Pokémon Grimmsnarl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone tried the prankster trick eject button combo that sableye has been known to use?

Grimmsnarl uses trick to swap eject button onto a dynamax user/set up sweeper and steal the item for your benefit or deprive them of its benefit with prankster while your second mon attacks forcing them to swap out.

Even if you keep the eject button it gives you a 2nd chance to use fake out as well.

Unsure if sucker punch or darkest lariat works better with this set, if anyone has any insight.

Anyone tried the prankster trick eject button combo that sableye has been known to use?

Grimmsnarl uses trick to swap eject button onto a dynamax user/set up sweeper and steal the item for your benefit or deprive them of its benefit with prankster while your second mon attacks forcing them to swap out.

Even if you keep the eject button it gives you a 2nd chance to use fake out as well.

Unsure if sucker punch or darkest lariat works better with this set, if anyone has any insight.
That really isn't relevant since Dynamaxing has been banned from OU.

Dark Fallen Angel

FIDDLESTICKS IS ALSO GOOD ON MID!
I am yet to read all this thread's posts, so sorry if someone already talked about this and I missed it. I've been trying to create an entire team based around Grimmsnarl, since he is one of my favorite poké now. I got this:

Grimmsnarl @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Happiness: 160
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Bulk Up
- Darkest Lariat
- Spirit Break

A fully specially defensive spread so that I can use this as a check to Dragon and Ghost-types such as Hydreigon and Dragapult, and they are generally special attackers; plus, Bulk Up already buffs his defense, so I find no need to invest in this stat.

This set remembers me so much of the SubCM Jirachi that I used a lot in the BW era. The difference is that Grimmsnarl doesn't have 100 base HP, so he can't create 101 HP substitutes. This means Jellicent can break his substitutes with Night Shade, which is super unfortunate, because this means I have to basically predict what she is going to do when trying to beat her, and even though Grimmsnarl still wins the 1x1, being crippled by Will-O-Wisp leaves him useless for the rest of the match. I wish he had 5 more base HP to avoid this problem.

I was thinking of replacing one of his STABs with Drain Punch, since he has no other form of recovery, but Drain Punch receives no STAB and I fear that missing one of his STABs would make him not work as well as he should. For example, missing Spirit Break means he can no longer counter Dragons and has more issues with strong special attackers (especially those that can break his substitute if they don't have a few Special Attack drops), and missing Darkest Lariat means he no longer counter Ghosts, and he will lose the 1x1 against an enemy Bulk Up Corviknight.

What do you suggest for this set? Also, what would you recommend for partners? I was thinking of Dracovish as a partner, as he can deal with the Steel types that give trouble to Grimmsnarl. Also, I am trying to decide between Aegislash or Jellicent. It is unfortunate there is no Heatran in SWSH, because he would be an excellent partner and he would give tons of things I want for this team.

What do you think of running Tormentran on Grimmsnarl? Probably not as effective since less resistances but hey.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 76 SpD
Impish Nature
- Torment
- Substitute
- Protect
- Darkest Lariat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)