GSC In-Game Tier List Mark V

I'm putting together a pdf with all routes for Pokemon Perfect Crystal and want to add certain spots where top tier pokemon can suitably gain their recommended EVs.

If any of you could give your opinion on this it would be appreciated. Recommended Pokemon for new players to choose will help them progress without having to backtrack or start over with new Pokemon as often.

Is it easy to read? Is there something you think could be added? I will add a legend and denote which routes are most suitable for EV training specific top tier Pokemon.

Legend is:
  • Surf
  • Old Rod
  • Good Rod
  • Super Rod
  • Headbutt
  • Exception - for special encounters or changes from original Crystal which will have a table explaining how.
  • % under the time of day means it is a land encounter
  • Green check means you have to hit a tree.
  • Green Check with a + will means that it is only a rare encounter when hitting a tree.
  • Small Green check with % means that you can find on land and in tree.
  • Blue Check means Surf or Fishing.

View attachment 432168
That's pretty impressive ngl, but unfortunately this thread pertains to base GSC only, not ROM hacks. I'm not sure if there's a different thread where it would be appropriate to post that, but you can certainly try looking or ask a moderator to make your own thread.

That's pretty impressive ngl, but unfortunately this thread pertains to base GSC only, not ROM hacks. I'm not sure if there's a different thread where it would be appropriate to post that, but you can certainly try looking or ask a moderator to make your own thread.
Base stats weren't changed in this romhack though gym leaders were changed a bit. That's something I can figure on my own since I won't be going too in depth. I will probably do the starters and several often used pokemon.

Here is an example of how I was going to make a description for each Pokemon. I'm going to add a table on the left and right side of the stage for user experiences throughout the game. What do you all think?

I will put the most mentioned moves on the left.

On the right will be the stats. A Dark blue star Next to the stat bar means it is in the top 25 for that particular stat. Light blue will be top 50. Purple will be Top 10. I may just do this for the top 50 ranked overall Pokemon. Any help from those who have tested particular Pokemon would be appreciated and I'll put your username on the description.

Pokemon-Perfect-Crystal-Descriptions.jpg

Here is an example of how I was going to make a description for each Pokemon. I'm going to add a table on the left and right side of the stage for user experiences throughout the game. What do you all think?

I will put the most mentioned moves on the left.

On the right will be the stats. A Dark blue star Next to the stat bar means it is in the top 25 for that particular stat. Light blue will be top 50. Purple will be Top 10. I may just do this for the top 50 ranked overall Pokemon. Any help from those who have tested particular Pokemon would be appreciated and I'll put your username on the description.

View attachment 432323
This thread is under my ownership and has its own way of dealing with mons. While appreciate the enthusiasm, I would like you to refrain.

This thread is under my ownership and has its own way of dealing with mons. While appreciate the enthusiasm, I would like you to refrain.
This isn't about that. There is no need to feel threatened over a public forum. Your way of dealing with mons is what I like. It is a free discussion that everyone is having. I am discussing with them and then using that free information in other things if they agree. I don't have to include yours if you don't want, though speaking to other people in here has nothing to do with you.

This isn't about that. There is no need to feel threatened over a public forum. Your way of dealing with mons is what I like. It is a free discussion that everyone is having. I am discussing with them and then using that free information in other things if they agree. I don't have to include yours if you don't want, though speaking to other people in here has nothing to do with you.
I think you misunderstand. This doesn’t belong in this thread. You can make a separate one if the mods allows so doing the way you wish to do it. But for here, that’s a lot of unnecessary work that doesn’t need to be done in this thread at all.

Last edited:
I think you misunderstand. This doesn’t belong in this thread. You can make a separate one if the mods allows so doing the way you wish to do it. But for here, that’s a lot of unnecessary work that doesn’t need to be done in this thread at all.
I put what I put and I wasn't going to post more, though now that it is there, people can message me. There isn't a problem.

I put what I put and I wasn't going to post more, though now that it is there, people can message me. There isn't a problem.
Regardless or not, this is for GSC, not any rom hack that uses GSC as a base and shouldn’t have even been mentioned. Please keep any and all conversations relevant to the actual game we are tiering. I have no issue if you want to test a mon, but if you choose to do it here, you must abide by the guidelines and rules listed in the OP. As stated prior, if you want to do whatever you’ve talked about, inquire with a mod if the the thread doesn’t exist. (This is now officially off topic)

Either today or tomorrow, Cyndaquil will be placed in either C or B tier provided with my logs and in depth analysis of every vote that has been made to give a fair and accurate tiering for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)