Tournaments GSCPL IV - Finals [Won by Ladder-Bayleef Saints]

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
  • Schedule via Smogon VMs. It's easier for us to make decisions for activity calls when we can actually see what went down with scheduling.
  • If you are unable to schedule with your opponent, please let your managers know ASAP so they can communicate that to us or the other team's managers for a potential substitute.
  • When making a substitution, please tag myself, the managers of the opposing team, and all of the players affected by the substitute to ensure that everyone is made aware. Players who have already played in the week or were subbed out in the same week cannot be subbed back in.
  • If a match remains incomplete by the time of the deadline, it will be subject to an activity call.
  • Replays are mandatory. Not only are they useful for confirming wins, they contribute to usage stats and allow the people who couldn't watch the games live to watch them later.
  • To managers: Please send us your lineups in the same format that we used to post pairings. It makes it much easier to post future rounds more quickly.

:jolteon: Shunkō Jolteons (1) vs (4) Ladder-Bayleef Saints :bayleef:
OU: Piyush25 vs Raahel
OU: Feaniix vs chub
OU: airfare vs MrSoup
Ubers: Conflict vs BigFatMantis
UU + Aero: dawnbuster vs corvere
NU: Real FV13 vs SANKE CARP

GSC UU + Aerodactyl Challenge Code:
/challenge gen2uu @@@ +Aerodactyl

Shunkō Jolteons (0) vs (0) Ladder-Bayleef Saints
OU: Piyush25 vs Raahel
OU: Feaniix vs chub
OU: airfare vs MrSoup
Ubers: Conflict vs BigFatMantis
UU + Aero: dawnbuster vs corvere
NU: Real FV13 vs SANKE CARP

Deadline for this round is Sunday, December 17th at 11:59 PM GMT-5.

Last edited:

Raahel

MANO TENGO FE
is a Tiering Contributor
Jamás pensé que llegaríamos a ganar GSCPL pero bueno aquí lo logramos, me voy contento con mi récord 4-1 y con este gran equipo por haber ganado el tour, ahora mis So/s

BigFatMantis Bro gracias por siempre confiar en mi y en tenerme en cuenta desde antes para el torneo te quiero mucho < 3.

MrSoup bro u are the GOAT of nu and now in ou, really ty for draft me u are going tobe one of the best gsc players and really u are a great captain.

corvere mi carry, mi goat, la mejor sin palabras 2do tour juntos segundo tour ganado segundo avy en menos de un mes somos buenísimos.

Jhonx~ Esto es para ti bro nos ayudaste durante todo el tour a pesar de que no pudiste estar al final por tu accidente espero cuando veas esto sepas que lo hicimos por ti y lo pudimos lograr.

SANKE CARP chub My goats really good work in the entire tournament, both play good games and improve a lot in gsc

Mizuhime yone Really good guys and supports we really love ur help and ur support in the entire tournament both are good guys, im very happy of having know them and to make them my friends.

Siatam really deseverded our sos u help me a lot to improve more my know playing and building and help me a lot to prep my games u now are one of my masters in pokemon i love u <3.

TC gracias por ser la persona que me enseño a jugar gsc primeramente y por siempre apoyarme jamás pensé que lograría ganar este tour y mucho menos irme con buen récord gracias por siempre confiar en mi te amo bro <3.

Last edited:

MrSoup

my gf broke up with me again
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen2ou-735365
won despite some mediocre plays by me, gg

WE DID IT BAYLEEFS (cry emoji)

I'm sosososo happy we were able to pull this through. I'm tearing up writing this. Our team had wild ups and downs and I truly feel like this is an underdog story pulled together by people passionate to get the win. We went through I think 5 different line ups in 9 weeks, but in the end we were able to find our groove thanks to the flexibility of the team. BFM and I were so excited for this tournament and care a lot about GSC. We've been prepping for months now so being able to taste victory in one of our first times as managers is so sweet. We couldn't of done it alone, and I'm genuinely so thankful and proud of everyone on our squad. It was an amazing experience win or lose just because I got to spend it with you guys.

yone you are genuinely one of the funniest people I know on this site. You came in excited to learn GSC and that's the type of player we wanted. Having a lively team chat is so important for a nine week tour like this and you brought the energy. I hope you got some of what you wanted out of this tour and learned as much as you could. I feel blessed by bayleef to have you along.

chub you're my boy and i'm so glad you decided to do this tour with me. Everyone probably knew we were drafting you but i really didn't care because you're actually a beast at any old meta you play. Thanks for sticking this one out and believing we could win even when it looked grim. You pulled out absolutely critical wins for us to get to this point.

corvere BFM and I kinda built our team around you bc of your strong discord presence and breadth of knowledge. I know you had to ping pong into many metas for this tour, but your flexibility and help in every role made this win possible. I'm glad the team could finally deliver you your GSCPL win because you hella deserve it.

