Hardest video game bosses

Dullahan from the Golden Sun series. That guy was REALLY hard to beat.
only if you are using bad classes like the base ones. a combination of the strongest classes such as ninja, ronin and uhh sage? are more than apt to take on dulahan. yes he hits like a bison stampede and has ridiculous hp but that only means you have to play tight.

personally, i think star magician is harder.

I could list a number of bosses from Touhou, but that's because it's freaking bullet hell.

One Touhou boss that does stand out however is Suika in IaMP, the first fighting spin off, who breaks the 4th wall with her last phase in a way that would impress Deadpool and puts pressure on you. First of all she breaks your stamina bar so you don't know how much you can guard before it breaks. For the record, this phase features HEAVY projectile spam and you need to use both the standing guard and the dash-guard (called grazing) if you want a chance at winning. The other bar she breaks is the health bar meaning the only hint that's she about to drop is a black hole that appears at the end which sucks you in. This is on top of her other phases, one of which is (insert nonsense word here) hard to damage unless your character is an ace with ranged attacks.

only if you are using bad classes like the base ones. a combination of the strongest classes such as ninja, ronin and uhh sage? are more than apt to take on dulahan. yes he hits like a bison stampede and has ridiculous hp but that only means you have to play tight.

personally, i think star magician is harder.
Ah. I brought in some good classes, he was just a pain to take out.

Agreed, especially in the third game O.o. Really brought his 'A game' this time around. Threw me for a loop. Used my old strategy of taking out his recovery balls and his big damage balls along with hitting him when I could, and he still kicked my butt. So I have to change up my strategy on him this time.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Dullahan from the Golden Sun series. That guy was REALLY hard to beat.
Nah you can beat him without Summons. Just give everyone Excaliber you've crafted from some farming and have it unleash. Dullahan is weak to Wind.

Shadow Link from Zelda II .... Do not use the trick where you back on the corner and then you crouch and you hit him and it's one of the easiest battles ever... Yeah that one :P

Giygas is not that hard.. I find him really overrated imo :/

Technodrome from freaking TMNT on NES.... OH MY GAWD THIS GAME... AND THIS BOSS!!!!

Let's see, I've got a couple who are tough, most notably though are Witney from Soul Silver, The Yellow Devil from the first Megaman, the final boss of Contra, and every single boss from Ninja Gaiden Three. You know, the one with the fuckin' birds.

Let's see, I've got a couple who are tough, most notably though are Witney from Soul Silver, The Yellow Devil from the first Megaman, the final boss of Contra, and every single boss from Ninja Gaiden Three. You know, the one with the fuckin' birds.
Whitney was a pain in the butt. Not just in Soul Silver... but in the original Silver as well. Her Miltank was REALLY hard to beat.

TheFourthChaser

#TimeForChange
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Half the bosses in FFIV

The level/difficulty curve for that game makes no sense
Really? I didn't think anything in the game was difficult until you were able to get to the Moon. It felt like everything just jumped up in strength. The final asspull boss was kind of hard but getting extra summons and a bit of leveling up helped with that. I usually don't level up or get extra things though lol

Kefka from FFVI was a huge bitch for me.

and @Aldaron both Seph's were pretty difficult but the one in KH2 was much harder.
I thought Sephiroth from KH1 was harder am I in the minority?

manfred von karma. those penalties were bullshit
I feel like facing someone else was harder but I can't remember who. I remember feeling lost in one case, maybe 1-5?

@above post I always thought Clair was harder, at least in HGSS but I don't really remember having trouble in the original either

Really? I didn't think anything in the game was difficult until you were able to get to the Moon. It felt like everything just jumped up in strength. The final asspull boss was kind of hard but getting extra summons and a bit of leveling up helped with that. I usually don't level up or get extra things though lol

I feel like facing someone else was harder but I can't remember who. I remember feeling lost in one case, maybe 1-5?

@above post I always thought Clair was harder, at least in HGSS but I don't really remember having trouble in the original either
Ah. Do you mean against her Kingdra? That thing was a pain to beat.

Alice

The worst taste in music
I could list a number of bosses from Touhou, but that's because it's freaking bullet hell.

One Touhou boss that does stand out however is Suika in IaMP, the first fighting spin off, who breaks the 4th wall with her last phase in a way that would impress Deadpool and puts pressure on you. First of all she breaks your stamina bar so you don't know how much you can guard before it breaks. For the record, this phase features HEAVY projectile spam and you need to use both the standing guard and the dash-guard (called grazing) if you want a chance at winning. The other bar she breaks is the health bar meaning the only hint that's she about to drop is a black hole that appears at the end which sucks you in. This is on top of her other phases, one of which is (insert nonsense word here) hard to damage unless your character is an ace with ranged attacks.
Mushihimesama futari makes all the touhou franchise look like child's play

Mushi II is worldwide regarded as one of the hardest games ever.

As for me, the hardests bosses are probably Goenitz from KOF96, -kohryu from LB2 (tied with kagami LB1), and Unlimited Mu12 on hell difficulty >_>
RPG wise probably Ys is the hardest out there...

Last edited:

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
some hero understands nothing.

Hardest Gitaroo Man stage is easily 4, you want to talk about 'Just dodge him U1, keep doding!'

Also the Michael Jackson ripoff following the San Bone Trio.

I recently restarted TWEWY with the express goal of 100% it finally, and boy am I out of practice, because some of the secret report bosses are just brutal, Pork City isn't even on my radar at the moment.

In TWEWY, the final boss of Pork City and Noise No. 82/84. Pork City's secret boss is simply hard to hit and hard to dodge, involves a ton of tricks, and it's way too easy to die, especially when I increase the difficulty to get the best pin drops. Noise No. 82/84 hit hard and it's difficult to dodge on both screens.

There's also Jecht from FFX because of petrification and his overdrive.

I've continually struggled with several Shadow of the Colossus bosses, primarily because I suck at that game (but I love it anyway).

I still can't beat Ballos from Cave Story

It's hard enough getting through the whole stage without dying. Then you have to fight a 3 form boss that flies all around the room. If you haven't lost most of your life or already used your life jar...

While not the hardest boss, I'm sure a lot of you know what I'm talking about with Whitney from GSC. Still have nightmares about that Miltank with Rollout

Hmm, I haven't played console games for years. But I remember beating Nemesis ( Resident Evil 3 PS1) is really tough. As well as the Giganotosaurus (Dino Crisis 2 ). I battled them like 4 times to get the game done lol

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I was going to post in this thread but I forgot what boss I was thinking of. Now I know. Final boss of Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams was a menace to beat, mainly because of how few hits you can take, but also of how his attacks can easily corner you if you aren't quick enough. I beat him after quite some time, but I emerged as a broken man.

I also learned that game got a sequel. Already am I dreading the final encounter.

Sephirona

t-t-t-tubearrific. (✿≖ᴗ≖) ・゚✧*:・゚✧
is a Top Artist Alumnus
I never bothered with Sephiroth in KH2, but I did beat him in KH1 after much effort, even at level 99. I keep hearing people say KH2's was easier overall too, though. Reaction commands and combos and whatnot. But I guess I wouldn't know.

Incidentally:

^Those timed guards at 1:15...

Also, I hated how heavily the 2nd KH2 Demyx battle relied on reaction commands. It wasn't terribly hard, but it really annoyed me. I prefer leaping in and just hacking and slashing away at my bosses. +_+

And I'll echo what everyone else has said about Whitney - that Miltank's Rollout was terrible.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)