Grand Slam VII - Introduction

Hi, I´m very new to this and have a question about two terms:
single elimination: as soon as I lose a best-of-three, I´m out, is that correct?
best-of-three: first player to win two games wins best-of-three, correct? Do I have to use the same team or can I use 3 (2) different teams in one best-of-three?

pasy_g

Banned deucer.
Hi, I´m very new to this and have a question about two terms:
single elimination: as soon as I lose a best-of-three, I´m out, is that correct?
best-of-three: first player to win two games wins best-of-three, correct? Do I have to use the same team or can I use 3 (2) different teams in one best-of-three?

Yes and yes and you can use up to 3 different teams if you want.

As a precision, if you lose a bo3 (best-of-3), you're out of the Open you played, you aren't out of the tournament. So if you lose in UU, you can still play NU or whatever Open you joined.

Perry

slayer
is a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I feel bad from these fellas because they said that it's gonna be their first grand slam, but they never participated in the tour, although 2 people did join a tour, they just got an activity loss :blobpensive:
I think that the hosts (including myself here) could have taken more steps to try to educate those new users on how to actually schedule and then play their matches - most of the coinflips and 5 of the act losses (afaik, can't reember the exact number) in Ubers Open happened because they just did not know how to proceed after joining the tournament - maybe linking the official tour guidelines or maybe writing a short thing with tips could have helped but meh. It's certainly a thing to look out for future editions of OST, Classic and Slam though.

I think that the hosts (including myself here) could have taken more steps to try to educate those new users on how to actually schedule and then play their matches - most of the coinflips and 5 of the act losses (afaik, can't reember the exact number) in Ubers Open happened because they just did not know how to proceed after joining the tournament - maybe linking the official tour guidelines or maybe writing a short thing with tips could have helped but meh. It's certainly a thing to look out for future editions of OST, Classic and Slam though.
I think that's what the TD's could focus on tbh.

nah. just let me substitute for all their places, so i can have a better chance of winning.

Perry, I can tell you what I usually do when I host a tour. I know, first round of a Grand Slam tour is full of players and match. So it's an hard work to do. However I let it go few days, then for all games not played, I write a message to both players concerned, indicating who is and how they can contact their opponent.

teal6

is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SCL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I made this video which was used in OST this year for the majority of it, dunno how useful it would be but the other TDs included it in the OP:

Jrdn

Not a promise, I'm just gonna call it.
So I lose to a guy who gets banned the next day for ghosting in Ubers open, yet he's in r2? Lit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)