SANKE CARP you are my gsc rands ladder legend. Where you lack in meta experience you more than make up for in pure skill, and we knew you could learn fast and quick. you were a lifesaver for us in this tour, helping us pivot our players around (i still cant believe you locked out of nu til poffs). You give me heart attacks while playing but it wouldn't be fun without some spectator excitement. an absolute steal and a job well done.

Mizuhime BFM and i created a giant spreadsheet of every player who signed up, what we'd pay for them, and their priority list for our draft. we want you to know you were number one for several undisclosed reasons. you had the vibes and the experience in this tour. some of your games didn't break your way but that's rather inconsequential to your willingness to help and push the team forward. Thanks a million

Raahel you were the absolute legend of the team. you pulled out an insane record and were always available with building, support, tests, and subs. stepping in for Jhonx was legendary, and your play was probably the most perfect on the team. well done, youre going for 20k next year.

BigFatMantis There's not much to say to you that I haven't already. The only thing I want to spell out is that you're better than you give yourself credit for, and you shouldn't hold yourself back because of that. GOAT player and amazing performance. We did this shit and I love you man.

skrimps a copypasta a day from chatgpt keeps the bad vibes away. you did that. you're an amazing friend and thank you for coming along for the ride. EllingtonReborn you too. Thank you for coming along with us and giving input when needed. Very blessed to have y'all.

RealJester thank you so much for tagging along and helping us in the final hour. you helped our ou builds tremendously in finals and I really think it made the difference here. And further thanks to everyone else who helped me or another one of our slots outside the Saints discord. You know who you are and I'm so grateful

Jhonx~ I think I speak for all of us when I say this ones for you. I can't wait for you to come back better and see that you are now a GSCPL champion. You're amazing.

GO SAINTS!!

GGs Jolteons and great tour, I had a lot of fun. This was my first time managing (other than captaining a few regional teams in side tours) and I couldn't have asked for a better partner than MrSoup in doing it. We were planning this for months to manage GSC PL, figuring out ways we could try to manage together but both play. When we found out it was double self buy, we considered gaming the system with a single buy and then committing to drafting the other person to get both for cheap. I'm glad we didn't do that and instead did it the legit way (albeit way more expensive) and brought home the trophy anyways. We worked so hard for this one, moving around lineups, trying to both learn OU a bit better because we had limited OU support, prepping for our own games in different tiers throughout the season, keeping everyone motivated after our disastrous Week 2 - we really earned this. We put in the effort and I am so happy that it showed in the end.

For everyone on the team, this was truly the most unique bunch of characters on one team to win one of these tours. We didn't have any of the standard household names, but everyone was just very good and motivated:

Raahel - Mano tengo fe - siempre confio en tu bro, es un placer ganar contigo. Tu tambien confias en mi para mucho y unos anos atras cuando yo no tenia las ganas mas para Smogon, usted (y tambien todos los Venezolanos) lucharon para mi y tambein confiaron en mi para jugar varios tours. Yo creo que, si eso nunca paso, yo no estoy aqui hoy, porque ese tiembo para mi en Smogon era muy difficil y casi nadie sabe de eso. Gracias a ti bro para todo - siempre yo lucho para usted y espero que seas muy feliz con este win. Tenias el mejor record en el team, te mereces este win.

corvere - Se que me ves mas como gringo que como Venezolano but that's ok (it's kinda true anyways I'm white washed like Indigo Plateau ). I think I was pretty alright at GSC Ubers earlier this year, but you have single handedly pushed my game over the top both in UPL and here in GSC PL. There is no way I could have been this successful without all of your help, every week. You are a true workhorse that never stops putting in the effort. And I'm happy that you ended up with a stellar record (better than mine) for the tour as well. I know GSC PL means a lot to you, and I know you came so close last year, so this one should feel really nice hopefully.

chub - Soup insisted we draft you and truthfully I didn't know that much about you but I trusted Soup on this. You were probably our best player during the first half of the season - you got us key wins and helped keep us in contention when a lot of us were really struggling. I'm not sure how many shits you give about other things, but I'm glad that you gave enough shits about this thing (GSC PL) to help get us this victory. And also you're kinda funny if not a bit brash/abrasive sometimes. Let me know when your games are scheduled tho.

SANKE CARP - I get so stressed watching you play, like massive heart issues, you are psychotic with some of your plays but it works and you just win anyways. Soup and I knew you'd be a steal in the draft, and we got you at the end. We never considered you'd be starting NU in the finals (we never really considered Soup wouldn't be in NU at any point) but you took it on and brought it home in both playoff games. Really proud of you, you're going to keep getting better and that's fax.

