HailStorm Stall Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently i've been intrested in the weather effects hailstorm and decided to make a stall team based off such its 37-0 so far and its done really well.
I know it may seem like a long shot but just take a look.

The main goal off this team is to forse my oppenent into submission by stalling yet hitting I little hard when i get the chance

Abomasnow "Let It Snow
@ Sassy, Leftovers, Snow Warning (of course)
252 Hp 20 sp attack 160spDef 76 speed

Abomasnow.gif

~Wood Hammer
~Blizzard
~Protect
~Leech Seed

My Lead. Some say not to activate hailstorm at the get go but with protect this makes a great lead to scout choice items and now negates leftover recovery from any non hail type poke in battle. ev's make it slower than t-tar so i can get hail up.

Walrein "WALLrein"
@ Bold, Leftovers, Ice Body (Duh)
252 hp 252 def 6 sp def

dpmfa365.png

~Protect
~Roar/Yawn
~Substitute
~Surf

Ah good ol' Stallrein. The base of my team pretty standard set except yawn which can help me when toxic spikes is removed and my tenta has fainted who i'll get into next. also works great with protect.

Tentacruel "Squidward"
@Calm, Black Sludge, Liquid 0oze
252 Hp 252 spDef 6 Def

Tentacruel.png

~Blizzard
~Surf
~Toxic Spikes
~Rapid Spin

Tentacruel Very popular amog hailstorm teams. serves as my mix ape counter can set up toxic spikes with ease and absorb incoming poison moves. also can take a hit or two as well.

Hariyama "Huzzah!!!"
@ Impish, Leftovers, Thick Fat
204 hp 52 attack 252 def

dpmfa297.png

~Knock Off
~Cross Chop
~Whirlwind
~ThunderPunch

I love this fat sumo wrestler thick fat is an awesome ability and makes a great weavile counter and gyrados as well with T-Punch. Knock Off items or Phaze things away for Sr and Ts damage Hariyama just pwns. I can also use the sleep talk variant.

Gliscor "Edgar"
@Impish, Leftovers, Sandveil(Just In Case Sandstorm comes into play and abomasnow has fainted)
252 hp 252 Def 6 Atk

Gliscor.png

~Stealth Rock
~Aerial Ace
~Earthquake
~Roost

I got the idea of using gliscor in a hailstorm team from another forum and turns out this little bat works great! Stops Hera from tearing through my team and can set up stealth rock with ease. my physical wall :_

Blissey "Majin Buu"
@Bold, Leftovers, Natural cure
252 def 252 Hp 6spDef

Blissey.png

~Protect
~Wish
~Toxic
~Bilzzard

Blissey Meh at least its good at what it does and Blizzard will KO Garchomp and friends now and it wont miss Wish up to heal team mates protect can let toxic do its damage and get hailstorm damge in as well as scouting.

Ive been thinking about replacing Walrein with suicune as i have no real way to eliminate skarmory.
I see no real problems with this team though im a little curselax weak :_

Still not convinced check out this battle I had with the imfamous TSP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfRzvqvFPPw

I think you should consider using froslass on this team as it can set up Spikes, and Destiny bond. Just give it focus sash. It is pretty much one of the best ways to abuse a Hail Stall team.

I think you should consider using froslass on this team as it can set up Spikes, and Destiny bond. Just give it focus sash. It is pretty much one of the best ways to abuse a Hail Stall team.

actually i was thinking of putting froslass in there to stop rapid spinners and the other reasons you have mentioned not to mention the occasional snow cloak hax.

but who could i replace?

I think you can try to be more offensive on your team like putting SD Lucario over Blissey or Garchomp and Machamp on your team over Blissey and Hariyama. Lucario can destory most physical wall with Close Comabt but Machamp counter Gengar, still counter TTar and Gyarados and Garchomp helps agaisnt Fire.

You need a Scizor Counter; no one on your team likes to take a Bullet Punch/Brick Break to the face. In that regard, I would either drop Blizzard on Blissey for Flamethrower, or add a Rotom-H/C/F with Overheat + HP Ground/HP Fire + Leaf Storm/Blizzard + HP Ground/Fire, respectively in place of Gliscor, and give Blissey Stealth Rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back