GTS Cloning Trick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
But uh... If he's talking about Mews, why are you talking about routers and rotations?
*sighs

Does anyone know the exact steps to clone a pokemon through WiFi? Me and SePh accidentally cloned a Giratina and lost a Latias. This glitch would be handy for cloning movie Darkrais.

*sighs

Does anyone know the exact steps to clone a pokemon through WiFi? Me and SePh accidentally cloned a Giratina and lost a Latias. This glitch would be handy for cloning movie Darkrais.

Yeah, I don't know if there's a way to perfect this "cloning glitch" or if the effect could happen on either side meaning you could potentially be taking a risk losing any of the pokemon you dont want to lose. Just to warn others before attemping. Jibaku, get on msn.

I have such a hard time with this. >_> I can be in the exact same location of my house, and sometimes it will take 8.5 rotations to deposit, so I wait to turn off around 8.25, and it ends up depositing at 5. Damn Nintendo WiFFi connector.

Ive noticed a crazy amount of trades asking for lv 9 and under mews. is this for cloning, because it is getting rediculous.

Ive noticed a crazy amount of trades asking for lv 9 and under mews. is this for cloning, because it is getting rediculous.
I would imagine so. I noticed this while hunting for Cresselias on the GTS (the one in my game was Lax). For the record, what is the minimum level for Mew?

I would imagine so. I noticed this while hunting for Cresselias on the GTS (the one in my game was Lax). For the record, what is the minimum level for Mew?
I'm sure its the lv.10 Mew from TRU. I believe the Mystery ticket (whatever its called) Mew was on lv. 30

*Casually stumbles into thread out of curiosity*

There's still this many people that are relying on counting rotations? I'm curious as to how many people who are trying to count rotations know about or have tried to watch their router to up the success rate (I know it's been mentioned in the thread before). I've been working off an almost 100% success rate since I started watching my router, failing only on the merits of my reflexes.

I've only heard one other time about acutally losing something while trying to GTS clone, it has yet to happen to me even once.

Expert Evan

every battle has a smell!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

There's still this many people that are relying on counting rotations? I'm curious as to how many people who are trying to count rotations know about or have tried to watch their router to up the success rate (I know it's been mentioned in the thread before). I've been working off an almost 100% success rate since I started watching my router, failing only on the merits of my reflexes.

I've only heard one other time about acutally losing something while trying to GTS clone, it has yet to happen to me even once.
How do you watch router? My success rate is probably only at a miniscule 3% rate.

how do you watch your router?

You have to watch the WLAN light. When it blinks, you shut off your DS. Something like that.

Doesn't work with Nintendo WiFi connectors, as far as I know, though I wish it did.

You have to watch the WLAN light. When it blinks, you shut off your DS. Something like that.

Doesn't work with Nintendo WiFi connectors, as far as I know, though I wish it did.
This.

After choosing what you want to trade for, it's level, etc., when you verify and send your poke, the WLAN light will blink several times in quick succession. After 10-15 seconds or so (or 7-10 rotations), the WLAN light will again blink. If you shut off the DS quickly enough as the second set of blinks occurs, you're good to go. There's a margin of error both ways - you can shut it off before the second set is even done and fail, and if you're anticipating it and shut it off exactly in time with the blinks you can fail, it's just a matter of getting used to your router.

A lot of people recommend having nothing else running/going on on your computer, though from my experience it just messes with the timing more than anything. I've had several sites open and a dozen or so torrents running and still have cloned, it just makes the timing trickier, so I wouldn't suggest it.

Also, I have no experience or idea how it would work with the WiFi dongle.

This.

After choosing what you want to trade for, it's level, etc., when you verify and send your poke, the WLAN light will blink several times in quick succession. After 10-15 seconds or so (or 7-10 rotations), the WLAN light will again blink. If you shut off the DS quickly enough as the second set of blinks occurs, you're good to go. There's a margin of error both ways - you can shut it off before the second set is even done and fail, and if you're anticipating it and shut it off exactly in time with the blinks you can fail, it's just a matter of getting used to your router.

A lot of people recommend having nothing else running/going on on your computer, though from my experience it just messes with the timing more than anything. I've had several sites open and a dozen or so torrents running and still have cloned, it just makes the timing trickier, so I wouldn't suggest it.

The USB connector always flashes when it's connected, so there's no easy way to tell. :(

(I use one)

This.

your method definitely doesn't work for me since my wireless router's lights for both WAN and WLAN blink successively every few seconds. for me the mark for cloning is somewhere between the 8th and 9th rotation on the clock. my success rate lately has been abysmal. only 1 out of every 10 tries or less. *sigh*

your method definitely doesn't work for me since my wireless router's lights for both WAN and WLAN blink successively every few seconds. for me the mark for cloning is somewhere between the 8th and 9th rotation on the clock. my success rate lately has been abysmal. only 1 out of every 10 tries or less. *sigh*
Do you have any other active computers linked with the router?

in theory-

Could someone hack like 100 level 9 mews and clean up on the legits being cloned on wifi?

How skanky would that be? I don't even know how to hack, nor do I wanna know, but it just takes one crooked mind for this...

Hmm....

Well, that explains all the Level 9 and under Mew's I've been seeing.

Dang, so much for finding a real Mew on the GTS anytime soon.

Not that I'm in desperate need of getting one or anything, as I've already got some nice Mew's. Anyway, I just like collecting Mew, since that is my favorite legendary. ^_^

Am I the only one who utilize this glitch reliably?

I have a success rate of over 90% now, just need to watch the router Wireless and Internet LEDs, and make sure no other devices are utilizing the wireless or internet.

Ive cloned some things like evolutionary items and certain Pokemon, but my Rare Candies are all from PickUp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)