Mizuhime - Soup already said it all above - we really wanted you on the team from the start. We even dug up old GSC OU replays of you and you were quite good. I really think that if a couple things went differently for you at the start you could have finished off really strong here. I've seen your DOU games and you are a legend of a player for sure. I'm not sure how many team tours you actually plan on playing but I hope you consider giving GSC OU another shot in a future tour.

yone - We all love you, you have the highest quality to post ratio in the discord with all of your messages being an absolute delight. You made it clear you were here to learn GSC and that was ok with us - we wanted motivated people. You were also seemingly always online and always able to sub in at any hour (and did sub in for a few key games). Really happy with you on the squad - hope you keep practicing GSC and make a splash later.

EllingtonReborn / skrimps - You were the only two support people we had in the cord for the majority of the season. You both joined Week 1 and we didn't get any other help until jester came for finals. It's really important to have people on your side and I hope both of you enjoyed the antics from the cast of characters we had on this team throughout the season. Skrimps pls give a sermon in the cord before you dip.

RealJester - You volunteered to come help us for finals without us even asking and that means a lot. We had no real OU help in our cord the whole year until then and you gave some good advice for our last few games. You're a great person overall and I know you care about others and look out for the little guy often - I've seen it from you consistently on this site. You also play more GSC OU than probably anyone else as anyone who ladders GSC OU will run into you at least several times per day. Thank you for the help and maybe we team up for something in the future.

Jhonx~ - This is for you - hope you are doing well and we are very happy that we had you on this team. When you come back you can see that you've won GSC PL - get better bro and good luck with everything else.

To everyone else who helped outside the cord, thank you so much. Mr.378 thank you for always suggesting I bring Mime every week in Ubers. Torchic thank you for your help in DMs as well.

Special thank you to Hiro' and roxie for hosting as well.

We're not finished though, this is just the beginning. All of us have more things to do on this site. GGs everyone, and good luck in future tours.

Last edited:
Congratulations and ggs Bayleefs! You guys were the underdogs this season and put a lot of effort into getting this W. Happy to see Soup in particular win after being the NU mastermind for a while now.

I am super proud of what I did this season, 9-1 is the best I have done in any tour and I probably won’t top that for a while. Shoutouts to Real FV13 pp's splash town and Conflict for team inputs throughout the season, and shoutouts to Raichy and ziloXX for drafting. See you guys next year.

corvere

and beneath the mist, i saw my true reflection
is a Top Contributor
i deleted my shoutouts like 20 times now. it speaks about how speechless i am. after losing gscpl in the finals last year, as per my doomer nature i thought i wouldnt ever get a chance to win it (because i legitimately believe im bad, and that it was only a fluke I got there in the first place). thankfully i realized how flawed that way of thinking was and i regained my composure. so congrats me.

i wont say i played my best tournament, because i didnt. it was pretty flawed. but at least i won when it mattered. 4-2 after plenty of bad records back to back in tournaments (mainly gsc ones) makes me feel like im improving, even if little by little. even if I still lack a lot. but hopefully there's a long road ahead for me. and if there is, i'm willing to do everything in my capabilities to conquer it. and I will.

i'll let my ego aside now. i want to obviously thank my managers MrSoup and BigFatMantis for believing in me and drafting me. I know you guys had a lot of hopes in me, and i know you care a lot about gsc and gscpl, so i'm really happy i made it all worth for you two, and for myself, in the end. this was an amazing tournament and i mean it when i say i couldnt be happier with the team's atmosphere and how much fun i had, even if i was a little doubtful when things were going sour: after our 0-6 week i felt like everything was over. but you guys helped me and everyone in the team to remain calm and we were able to come back from that. i firmly believe we won this tour because of the extra effort you guys put after week2, so once again, i thank you for everything.

i built all my teams but the OU ones, and all of BFM's ubers teams. overall I'd say I am pretty satisfied with the final builds, but as per usual, there are some small nitpicks that could be changed / argued against because, again, I'm not the greatest builder. but thats ok. its fine to not be good at something as long as i pursue improvement. and hey, again, I'm pretty satisfied and happy with the builds, so thats all that matters. I'll share them now:

CORVERE:
:gs/snorlax: :gs/mewtwo: :gs/jolteon: :gs/gengar: :gs/cloyster: :gs/lugia: Week 1 UBERS vs Gondra - W

:gs/mewtwo: :gs/zapdos: :gs/snorlax: :gs/cloyster: :gs/steelix: :gs/heracross: Week 2 UBERS vs Torchic - L

:gs/snorlax: :gs/exeggutor: :gs/zapdos: :gs/cloyster: :gs/gengar: :gs/golem: Week 5 OU vs Chiles Habaneros - L

:gs/snorlax: :gs/tyranitar: :gs/starmie: :gs/zapdos: :gs/golem: :gs/cloyster: Week 7 OU vs Akaru - W

:gs/piloswine: :gs/ampharos: :gs/slowbro: :gs/nidoqueen: :gs/qwilfish: :gs/blastoise: Semis UU vs Mystras - W

