Belly Drum

New Moves -
Stuff Cheeks*
Normal-type

10 PP
Never Misses
The user eats its held berry, then sharply raises its Def

Pros:
- Greedent has many good coverage moves, allowing it to hit many Pokemon for super effective damage.
- Greedent's exclusive move Stuff Cheeks combined with Cheek Pouch lets it boost defense, heal health, and use its held berry all at once.
- Greedent has a decent 95 Attack Stat and access to Belly Drum which, when combined with Cheek Pouch and a healing berry, can get it to full health with a maxed-out Attack stat to sweep under Trick Room.

Cons:
-Greedent's terrible base 20 Speed stat leaves it vulnerable to attacks before it can set up and unable to kill faster powerful attackers without Trick Room support.
- Because Greedent has a weakness to Fighting, Pokemon like Hawlucha and Lucario can one-shot it.
- While it has a good HP stat, Greedent's mediocre 95/75 Defenses make it challenging for it to take many hits without raising its stats first.
- With Ghost, Fighting, Steel, Rock and other types that threaten it, Greedent suffers from 4MSS.

Dynamaxing Potential:
It's best not to Dynamax Greedent. More defensive sets are left with too many Max Guards to be useful and offensively, it usually can't stay alive long enough to make use of its powerful Max moves. In a pinch, it can be used.

Possible Movesets:
Belly Drum + Three Moves
Greedent @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Cheek Pouch
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Def / 12 SpD
Impish Nature
- Belly Drum
- Assurance/Superpower/Psychic Fangs/Gyro Ball
- Psychic Fangs/Assurance/Superpower/Gyro Ball
- Facade/Body Slam

With Belly Drum, Greedent can do enough damage to one-shot many frail Pokemon. Sitrus Berry and Cheek Pouch allow Greedent to fully restore its health, assuming it was not hurt too badly before it set up. Coverage moves can be chosen to fit the team's needs. With Trick Room support, Greedent can actually do serious damage to the opposing teams. Try to carry a Normal-type move for the STAB boost if possible. Body Slam is the more consistent move, but Facade is more useful against stall teams that may try to use status effects. The EVs can be set differently, but this is my personal preference. Pokemon that can set Reflect, Light Screen, and Trick Room make good teammates.

Defensive
Greedent @ Ganlon Berry/Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Stuff Cheeks
- Stockpile
- Assurance/Crunch
- Super Fang/Substitute/Swallow

Greedent's naturally high HP stat and ok Defenses let Greedent tank hits after boosting its stats. Stuff Cheeks boosts Greedent's Defense and restores health once through Cheek Pouch. Ganlon Berry gives a bigger Defense boost while Sitrus Berry restores more HP. Other berries can be used if preferred. Stockpile boosts both Defenses and Swallow can be used for health restoration. Super Fang helps chip down bulkier Pokemon, but Substitute can be used for longevity. With Greedent's bad Speed, Assurance can hit more powerfully but Crunch is more consistent. A different coverage move can be used if needed. With Screens from a teammate, Greedent can tank a few of its enemies' attacks.

Greedent will most likely not be seen much in OU, but he may be a threat in a lower tier. With the right team, Greedent can be useful, but there are other, more easily used options.

*At the time of posting, Stuff Cheeks is not causing Greedent to eat his berry as intended.

TONE

I don't have to take this. I'm going for a walk.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
While Greedent won't be good in higher tiers, I feel one of the main things that was left out on the defensive set would be Body Press.

Greedent @ Sitrus Berry
Impish Nature
- Stuff Cheeks
- Body Slam / Super Fang
- Body Press
- Crunch / Toxic

This was a set I was thinking up for Greedent that can have some merit in lower tiers. It would be a bit better if it had access to Recycle, but at the same time, it can't really abuse Stockpile and Swallow like it wants to since it doesn't have the best bulk overall. This set at the very least can provide some utility while firing off a Body Press to take advantage of the added boost gained from using Stuff Cheeks and do more damage to Rock- and Steel-types.

While Greedent won't be good in higher tiers, I feel one of the main things that was left out on the defensive set would be Body Press.

Greedent @ Sitrus Berry
Impish Nature
- Stuff Cheeks
- Body Slam / Super Fang
- Body Press
- Crunch / Toxic

This was a set I was thinking up for Greedent that can have some merit in lower tiers. It would be a bit better if it had access to Recycle, but at the same time, it can't really abuse Stockpile and Swallow like it wants to since it doesn't have the best bulk overall. This set at the very least can provide some utility while firing off a Body Press to take advantage of the added boost gained from using Stuff Cheeks and do more damage to Rock- and Steel-types.
How does Body Press work? Wouldn't a Ganlon Berry provide an even greater offensive boost to Body Press?

Last edited:

TONE

is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
How does Body press work? Wouldn't a Ganlon Berry provide an even greater offensive boost to Body Press?
Body Press does more damage the higher your defense is. So yes a Ganlon Berry would provide an extra defense boost, but idk if it stacks with Stuff Cheeks yet.

Body Press does more damage the higher your defense is. So yes a Ganlon Berry would provide an extra defense boost, but idk if it stacks with Stuff Cheeks yet.
I haven't tested, but if Stuff Cheeks simply eats the held berry, then I would assume you would get the Defense boost. Unless there is a bug with certain berries, of course.

TONE

I haven't tested, but if Stuff Cheeks simply eats the held berry, then I would assume you would get the Defense boost. Unless there is a bug with certain berries, of course.
I justed tested this in-game and Greedent gets the effect of the Ganlon Berry and it also gets the +2 defense from using Stuff Cheeks, so Greedent will be at +3 defense. It also gets the HP recovery from Cheek Pouch as well.

I'm disappointed that with its unique interaction with berries, it does not get Recycle (Ganlon Recycle with Body Press, anyone?).

That being said, I'm surprised at its actually really neat stats. Its physical bulk is excellent, and actually higher than Skarmory's (albeit without the typing to exploit it), and its special bulk is quite decent.

It's unfortunate it does not get a recovery method that isn't one-use. Otherwise, it could have been a quite reliable mon IMO.

Due to good bulk it might be able to run Belly Drum on a Trick Room team. After Sitrus and its ability activate it will be back at full health even after taking some chip. It only has two remaining turns of Trick Room but it might be able to use its bulk to claim a third KO. Again, due to bulk, it might even be able to dry belly drum without Trick Room in a pinch, as outside STAB Close Combat it seems pretty hard to OHKO.

But that's a lot of hoops to jump through. Definitely low tier for sure.

Due to good bulk it might be able to run Belly Drum on a Trick Room team. After Sitrus and its ability activate it will be back at full health even after taking some chip. It only has two remaining turns of Trick Room but it might be able to use its bulk to claim a third KO. Again, due to bulk, it might even be able to dry belly drum without Trick Room in a pinch, as outside STAB Close Combat it seems pretty hard to OHKO.
Trick Room does sound what this Pokémon was made for.

Greedent @ Sitrus Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
IVs: 0 Spe
Brave Nature
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam / Facade
- Psychic Fangs
- Crunch / Earthquake

I have no idea what to pick apart from the STAB slot as there are multiple interesting options, but none of them too convincing IMO. I picked Psychic Fangs to deal with Fighting-types, and either Crunch or Earthquake for Normal resists.

Given the loss of Return, one can afford to run Facade as the main STAB without worrying too much about losing 10 BP. You also gain the ability to ignore Will-o-Wisps and Scalds.

(This should also work on Doubles, but it would likely be outclassed by Snorlax in that regard)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)