Haxmons (Playable on Aqua)

So if something is paralyzed, does that mean it gets fully paralyzed 100% of the time due to hax?

I'm guessing no, because then prankster thunder wave = game.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So if something is paralyzed, does that mean it gets fully paralyzed 100% of the time due to hax?

I'm guessing no, because then prankster thunder wave = game.
Nope, only the three things I listed in the OP are affected, and the items/moves/abilities that effect those three things. But not Status and things have to effect on these three effects.

Nope, only the three things I listed in the OP are affected, and the items/moves/abilities that effect those three things. But not Status and things have to effect on these three effects.
Ok! You may want to make a note in the OP: only moves are affected, not status in general, and accuracy buffs do nothing (I think? You didn't do a good job explaining that)

Banning paralysis and confusion (the two statuses that have a chance of stopping the opponent from doing anything) would make the metagame more true to its name.

Just throwing that out there for consideration.

So because all moves crit, will Sniper mons be something that is viable?
A run-down of Sniper users:

Beedrill: lol
Fearow: lol
Ariados: Works, if only for Sticky Web. Otherwise, lol
Octillery: Strong, but really slow. Eh, its decent, but not exactly very good.
Kingdra: Tragically loses Draco Meteor in this meta. I suppose Wide Lens is an acceptable solution though. He can still Waterfall, so its not really a big problem.
Drapion: You'd be hard-pressed to give up Battle Armor, but it can work otherwise.
Barbaracle: A straight upgrade from Tough Claws, but Barbaracle doesn't get Waterfall for whatever stupid reason. Wide Lens Razor Shell is again, another acceptable solution, but you really want Waterfall here (seriously WTF Barbaracle)

Wide lens doesn't work, as the accuracy is lowered to 0 - 0*1.1 still equals 0. Also, dugtrio looks amazing with ancient power, a decent flinch move in headbutt, the ability to discretely trap and kill foes, and awesome moves as facade - you're going to be statused a lot, sunny day for freeze, restalk to prevent statuses, and the loltri-attack, as well as some nice priority in sucker punch. Also, relic song. gg

Wide lens doesn't work, as the accuracy is lowered to 0 - 0*1.1 still equals 0. Also, dugtrio looks amazing with ancient power, a decent flinch move in headbutt, the ability to discretely trap and kill foes, and awesome moves as facade - you're going to be statused a lot, sunny day for freeze, restalk to prevent statuses, and the loltri-attack, as well as some nice priority in sucker punch. Also, relic song. gg
Uh, no. Draco Meteor is 95%, so 95*1.1 = 104.5...

Case in point: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/tervari-gen6haxmons-487

Huh. I thought from what Snaq said, anything with accuracy of less than 100 is rewritten in the code to have a base accuracy of 0, and any modifiers afterwards would affect the new accuracy - 0.

Huh. I thought from what Snaq said, anything with accuracy of less than 100 is rewritten in the code to have a base accuracy of 0, and any modifiers afterwards would affect the new accuracy - 0.
He just mentioned it earlier this page...

items work, hence wide lens

it's also why hustle is the worst ability in existence here

tldr: you can get away with 95% moves but you need to give up your item slot, which can be used for amazing things (hint: Life Orb!)

edit: actually wait WTF just noticed draco meteor is 90 actually ._. so it has 99 accuracy, which means it should still miss!

Scald is probably the best move in the game now, it prevents freezing and guarantee burn, and since the only competition it has is surf I doubt any water type will use anything else (except poor Rotom-W who loses it's only water STAB)

Question. Can you use Blizzard on hail & Thunder/Hurricane while raining?

Scald is probably the best move in the game now, it prevents freezing and guarantee burn, and since the only competition it has is surf I doubt any water type will use anything else (except poor Rotom-W who loses it's only water STAB)

I think so, as the game changes them to have -accuracy in their weathers.

Kit Kasai

Love colored magic
Nope, if a move has less than 100% accuracy and is not changed to exactly 100 by a certain effect (No Guard, Lock On, ETC.) It will still miss (like at +Acc) also with Hustle all moves will always miss unless it's perfect Accuracy
Wide lens doesn't work according to this post.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Yes, it makes those moves have 100% ACC

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Assist Prankster Liepard can use priority flinching!!!

Liepard @ Choice Scarf/Choice Specs/Choice Band
Ability: Prankster
Evs: 252 SpA/252 Spe or 252 Atk/252 Spe
Nature: Timid/Jolly
- Assist
- Dark Pulse/Bite

This might seem like a joke, but basculin has access to mold breaker and waterfall allowing it to bypass inner focus users (but not steadfast users).

Basculin @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 ATK/252 Spe
-Waterfall
-Headbutt
-Aqua Jet
-Bite

Btw I think Lucario could use steadfast over inner focus as Lucario already resists most flinching moves and appreciates the speed boost.

Last edited:
Oh shit

Speed Boost Steamroller Scolipede - 100% accurate flinch move

Because screw your Steadfast Lucario, even with the 4x resist.

EDIT: I would say ninja'd, but its my own damn fault. I should've read the damn posts first.

Lucario has priority though
Touche. Oh well, it still screws over most everything else.

Anyways, other things I've noticed:

Ancient Power/Ominous Wind/Silver Wind seems super interesting, as it basically becomes untauntable +1 to everything. Charizard gets Ancientpower too, so both Mega Charizards can abuse that move to scary extents.

The fangs both Flinch AND cause secondary effects, (freeze/paralysis/burn,) but you have to hold an accuracy boosting item like Focus Lens or use Hone Claws to use them.

Shaymin-S also should probably be unbanned, as it can't make Seed Flare hit and needs Scope Lens to make Air Slash hit.

Last edited:

Valzy

Destroyer of Worlds
is a Contributor Alumnus
Another interesting Pokemon is Riolu, who you can switch in after one of your Pokemon has been flinched to death and use prankster copycat to copy their move, giving it priority flinching.

Meowstic is also a good flinch counter with priority me first.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)