:gs/ampharos: :gs/qwilfish: :gs/nidoqueen: :gs/feraligatr: :gs/haunter: :gs/blastoise: Finals UU vs Dawnbuster - W

BigFatMantis:
:gs/mew: :gs/snorlax: :gs/mewtwo: :gs/steelix: :gs/cloyster: :gs/raikou: Week 3 UBERS vs Isa - W

:gs/mew: :gs/cloyster: :gs/tyranitar: :gs/snorlax: :gs/mewtwo: :gs/raikou: Week 4 UBERS vs Amaranth - W

:gs/lugia: :gs/cloyster: :gs/snorlax: :gs/tyranitar: :gs/raikou: :gs/mewtwo: Week 5 UBERS vs Manaphy - W

:gs/misdreavus: :gs/tyranitar: :gs/mewtwo: :gs/snorlax: :gs/forretress: :gs/celebi: Week 6 UBERS vs Iguana - W

:gs/exeggutor: :gs/snorlax: :gs/mewtwo: :gs/zapdos: :gs/cloyster: :gs/mew: Week 7 UBERS vs conflict - L

:gs/snorlax: :gs/cloyster: :gs/steelix: :gs/gengar: :gs/zapdos: :gs/mewtwo: Finals UBERS vs conflict - L

MrSoup - again, thank you a lot for drafting me. i think our first interaction was in altpl? god, it wasn't even that long ago but it sure feels like it was. i loved teaming up with you then and i loved teaming up with you again now. your gsc knowledge is insane, i cannot put it in words how much youve surprised me with everything youve done for me in uu, for chub in ou, for yourself and sanke in NU. the real goat of gsc. i hope to team up with you again in the future.

BigFatMantis - i dont remember exactly if our first interaction was in upl or not, but thats the one i remember the most. i went into upl with low hopes but you quickly banished them all by proving not only that you were more than capable of playing and going toe to toe with the greats, but also by showing you could pilot my trash teams. that takes some effort, heh. you even ended with one of the best scores that tour. and now in gscpl, you even finished with the same score in one tier(ubers) than me in the whole tour. heh. youre too fucking good man. im really happy and proud.

Raahel - ¿qué puedo decir? campeones de EPL juntos y ahora campeones de GSCPL juntos. honestamente superaste toda expectativa que tenía en vos, tanto en entendimiento del juego como en habilidad. si antes pensaba que eras bueno, ahora pienso que lo sos más todavía. te llevas un score increíble y eso que empezaste el torneo siendo sub. tenés que seguir jugando gsc y te tenés que unir a torneos como spl. te quiero ver jugando ahí. de corazón digo que tenés lo que se necesita para ser un grande en el formato. gracias por carrearme.

chub - you are a fucking psycho i hope you know that. when soup and bfm drafted you i instantly knew your team was doomed. then i realized we were both in the same team. "fuck" i said. so i decided i had to carry your ass. banter aside im really glad and happy i got to team up with you again. we teamed up in UUFPL and i watched you destroy everyone in rby and gsc uu. i knew you were an incredibly good player then, and even if you didnt had the gscpl you might've wanted, i still think very highly of you. if you keep playing ou / ubers, you'll be equally as good, if not better, than you are in those uu tiers. please keep playing and improving.

SANKE CARP - this was my first time teaming up with you and getting to know you in general. soup always put you in high regards and i now see why. youre like a toned down chub. thats a compliment. im really glad i got to play with you and watch you make our managers suffer because you kept not clicking fucking spikes. keep playing gsc.

Mizuhime - thank you for being a nice team presence. i hope you enjoyed this gscpl. your involvement the earlier weeks (the later ones too) was and still is appreciated.

yone - you are one funny motherfucker. even if i never showed it, i wanna let you know that i found you extremely hilarious and honestly a great dude overall. hopefully you get to learn gsc like you wanted. keep playing and i'll hopefully team up with you again.

EllingtonReborn - i practically forced you to support us and im sorry for that. but i hope you had fun and enjoyed the team atmosphere. you were of great help. thank you. teach me adv ru maybe?

skrimps - chat presence goat. undisputed. thank you a lot for being there to cheer us up.

Jhonx~ - sé que no pudiste desenvolverte tanto como te habría gustado esta gscpl por varios problemas que tuviste y creeme que lo siento por vos. espero te puedas estar cuidado y mejorando. esta win es para vos. gracias por ser un buen teammate y por demostrarme equivocada más de una vez. sos bueno en el juego. gracias por ayudarme en ubers algunas semanas, a mí y a bfm. sé que ver todo esto cuando vuelvas te va a poner muy feliz. y eso me pone feliz a mí. cuidate.

thank you all for making this a very memorable gscpl, and ggs to the jolteons. i had a lot of fun.
see you all next year.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)