycho shock/taunt/ filler set paired with a stronger pursuiter looks like the most promising way to go right now.

Items: Light Clay
-Magic Coat
-Reflect/Light Screen/Psychic/Psycho Shock
-Reflect/Light Screen/Psychic/Psycho Shock
-Torment
Ability:Frisk

Yes it sucks but can be used for scouting ( i guess) It's Similar to a stantler set... i saw (still analyzing shadow tag)

Well, if they DID give her one, people would instantly call her broken.
Well, then here's hoping to Gothtower getting Recover in Game 3.

Unlikely, but hey, the idea of a debuffing Shadow Tagger is enticing. Funny how (bar legendaries and Lucario) the more advertised a Pokémon is, the less in-game effectiveness Gamefreak gives it.

And maybe just to troll, GF will give her a recovery move in the form of Moonlight. You know, because she's the Celestial Body Pokémon and reads the stars and stuff.

Gothi could work as a viable set up sweeper? With her Bulk, Shadow Tag and Trick Room, I see a (admittedly Gimicky) powerful TR Sweeper set for her.

Gochiruzeru @ Leftovers
0 SPE IVs
Shadow Tag
Relaxed
252 HP 118 DEF 140 SP.ATK

Calm Mind
Trick Room
Psychic/Psycho Shook
Thunderbolt/Energy Ball/Dark Pulse

Requiring a bit of Prediction, but switching Gothi into something that cant hurt her (Defensive Pokemon without Toxic are good). Shadow Tag stops them grabbing a counter, while you get +6+6 in Special stats. Once your done, Trick Room to go full Speed, sweep with STAB Psychic/Psycho Shook and your Coverage Move.

Running Calcs against Blissey, the given EVs will do between 56.9-66.9% with Psychic, which isn't preferable, but you can Trick Room to Outspeed and 2HKO if needed. I'm not sure how Psycho Shook is calculated, unfortuneatly, so I cant run the calcs on that >.>

SJCrew

Found our culprit.

Gochiruzeru @ Choice Specs
Relaxed 40 HP/252 Sp. Att/216 Speed
Ability: Shadow Tag

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
HP Fire

If your sweeper is having trouble with a certain wall, Roopushin, Breloom or anything you know you can KO before it KOs you, just put this on your team. You can also use this to checkmate Ttar, Toed, and Hippow early to keep your weather of choice up. From there, it's just your job to abuse the advantage.

I'm probably the only one using this since everyone's wanking over Shandera right now, unfortunately. Key differences between these two include bulk, typing, and the ability to both switch in on and beat bulky Water types, Ground types, and Fighting types consistently and reliably.

I really do find this a more reliable and solid trapper overall than Shandera, though Shandera has the incredible firepower going for it that simply cannot be ignored.

Does Gochiruzeru has the ability to abuse Shadow Tag well ? It has good defense 70/95/110. and reasonable sp.at at 95. maybe outclassed by Rankurusu or Shanderaa, but sure can we work things around ?

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Found our culprit.

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
HP Fire

If your sweeper is having trouble with a certain wall, Roopushin, Breloom or anything you know you can KO before it KOs you, just put this on your team. You can also use this to checkmate Ttar, Toed, and Hippow early to keep your weather of choice up. From there, it's just your job to abuse the advantage.

I'm probably the only one using this since everyone's wanking over Shandera right now, unfortunately. Key differences between these two include bulk, typing, and the ability to both switch in on and beat bulky Water types, Ground types, and Fighting types consistently and reliably.

I really do find this a more reliable and solid trapper overall than Shandera, though Shandera has the incredible firepower going for it that simply cannot be ignored.
Wait a minute, what nature are you really using? Even though it says Relaxed, that doesn't make sense considering you're putting a crapload of Speed EVs into it.

breh

強いだね
Found our culprit.

Psychic
Thunderbolt
Grass Knot
HP Fire

Er.. is there any particular reason for running this to counter breloom when breloom outspeeds? Not questioning its ability to counter the others, but frankly it's not a good breloom counter.

@Bologo I presume timid, as I think that outspeeds adamant breloom with the give evs.

SJCrew

Rofl, Relaxed. Timid, of course.

I realize that more Breloom are running Jolly now, which kind of makes it harder to justify the speed. Matter of fact, that's really the only reason I ran so much speed to begin with. An alternate spread if you're not really that worried about Breloom is 252 HP/252 Sp. Att Modest. Maybe take a few off of Sp. Att to make sure you outpace most Skarmory.

Couldn't its pre-evo with the pre-evo stone run alot of these sets but do it better due to its much higher bulk.

With maxed out defenses its defensive stats look like

:+defense nature

262/393/405

:+ sp.def nature

262/358/442

wondering if this is worth the lost leftovers recovery.

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
This will be useful on sandstorm teams, as it can trap Politoed and fry it with Specs Thunderbolt. Politoed may have to start wearing shed shell because of these guys.

I'm wondering the same thing. From what I've read and asked around, Gochi's just missing out on a reliable recovery move. Still, I think that it could be effective (and very frustrating to fight against).

Potential Sets

Sadistic Debuffer
Gochiruzeru @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
~ Tickle / Charm / Captivate / Fake Tears
~ Calm Mind
~ Rest / Torment
~ Psychic / Psycho Shock

Well, she can pull the same kind of trick Wobbuffet does by tickling the opponent until it's too weak to do anything and then bring in a Pursuiter to finish it off. While the opponent is a sitting duck, you can take advantage and CM up, then finish it off when you hit +6. Rest is there as it's the only recovery move Gochiruzeru gets, and might be needed while she's setting up. Torment is there just to further annoy the enemy or potentially cripple it if it doesn't have another SE move to use against Gochiruzeru. As a last note, Psycho Shock would obviously be the better attack if you're using Tickle.
I assume Fake Tears can work with Psychic.

breh

強いだね
Out of curiosity, why is Rest/CM/HP Fightnig/Psychic a bad option? Unless your opponent has Spiritomb or Psychic Types, you're fine if you switch in on a wall.

How many such opportunities exist, I'm not sure, but it seems viable.

Out of curiosity, why is Rest/CM/HP Fightnig/Psychic a bad option? Unless your opponent has Spiritomb or Psychic Types, you're fine if you switch in on a wall.

How many such opportunities exist, I'm not sure, but it seems viable.
Sableye is a lot more common now,and Rankurusu will wall you to hell.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)